• Very low demand for loans, leads to poor development issues

abcdf
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I think this is a one of the main reasons as to why we get poor player development in game. 

AI often DO NOT offer their youngsters for loan, but when they do, they encounter very little demand for them from other AI teams, often being unable to loan a single one of them. Most of them are not even "wanted" by a single team. I tried also with an enourmous amount of leagues loaded and still, most players are unable to make a move on loan. That results in them sitting in the reserves team forever and not developing to their full potential.

Honestly, I've barely ever seen a team in reality unable to loan one of their young players for a whole transfer session.

Let me know if you need screenshots/savegames or the issue is already on your records

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hi, thank you for sharing your view about the loan system in FM23.

We are happy to check if you have any examples where you believe that player should have been loaned out but didn't.

Please upload two save games (start of a transfer window and end of the transfer window) to OwnCloud and the name of players who didn't get loaned out that you think they should be.

I uploaded two savegames on Owncloud, one with the transfer market still open ("No loaning transfers open") and one with the market closed ("No loaning transfers closed")

As you can see Inter and Atalanta (just picked two random teams, the problem is so widespread...) have XXL first teams because they failed to loan many 19-20-21-22 year old which are clearly inadequate to play in their 1st team but would be good players (and most importantly, could get the development they need) in lower leagues or in weaker Serie A sides, instead of being left to rust on the side.

They tried to offer those players for loan, but encountered very little to no interest. I assume that the fact that the team loaning the player almost always want the wages to be payed by the other team does not help in this regard. But whatever the reason this is clearly a bug, together with the fact that often youngsters are not even OFFERED for loan by the AI, and probably a game breaking one, responsible for teams being filled with old players progressing in the game.

I hope this loan madness is going to get fixed in the next updates because it has really put me off from playing the game so far just because how bad AI prospects' management is.

Let me know if you need more info or data on the matter.

Inter 1st team before.PNG

Inter 1st team after.PNG

Atalanta 1st team before.PNG

Atalanta 1st team after.PNG

Edited by abcdf

Will this issue be fixed in the winter update or something? Was trying to play in Germany, and the teams that do not have reserve teams hold up to 45 players cause there's zero demand for loans. Struggling very hard to find a playable league in this FM23 :(

Edited by m.braathen

Yes it would be nice to have some updates on the matter. I find the game unplayable at the moment because of all this issues surrounding youth development

• Administrators

Hi apologise for the lack of updates - our team would love to get more examples. Do you have another save game where it shows clearly that a team cannot loan their players out, please?

I'm having the same problem, with the same players not being loaned out. This happens every game ...

it's a problem that happens to all the teams managed by the AI, and not just Inter and Atalanta

the devs just need to try running fm 23 to see this problem.

I uploaded 2 files " NO LOAN TRANSFER JULY" and " NO LOAN TRANSFER SEPTEMBER".

I don't think it will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by eddo7

Il 2/2/2023 in 10:09 , Jimmy Wong ha scritto:

Hi apologise for the lack of updates - our team would love to get more examples. Do you have another save game where it shows clearly that a team cannot loan their players out, please?

I actually get a bit worried when I read this kind of stuff. 
    Seriously, you have not been noticing that EVERY team in the game has either XL first teams or B teams full of rotting prospects? 
    Like, seriously? You need specific examples from us like this happens only in some isolated instance?

That this is one of the main reasons why teams are full of 30 something yrs old after some years?

I mean, I played for like 10 hours and it seems like I understand this game’s flaws better than the people actually MADE the game

It is just disappointment after disappointment SI, let me tell you that

10 minuti fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Yes @abcdfthere will be improvements with the new update. Please feel free to come back with your findings once you tested. :) 

Thank you, can we expect some improvements also regarding team selection (AI picking youngsters more often in their starting eleven)? Because in the notes it's only mentioned regarding national teams.

I come back to post some findings after the update. The situation has improved, but not enough for it to be realistic still. Many clubs still have XL first teams or 2nd teams because they were unable loan most of their young players (nobody made any offers for them) despite being available for loan. I attach some screenshots after the summer transfer market 2023.

unable to loan.PNG

unable to loan 2.PNG

unable to loan 3.PNG

unable to loan 4.PNG

Edited by abcdf

Been posting about this for years, including with this game. There's something very broken when offering a talented player that could walk into other sides for a free loan gets 0 bites.

I uploaded the savegame from the screenshots above on the ownCloud service in case SI staff needs it

It's called "No loaning".

So is there this same issue with previous FM’s? I’ve not got past 5/6 seasons for years now, but was aiming to do a long term save with FM23 now the transfer update has been done and I have a little more time.