• Player leaving at end of season without warning

kwas
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: free_transfer_bug.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Not sure how or when this happened, but one of my players is apparently leaving at the end of the season. Usually this would mean there is a dark green "Trn" icon beside his name, but there is no such icon on his profile. I also did not receive any notice that he had received a contract offer from another club, as I would have tried to re-sign him had I seen that message.

The only thing that tipped me off to the fact that he was leaving was a sentence tacked on to the end of an email about him becoming a Spanish citizen. And now when I navigate to the contract menu on his page, I cannot offer him a contract, as the "Contract Offer" option leads to a screen that says he has accepted an offer from Las Palmas.

I believe this is a really bad bug and should be looked into.

Save game uploaded and screenshots below.

image.png.d2a7684e34f03fbafc06831e1faffc54.png

image.png.26014bda6528ac9ac0f2aab097229e25.png

image.png.f8b808a0d8b58b0c531e162b984f38e1.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not just happening for players leaving on a free to another club at end of contract, I also had a player on loan where the parent club sold the player and I wasn't notified and had a fun little surprise on matchday

On 19/03/2024 at 01:45, anitamui said:

Las Palmas clearly shadowsnatched your player in this case, this is not a bug

Can't tell if you're joking or not :confused:. I don't think this is happening by design. Never seen it in a past version of the game, even earlier versions of FM24.

I also just signed a player on an end of contract offer in a different save, and he only has a "Opt" (will explore options at end of contract) icon on his profile. Yet in my Transfers screen, it says he will be joining my club in a few months

scythian12

Posted

Yup, happens to me all the time as well. Seems to be for transfers where the player's contract end is not aligned with the start of his new contract. Happened three times to Brazil, this time to Norway.

No messages at all in the inbox at either the contract being offered, it being accepted, no status on the player either.

Damgaard status.PNG

Damgaard.PNG

Same here! Its so annoying. Its only on free transfers that the trn icon doesn't appear, any transfer involving a fee it will. Plus on the players history screen it wont update the leaving date of the previous club. Checked the update today and they haven't even bothered to fix it which is really annoying. Typical SI really bring out a main update and ruin something else in it! They need better testers lolScreenshot2024-04-06213333.thumb.png.5280759941d7bee6ab56ecfa8f59bd81.png 

Still not fixed in the 24.4 update. Extremely disappointing and frustrating over a month later this is still flagged as under review 

9 hours ago, Boyd The Beast said:

Still not fixed in the 24.4 update. Extremely disappointing and frustrating over a month later this is still flagged as under review 

Competence is not their strong suit. When it comes to contempt for their user base and holier-than-thou attitudes though, they're world class.

Edited by cwc1

13 hours ago, Andrew Phillips said:

Same here! Its so annoying. Its only on free transfers that the trn icon doesn't appear, any transfer involving a fee it will. Plus on the players history screen it wont update the leaving date of the previous club. Checked the update today and they haven't even bothered to fix it which is really annoying. Typical SI really bring out a main update and ruin something else in it! They need better testers lolScreenshot2024-04-06213333.thumb.png.5280759941d7bee6ab56ecfa8f59bd81.png 

Or maybe they just need testers period? Seems like their main method of testing is pushing out a beta version for people to flag bugs ... which they can't be arsed to fix. 

2 hours ago, cwc1 said:

Or maybe they just need testers period? Seems like their main method of testing is pushing out a beta version for people to flag bugs ... which they can't be arsed to fix. 

It seems that it starts at the top with Miles who seems the most arrogant of them all. With such a loyal fan base it really pisses me off that they take us all for granted but they love us paying 40 quid for the privilege 🤣😪

Judging by last year this bug won't be fixed till early May so I'm just not playing it till its fixed as free transfers are a huge part of the game.

16 hours ago, yoshikairyu said:

Is there any plan fixing this bug?

Well we haven't heard anything for 7 weeks from them and some things on here are still "under review" from November I wouldn't get your hopes ups sadly.

Maybe it will be fixed when fm25 comes out!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that by the time this was posted, they would have been focusing on the next dev cycle (for FM25), especially with the number and scale of changes they want to make to that game. Sucks to see. Might have to go back to 24 now tbh.

45 minutes ago, kwas said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that by the time this was posted, they would have been focusing on the next dev cycle (for FM25), especially with the number and scale of changes they want to make to that game. Sucks to see. Might have to go back to 24 now tbh.

It just bugs me that they broke it with the Winter Update, it's not like it was a bug from the beginning, just makes my immersion so much less 😐

• SI Staff

Hey all, if you believe you have an issue where you don’t get notified when the AI club offers your player a pre-contract, please create a support ticket with the following file and information so we can investigate further:

• Save game (just before your player receives a pre-contract from an AI club) uploaded to OwnCloud.
    • Platform (Epic, Steam and Microsoft etc…)

This is now closed for further comments