Detailed experiment of youth development - Troubling results

The "all around athletes" thing is something I've noticed.

Hopefully as you're so far you can assist. Do you find that most (well nearly all) players have madly low natural fitness? The occasional pacey guy comes throw, the odd guy with the stamina of an ox, but 1 in 1000 with natural fitness above 10.

I'm positive this is what is skewing the figures and that removing natural fitness will increase the numbers hugely.

Although, again, it shows that the regen system is broken beyond belief. As per usual then.

VB

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People is complaining that training is not working properly for youngers, but I don't think that's the point. I have a welsh player who entered national team at 19, and after a 6 months injury he returned again. at 23 he is the second best player of wales, and has nearly fulfilled his potential. Also I have dozens of players (I play with my own youngers) and they are developing nicely. But people seems to want young players increase 50 CA points each season, and less than 3 ability points in any stat is a sin for them.

in 2015 with west ham i am yet to see a decent FRED appear with me. (despite the fact that west ham are well known for producing a steady stream of talented british youngsters in real life).

i have had a few which are around the 150 mark, but as i have been european champions five yrs in a row, they are never going to be good enough to get in the side.

I have been using the miniscout to monitor the progress of youth players and english freds in particular as i am also youth manager.

Two observations. Firstly there sem to be a relative paucity of v talented youngsters coming from england as compared to south american nations & france, germany etc. there are literally about 3 or 4 u23 players with a pa above 180. This may have been affected by my use of ddt files to increase the number of non-english players available at the game start.

Secondly I have noticed that far too many high PA players have a low CA. I would suggest you want a CA of around 110 at 18 if you are to have any chance of being a wonderkid. Rooney/fabregas/pato style uber talented teens are extremely improbable in the future in fm08 as it stands.

i have resorted to upping the CA of talented youth players to 100+ with the fmm editor, just to give them a chance of blooming. i dont restrict this to players on my own books, and i recommend this as currently the only way of ensuring a decent talent pool for future (in particular international tournaments).

if you can be bothered to be more thorough i would suggest checking players have apropriate stats for their position and adjusting accordingly. i.e a high pa DC with jumping 5 is never going to end up very effective, so either give him a new position or up his jumping to 10+. This is particularly a problem with ai trained controlled players, the ai will never have the foresight to retrain such a player to a more suitable position.

• SI Staff

We think its in pretty good shape, but it is also fair to say that the odd wonderkid and faster developer wouldnt go amiss.....as long as they weren't the norm.

Its going to be tweaked to that effect in 8.0.2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

We think its in pretty good shape, but it is also fair to say that the odd wonderkid and faster developer wouldnt go amiss.....as long as they weren't the norm.

Its going to be tweaked to that effect in 8.0.2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Paul, do you mean the patching of this issue is in pretty good shape

or you mean the situation of the issue discuss here is actually pretty good and dont really need a fix?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

Its going to be tweaked to that effect in 8.0.2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the reply paul, it is helps to keep the frustration levels down if we know you guys are at least paying attention when we point out problems.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived