Henry v RVN watch

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A-Team:

Great thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's gotta be HOF when it backfires on wicom so spectaularly... icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not happening icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HoF icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Bends:

Well this is fun.

RVN = god

TH = Choker <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you juventino in disguise?

Ruud gets a point for the goal, deducted several points for several crude dives.

and ill mannered behaviour towards the ref, shouting in his face ffs icon_rolleyes.gif

Ruud's leaving a mark on this tournament and it's not a pretty one.

hardly. i would think the dutch are favourites to go through ahead of the germans at this stage. even if the krauts get a draw against the czechs, the number of goals scored by the dutch would put them through (provided of course they beat latvia).

only a german win against the czechs will guarantee them passage, and seeing as the czechs will probably want to avoid Italy, I can't see them throwing the game.

Czechs and Dutch to progress methinks...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

only a german win against the czechs will guarantee them passage, and seeing as the czechs will probably want to avoid Italy, I can't see them throwing the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Czechs are 4 points ahead of Germany

a win is worth 3 points icon_smile.gif

keep clutching at those straws icon_biggrin.gif

Henry > RVN icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

only a german win against the czechs will guarantee them passage, and seeing as the czechs will probably want to avoid Italy, I can't see them throwing the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Czechs are 4 points ahead of Germany

a win is worth 3 points icon_smile.gif

keep clutching at those straws icon_biggrin.gif

Henry > RVN icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

d'oh... i glanced at the table and didn't realise the points gap... icon_frown.gif

meh... even if ruud only plays three games, he'll still score more goals in the tourney than henry...

RvN >>>>> Henry icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

the only thing that matters is team success, I think it's been proved that RVN can't drive a team like Henry, he's very much a passenger.

plus he missed an absolute sitter and thus should take sole responsibilty for holland going out, I suggest a loan spell back PSV as punishment icon14.gif

the only thing that matters is team success, I think it's been proved that RVN can't drive a team like Henry, he's very much a passenger.

plus he missed an absolute sitter and thus should take sole responsibilty for holland going out, I suggest a loan spell back PSV as punishment icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

well, one of the two players has been a passenger so far wic, that is for sure... icon14.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Misspelt Zidane there icon_razz.gif

wow more Henry vs RVN rubbish anyway dont people realise they are 2 completely different types of striker? Also as a Man Utd fan id have to be honest and say that all round Henry is a class above RVN but as an out and out striker RVN is above Henry so at the end the day they are both worldclass and not much to choose between them

plus he missed an absolute sitter and thus should take sole responsibilty for holland going out, I suggest a loan spell back PSV as punishment icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's a load of bollox, did you not see us play Leverkusen away last year, or even Madrid away, he kept the whole tie alive single handedly, and in the 2nd leg he pulled us back into it when the rest of the team looked beat tbh. He has often come on when we are playing crap and changed the game by his workrate and determination, not to mention his goals.

Henry, he's very much a passenger <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't argue with you there icon14.gif

That quote would look quite good as my 'from' actually icon_cool.gif

but this thread is about this tournament eric m'lad, and the facts speak for themselves in terms of relative team performances. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

silly me, if they can't do it in this tournament, they're obviously no good. icon_rolleyes.gif You said RvN couldn't drive a team because he hasn't in this tournament, well neither has Henry, his team has just done better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theis:

Ruud to trigger a rout against Latvia in the same way he did against Scotland?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets hope so, an early goal and they'll be no coming back from Latvia.

it doesn't matter what happens on the field, wicom will _NEVER_ admit that RvN has had a better tourney. so this is getting a bit pointless...

it'll still be a HoF fred though when it spectacularly backfires icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

will you ever admit that henry has had a better tourney? no. it'll be HoF if what you're saying backfires as well :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rekwob Toille:

it doesn't matter what happens on the field, wicom will _NEVER_ admit that RvN has had a better tourney. so this is getting a bit pointless...

it'll still be a HoF fred though when it spectacularly backfires icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

will you ever admit that henry has had a better tourney? no. it'll be HoF if what you're saying backfires as well :/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes we will (if he does) but it's not looking good for him, I'm sure every United fan will admit Henry had a better season last year. The fact that Wicom started this thread to show off Henry basically has backfired.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Recap:

Ruud: 2 games, 2 goals, 0 assists

Henry: 2 games, 0 goals, 1 assist

France, 1 point away from qualification

Holland, 3 points away from qualification

icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's better icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ericcantona7:

yes we will (if he does) but it's not looking good for him, I'm sure every United fan will admit Henry had a better season last year. The fact that Wicom started this thread to show off Henry basically has backfired. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no you wont icon_smile.gif

I can't see Germany getting anything from the czechs unless they relax due to having qualification secured. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> the Czech top the group, regardless what they do against Germany

so a lot of players might be rested/spared cause of possible suspensions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Recap:

that's better icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to remember that Holland have a defence that Real Madrid wouldn't be proud of, plus the fact they are in the 'group of death'. Whilst France have had to compete with England, Croatia and Switzerland. And they have struggled against England and Croatia. Struggling against Croatia is understandable but England icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theis:

Recap:

You have to remember that Holland have a defence that Real Madrid wouldn't be proud of, plus the fact they are in the 'group of death'. Whilst France have had to compete with England, Croatia and Switzerland. And they have struggled against England and Croatia. Struggling against Croatia is understandable but England icon_redface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, really... how much can you do when you have 9 players packed in the box, playing more defensive than the italians themselves!

Tbh, appart from shooting from distance, there's only so much you can do.

And whatever people will say, the result was there for France. It's all that matters; anything else is irrelevant, really.

Which has exactly how much to do with which of the two is the better player? icon_confused.gif

Face it Wicom, you should have your "94% probability of wrongness" status restored icon_razz.gif

damm czechs, COME ONE GERMANS icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Q) It's English, it supports Arsenal, and it will burn in hell icon_cool.gif

Answers on a postcard icon_razz.gif

Which has exactly how much to do with which of the two is the better player? icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henry playing badly is having a greater positive effect on France than RVN playing well is for Holland.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Face it Wicom, you should have your "94% probability of wrongness" status restored icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's gone up to 95% actually icon_cool.gif

Q) It's English, it supports Arsenal, and it will burn in hell icon_cool.gif

Answers on a postcard icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should be flattered, I want Germany to go through because I think Holland are the better side, I'd much rather play Germany in the later stages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by They call me Henry:

Recap:

You have to remember that Holland have a defence that Real Madrid wouldn't be proud of, plus the fact they are in the 'group of death'. Whilst France have had to compete with England, Croatia and Switzerland. And they have struggled against England and Croatia. Struggling against Croatia is understandable but England icon_redface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, really... how much can you do when you have 9 players packed in the box, playing more defensive than the italians themselves!

And whatever people will say, the result was there for France. It's all that matters; anything else is irrelevant, really. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was been sarcastic.

Henry playing badly is having a greater positive effect on France than RVN playing well is for Holland.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RVN playing well had f*ck all negative influence on the Dutch side's performance. It was an awful lot more down to Advoc*nt being the worst manager in history.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by They call me Henry:

Recap:

And whatever people will say, the result was there for France. It's all that matters; anything else is irrelevant, really. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't. Won't be too supprised if England lose against Croatia

Archived