FM 10: Jack Wilshere

Clark123

What postition and role do you get the best out of Jack?

Depends on what direction you develop him in. With great speed, Off the Ball and Dribbling like in the first post I'd play him in attacking midfield, as a trequartista or advanced playmaker. That high up the pitch he can make much better use of his ability to run at defenders and still has the option to get the best out of his passing and creativity. Think Mesut Oezil.

If you focus more on improving his Passing, Creativity, Anticipation and probably Tackling as well he'll do great as a deep lying playmaker in central midfield.

I'm trying to develop him as an inside forward on the right wing. I'm at the very start of the game and he's been little over average in my friendlies, but I will post back here with results after a couple of seasons. He will also provide cover for my first-team attacking-minded central mifdielders, but I am trying to play a 4-2-4 and he looks a little too attacking minded to play in the centre of a two man midfield, so I will only be trying this if I decide to play a 4-5-1. A fair few injuries to either midfielders or strikers seem the only way in in that position, so it seems he will be heavily developed towards the inside forward role.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to develop him as an inside forward on the right wing. I'm at the very start of the game and he's been little over average in my friendlies, but I will post back here with results after a couple of seasons. He will also provide cover for my first-team attacking-minded central mifdielders, but I am trying to play a 4-2-4 and he looks a little too attacking minded to play in the centre of a two man midfield, so I will only be trying this if I decide to play a 4-5-1. A fair few injuries to either midfielders or strikers seem the only way in in that position, so it seems he will be heavily developed towards the inside forward role.

i just got him after arsenal transfer listed him for 5.5mil. i will try to retrain him to amr too. he got the cuts inside ppm so good for me . actually he has a ton of ppm. don't know if it's good or bad

I started off with him for Arsenal and he was a good young player who helped me win the title. A few seasons latter when I was managing At. Madrid I signed him again and proved a great back up player. I then returned to Arsenal and signed him again (this time for only 7 mil) and he was a good first choice until my youngsters improved. So on my game I owned him three times and he was good/decent for both clubs however the gaps in-between when I didn't own him he didn't play as well as being injured a lot so by the time he was 30 he was good premiership quality despite having very good PA.

Bought him right at beginning of latest save for £10 m , could probably got him a lot cheaper but couldn't be bothered messing about i just wanted him ( also didn't know about the bug )

Here he is in almost 5 full seasons later, i love him , i don't think he needs improving on fm11, although he should be made harder to sign.

wilshere.jpg

I could have got him on a free transfer at the start of the season I'm currently in, but I missed him and Middlesbrough snapped him up. To be honest though, he's not so impressive in my save. Not sure whether it's a lower PA, or just that he's not been looked after properly by Arsenal. He only made two competitive appearances for them in 5 years. His Middlesbrough contract runs out at the end of June (Not sure why they only signed him on a one year contract), so I may try and get him then.

Edit: Maybe not. According to my scout, he's only Championship quality. Shame he wasn't trained up properly right from the start, but I suppose that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Archived