Does the ME treat AI and gamers fairly?

It's your imagination. SI stress that the ME can't 'see' who is human and who is AI.

I'm more inclined to believe my own eyes than what SI tell me. I trust myself more than I do a company who are, at the end of the day, out to make money from me.

If the ME treated AI and human equally then you'd see an even spread of 'superkeeper' performances with '1-shot-1-goal' victories shared between AI and human.

This isn't the case... not with my experience of the game anyway.

Hence, my opinion is that the ME can clearly can distinguish which of two teams is human controlled.

The Only difference between the AI and the normal user is the following

• The AI watches the matches in full, slow mode whilst the user does not
  • The AI changes their match-strategy in-game according to the matchstats whilst the human does so from a combination of the stats and from his own interpretation of the 3D/2D presentation

The combination of these 2 factors gives them an advantage to make statistically - yet static correct decisions more often and more often in time than the common user

The Only difference between the AI and the normal user is the following

• The AI watches the matches in full, slow mode whilst the user does not
  • The AI changes their match-strategy in-game according to the matchstats whilst the human does so from a combination of the stats and from his own interpretation of the 3D/2D presentation

The combination of these 2 factors gives them an advantage to make statistically - yet static correct decisions more often and more often in time than the common user

But to counterpoint that, the user is not restricted to specific pre-set ideas on how to take advantage of flaws/holes in what the AI is able to put forward. Essentially, the more time you're willing to put into the game, the greater the player's advantage over the AI and the player has the ability to be much more flexible (both by being proactive and reactive) than the AI.

But to counterpoint that, the user is not restricted to specific pre-set ideas on how to take advantage of flaws/holes in what the AI is able to put forward. Essentially, the more time you're willing to put into the game, the greater the player's advantage over the AI and the player has the ability to be much more flexible (both by being proactive and reactive) than the AI.

Yepp ( thats what I meant with Static). When you put in the effort the user gets an advantage over the AI, no doubt about it

If the ME treated AI and human equally then you'd see an even spread of 'superkeeper' performances with '1-shot-1-goal' victories shared between AI and human.

Whatever the AI can do so can you, it's the same engine nothing differs.

The most sense anyone has posted in a long, long time.

Whatever the AI can do so can you, it's the same engine nothing differs.

SO, can you tell me WHY I am not able to score with tons of 'clearcut chances', while AI alway scores with a poor chance.

I am not talking about this in one single game, but throught out seasons.

So, disregarding all the more intelligent users on this forum I see. :D

Picking up from what TheBetterHalf said, that's true. The match engine is a mere graphical representation of what we can see of the match, and that is probably a disadvantage to the human user, who is after all, just watching specks more on the screen, particularly people like me who still watches in 2D. After all, when a post match interviewer asks me if the penalty was a correct decision, who am I to tell by watching some dots on a screen?

I believe that the AI is able to see clearly what is happening on the pitch, but that is an advantage only by the most unfortunate default, since the average human user only watches matches in key parts, and only gain the information the AI does by looking at statistics and certain parts of the match, which of course does not tell the full story.

However, the major disadvantage the AI has is that it's a programmed engine, and it tackles issues fairly rigidly, and if the human user picks the correct approach against the AI, it is usually undone pretty easily, and that is due to the human flexibility, and not the AI who can only pick solution A to problem A. And this disadvantage of the AI, far overshadows that of the advantage they might possess in reading the match engine.

ssswxb - broken record, tbh. Read some of the threads here where it's been explained a million times.

ubos - you're still using the language of how to win by exploiting the ME. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not playing against a blinkin' computer - I'm playing against a football team. You can win with better tactics - genuine football tactics. There is a myriad of advice around here on how to close your tactical loopholes - some of you people don't read any of it and just blame the game.

Rant over, having just crashed out of the cup to an amateur side!

Archived