• Rule Group has empty discipline rules

Azubiyo
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello folks, I always get this warning "Rule Group has empty discipline...." on the loading screen in the game. The warning window comes up twice and then the loading process crashes and I'm out. I select my editor record in "Career Game Settings" and then go to advanced database options. There I make my choice and then I go to Start Game. 30 seconds later the warning windows come up. Regardless of whether I create a version with basic rules or with advanced rules in the Fm23 editor, it doesn't work. In previous FM I never had such problems. I can't find any errors in my self-created editor database and so far I haven't found a solution in this forum. Is the error here in my editor database, or is it a general error that is still being fixed?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Il 31/3/2023 in 22:06 , Mabron ha scritto:

Still not fixed after 23.4... Please fix this SI

It's honestly embarassing, there are bugs that have been reported YEARS ago and still not fixed. I'm also affected by this issue.

Any fix for this then or what? the game IS broken and unplayable right now because of it! This is ridiculous, it was fine before the last update. 

Edited by DarkXess

• SI Staff

Hi everyone, 

We're still looking into this issue, could we please get some additional editor files to look at, to help us with the investigation, thank you.

On 20/04/2023 at 11:06, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi everyone, 

We're still looking into this issue, could we please get some additional editor files to look at, to help us with the investigation, thank you.

I've uploaded the editor file as LW1 and also a saved game titled Albania. It always crashes on the 12th Jan if I use this DB

Il 20/4/2023 in 12:06 , Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hi everyone, 

I can't provide a file as usual due to the cloud bug i'm suffering but it's pretty easy to replicate. Try starting building a new database and edit in any way a reserve team (and for some reasons also a few second teams like psg second team) and you will get the error 100% without fail.

Uploaded editor data for Bosnia & Herzegovina league (BHv1.0.fmf).

Tried to upload save game (BiH update.fm) too but got an error while uploading so I don't know if that got through.

Some of the users on this forum speculated that the error has something to do with deleting existing Reserve teams but in my update I have not added or deleted any Reserve team. The add-on works fine with basic rules. But after that I converted the file to Advanced to make some additional rules (not related to discipline rules) and then the error appears. Even tried to not change anything after converting to Advanced but the error is still there.

Maybe i got the issue triggering the bug. I'm working on an european super league database and it kept happening.

Then i started testing after checking each team (which is long and boring, but what can you do...) and i've noticed that certain reserve teams are the issue. In particular editing anything related to the 2nd teams of french teams like psg, marseille and basically every other french team WILL trigger the rule group bug. Same issue with austrian and greek teams. Not tested every nation since it's extremely slow having to test basically every time i edit a team but there are probably other nations affected as well. Same for reserve teams in general, even if unused.

England, Spain, Germany among other nations can be edited freely and won't trigger the bug from my experience.

i edited the world super league brought in fave USA teams Tampa Bay Rowdies and New York Cosmos as well as others the edit worked fine ,as soon as i tried to add a tier 11 got the discipline rules crash ,made sure they all had reserve teams also.

just tested my theory that it would crash on January 1st, so ran it up to December 31 and continued to January 1st and yes it crashed.

hope this helps towards a solution.

I am creating a World League, and got the errors.
    I am now testing by adding division by division, and on my 2nd division, the Brazilian teams with u20 teams competing in the Brazilian u20 National championship are causing the issue.

Taking them out of the u20 league didn't help, I am going to try and remove the u20 teams entirely and see if it works.

But it is very annoying, I've been creating a World League almost every year since 2011, and the last 2-3 FMs are starting to give me trouble, not allowing advanced rules because of a conflict with a random youth cup in Italy, and now this annoying issue.

EDIT: seems like removing the u20 teams didn't work.

EDIT 2: I deleted the Brazilian u-20 championship, and it doesn't give me the error now.

Gonna test it with my full database, see how it goes.

Still not sure if the Brazilian teams are the only ones causing problems.

EDIT 3: causes problems, this is just annoying, really...
    It's really gonna force me to redo everything and test step by step :seagull:

EDIT 4: so far, I've had issues with Brazil, and now Peru teams and their reserves.
    Moving very slowly, division 4 out of 20 is still not completed.
    But it will probably speed up the process a bit when I realize all the problem nations in my editor DB.

EDIT 5: I think Norwegian teams with II and III teams are an issue too.

EDIT 6: now in Division 7, 2nd division Chinese clubs trigger the error.

EDIT 7: still in division 7, fixing the Chinese problem was...a problem.
    Now it's the Finnish teams and their 2nd teams youth teams.
    What the hell happened in this FM?
    This is hell, but I am determined and bored, so I will get my 20 divisions of craziness.

EDIT 8: Now it's Iceland.
    I have a theory. In previous FMs, when you moved a team from playable league, the game wouldn't let you chose that league to start the game. Didn't matter if you took 1 team, or all, it would show as "needs x teams" and you couldn't pick it as a playable league.
    Now I've noticed that I've taken literally dozens of teams from France, across all divisions (Ligue 1 has no teams any more), and it is still playable.
    Same with Finland and Iceland and all the other above.
    I take teams, but it is still theoretically playable, but now it's missing some teams in divisions that are probably hard coded, and thus gives errors because it can't fully create the league system, even if you don't select that league as playable when you start.

@Abdullah Patel sorry for the mention, but could this partially be the culprit?

EDIT 9: another thing I noticed is that some teams in certain nations (Mostly South America, Mexico, and Scandinavia) when a team as a "Next division" it sometimes also causes issues.

Edited by rcoelho14

Every time I open the last two saves that I creates, it appears this message, and then I can't pass more then 3 times the day that the game crash, and it crashes always in the same date: 1st january of 2023image.thumb.png.fe487bc9a45c1313ff890929e5808345.png

On 11/11/2023 at 10:05, qwerty22 said:

Any update on this issue?

Well I have had the issue with the error warning but the save seems fine. (holidayed 2 years without issue). Came here to see if there was a fix but obviously not

18 hours ago, pauldadams1984 said:

Well I have had the issue with the error warning but the save seems fine. (holidayed 2 years without issue). Came here to see if there was a fix but obviously not

This game is abandoned by developers it seems lol

MRC

Posted (edited)

Am 14.12.2023 um 21:35 schrieb qwerty22:

This game is abandoned by developers it seems lol

Not the game, but the editor certainly feels like they care less and less about with each year.

Which is a shame, because at least to me, FM has two MAJOR appeals. One is an ultrarealistic base for simulations and saves, and the other is the magnificent projects the userbase comes up with in the editor. The latter is to be even more appreciated when even very simple edited databases like mine come up with tedious issues after most updates.

As for this error in particular, it seems inevitable that it would come up after major updates that do for example add clubs - but luckily it's an error we can also resolve decently well if it's just because of reserve teams in wrong nations/divisions like it's the case for me.

Edited by MRC