Changing tactics every game.

Hi all.

I was wondering, in real life often teams change tactics to suit their opponents, change formations, players etc.

I like doing this in FM different formations for different situations and different teams, say for instance a more attacking formation if I'm playing a lower team or a more counter attacking formation if I'm playing a higher league team.

But I have read around these forums and been advised to stick to a tactic so the players get used to it.

Is that the case or have I got it completely wrong?

Most teams in real life have 1-2 formations they use and they adapt them to be defensive or attacking. Any formation can be attack or defensive minded.

When you read you shouldn't change formation they actually mean the shape i.e 442 to a 352 and so on. Changing the settings is fine on a game by game basis. But the actual shape can disrupt a side and the players never really get settled and used to playing a certain formation.

Most teams in real life have 1-2 formations they use and they adapt them to be defensive or attacking. Any formation can be attack or defensive minded.

When you read you shouldn't change formation they actually mean the shape i.e 442 to a 352 and so on. Changing the settings is fine on a game by game basis. But the actual shape can disrupt a side and the players never really get settled and used to playing a certain formation.

With that said you shouldn't make drastic changes to passing, tempo or closing down either from game to game. Usually when starting a new game I kind of decide how fast and frantic I want to play and then keep it that way from game to game.

With that said you shouldn't make drastic changes to passing, tempo or closing down either from game to game. Usually when starting a new game I kind of decide how fast and frantic I want to play and then keep it that way from game to game.

Yeah I agree again. I'm starting to sound like the Churchill dog 'Oh yes':D

Archived