My Winning Tactic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a game with man utd the other night and got bored quick because I thought i'd made loads of good signings and I lost 3-0 at home to charlton, I think it depends on training, motivation and tactics especially and in my experience once you win a couple of games you will never look back.

In my go ahead eagles game i got promoted in the 1st season and it took me another 4 to win the premier league title, after I won the first one I won 20 in a row and 12 champions leagues, just give the team time and things will come good!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am very impressed with this tactic.

ntfc's tactic got Cambridge out of the conference and we were struggling manfully until I tried this tactic. my central MC has already scored 45 goals this season and the January transfer window is just opening!

Cannot recommend enough! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to update my MC ended the season with 111 goals from 49 matches. Easily won promotion and even won the FA Cup beating Arsenal, Spurs and Everton along the way. Thumped ManU 3-0 in the final.

Not bad for a League 2 side.

I have no idea how you guys are getting over 100 goals out of you mc, most I have had was 77 in the dutch league, however I have once had 2 different players rotating scoring over 50 each.

Glad the tactic works well for most folks here, think it's getting a bit easy in my go ahead eagles game so I'm gonna start a new one today.

Best thing to do with Go Ahead eagles is buy Schmoller and Emilliano Vecchio at the start for peanuts, they won't do you any good for a couple of seasons but will come good and give you 2 or 3 good years before making you millions of pounds and funding your team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have no idea how you guys are getting over 100 goals out of you mc, most I have had was 77 in the dutch league, however I have once had 2 different players rotating scoring over 50 each. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well this particular MC was picked up from FC Dallas for 12K, and every stat he had was in the teens. I think the big stats for the position hsould be movement, dribbling and obviously shooting - this guy (Mark Wilson) had 16 for all 3. most importantly, this was against League 2 defenders...

• 2 weeks later...

Strangest thing happened, I started a new game with hearts using this exact tactic and after 10 seasons I have still been winning everything but including 3 champions leagues but my central midfield man hasn't scored more than 30 goals in any season I have played, I have tried loads of players and it's simply not happening now, it makes the game a bit more realistic as my goals are well spread and for once I have a striker who is banging in 30+ a season and my team total goals is still every bit as high.

I've been using this tatic for ten seasons now with mostly great success. Premiership is still hard for me to win but the champions league i've won about seven times. What puzzles me is that my two MCs left and right of the central MC regularly don't perform as well as they should do. This seems to occur to anybody i play in those positions. I've tried the odd tweak such as running with the ball but nothing makes a noticeable change in performance. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

I've found that you have to have brilliant dmc's for them to get good ratings, Freddy Guarin is great, if they have hiugh shooting they chip in with a few goals and this helps, this formation is based around the central man though and as such the other midfielders won't see so much of the ball and therefore are not going to score 10s or 9s every match. I don't think I have ever had a guy in these positions with an average rating of over 8 in a whole season so I wouldn't be too concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

Jambo you're a genius - this tactic works great.

I have noticed though that a lot of people are saying that their strikers dont really do a lot while playing this tactic, which makes me wonder, why not play a 4-5-1 and strengthen the defence while still keeping an all attacking midfield?

Any thoughts?

cheers JD, use this in second season just before league cup final. hammered man u 5-0 playing as sheff utd. got a lot of enjoyment out of it. up the blades

• 2 weeks later...

it seems to work ok while at home but i just got beat by crewe, i'm Man Utd and i changed mid season, does this matter and do the players have to get used to formation, i'm only in 1st season so i might try again. who's best player for the center midfield role.

Works fine at home though before loss to crewe i beat Man City 5- 0, so not all bad.

Many thanks

It's just a plain 3-5-2, not attacking or defending.

Finally I've got my net access back,and it's good to see that in my absence this tactic from Jambo has been getting the recognition it deserves.

Still playing in the same game with Dortmund. Trying to reach 30 seasons. It's now 2013-14.

On the midfielders front, I play an attacking midfielder or normal MC to the left of the middle AMC, and a DMC to the right. That DMC is luck if he ever gets above a 7. Whoever I play in AMC seems to get a hatful of goals but you do have to watch it as anyone with slightly inferior finishing b*ggers the whole system up.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo_Dave:

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to this forum but thought i'd post my tactic in the same way as NTFC and see what sort of feedback I get.

I started a game with St. Johnstone in the scottish D1 and have now won 6 spl titles in a row plus 2 champions league trophies and one uefa cup. I got promoted playing standard 4-4-2 but was struggling a bit in the spl in my 1st season until I changed to my current tactic which has knocked the old firm of the top!

The formation is 3-5-2

Emphasis - Normal

Passing - Short

Tackling - Normal

Pressing - Yes

Offside trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind the Ball - No

I also don't play with a playmaker.

Player instructions

Passing - All set to team

Tackling all set to team except 3 centre midfielders who are set to HARD.

Pressing all set to yes except the back 3 defenders and the goalkeeper.

Pass to - Everyone set to R/L/C

Set pieces - haven't changed

Free role - Both wide player (ML and MR) set to yes and everyone else No.

Forward runs all no except wide men and the middle man of the 3 central midfielders and one of the strikers

Run with ball - All no except wide men, middle of the 3 central midfielders and one of the strikers

Hold up ball - All set to NO

Long Shots - All set to No except all 3 central midfielders and the striker who is set to run with ball.

