• cinch Premiership Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the cinch Premiership.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Abada is rated worse then kent,

Yet irl he has scored more and assisted half the amount kent has BUT Abada only has played half the minutes kent has. Abada is also really fast irl, and very good at getting into goalscoring positions as you will see from his goals per minutes for a wide man. He also has never played on the left for Celtic yet his traits says he cuts in from both wings? He should have a trait for attacking the back post if that trait exists, scores loads doing that.

18 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Reo Hatate only has 12 for Tech? He prob has the best Tech in the league.  A real techinican.

Players in Scotland in FM with higher tech than Hatate,

Clarkson at aberdeen as 14? I know this may be due to the england updater, but he is nowhere near Hatate in terms of tech ability.

Tilman tech 16,

Sakala - tech 13, anybody who has seen him play will tell you that tech is not his strongest point,  may be his worst. fast, yes,  unpredictable - certainly but not tech gifted.

Levitt - tech 15? a decent young player at dun utd, nowhere near the tech level of Hatate.

Ryan Jack - tech 14? A hard working tenacious player but not noted at all for his tech.

Peter Haring - tech 12, Haring is renowned as a physical type player for Hearts, yet he has the same tech as the player who is the main man in the champions midfield?

none of this is a criticism and i would love to help or be involved in any discussion about attrinbutes etc in the future. I see a lot of Scottish Football as im a ST holder at Celtic park, i am being impartial here and if anybody thinks any of the players mentioned are better tech than Hatate im willing to listen. Thank you.

Mitchell Robertson is 17 and plays for Celtic B in real life. He is also listed as part of the Champions League squad with UEFA. His number is 93.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/players/250169812--mitchell-robertson/

I think before Scott Robertson left, many thought when they saw Robertson listed in the Celtic B squad, it was Scott, when in fact it was Mitchell. Given his age, is he likely to be included in the Winter update?

EDIT - Ignore, he is in the game, my mistake

Edited by joe5p

Rangers have apparently signed talented youngster Thompson Ishaka. He's 18 so should be included into the winter updated database:

Also, young Bailey Rice is now 16 and got a start for the Rangers first team a few days ago. I hope he will be included in the winter update:

On 29/01/2023 at 16:50, bigbeezer said:

Also, Hatate is very adept with both feet. FM says right foot only.

If there is a player with better teamwork or work rate in football i have yet to see him, Maeda is incredible. has to be the hardest worker in football. Defiantly in Scotland that is for sure. Hatates pass for kyogos second yeterday was terrific as well, most players would have hit the shot but he had a quick glance accross goal and squared it for a tap in, he really is a specal player who makes Celtic tick.  Johnston as well at right back is looking like some player,  has replaced Juranovic and looks better. CCV and Starfelt still unbeaten in any game they have started together, that stat alone is incredible.

A few squad status changes for Celtic,

Carl Strafelt should go from squad player to REGULAR starter. [he and ccv have never lost a game when they have both started together]

Greg Taylor should go from squad player to REGULAR starter i would bump him up a bit as well as he has been tremendous this season.

Reo Hatate should go from squad player to IMPORTANT player, needs a big increase, a top, top talent. Wonderful football player.

Abada should not be a regular starter - Squad player

The starting line up most used by Ange would be

hart

Johnston ccv starfelt taylor

mooy mcgregor hatate

maeda kyogo jota

Just noticed some positions that may need removed,

Kyogo hasnt played on the left of mid for Celtic, he has always played as a central striker, not sure why he has att mid left as one of his positions.

Taylor and Johnston should both have decent ratings for inverted full backs as thats how they play for Celtic each week, ralston as well as he has played it a lot.

Hello again,

Reo really should have the highest CA/PA in scotland, the guy is a genius. Two footed, tech is off the scale, vision is tremndous as well. First touch is unreal. Enjoy him whilst he is here. He is the beating heart of the champions.

How do we know if our suggestions or comments are being take on board or noticed? doesnt seem a lot of feedback from updaters?  cheers

Hi @bigbeezer

Apologies for not being very active on this forum recently; I note that you've made a few comments and suggestions.

To your most recent one, Goodwin only just happened as you'll know and the update that was released today - as you may expect - been taken from a cut-off point from a little bit ago. So no, that one won't be in the new update. 

I can see that you've made some useful observations on Celtic, including a passionate support of Rio Hatate. I'll pass this info on to the Celtic researcher who I know does a tremendous job. Sometimes there can be differences of opinion on how one player should rate against another, and your points about the technique attribute are fair and will be considered for future updates.

20 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

Hi @bigbeezer

Apologies for not being very active on this forum recently; I note that you've made a few comments and suggestions.

To your most recent one, Goodwin only just happened as you'll know and the update that was released today - as you may expect - been taken from a cut-off point from a little bit ago. So no, that one won't be in the new update. 

I can see that you've made some useful observations on Celtic, including a passionate support of Rio Hatate. I'll pass this info on to the Celtic researcher who I know does a tremendous job. Sometimes there can be differences of opinion on how one player should rate against another, and your points about the technique attribute are fair and will be considered for future updates.

Hello,

Thank you for replying,

Re - Goodwin - Sorry  i never knew the update was today.

Thats good that feedback is being taken into account,

can you tell me if things like squad status can be changed by updaters?  im very happy to help out as honestly as i can with Scotland.

I was an updater for 01/02 for god knows how many years as we kept that game alive, even made the hall of fame on out site lol

So the more info i can have on what you can actually change and how things work re updating would be beneficial.

Ive tried to get into FM a few times but never really got the bug, i think now this could be the time tho.

Thanks again

Beezer

Regarding Hatate,

He really is a cut above mate,

A supremely gifted player who makes football look easy as the best often do. Highly Technical and i would go as far as saying he is the best Celtic midfielder i have seen since Paul McStay [ and that is some accolade ]

Whats the best way to try to make a point when comparing one player v another?

do you need to provide videos of both? Stats are good but also can be misleading.  Just trying to find out how you work.

Cheers

I sometimes think that the "Scottish researchers" get their information from The Daily Record.

Anyone who has watched Ryan Kent and Liel Abada knows who the better footballer is, although some might not want to acknowledge the fact. I have never seen, and doubt I will ever see, a more hyped player than Kent for the rest of my life. 

He's out of contract in three months. Know who wanted him? Burnley. He's not rated south of the border where even mediocre players are paid fortunes. So I am consistently baffled as to how highly he's rated by certain people. Blind people maybe.