• Inside forwards - underpowered and unrealistic movement

Rowan
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Elite inside forwards simply don’t score enough goals to be realistic.

Mo Salah’s only scored 8 goals in 15 games playing as an AMR inside forward for me… and three of those were penalties… so effectively just 5 goals in 15 games. That’s in a combo of 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

That’s massively unrealistic compared to both real life, and his excellent attributes.

Inside forwards are still playing too wide, ending-up in half-space byline cul-de-sacs, and not ending-up in front of goal enough for realism. FM has always had a goal-scoring bias towards central #9s, but it appears as bad as ever in under-rating the scoring power of inside forwards.

Please rectify… so there’s at least realism around goal-scoring machines like Salah 🙏

He should clearly be my leading scorer… not van Dijk, by head, at corners.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Coudnt agree more. IFs and IW-s even on attack duty  - simply dont score. Tried every singe instruction to fix it- non of them seems to be working. 

They will grab the ball attack the space, drift outside, reach the byline, turn 180 and play a backward pass. Every single time. Pretty annoying. 

I really hoped that it will be solved with the full release but its still there.  

can't agree more. Mo is playing far too wide as an IF. wasn't a problem in the old FM21, but seems to be an issue here.

all my CBs have scored more than Mo and that is a 4cb rotation of VVD, Matip, Konate, Gomez. 

2 of Mo's goals were pens as well.

Noticed this myself early on, have been running with IW's until it is fixed as it is somewhat better. I have used Raumdeuter in the past and it was better than IF. The wide play has always been the weak link in the ME.

It's actually sad how unplayable the game is with this issue ATM.  One of the most important roles in the game simply doesn't function... 

I can only hope SI is aware of the fact  how many of us who bought the game are genuinely dissatisfied with it and waiting for it to be fixed.

Also please don't delete my comment like last time. 

9 hours ago, gergo fmstories said:

It's actually sad how unplayable the game is with this issue ATM.  One of the most important roles in the game simply doesn't function... 

I can only hope SI is aware of the fact  how many of us who bought the game are genuinely dissatisfied with it and waiting for it to be fixed.

Also please don't delete my comment like last time. 

Agreed. I've totally given up playing wide players until it is fixed. It is painful to see the inside forward play so cowardly.

Please fix this issue soon. In my save, Cristiano Ronaldo is only scoring headers and penalties when played as an IF.

Mo Salah only has 2 goals in 8 league starts. What makes it even worse is that Liverpool have 37 goals in 10 league games in the save, they're on fire.

For the developers: To be clear what is lacking in the IF/Raumdeuter role, both of Salah's goals today are the perfect example of what he should be scoring (and others should -if so inclined by their traits to do so) be trying to score). 

Edited by tarzanofmars

hace 26 minutos, gergo fmstories dijo:

can someone confirm that it  was fixed with the major update?  

it wasn't mentioned in the changelog. I'm scared. 

thanks

I have played 7 matches and draw the following conclusions:

1st Excellent movements without the ball.

2º They run less towards the sideline and make fewer crosses

3º They still cut little inside and rarely try to dribble inside.

Conclusion: If you are a lover of the game of the IFs dribbling who try many times during the match to drive the ball into the box dribbling rivals, you will not see it. But it is true that they run less towards the wing, really, they run few times with the ball, now they make more passes.

Edited by david_kax

8 minutes ago, david_kax said:

I have played 7 matches and draw the following conclusions:

1st Excellent movements without the ball.

2º They run less towards the sideline and make fewer crosses

3º They still cut little inside and rarely try to dribble inside.

Conclusion: If you are a lover of the game of the IFs dribbling who try many times during the match to drive the ball into the box dribbling rivals, you will not see it. But it is true that they run less towards the wing, really, they run few times with the ball, now they make more passes.

thanks! theres hope :D... are they scoring? 

hace 44 minutos, gergo fmstories dijo:

thanks! theres hope :D... are they scoring? 

They score goals, in 7 games I couldn't tell if they score enough. What I can assure you is that the off ball play is very good and realistic and the ball game is lousy and very unrealistic.

• Administrators

There have been a number of changes to the AI of the engine within 22.2, but as with all things related to the match engine we have to make sure it remains balanced. Work is ongoing in a number of areas, including how wide players perform their roles. 

Thanks. 

hace 1 hora, Neil Brock dijo:

There have been a number of changes to the AI of the engine within 22.2, but as with all things related to the match engine we have to make sure it remains balanced. Work is ongoing in a number of areas, including how wide players perform their roles. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for the reply.

I will play a little more with the patch to make a more adequate analysis of the issue with the wing players and I will report it according to the rules of the forum.

But I am very happy to know that SI is going to continue working on improving this ME because, although the patch improves many things, there are others that still do not work properly such as the IF / IW ball game. If it is a matter of time, but this is fixed, for my part I will be patient and understanding ;)

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Can we expects to see this solved in the winter patch?