Through Balls - All set to NO

Cross Ball - All set to NO

Marking - Similar to NTFC, all set to man marking except goalkeeper, the middle of the 3 defenders and the middle of the 3 midfielders.

This tactic relies heavily on the middle man of the 3 midfielders, in my game the guy I have there has scored over 40 goals in every season and often scores four or five in single games. The key stats to look for in this role are shooting, dribbling, passing, tackling and movement and he will score loads of goals.

Obviously players like Totti, Lampard, etc are good but there is a guy you can get cheap really early called Sebastien Zuniga who you can get cheap as chips and at age 15 will give you years of service.

I have tested the tactic with Roam in Serie A alos and won Serie A and the UEFA cup in the first season so I am thikning it's a decent tactic, would be nice to here if anyone else tries it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has Anyone tried this with Liverpool because i was usin this tatic and i loss 3 in a row i've done wat it said but i think its my defenders letting me down who should i buy and i can't find the Zuniga guy. And also who should i get as midfields?

Haha, I just played a season with Dundee in the spl and won every game in every competition using this tactic, couldn't believe it, I beat Celtic 7-1 away and beat rangers 8-2 in the scottish cup final.

Think it's time I put this game to rest for now and wait for the new version.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clovis_kanda87:

Fantastic Tactic Jambo_Dave. It's the main reason for my Tamwouth side winning League Two last season 119 points, 117 goals, and now we are sitting in the lofty position of 1st in League One, and pushed Man Scum in the FA Cup before losing 3-2 to a 88th minute winner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top tactic I agree, I've won 10 trophys in 5 seasons including 3 titles and 2 Champion Leagues with Blackburn using this tactic.

The 4-1-3-2 formation has worked for me at any team I have managed. I played with Barca for 10 seasons and I made the Final of the Champions League in all 10 seasons, and won it 8 times.

I got bored of winning and then I starting the game with several other clubs and it was still heaps easy with 4-1-3-2 formation.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I have to admit that this tactic was great for FM handheld - I started as Coventry City but after about 5 straight seasons of winning everything (never got the premiership title though), my home town Hinckley United suddenly appeared in the Conference and after a few games they sacked their manager so I couldn't resist. I took Hinckley straight up to the premiership with this tactic as well icon_smile.gif

I have only just started playing FM HH 2007 so I will be eager to see if this tactic works any where near as well. I am struggling to find decent players though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by *JoeBob*:

Yeah I have to admit that this tactic was great for FM handheld - I started as Coventry City but after about 5 straight seasons of winning everything (never got the premiership title though), my home town Hinckley United suddenly appeared in the Conference and after a few games they sacked their manager so I couldn't resist. I took Hinckley straight up to the premiership with this tactic as well icon_smile.gif

I have only just started playing FM HH 2007 so I will be eager to see if this tactic works any where near as well. I am struggling to find decent players though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long did it take you to get to the EPL and did you ever win it. I was playng with Crawley but found it ver difficult to attract players.

this wasnt working that well for me but my middle mc was playin rubish now ive played merida in ther and hes scored at least 2 every game (and still only 16)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChangNoi:

How long did it take you to get to the EPL and did you ever win it. I was playng with Crawley but found it ver difficult to attract players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took me four straight seasons to get to the Prem with Hinckley, but in the last verison there were some real superstar players like Diego Balmar and Pablo Ore which aren't in 2007. I'm really struggling to find someone to fill that centre midfield role and this is the position which is key to this tactics success!!!

Now I set the tactic perfectly for West Ham, and I managed to win Euro CUP, FA Cup and League Cup in my first season, followed by Community Shield and Euro Super Cup at the start of the second season.

My problem is... I have never had my central midfielder score as many as everyone else. Nigel Reo-Coker scored 14 in 53 appearances last season, and 6 in 21 appearances so far this season.

What is the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Marking - Similar to NTFC, all set to man marking except goalkeeper, the middle of the 3 defenders and the middle of the 3 midfielders.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have the goalkeeper, very DC and very MC set to zonal or none then?

Looks good so far for me - 3 wins in 3 with a struggling Melilla in Spanish division two. Two 1-0 home wins, and a 6-1 away win at Real Madrid Castilla icon_smile.gif

I've had a couple of poor performances, but this is most likely due to the players being rubbish!

I have bought FMH07 for 3 wks now...

Used chelsea, bought wateva i cld, used 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2 and absolutely nothing!

i cldn't score goals at all, even though my defence is holding well. plenty of draws 0-0 and 1-1 esp! i have almost given up on the game.

now i've read the comments on this tactic and am going to try it out. hope it works and restore some of my faith in the game.

thanks jambo in adv!

• 3 weeks later...

Worked well for me with Melilla - having survived in Spanish D2 just before switching to this tactic. The next season we finished 4th, and after making some squad improvements won the league the following year.

Also managed to stay up in La Liga using it too.

One thing I've found is that the two defensive centre midfielders really struggle - frequently only picking up 5's or 6's. This could be that they are just really poor players!

Has anyone tested anything like this on the PC version? I've had a look at it, with a few tweaks with Marseille and its not bad.

Archived