• Eredivisie Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the Eredivisie.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff
    5 minutes ago, Hanz said:

Thank you! I think Baas is typical a player who is always underestimated. He won clearly the contest with Salah-Eddine by Ajax last and this season. But its your call :)

4 additions.
    1 Sugawara is ingame injured for 3 a 4 months but date of return is 1/9/22
    2 Missing injury of Karlsson who date of return is 1/10/22 https://www.espn.nl/voetbal/artikel/_/id/10961477/karlsson-hervat-training-bij-az Can you add then
    3. Injury Maxim Gulllit ACL https://cambuur.nl/nieuws/maxim-gullit-voor-langere-tijd-uitgeschakeld/ Out unitl 1/2/23

4. You have Kieftenbelft injured (but i thought date was 1/7/22?) If you add him you can also add Hardeveld. Same injury as Kieftenbelt
      https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2095954977/drama-voor-fc-emmen-verdediger-jeff-hardeveld-weer-zware-kruisbandblessure

In my games is Fedde de Jong always a starter with AZ with intrest from Spurs and Arsenal. I think this a little bit too much

Well, let me rephrase it - or we could make a Van der Vaart about Maguire type meme.
    I don't think Baas is good enough for Ajax 1. Yeah, he's played a few times, surprisingly. But he's not a bad player of course and he has decent potential. He'd be a good player for eg. FC Groningen.  (And I do have a few assistant researchers who also monitor Ajax closely)

The rest has been amended.

Hmm, that's a curious one for Fedde de Jong. He's a good talented youngster. But he's definitely not spectacular. His ceiling is maybe an occasional Dutch international, if he's lucky.

• SI Staff
    26 minutes ago, FelixForte said:

Thank you. Good to hear you're still looking into this. I just think Kokcu's profile in particular could use some tweaking. In particular:

• As you're aware, Kokcu is listed as a squad player. Last season he has played a total of 4265 minutes for Feyenoord (equivalent to 47.4 matches of 90 minutes). I think this points to at least regular starter, if not important player.
    • Kokcu has one of the lowest wages on the Feyenoord team (approximately 350k per year). I don't think it is in line with expectations that he would earn 50% less than Marcos Lopez or that Paixao would earn more than twice as much.
    • I have not checked CA because I'm enjoying playing with Feyenoord now and Kokcu is indeed already a good player, but if he is indeed the 7th best player on the Feyenoord team that could either mean that other players are rated too highly or Kokcu not high enough.

Well, Paixao and Lopez are on Non-EU wages - so they kind of fall outside of the bracket. Or at least they're a difficult example to compare to. I'm not sure Orkun signed a much bigger deal when his contract was extended in June 2020?

He's a clear starting player. Look at his position. There are no challengers to him. Except Szymanski. So if you play 2-3 central midfielders he's always going to play - even at his beta rating. Of course Timber, Buillaude are good alternatives too. 

This is a case of... Kokcu is a good player. I like him. But really, he's not fantastic. And he's got plenty of potential. He'd be a clear Dutch or Turkish international. Although he already has 16 caps of course. I would say, imagine him going to Arsenal. They've scouted him obviously and have their doubts. So do I. I think he will cut it - because the Premier League really isn't that special and he's got enough base qualities, but - will he immediately be a starting player? I have my reservations, in 1-2 seasons time? Yeah, he'll be there.

I do not agree with you on the Kokcu part of your story. He is easily one of the best midfielders in the league currently. If it helps I could provide prove of other people telling the same story and provide you ratings from sites. But I am not going to spend time searching those if it would not help anything.

The second part is the currently unrealistic gap between the salary house of PSV and Feyenoord. According to the annual report of Feyenoord and PSV, Feyenoord spent approximately 48.2 million euros on wages. PSV spent approximately 55 million euros on wages. This means that PSV has spent 14% more on wages than Feyenoord did. In FM, however, Feyenoord has a salary budget of 15.3 million euros and PSV has a salary budget of 30 million euros. In FM, PSV spends double the amount of Feyenoord on wages, which is completely unrealistic. Ajax spends 108 million euros on wages in real and 64 million in game. This means that the difference between PSV and Ajax is correct, but again, that the salary budget of Feyenoord is hugely underestimated. In my opinion, changing the salary budget of Feyenoord to around 26 million euros in game would be appropriate.

