Jerky matches graphics.

ill add to this.

i got a mac playing through OSX

2.8 core 2 duo MBP

512 nvidia 9600GM

4 gig DDR3 Ram

512 Hard drive.

i play through windowed, however its actually being played on my cinema display so ill say it runs about the same as full screen on a 15 inch, just instead transferred to windowed being powered on a 19200 resolution.

i get 1 star in preference which is disgusting considering this laptop could easily run more intensive games, and the 3d is simply not fluid.

the jerkyness is minor, yet annoying, you see it, like a mosquito but you can never find a way to kill it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick question for the guys at SI:

last year's fm, I tried the demo out on my laptop (which isn't great) and the demo would not let me used the 3d matches. I then bought the full game in November time and the full game would let me play the game on my laptop. I am playing the fm10 demo on my desktop computer so im wondering if when the game is released (or shortly after it) are we expecting a change in 3d handling in the full game compared to the demo?

I dont think it's a problem with the graphic card.

I have the same problem but it's weird as it happens to me only in official matches. When I play a friendly match, the game runs smoothly but in an official the whole game becomes slower, not only the match, but the entire game, each time i press a button it takes 2 o 3 seconds to show me the options. Perhaps the game does anything during official matches?

I just think the 3D engine is really badly optimised. It's not something SI have a lot of experience in to be honest and it shows.

I remember when PES 2007 came out and I could barely play it on my PC. Yet, on people's computers with lesser specs the game worked fine. It was up and down all over the place depending on which card you had - with the 'best' card not always being the best for PES. When PES 2008 and 2010 came out it was fluid as water - despite the game looking considerably better and requiring more spec. Konami had simply made a poor game in 2007 and later optimised it for 2008 and 2009.

It's something SI will need to sort out if they want people to use the 3D view. The 3D engine doesn't look much better than the likes of Kick Off on the Amiga, it should'nt be stuttery on any semi decent PC. People are gonna get to wrapped up in getting a better card or being told you have not got this and that, but really...you're not to blame. It's the game.

I agree with KOP's sentiments really. The issue is with the game, not people's cards.

Compared with the look of the match engine, really they should be able to get it to run decently on the most basic of system setups - there are games out that look far better than FMs 3d view that require a smaller spec or older graphics cards.

The only way that FM has an "excuse" is the background processing that goes on while a game is being played - I think that most of the jerkiness I experience on the laptop comes from background processing taking up too many system resources.

Oh and please, sort out the "low detail" setting - you can't see the ball most of the time because of the shadows - the ball goes light grey constantly.

Wait for the patch, there's a good chance the first/second patch will ratify some of the 3d view problems, like the first one did for 09 last year.

problem is I'm using a mac and they wont bother with the mac patch for weeks and weeks...

Not sure if this'll help anyone, but I'll suggest it anyway. I was having issues with a very jerky match engine too, and switching to windowed mode actually made things even worse. However, changing the camera view from the main stand view to the elevated view made it run smoothly again. Fwiw, my setup is:

Windows Vista 64-bit

AMD 9500 Quadcore processor

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9500

Drivers are fully up to date too, and nothing else was running in the background.

Archived