Asian Continental Leagues (AFC president cup)

Hi!

Yesterday I've tried to play a game in Asia!

I noticed that there are 3 continental leagues: the champions league; confederations cup; afc president cup.

I saw that the teams playing the afc president cup come from nations that don't play the other two continental leagues (lika Sri Lanka; Taipei; etc.).

I'd like to know if the winner of this competition can get the access to play the confederation cup or the champions league...

(My purpose is to win the FIFA club world cup playing a team coming from Sri Lanka):D

AFC competitions

Asean Football Federation countries.PNG

The AFC runs the Asian Cup, a competition for the national football teams of Asia held every four years, as well as the Asian World Cup Qualifying Tournament and the AFC Challenge Cup. It also runs the Asian Olympics Qualifying Tournament. The AFC also runs three levels of annual international club competitions. The most prestigious (and oldest of the current AFC club competitions) is the AFC Champions League tournament, based on the UEFA Champions League, formed in 2002/03 with the amalgamation of the Asian Champions Cup and the Asian Cup Winners Cup. (An Asian Super Cup competition between the winners of these two major tournaments ended with the birth of the AFC Champions League.) The other competitions branched off this in 2004 when the 'Vision Asia' blueprint for development was launched. This led to the top fourteen AFC nations, the 'mature nations', sending their best teams to the AFC Champions League. The next 14 nations, the 'developing nations' qualify to send their teams to the AFC Cup.

The rest of the AFC-affiliated countries, the 'emerging nations' send their teams to the AFC President's Cup. The teams which qualify from each country are usually the champions and the cup winners.[1] Currently there is no promotion and relegation between the different levels of nations.

Basically Sri Lanka need to improve their world ranking for you to get into a better competition.

AFC competitions

Asean Football Federation countries.PNG

The AFC runs the Asian Cup, a competition for the national football teams of Asia held every four years, as well as the Asian World Cup Qualifying Tournament and the AFC Challenge Cup. It also runs the Asian Olympics Qualifying Tournament. The AFC also runs three levels of annual international club competitions. The most prestigious (and oldest of the current AFC club competitions) is the AFC Champions League tournament, based on the UEFA Champions League, formed in 2002/03 with the amalgamation of the Asian Champions Cup and the Asian Cup Winners Cup. (An Asian Super Cup competition between the winners of these two major tournaments ended with the birth of the AFC Champions League.) The other competitions branched off this in 2004 when the 'Vision Asia' blueprint for development was launched. This led to the top fourteen AFC nations, the 'mature nations', sending their best teams to the AFC Champions League. The next 14 nations, the 'developing nations' qualify to send their teams to the AFC Cup.

The rest of the AFC-affiliated countries, the 'emerging nations' send their teams to the AFC President's Cup. The teams which qualify from each country are usually the champions and the cup winners.[1] Currently there is no promotion and relegation between the different levels of nations.

Basically Sri Lanka need to improve their world ranking for you to get into a better competition.

So if I play normally with a team coming form Sri Lanka I'll never be able to play Champions League or the Club Wolrd Cup, isn't it??

But if I modify the ranking of this nation (or of its competition?) ,using the editor, it could be possible??

Actually, I'm pretty sure it has to do, IRL at least, with how the AFC ranks the leagues of the nations, not the nations themselves.

I think 4457 is right. If you can improve a team in the Sri Lankan league then I suspect you can improve the rating of that country in continental club competitions. That way they'll be able to qualify for higher competitions.

AFC Champions League

The 2009 season - present

The Champions League expanded to 32 clubs and direct entry will be limited to the top ten Asian leagues. Each country will receive up to 4 slots depending on the strength of their league, league structure (professionalism), marketability, financial status, and other criteria set out by the AFC Pro-League committee. The prize money has significantly increased from the 2009 season and the clubs can earn some prize money even at the group stage depending on their performance. The group stage will be conducted in the same manner as the previous four tournaments; however, this time, the eight group winners and eight runners-up will qualify to the Round-of-16. At the Round-of-16, the group-winners will play host to runners-up in a single match format, matched regionally. The regional restriction is lifted from the quarterfinal, and the quarterfinals and semifinals will be two-legged series, with away goals, extra time, and penalties used as tie-breaker. The final will be single match at a pre-determined neutral venue.

It seems the SFC have laid out guidelines as to which leagues are mature, developing and emerging. I'm not positive you can improve a nation's category but I guess it is possible. It certainly seems that winning teams of lower competitions can play-off for entry in to the higher level, so you could at least try and work your way up that way.

Certainly seems an interesting challenge.

• 1 month later...

Archived