• MLS Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the MLS.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Duncan McGuire is a top 20 scorer in the division with 11 goals this year, the same amount as Jordan Morris but with more assists, yet has the attributes and CA of what would be considered a 2 star player in Orlando City SC's team with the AI setting his playtime to "B Team Regular" 

Billy Sharp's wages are extremely low. I'd imagine they'd be more in the range of 8-10k considering he rejected us after we offered something similar.

Just loaded up a game as the Fire, and I am confused by the contracts: Missael Rodriguez, Justin Reynolds, and Alonso Aceves (loan) on the Chicago Fire all have Young Designated Player contracts in the game, which is incorrect. Missael Rodriguez and Justin Reynolds are home grown players, not DPs. Alonso Aceves is a U22 initiative player, like Federico Navarro and Georgios Koutsias, not a DP either. As it stands, the Fire start with 6 DPs which is nonsensical unless I am missing something here with the registration rules.

• SI Staff
    On 22/10/2023 at 01:40, iiP0PP3R said:

Chicago Fire FC is missing players. Georgios Koutsias, Ousmane Doumbia, and Alonso Aceves.

What game mode please?  They are set correctly in the data.

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2023 at 23:03, Crom said:

Just loaded up a game as the Fire, and I am confused by the contracts: Missael Rodriguez, Justin Reynolds, and Alonso Aceves (loan) on the Chicago Fire all have Young Designated Player contracts in the game, which is incorrect. Missael Rodriguez and Justin Reynolds are home grown players, not DPs. Alonso Aceves is a U22 initiative player, like Federico Navarro and Georgios Koutsias, not a DP either. As it stands, the Fire start with 6 DPs which is nonsensical unless I am missing something here with the registration rules.

Which game mode please, this is not how the data is set in the database.

It's the default "FM Original" game mode. All three players have the YDP tag and count as DPs per registration rules at game start for me. Contract screen shows it as well:

20231023151029_1.jpg

20231023151347_1.jpg

20231023151354_1.jpg

20231023151359_1.jpg

This might be a silly question, and sorry if the wrong place, but are Data Engineers intentionally excluded from MLS recruitment staff? Just curious because Akshay Easwaran is part of the recruitment staff for ATL United but not included. I believe in game ATL United had 2 vacancies for recruitment analysts so figured it would make sense to include Data Engineers. Guessing it is a general rule that is followed but wanted to ask.

https://www.atlutd.com/club/front-office/technical-soccer-operations

image.png.ffc3584189e7b4a698ffe60e0249db63.png

• SI Staff
    15 hours ago, ian.shepherd said:

This might be a silly question, and sorry if the wrong place, but are Data Engineers intentionally excluded from MLS recruitment staff? Just curious because Akshay Easwaran is part of the recruitment staff for ATL United but not included. I believe in game ATL United had 2 vacancies for recruitment analysts so figured it would make sense to include Data Engineers. Guessing it is a general rule that is followed but wanted to ask.

https://www.atlutd.com/club/front-office/technical-soccer-operations

image.png.ffc3584189e7b4a698ffe60e0249db63.png

Data engineers are included if it's known what they do.  Some are involved in business operations and not scouting.  If it's confirmed he has a recruitment role then he should be in as a Recruitment Analyst

1 hour ago, Al Clark said:

Data engineers are included if it's known what they do.  Some are involved in business operations and not scouting.  If it's confirmed he has a recruitment role then he should be in as a Recruitment Analyst

Gotcha, is there a standard way to traditional prove he is on the recruitment side? He is listed under scouting on their official staff and is Arjun Balaraman's counterpart who is in the game as a recruitment analyst. I also know him, so I know he is in recruitment. Completely understand that isn't a remotely verifiable source. Just trying to see what is needed to provide proof.

• SI Staff
    On 24/10/2023 at 14:29, ian.shepherd said:

Gotcha, is there a standard way to traditional prove he is on the recruitment side? He is listed under scouting on their official staff and is Arjun Balaraman's counterpart who is in the game as a recruitment analyst. I also know him, so I know he is in recruitment. Completely understand that isn't a remotely verifiable source. Just trying to see what is needed to provide proof.

LinkedIn is usually a good resource for non-playing staff.  Butif they are listed under recruitment, that's probably a pretty good indication.  Shoot me a DM if you don't mind.

• SI Staff
    On 23/10/2023 at 21:14, Crom said:

It's the default "FM Original" game mode. All three players have the YDP tag and count as DPs per registration rules at game start for me. Contract screen shows it as well:

Looking at the contracts in the DB, Aceves is incorrectly on a Loan DP and not Loan U22.  I've updated that for the next data update. I don't see the issue with the others though?  both Missael and Reynolds are on MLS Reserves (and that's how it shows in my test game too)?

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2023 at 22:38, kb1000 said:

Missing staff

Jeremy Proud  (Goalkeeper coach)  New york red bulls

New York Red Bulls II Name Jeremy Proud Goalkeeper Coach | New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

Josh Williams (Head Physio)  New England

New England Revolution (revolutionsoccer.net)

Kyle Porter (Fitness' Coach) Colorado

Club | Technical Staff (coloradorapids.com)

Thanks

These have all been corrected/added in the DB for next data update.

3 hours ago, Al Clark said:

Looking at the contracts in the DB, Aceves is incorrectly on a Loan DP and not Loan U22.  I've updated that for the next data update. I don't see the issue with the others though?  both Missael and Reynolds are on MLS Reserves (and that's how it shows in my test game too)?

Thanks -- I will start a new test save when I play next and see if the Reynolds/Rodriguez issue still appears for me.

• SI Staff
    On 21/10/2023 at 22:38, kb1000 said:

Missing staff

Jeremy Proud  (Goalkeeper coach)  New york red bulls

New York Red Bulls II Name Jeremy Proud Goalkeeper Coach | New York Red Bulls

New York Red Bulls

Josh Williams (Head Physio)  New England

New England Revolution (revolutionsoccer.net)

Kyle Porter (Fitness' Coach) Colorado

Club | Technical Staff (coloradorapids.com)

Thanks

These have all been corrected/added in the DB for next data update.

• SI Staff

Harvey Neville is showing at DC and not at Loudoun (where his loan is set).  Might be a squad status related issue (he was set to First Team - could that really have moved him to a different club?)

20 hours ago, Crom said:

Thanks -- I will start a new test save when I play next and see if the Reynolds/Rodriguez issue still appears for me.

Quickly tried a half dozen test saves, each game mode & different start dates, and they always start with young DP contracts for me. It's reflected on their contract screens and when you click into registration from the squad page.

• SI Staff
    18 hours ago, Crom said:

Quickly tried a half dozen test saves, each game mode & different start dates, and they always start with young DP contracts for me. It's reflected on their contract screens and when you click into registration from the squad page.

Not sure, perhaps a quirk of the public beta, but that's not how it's set in the final data that will be live with full release.  Aceves has been amended for that from DP to U22, eveything else was correct.

Not sure if this is the right place but I have started a save with the Columbus Crew in all 3 game modes and the schedule is always play all 28 other teams once then a random 6 twice for the 34 games. Should be every team in your conference twice and 6 or 8 from the opposite conference to complete the 34 games.

7 hours ago, Al Clark said:

Not sure, perhaps a quirk of the public beta, but that's not how it's set in the final data that will be live with full release.  Aceves has been amended for that from DP to U22, eveything else was correct.

Thanks for being on top of everything bud, will hold off on a Fire save till release