• TV Revenue Premier League after Promotion

Pierreev
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I have just been promoted to the premier league with Portsmouth and have noticed that I am only making 1.1m-1.4m per month of tv revenue. Checked the other 'lower' clubs in case it was a scale thing, and they are all making 8+ million per month. 

Could just be a new scaling feature but is definitely different to previous version. 

FM.JPG

FM1.JPG

FM2.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've had the same issue with Pompey following promotion to the Premier leauge. Had a message preseason about TV revenue for the season saying it would be around 30k, its now mid Aug and only have 2K fromTV revenue.

Save game uploaded ~ Pompey - No TV Revenue.fm

This is mine. I was lucky with tycoon takeover.

Uploaded files Portsmouth TV money problem.fm

1.png

2.png

Edited by vale9
    new pics

I did some tests and I found the problem in the editor.

I removed individual TV deal from the editor and Portsmouth received 93.28m for Premier league TV rights like any other team. It used to get 28.99K before i did that. From what teams I checked it seems that no other team had this individual TV deal.

1.png

3.png

2.png

4 hours ago, vale9 said:

I did some tests and I found the problem in the editor.

I removed individual TV deal from the editor and Portsmouth received 93.28m for Premier league TV rights like any other team. It used to get 28.99K before i did that. From what teams I checked it seems that no other team had this individual TV deal.

1.png

3.png

2.png

How do you edit the actual current save file in the editor?

I started two test saves . one with the change in the editor(with individual TV deal removed) and one with normal database (without removing individual TV deal) to see if there is a difference.

For simulation I used the editor to put Portsmouth in the Premier League and I added a few world-class players to the team to not get relegated and allow me to start season two in the Premier League and see what amount of money is received from TV rights .I have also selected the Norwegian league to be able to start the game from April 3, 2023 to not simulate the whole season.

9 hours ago, vale9 said:

I started two test saves . one with the change in the editor(with individual TV deal removed) and one with normal database (without removing individual TV deal) to see if there is a difference.

For simulation I used the editor to put Portsmouth in the Premier League and I added a few world-class players to the team to not get relegated and allow me to start season two in the Premier League and see what amount of money is received from TV rights .I have also selected the Norwegian league to be able to start the game from April 3, 2023 to not simulate the whole season.

Ahh ok thanks, so there's no way of fixing my current save? Thanks for replying

Edited by Jebbersceb

On 01/12/2022 at 18:42, dafuge said:

Just noticed a patch release, is it ok to start again with Portsmouth?

Looks like this is still there post-patch in the data from looking in the editor. 

@Kyle BrownI have the same problem with Portsmouth I'm in my second PL year in 2025 and never received the 90m+ for tv revenue. 

Can I fix it somehow ? I spend so much time on this save and it's really annoying.

Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 10.32.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 10.33.13 AM.png

Edited by jowo89

On 24/12/2022 at 15:34, jowo89 said:

@Kyle BrownI have the same problem with Portsmouth I'm in my second PL year in 2025 and never received the 90m+ for tv revenue. 

Can I fix it somehow ? I spend so much time on this save and it's really annoying.

I don't think it's fixable for a save game.

If you start again though, you'll need to use the editor to fix it before you start as the issue is still there after the patch.

I have just had this happen with Portsmouth after over two weeks of playing,  game is now unplayable. 

Please tell me this is fixed for the next patch as it makes a game with Portsmouth impossible. 

• SI Staff

Hello, apologies for the lack of updates. 

This is something that should be resolved for our winter update.

Unfortunately because this was a database issue, you will be required to start a new save file for the change to take effect.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.  

On 09/02/2023 at 16:22, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, apologies for the lack of updates. 

This is something that should be resolved for our winter update.

Unfortunately because this was a database issue, you will be required to start a new save file for the change to take effect.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.  

Thanks for the update Zach

• SI Staff

Hello, this issue was resolved in our main data update. Although required a new save file for the change to take effect. 

Could you please upload your save file and I'll take a closer look, thank you.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this issue was resolved in our main data update. Although required a new save file for the change to take effect. 

Could you please upload your save file and I'll take a closer look, thank you.

I just uploaded Portsmouth.fm

• SI Staff

Hello @JagrI've checked, this save was created before our Main Data Update. So that's why this issue remained.

Thankfully, I can see you have the IGE enabled in this save, so you can give yourself the money you should have received. 

This would be around £80 million.

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @JagrI've checked, this save was created before our Main Data Update. So that's why this issue remained.

Thankfully, I can see you have the IGE enabled in this save, so you can give yourself the money you should have received. 

This would be around £80 million.

How does the TV money work with the english PL. Will I get all the money right away or a fee from every game? Is all I have to do, is give myself yearly the ~  £80 million? 

Thankful for response. 

BR, Jagr.