Purefun

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing special.

Just to BUMP this really.

So it doesn't get closed.

I'm going to be playing again within a couple of weeks. (maybe now a couple of you fools will join me icon_biggrin.gif)

Going to bump this once a week untill i play.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

These forums suck, they put my post IN THE MIDDLE of the thread, how does that make sense?

Also wanted to pass along this little nugget: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/csusmatt/rgergerg.jpg I picked him up for free after the 2008-09 season. When i did a "create player search filter from..." on him, the only three that came up were Ronaldinho, Gerrard, and Matias Fernandez! Not bad eh??

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by liam_everton89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

No actually tomorrow. icon14.gif

Aah be good to have someone to swap tips with etc, I've loaned in a fair few players, Won the Belgian Super Cup 4-0, need to do a fair bit of scouting I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i know. Not much money available. And certainly no room for wages.

Could you post a s.s. of your transfers? thx

No, not alot of money at all, One of my scouts got robbed off me and the compensation I got was a quarter of my transfer budget, theres lots of scouts there though!

I noticed theres not many coaches on 1st team contracts so I've had to sort that out.

I don't know alot about this league at all but I like the rules on transfers and loans, or rather the lack of them!

I've never played on this tight a budget before so should be intresting, I'm thinking the best way is to qualify for Gropup Stages of CL, maybe finish 3rd and if lucky get a few lesser sides in the UEFA.

Anderlecht.jpg?t=1208195139

Hopefully that's worked, BTW I'm paying 0 wages for any of these until end of season, still hope to sign a few more but I think most my shopping will be done in January, and I'm thinking most of them will be poached from contracts running out.

Originally posted by Scott08:

Ouch.. unlucky on the draw mate. Good luck on the game. Let me know how much money you get to spend in Jan/Next season. May consider a save if its ok.

Will ley tou know yeah mate, Im thinking it wont be alot at all, last month I made a loss of £1.7m not through transfers or anything, just general costs, I need to get rid of players to cut the wage bill, however to release them the compensation would kill me, going to have to wait until Jan now, Alot will depend on European success though I'm sure, as I just won a game in Europe adn got a pretty nice £425k from it.

HistoricWin.jpg?t=1208201249

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Chelsea, Sevilla, Sporting and Anderlecht for CL group, icon_frown.gif

My draw is Arsenal, Porto and Stuttgart.

Played only one Cl game : at home against Stuttgart 0-0.

Have to warn you i'm a slow player and my PC seems to be a lot slower than yours. icon_wink.gif Do have a lot of leagues loaded though.

Just lost Boussoufa for a month.

---

Could you post a screenie of your tactic?

I'm using the same one as in my Lyon save but i'm thinking of playing very very very different in Europe against Arse and Porto though. Defence all the way. icon14.gif

I'm just about play 3rd CL game, beat Sevilla sa above, beat 2-0 to Chelsea.

I tried changing my tactic for Chelseas going for a defensive 4-1-4-1, and, we just werent good enough defensively, our strength is attacking so reverted back to original tactic for Sevilla game and got a result, definitely need to strengthen defence and maybe in goal at January,

Tactic.jpg?t=1208202575

My PC is not fast lol!!

I've got a fair few leagues loaded for once actually, most I've had before, England, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium and all players loaded from Germany and Romania, don't know why I picked Romani lol,

Which leagues have you got running?

Have you found many good defenders to sign?

Loaded leagues : have to look it up mate will be for tomorrow.

Not any defender willing to come or i didn't have money enough will be something for january!!

Seeing your tactic makes me want to change mine.

Hi purefun,

I'm Nottm Forest in the Prem and Euro Cup but this is my first year in the Euro Cup and after successfully beating FC Groningen in the qualifying round I have been drawn in the group stage against Aberdeen, AZ, Zenit St Petersberg and Anderlecht

Is there any one I should look out for and i there any tactics I should play against them?

First half of team

2nd 1/2

Sorry I had to post 2 ss, its just they all wouldn't fit on one.

Originally posted by joeyt:

Hi purefun,

I'm Nottm Forest in the Prem and Euro Cup but this is my first year in the Euro Cup and after successfully beating FC Groningen in the qualifying round I have been drawn in the group stage against Aberdeen, AZ, Zenit St Petersberg and Anderlecht

Is there any one I should look out for and i there any tactics I should play against them?

First half of team

2nd 1/2

Well Cor Gillis is a great defender and Kruiswijk too but he is slow.

Polak is a good CM and Boussoufa is a great aml but it seems he doesn't play that much.

Thats all really except that there new striker does score a lot.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

Hi purefun,

First half of team

2nd 1/2

Well Cor Gillis is a great defender and Kruiswijk too but he is slow.

Polak is a good CM and Boussoufa is a great aml but it seems he doesn't play that much.

Thats all really except that there new striker does score a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK cheers

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Uni dissertation is in for 9th of May. So I have to finnish it, very long process and time consuming seeing as its over 100 pages :/

Ouch, that's alot mate, It's turning into a good game, I'm in January now just buying first few players instead of loaning, budget hardly increased at all the board gave me an extra £1m about £3.9m in total, but there is alot of players intrested in coming, just by looking at Player Search > Filter out those not intrested, get some good players,

Off the top of my head Tymoshuck was intreted

LLoris

It's more the wage budget that gets you, as its tiny I'm used to paying appearance fees more than there wages lol.

Hopey

You are always welcome in here mate.

Liam

Some good transfers there. Didn't think at some of them like Dervite ... may need to copy you if i don't find any players willing to join.

I'm currently at the end of october.

