stadium expansion

i've been waiting for three years for the council to pull heir fingers out and approve the expansion of stamford bridge.

finally i see a message...."stadium expansion plans announced" finally i can rival man u, real madrid, barca....so i click on the message.

what do i see? the stadium is to be enlarged by 294 seats. the funnies thing i've ever seen so far on fm09

The stadium can only expand so far, i play as newcastle and we can only have a 60K seater stadium, but in the first season it tends to get that figure or as it proved this time around i get an increase of 6K seats, meaning that my next expansion, and only expansion i can have is around 400 seats next time around :(

Depends on the team, and if the stadium can actually expand. You can see how far your stadium can expand in the editor i believe. I never use it but i remember seeing that aspect of St' James' Park which is how i know i cant expand beyond 60K

Well im Middlesbrough, its still only currently 35000, and im in year 2020!!

So it should be expandable. In previous FM's they expanded at the end of the season, but its not happening now on FM09 for me...

I've built a really good team and dont really want to start a new save.

• SI Staff

Stadiums can and will be expanded in the game if needed. This requires the team to sell out their stadium regurlarly for a longer period and build a fan base that is large enough to warrant expansion (or new stadium in some cases).

Naturally with some stadiums further expansions can be physically impossible and with these stadiums it has been set in the database so that the stadium cannot be expanded further. In these cases, the club needs to move to a new stadium if they need higher capacity.

Yeah thats pretty obvious. So when is the best time to request to the board i want to expand the stadium?? My stadium has been selling out for over 5 years now and each time i request, i get the same message which is something like, "the board already have plans to expand"!

• SI Staff
Yeah thats pretty obvious. So when is the best time to request to the board i want to expand the stadium?? My stadium has been selling out for over 5 years now and each time i request, i get the same message which is something like, "the board already have plans to expand"!

Do you have this saved game handy and if you do, could you upload it to our FTP so I could take a look and debug the situation at the club ?

Stadiums can and will be expanded in the game if needed. This requires the team to sell out their stadium regurlarly for a longer period and build a fan base that is large enough to warrant expansion (or new stadium in some cases).

Naturally with some stadiums further expansions can be physically impossible and with these stadiums it has been set in the database so that the stadium cannot be expanded further. In these cases, the club needs to move to a new stadium if they need higher capacity.

I have a question here... Does "Age" of old stadium play a role in boards decision to build a new one? I'm playing with Bayern and I'm coonstantly selling out my stadium, but the board won't expand because the local council won't allow it - so new stadium is the only option. However, the Allianz-Arena is quite a new stadium, so will this be a factor which will prevent the board from building a new one (bank ballance is around 800 mil. €)

Strange happenings with my Hyde game. I am in my second season in PRM (2017/2018). Initially, once i had the money, the board approved expansion to 6000, but then kept refusing saying the will not get the council approval but now out of their own volition they are increasing it by nearly 4000 seats (to still a very small 10000) by converting terraces or something.

So does the council change its mind? how does this happen?

I am playing as Birmingham and the council have refused permission to expand, is it a definite that eventually i will get a new stadium or do i just have to cross my fingers ? without that new stadium it could scupper my plans for world domination.

• SI Staff

BayernMB: Yes, stadium age definately factors into the board plans for the stadium. If you are playing at a brand new stadium, it is not likely that the board will be looking at new stadiums for some time.

Akaz1976: The normal expansion of the stadium (simply adding to the existing capacity) can be blocked by the council in some cases but if the board are expanding the stadium capacity by converting existing parts of the stadium, that will in some cases get around the council permissions for proper expansion.

blunose: If you keep doing well on the pitch and the finances are in very good shape, then eventually you will get a new stadium. However nothing is guaranteed, as there is still a small random factor involved as always, and I cannot give any guaranteed estimate on how many years it will take to get a new stadium.

Archived