• SI Staff
    3 minutes ago, LZmaster said:

I do not agree with you on the Kokcu part of your story. He is easily one of the best midfielders in the league currently. If it helps I could provide prove of other people telling the same story and provide you ratings from sites. But I am not going to spend time searching those if it would not help anything.

The second part is the currently unrealistic gap between the salary house of PSV and Feyenoord. According to the annual report of Feyenoord and PSV, Feyenoord spent approximately 48.2 million euros on wages. PSV spent approximately 55 million euros on wages. This means that PSV has spent 14% more on wages than Feyenoord did. In FM, however, Feyenoord has a salary budget of 15.3 million euros and PSV has a salary budget of 30 million euros. In FM, PSV spends double the amount of Feyenoord on wages, which is completely unrealistic. Ajax spends 108 million euros on wages in real and 64 million in game. This means that the difference between PSV and Ajax is correct, but again, that the salary budget of Feyenoord is hugely underestimated. In my opinion, changing the salary budget of Feyenoord to around 26 million euros in game would be appropriate.

Kokcu will slightly increase for the full game, but I guess I won't make you happy no - but I guess he's already one of the best midfielders in the league anyway already. :confused:

It does feel like there is a large gap towards PSV - who have been able to sign a few players earning well over 1 million. I don't really see Feyenoord doing that, although maybe generally they pay their players a little bit more than currently set. I suppose guys like Bijlow, Kokcu etc could earn - let's say 500-600000 instead of 400000.  (rounding the numbers up a little).  Someone like Timber and a few more of the recent signings are on 500000-550000 or so.

1 hour ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Well, Paixao and Lopez are on Non-EU wages - so they kind of fall outside of the bracket. Or at least they're a difficult example to compare to. I'm not sure Orkun signed a much bigger deal when his contract was extended in June 2020?

He's a clear starting player. Look at his position. There are no challengers to him. Except Szymanski. So if you play 2-3 central midfielders he's always going to play - even at his beta rating. Of course Timber, Buillaude are good alternatives too. 

This is a case of... Kokcu is a good player. I like him. But really, he's not fantastic. And he's got plenty of potential. He'd be a clear Dutch or Turkish international. Although he already has 16 caps of course. I would say, imagine him going to Arsenal. They've scouted him obviously and have their doubts. So do I. I think he will cut it - because the Premier League really isn't that special and he's got enough base qualities, but - will he immediately be a starting player? I have my reservations, in 1-2 seasons time? Yeah, he'll be there.

I actually agree with you on this. As I said, I haven't seen his CA but if he's one of the best midfielders in the league and has the potential to become an Arsenal starter in 2 years, that seems reasonable. Especially if he gets a further upgrade for the full game

27 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Kokcu will slightly increase for the full game, but I guess I won't make you happy no - but I guess he's already one of the best midfielders in the league anyway already. :confused:

It does feel like there is a large gap towards PSV - who have been able to sign a few players earning well over 1 million. I don't really see Feyenoord doing that, although maybe generally they pay their players a little bit more than currently set. I suppose guys like Bijlow, Kokcu etc could earn - let's say 500-600000 instead of 400000.  (rounding the numbers up a little).  Someone like Timber and a few more of the recent signings are on 500000-550000 or so.

I think indeed players like Bijlow, Geertruida and Kokcu make much much more than 400k. I think Slot has said in his press conferences last year that, rather than bringing in new players, Feyenoord invested in giving youngsters new contracts. The rumours are that Feyenoord offered Geertruida 900k, which Geertruida rejected, although ultimately they did find agreement on a new contract. I think it's a safe bet to say that all three of them make more than 700k.

Of course i understand that this is not very tangible evidence and I do not have the exact numbers, but the point I'm making is that the order of magnitude seems to be off.

Source on the Geertruida rumour is FeyenoordTM, although the agent denied it. https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=391791

Edited by FelixForte

1 hour ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

I do agree that PSV has some high earners in their squad, but again, I could link you the annual reports of the clubs and those numbers do not lie. The gap between the two clubs is not that big. Hell, Voetbal International posted the budgets of the clubs and in that overview the gap was only 5 million euros. And you say Feyenoord does not pay players over 1 million even though it is known that Berghuis earned over two million euros a year at the club in the past. The salary gap between Feyenoord and PSV is minimal and that should be represented in the game.

