• EDT files do not work in FM22 such as "DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN"

Darth Rob
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

The ability to add newgens via EDT files doesn't seem to work in FM22 (it did work in FM21 and 10+ years before)

I'm struggling to find the the best description to link to this post from 10 years ago explains it pretty well:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/204583-people-who-work-for-si/page/2/#comment-6685606

Here's two threads elsewhere discussing it not working in FM22:
    https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/558942-the-edt-failure/

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/558336-future-regen-edt-files-in-fm22-beta/

Moderator @Wolf_pd said he's not aware of it being removed as a feature and to report it as a bug:
    https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/558336-future-regen-edt-files-in-fm22-beta/?do=findComment&comment=13328854

I've attached an example file that worked in FM21 but not in FM22.

Steps to reproduce

1. Download the attached legendsdb.edt
    2. Place it in "Football Manager 2022\data\database\db\2210\edit\"
    3. Start a save in FM
    4. Holiday for a few seasons and see if any of the players in the file appear (edt file can be opened as text)

Some players to look out for:

• Stuart Pearce
    • Oscar Ruggeri
    • Jorge Burruchaga
    • Walter Zenga
    • Igor Belanov
    • Diego Maradona
    • Ian Rush
    • Gary Lineker
    • Ruud Gullit

They will not appear 

legendsdb.edt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 06/06/2022 at 13:39, Neil Brock said:

Appreciate the frustration here. Unfortunately we're not in a position to address this for FM22, but it is something the team are aware of and will be investigated as part of work for any future versions.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm hoping this post will mean it is fixed for FM23 and Retro Regens can be added to retro databases once again

On 23/06/2022 at 00:30, JohnWarrington said:

I'm hoping this post will mean it is fixed for FM23 and Retro Regens can be added to retro databases once again

Yeah, I hope that, now that this option has disappeared from the game, you will add an improved version in the next edition (e.g. adding missing positions like DM or allowing the creation of regens for more than 35 years ahead).

I think if you add the improved support for custom regens, many players will buy FM23, even in the absence of any other new features. If you add such an option, huge mods will be created for your games that will attract a lot of new players, there will certainly be a lot of gameplays on YT. Marketing-wise it will help you a lot, and I think it shouldn't cost too much work to add such functionality to the editor.

@Neil Brock

On 02/10/2022 at 00:49, Skalisz said:

@Neil Brock

Has this been fixed in FM23? I ask because I am conditioning my purchase of this game on this and this is important information for me.

This is really important and I would really appreciate an answer, has this been fixed in FM23 or do we have to wait at least until FM24?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Skalisz said:

This is really important and I would really appreciate an answer, has this been fixed in FM23 or do we have to wait at least until FM24?

Thanks!

I can't get it to work in FM23, the chap that said it worked in the Editor thread was still playing an earlier version. Shame really, even if it was fixed, it would only take a few minutes for someone from SI to share some info as to how it should work.

This is a wonderful way to bring back legends or legendary teams in newgen form, without manually creating a faceless entity in the editor.

5 hours ago, Skalisz said:

Thanks!

It is 100% fixed

fm_cidoqOv0Ty.png

fm_gpMseyWz0f.png

20 hours ago, JohnWarrington said:

It is.  It's a mash up of a couple of skins but mainly Opz Elite from FM Scout.  Note the beta warning bottom left

Cool, didn't realise there were any skins out, but I missed the beta warning, only got one eye at present, surgery on the other.

So an *edt in the edt folder is enough for this to work again?

15 hours ago, anitamui said:

had it been fixed for 23??

Yes.

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Common Name" "Last Name" "(dd/mm/yyyy)" "Nation" "Favourite Team" "Ethnicity" "Skin Tone" "Hair Colour" "Height" "Weight" "Preferred Foot" "Preferred Position" "Fav Number" "Birth City" "CLUB ID" "CA" "PA"

You can either create a new *edt file or add it into the support staff file as suggested above.