Did you go further in Europe?

purefun

I'm now in UEFA Cup after finishing 3rd in my CL Group, on the last game I could of gone through if Chelsea didn't lose but apart from the financial loss, I'd of rather been in UEFA, won my 1st knockout round fixtures vs ?????? Some rubbish team (I forget), Now I've been drawn against At Madrid.

In semi's of Belgian Cup, no troubles so far, and just lost my first league game of the season, I think I'm 10 points clear now,

Alot of signings aren't hardly used if at all, but I'm not paying a penny for them so there good cover, be intresting to see what kind of prize money there is for the different competitions and also the next seasons transfer budget, I can see a few bids coming in for some players that I'm going to have to accept, Biglia(?) is attracting attention and was called up to Argentina squad.

Those are some great results mate.

Did you download that tactic? It seems to be working well.

-----

At the end of november now and finally first in the league with one point. Send Pieroni back to Nantes because Frutos was doing great now he is back injured for 2 months.

Really need some good players in january. Already started looking in national teams from eastern europe.

In europe going bad though. 2 losses and 2 draws.

Season 1

Well it's been fun, the low money / wages is new to me so that was particularly challenging, not being able to go out and blow £10m on a player and give him £50k p/w.

Anyway season went like this...

Transfers In & Out

Transfers-Anderlecht.jpg?t=1208256950

Only actually played a few of these loan signings game to game, the rest were back up really, all ot them were more than capable of performing well in the league, Piatti looks like next season he'll be a star, and I've got someone coming in on a free who looks decent.

Belgian First Division

This went well unbeaten for the first 20 games I think, mainly tailed off towards the final part of the season..

Finished 1st on 80 points,

2nd - Genk - 72

3rd - Club Brugge - 66

4th - AA Gent - 65

5th - Westerlo - 57

Relegated -

Lokeren - 28pts

18th - FCV Dender - 22pts

Some Player League Stats

Top Scorers -

Zlatan Ljubijankic - AA Gent - 21

Ibrahima Sidibe - Sint - Truiden - 2-

Ivan Bosnjak - Genk - 19

My Closest scorer was Anichebe with only 11 in league.

Top Assists -

Mbark Boussoufa - 12 - Me

Guirane N'Daw - 12 - Me

Cedric Roussel - 9 - RAEC Mons

Highest Av Rating -

Ibrahima Sidibe' - 7.52

Roland Juhasz - 7.48 - Me

Belgian Cup

6th Round vs Verviers - 6-1 win

7th Round vs - Zulte Waregem - 2-1 win,

Q Final vs Beveren - 1-1, Win 5-3 on pens.

S.Final vs Standard leg 1 - 3-1 loss

S.Final vs Standard leg 2 - 5-2 win , win 6-5 AGG

Final vs Genk - win 1-0

Champions League

H = At home, A = Away

H vs Chelsea - 0-2 loss

A vs Sevilla - 1-3 win

A vs Sporting CP - 4-2 loss

H vs Sporting CP - 2-0 win

A vs Chelsea - 3-1 loss

H vs Sevilla - 2-0 win

1stChelsea - 15pts

2ndSporting CP - 12pts

3rd Anderlecht - 9pts

4thSevilla - 0pts

UEFA Cup

1st Knockout round vs Zuric - 6-0 AGG win

2nd Knockout Round vs At Madrid 1-1 on AGG won 3-2 on Penalties

Q.Final Vs FC Bayern - 4-4 on AGG lose on away goals.

Belgian Super Cup

A nice way to start off my career at Anderlecht, a 4-0 victory over Club Brugge.

End Of Season Money

For anyone who wants to know the prize money etc,

£4.6m Champs Lge TV -End of Season

£90k Belgian cup winners

£1.8m Belgian league Champions,

Yet to see if anymore comes in.

THE END icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

purefun

Heres a few more players I've found who I'll be bidding on, have a look at them see what you think, all willing to move, Dan Alexa - DM

Jonathan McKain - DC

Luca Ciarini - MC (looks like he could boss this league)

Maarten Martens - AMC

Great season mate, well done icon_smile.gif

Im a tad dissapointed you didnt get anymore money than that despite winning so much, still.. i am tempted by a Belgian league adventure icon_smile.gif

Too stuck into my Arsenal save for the time being though, hopefully in a couple of weeks or so.

Originally posted by jess boi:

alrite everyone icon_biggrin.gif gonna give this ago, looks a good challenge ! Has anybody managed to get past the group stages?

Hi mate, yeah have a crack it it, make sure you keep us informed how your'e doing, I never got past the groups stages of the Cha,pions League came in 3rd place but then went on to UEFA Cup Quarter Final, only losing on away goals,

It's very difficult though, or atleast I'm finding it difficult, purely because i'm not used to the wage/transfer budgets being small.

Best things are, no limit on how many loans you have in a season, and not much of a rule on foereigners in the side, tjhink you must have about 4 Belgians in.

cheerz mate il keep an update of how things are going, so far ive put an offer to loan danny haynes, a couple of players from partizan belgrade, an offer for torje and a few other loan offers lol nobody seems to be interested atm but hopefully i cn get some people in icon_wink.gif

jess boi

yeah you'll be fine, I ended up loaning over 20 players and paying 0 wages for any of them lol, alot of the squad is good enough anyway,

To free up some wages, theres a striker at the club on loan, if you loan in another striker get rid of him, thats what I did and the I was able to actually buy a player.

Originally posted by jess boi:

liam

to enter a screen shot do i have to upload to photobicket, could u quickly explain please mate as ive wanted to do it for a while icon14.gif

How to Post a Screen shot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Archived