I get that FM does not have the most realistic financial systems and that thus the salaries are a bit scaled down, but keep the ratio of the clubs the same. So if PSV has a salary budget of 30 million a year, give Feyenoord 84% of that. There is factual proof that this is the case. 

Edited by LZmaster

• SI Staff
    7 minutes ago, LZmaster said:

I do agree that PSV has some high earners in their squad, but again, I could link you the annual reports of the clubs and those numbers do not lie. The gap between the two clubs is not that big. Hell, Voetbal International posted the budgets of the clubs and in that overview the gap was only 5 million euros. And you say Feyenoord does not pay players over 1 million even though it is known that Berghuis earned over two million euros a year at the club in the past. The salary gap between Feyenoord and PSV is minimal and that should be represented in the game.

I get that FM does not have the most realistic financial systems and that thus the salaries are a bit scaled down, but keep the ratio of the clubs the same. So if PSV has a salary budget of 30 million a year, give Feyenoord 84% of that. There is factual proof that this is the case. 

I will look to tweak a little bit, but just to get something straight - begroting is not just the player wages - it's to do with a lot more. But yeah - our system is not perfect, and you sometimes need a bookkeeping or financial degree to figure out all the terms

8 hours ago, FelixForte said:

Small point - the transfer window currently ends on 1 September in the Eredivisie. If i recall correctly, this was 31 August in reality

In my game it ended on the 31st...... With English teams trying to buy some players off me the day after.  Meanwhile ive done some testing, and England is the only European league it seems that always ends on 1st of Sept (also in future seasons). Did that testing and posted it already in the league issues forums, the thread is now in the English League issues forum due to the English date being the outlier). Tbh it should be 31st of August for almost every league in future seasons... But yea should hopefully be looked at. It would be annoying if everyone ended on the 1st and that NL due to this year's FA error will constantly be 1 day earlier, luckily almost all those other leagues have the 31st set (while it was 1st this year, which was an anomaly i think).

Here's the dates NL has in my game (same for 2nd season):

dutchdata.png

Edited by T-IceMan

Vitesse goalkeeper Schubert starts the season with a knee injury .

Yesterday (22/10) was his first time back on the bench.

Could you have a look at some unemployed Dutch staff., below are my suggestions, more based on feeling then real facts.

Below guys seem to be more on TV then have a job in Football?

Wim Kieft, 
    Ruud Gullit
    Marco van Basten 
    Andy van der Meyde (although he is young enough to still go to a club)
    Marciano Vink
    Pierre van Hooijdonk
    Ronald Waterreus

Can we consider below guys as retired given they have not worked in football for many years
    Ronald Spelbos
    Willy Brokamp
    Huub Stevens (or is he in the board of Schalke?) 
    Frans Thijssen

Snijder is a manager in game but given his " interviews" seems he sees himself more as a technical director.

Zakaria Bakkali has in game a salary of 1.200.000 at RKC, seems high.
    With that said, Burak Yilmaz  "only" gets 250.000 at Fortuna Sittard, don't know what he gets, but it seems a bit low for such a star who made 3.000.0000 at his previous club.

Edited by Dropveter

I don't know if this is the right place, but I want to point out that Utrecht's young player Rocco Robert Shein has no connection with Latvia, he is 100% Estonian. Currently, the game shows his nationality as Latvian.

shein.png

Edited by DainotseK

• SI Staff
    1 minute ago, DainotseK said:

I don't know if this is the right place, but I want to point out that Utrecht's young player Rocco Robert Shein has no connection with Latvia, he is 100% Estonian. Currently, the game shows his nationality as Latvian.

Yes right place. But fixed already - we have his information correct but unfortunately he was credited a Latvia NT appearance instead of Estonia...   but we have corrected this mistake for the full release.

Number 12 isn't automatically dedicated to the fans of PSV, as it was in previous years of FM as well. It's currently possible for a PSV player to get number 12.

• SI Staff
    1 minute ago, SkyNoudyo said:

Number 12 isn't automatically dedicated to the fans of PSV, as it was in previous years of FM as well. It's currently possible for a PSV player to get number 12.

