Replacing the Licensed Kits

Owner

Is there a way of removing the licensed kits so they just show the standard kits from the editior, like the premier league kits?

Strange request I know, as most people just overide them using the kit packs, I just wanted to start from this point.

Ta

The only way to do it would be to extract the 'graphics.fmf' file from the install location using the archive extractor tool. Make a backup of the file first and store it somewhere safe then use the tool to extract another copy of it. Delete the 'front' folder folder from \graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\'. Now use the archive tool to create a new archive, select the graphics folder you just deleted the files from within and call it 'graphics.fmf'.

Place this in the /data/ folder where the game is installed.

This is to do with this I think...

I've edited over Nott'm Forest in the database, changed the kit colours etc but naturally it still has the Forest 3d kit and the forest logo. How do I remove these. Also, will I need to put something else there, or will nothing be ok

Rephrase this sentence so it makes sense. "Now use the archive tool to create a new archive, select the graphics folder you just deleted the files from within and call it 'graphics.fmf'."

And I want to remove the licensed kits because they look tacky. And it's daft in 2014 when the teams are still playing in the same kit.

Rephrase this sentence so it makes sense. "Now use the archive tool to create a new archive, select the graphics folder you just deleted the files from within and call it 'graphics.fmf'."

And I want to remove the licensed kits because they look tacky. And it's daft in 2014 when the teams are still playing in the same kit.

The default kits do look tacky and pretty awful, but instead of trying to remove them completly why not just download the real kits, it's a lot easier and your game doesn't look crappy.

Example below:

kitexample.jpg

(Understand if you have to delete this post Radestock due to licensing and all that)

The default kits do look tacky and pretty awful, but instead of trying to remove them completly why not just download the real kits, it's a lot easier and your game doesn't look crappy.

Example below:

kitexample.jpg

(Understand if you have to delete this post Radestock due to licensing and all that)

Did you read my post? Why would United be playing in the AIG sponsored kit in 2015 or 2026? I just want the basic kits.

I'm sure there was a way of doing it in FM2009, but i've lost the config file!

The reason why I would like to remove the default licensed kits is, when editing a team, name, kit colour etc, the default licensed kit displays which I don't want.

Looks like there is an alternative method to remove the licensed kits this year - if you create a duplicate config file with the kit entries in for the teams who's licensed kits you want to replace, but don't put any actual graphics in the folder with the new config file the game will show the default kits (rather than a blank image like in the past).

Archived