How to score from corners?

aim corners to far post (in-swingers preferably), have one of your best headerers to attack far post, the other best headerer to challenge keeper.

Works well for me.

I'm still waiting for SI to include the corner taker option of aiming "curl directly into the net" ;)

aim corners to far post (in-swingers preferably), have one of your best headerers to attack far post, the other best headerer to challenge keeper.

Works well for me.

I'm still waiting for SI to include the corner taker option of aiming "curl directly into the net" ;)

Thanks, i'll try this solution :)

Try not to use your striker on attack far post. I have Llorente as best header/jumper in the team but he was constantly marked out, after few games I've put him to challenge keeper and Amorebieta to attack far post and he wins more balls, also any other player has more headers then Llorente had as it seems Llorente is being marked with oppositions best header.

Seems having tall player on keeper and other tall guy on attacking near post distracts AI's center backs and makes job easier on third tall guy.

The 'distraction tactic' described in that corner theory thread worked fine for me in 10.1 but was terrible in 10.2. I'm now using the default setup with delivery set to '6 yard box' and it gets me a decent number of goals per season (9-10) but I'm still only midtable in the 'goals from corners' stat. The first placed Wycombe have scored 21 :eek: goals this season and from what I see, only 7 goals have come from their defenders which might not have been all from corners so I wonder what kind of tactic they use. IIRC the AI in FM09 only used the default setup and mixed delivery, does anyone know if that's still the case?

my tactic for corners are: both fullbacks stay behind, AMC stays at penalty area entrance for long shots, tallest player challenges GK, MC or DM stays on 2nd post, 2nd tallest player stays on 1st post, DCs and MR/ML have option to stay in area (can't remember option name). the guy taking the corner has mixed instructions. with this usually the AMC and MC/DM are alone, if the tallest player is awesome in air like dzeko for example he can also score a lot when challenging the GK. i usually put MR takins left corners and ML taking right corners

I have my two best headers, one attacking near post and the other attacking far post, the rest on foward. My best shooter lurking outside the box(usually my creative midfielder) my DM and fullbacks staying back and finally delivery into the 6 yard box. I did notice i win alot of headers this way as my players come running in from deep.

Attack on far post is always bad, bacause is very rare to get ball there. I suppose cross on short post where you put your best header. Sometimes he is able to get ball and pass to other player. There was one and only situation I've scored from corner. Other ways are waste of corners.

Attack on far post is always bad, bacause is very rare to get ball there. I suppose cross on short post where you put your best header. Sometimes he is able to get ball and pass to other player. There was one and only situation I've scored from corner. Other ways are waste of corners.

You have no clue at all. Why do you even bother writing?

The corner setup for 10.2

Aim far post

Left footed player does the left side corners, and right footed right side, but in 10.2 it works both ways

best header/jumper to attack far post

second best to challenge gk

striker to attack ball from deep

one player to near post flick on

one on attack near post

two players (long shot guys) to lurk outside (one of those is usually your corner taker, or it's best if he is, so you have one lurking and the other one taking the corner)

leave 2 back

Works like a charm once again :D

The corner setup for 10.2

Aim far post

Left footed player does the left side corners, and right footed right side, but in 10.2 it works both ways

best header/jumper to attack far post

second best to challenge gk

striker to attack ball from deep

one player to near post flick on

one on attack near post

two players (long shot guys) to lurk outside (one of those is usually your corner taker, or it's best if he is, so you have one lurking and the other one taking the corner)

leave 2 back

Works like a charm once again :D

Just tried this in my Vauxhall game (League One). First game: 2 goals from corners from the far post attacker. Nice start!

Archived