Will be fixed with the full release - there's a global bug in the beta re: retired shirt numbers.

• SI Staff
    5 hours ago, Dropveter said:

Vitesse goalkeeper Schubert starts the season with a knee injury .

Yesterday (22/10) was his first time back on the bench.

Could you have a look at some unemployed Dutch staff., below are my suggestions, more based on feeling then real facts.

Below guys seem to be more on TV then have a job in Football?

Wim Kieft, 
    Ruud Gullit
    Marco van Basten 
    Andy van der Meyde (although he is young enough to still go to a club)
    Marciano Vink
    Pierre van Hooijdonk
    Ronald Waterreus

Can we consider below guys as retired given they have not worked in football for many years
    Ronald Spelbos
    Willy Brokamp
    Huub Stevens (or is he in the board of Schalke?) 
    Frans Thijssen

Snijder is a manager in game but given his " interviews" seems he sees himself more as a technical director.

Zakaria Bakkali has in game a salary of 1.200.000 at RKC, seems high.
    With that said, Burak Yilmaz  "only" gets 250.000 at Fortuna Sittard, don't know what he gets, but it seems a bit low for such a star who made 3.000.0000 at his previous club.

Good suggestions, thanks - made a bunch of adjustments. Burak, I'll give him 500.000. I can't imagine Fortuna paying more. Maybe some more via investors, but I don't want to destroy their budget too much.

Xavi Simons has been playing the forward position a lot this season,and he did not play DM position for a long time,I think maybe no DM position and  forward position+12?183055996_2022-10-2408_59_37.jpg.12608a84a914c6350f5a9bd711c50a9a.jpg

Edited by fzjjjjw

• SI Staff
    5 hours ago, fzjjjjw said:

Xavi Simons has been playing the forward position a lot this season,and he did not play DM position for a long time,I think maybe no DM position and  forward position+12?183055996_2022-10-2408_59_37.jpg.12608a84a914c6350f5a9bd711c50a9a.jpg

Hi,

He's a versatile and creative central midfielder, and only played forward because of injuries. He's not a forward. He also was positioned on the right on bit, also due to injuries. That doesn't mean he should have a high rating though. I do believe he played more as a DMC abroad, although he's definitely more an 8/10. You do see him occasionally perform defensive tasks reasonably well.

He's obviously not entirely bad there (as forward), and the values of his attributes should make him possibly not be terrible - but it's not where he should be playing consistently.

Guus Til is also not a striker/forward by the way.

一小时前, Jeroen Thijssen说:

Hi,

He's a versatile and creative central midfielder, and only played forward because of injuries. He's not a forward. He also was positioned on the right on bit, also due to injuries. That doesn't mean he should have a high rating though. I do believe he played more as a DMC abroad, although he's definitely more an 8/10. You do see him occasionally perform defensive tasks reasonably well.

He's obviously not entirely bad there (as forward), and the values of his attributes should make him possibly not be terrible - but it's not where he should be playing consistently.

Guus Til is also not a striker/forward by the way.

OK,thanks,Great job BTW.

A few Feyenoord issues/suggestions that I found.

• SI Staff
    23 minutes ago, ralxndr42 said:

A few Feyenoord issues/suggestions that I found.

Dermane - no, it's not. Linguistic experts indicate it's Karim Dermane. Or well, it's rather unclear to be honest - I think I will need to see his passport. Our Togolese researcher insists his surname can't be Karim. Although I think there was once a Karim already, but he was Swedish.
    Lion CIty, will have to come later.

All the rest has been checked and has been done. I'm not sure about De Geus, so I will keep him there.

Rest amended.

Lines are now closed! :)

I think Van Ginkel is overrated. Van Ginkel is not the player he used to be because of those injuries he's had, especially on the physical level. I also think Guti is a little underrated, as PSV's results improve (read: they stop being flip-floppy) when he's on the pitch. Same happened last season.

Ihattaren has a Balanced personality, he should have a less professional personality as continuously eating fastfood, not showing up to individual training, taking months to be match fit and hanging out with the wrong crowd doesn't sound like a balanced personality to me. But that might have been done because of licensing issues, however.

The Top Goalscorer Award should be named the Willy van der Kuijlen-trofee, like it was in FM21.

Toon Gerbrands is actually not a director at NAC, just an (external) advisor who doesn't have an official job.

Van Nistelrooy's milestone page says he became PSV manager in 2021, but this should be 2022.

• SI Staff
    3 hours ago, Zek said:

I think Van Ginkel is overrated. Van Ginkel is not the player he used to be because of those injuries he's had, especially on the physical level. I also think Guti is a little underrated, as PSV's results improve (read: they stop being flip-floppy) when he's on the pitch. Same happened last season.

Ihattaren has a Balanced personality, he should have a less professional personality as continuously eating fastfood, not showing up to individual training, taking months to be match fit and hanging out with the wrong crowd doesn't sound like a balanced personality to me. But that might have been done because of licensing issues, however.

The Top Goalscorer Award should be named the Willy van der Kuijlen-trofee, like it was in FM21.

Toon Gerbrands is actually not a director at NAC, just an (external) advisor who doesn't have an official job.

Van Nistelrooy's milestone page says he became PSV manager in 2021, but this should be 2022.

- Van Ginkel; I actually gave him a very slight drop since the beta (on 20/10) - nothing heavy, but just a very slow small decline. You might not be overly impressed, but eg. his agility is down.

- Ihattaren, we don't really generally literally set the kind of personality. I took it easy on him I think. Although he does have very low adaptability. determination, pressure and professionalism. I'm not 100% convinced his career is done. (although well...) So I cut him some slack.

We did hopefully fix the history line for RvN - but not sure what causes this exactly.

We can't set "external advisor" - so opted for director, the alternative is nothing at all

The Top Goalscorer Award is indeed correctly named the Willey van der Kuijlen-trofee - as you can slightly see here:

image.png.fa750949caade0fd61415641e93fc590.png

Hey there! As a Go Ahead Eagles fan I’ve got some things I’d like to point out:

• Jeffrey de Lange is currently Go Ahead’s first choice GK and doing a great job IRL. Right now in the game, he is the third best. Jansen is fourth and Groenendijk is fifth, if you wanna go that far.
    • Jay Idzes should really just be a CB who can also play in midfield, right now he's natural in both. Both this and last season he’s only played CB. I’d say CB 20 DM 17 CM 12. Also, his stats should reflect this: both his heading and jumping reach should be higher, he’s 1.90m and only has 8 JR in my save :p I’d say 11 and 14 respectively.

• Willum Willumsson (love that name) mostly plays as a RM/RW.

• Mats Deijl is useful, but right now he’s 3.5* CA in my save which seems a bit high. He should also be competent as a RM and RW as last season he played 12 games as a RM/RW.

• Isac Lidberg is a useful striker when chasing the ball or holding up play as a targetman but he’s terrible in front of goal (9 goals out of 48 games for GAE, all as striker). 12 finishing and heading and 11 composure seems generous, whilst his teamwork is pretty low at 11. Also I’d say his decisions, bravery, vision and passing could be higher. I think he would be a great all-round striker if only he could score goals :p 

• Justin Bakker is by far GAE’s worst CB. Right now he’s still 3* CA at my save and has 15 passing and 14 vision for example, no idea where that came from. Bro thinks he's Kevin de Bruyne :)

• Aventis Aventisian could be a little better. He’s second choice LB behind team captain Kuipers (his f-ing luck lol). But 1.5* CA is really harsh given that right now there’s 17 y/o youthplayers that are better than him (note I can't actually look into his CA without the editor so maybe this is just my assman's terrible interpretation, which btw goes for all player CA's).

• Two players are missing: Cas Radstake (De Graafschap) and Jesper Kok (WSV)

• Some missing/wrong kit numbers:

• José Fontán - 4

• Martijn Berden - 17

• Federico Mattiello - 33

• Random smaller things:

• Oliver Valaker Edvardsen -> Oliver Edvardsen (Valaker should just be his second name)

• Tino Dimitrijevic -> Dimitrijević

• Ibrahima Kouyate -> Kouyaté

• Donte Apinsa -> Donté Apinsa, Suriname as second nationality

• Emre Öztas -> Turkey second nationality

And more of a general thing, but not all wingers can play as RM/LM as well as RW/LW, whilst GAE are currently playing a 4-4-2 IRL (Adekanye and Markelo for example)

Thanks for your time!