The Duke v3 - The Fulham Quadruple!

Good Evening!

Now as you’ll be aware that I’m not a tactical guru who writes legions of methods to beat the AI, but I’ve created a successful tactic here after grabbing the base tactic using TacGrabber (which was used in Duke v1, Duke v2) after my Fulham side were comprehensively beaten by Southampton in a friendly. See: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=81204

Since v2, I’ve tweaked with the team instructions a little, to get the team to play more as a unit and slightly less attacking than before. The team tend to close down any long-range attempts as pointed out as a weakness in the thread referenced above.

The general style of the tactic remains exactly the same, with the 4-4-2 flat in place, the screenshot below showing you was taken when Duke v1 tactic was in-place, but hasn’t changed at all, so to save time I’ll use this to demonstrate.

squadpositionsio1.jpg

The team instructions have changed slightly from that listed in the old thread, I’ve increased the mentality to be more attacking in theory, but seems defensively sound to boot. A little more creative freedom has been added, and the defensive line has been pushed up ever so slightly – and finally the ‘counter-attack’ option has been ticked.

tinstructionsec8.jpg

The general logistics behind the setup is that you need a strong heading centre-half on the right hand side, this defender will ‘challenge keeper’ when you’re team get a corner, and can amount to goals. Your full backs need to have pace, and good passing stats. The Mc/d will need to have high creativity and good passing, he’ll be the main man collecting balls from the defence and mounting an attack. Your wingers need to be fast and have good crossing attributes; good finishing also is needed if you wish to score goals from here. The left sided strike is more your ‘target man’ type of player and the right is for the ‘fastest’ of the pair.

I haven’t gone overboard on the individual instructions on the strikers or attackers really, but have pieced together instructions for the defence, and for corners which is taken from what was working well in FM08.

This tactic has brought me great results which are in no part down to the tactic alone, no, but also down to spotting the young talent I have in my squad and gradually getting them into the team and banging in the goals. This year (2015) I’ve won the Quadruple with Fulham (League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup) and you could also add to that the Super Cup.

fulhamquadgc3.jpg

I’ll also add another screenshot of my ‘Homepage’ below…

fulhaminfowq4.jpg

Now I’m not saying this tactic will work for you, but for me it’s been explosive – especially against bigger teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea I’m thrashing 3-0, 4-0 or so every time I play them now.

I hope you have half as much fun as I’ve had using this than I have, as you’ll be in for one hell of a ride.

One final screenshot, unbeaten run:

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/493/mgwlhn3.jpg

DOWNLOAD THE DUKE v3 TACTIC

http://rapidshare.com/files/176518779/The_Duke_v3__Fulham__Dec_2014_.tac

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwo0j1vjdww

Enjoy & Merry Christmas!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New patch, click on the link at the bottom, and click 'Free User' on the next window, you'll then have a slight time delay then be able to download.

its ok ive downloaded it now, the website kept saying check the link.

thanks anyways mate.

Omg?!?!?! It looks pretty insane !! :o

Do u tweak it while playing match or it's just ideal?:D

I'm going to be honest here, I don't tweak it at all. I haven't needed to, mainly because it's crafted around my teams strengths. I imagine if you're kicking off with a base team at the start of a new game then you will need to tweak here and there, but it's a pretty solid unit on the whole I find.

Hi Duke!

What kind of strikers do we need?? Fast and creative or tall with good heading and jumping or both of them??

The attacking midfielder is a MC or a AMC??

Thanks so much

You need a mixture. I currently have four strikers which I often rotate around, depending on opposition. I play the faster striker on the right hand side, and the better header of the ball on the left hand side (mainly because my right winger is ace at crossing) but it shouldn't matter switching them either.

One thing I do, do when selecting my strikers is checking out the opposition centre-halfs. If they're short, or my player has a height advantage I will user the taller player to gain an extra advantage, and likewise if their defence is slow, I will unleash two quick players to exploit that.

I dont use OI's mate. You can use them if you wish but I find my team covers everything on its own accord.

so you never used them at all?

sorry to flood this board with this question, bcoz it seems OI is great feature for me, but in 09, its not anymore

so what did you do with the dangerman described in opposition report (in the mail)? just ignore them at all?

so you never used them at all?

sorry to flood this board with this question, bcoz it seems OI is great feature for me, but in 09, its not anymore

so what did you do with the dangerman described in opposition report (in the mail)? just ignore them at all?

I will monitor the situation regarding their 'dangerman' and if I feel that he's a threat during the game, I will sometimes put him on 'tight-marking' in the OI. I really dont like to use them, because my team do the job anyway - but there's always one little sod (Carlos Vela) who sends shivers down my spine when he's lurking around the 18-yard box.

Do u think it will work with Albacete (Segunda Division)? And with Albacete U19(;p)?:> I see that u won with Fulham and had pretty much points but did u tested it with lower league clubs?

I can't say if it will or wont. Best thing to do would be to save your game now, and then trial it. This tactic isn't tried and tested with any other team than my own, nor will it be because I simply dont have the time and I'm only interested in playing the file I'm currently on.

If you find that your under pressure away, drop the mentality notch down a little to normal, that should balance the team.

ow ok , so where must stand the one with good heading abilty then ? my english is not that good sorry, i read it a few times but cant figure it out ;p

I made a sreenie, Can u tell me where i put my players best. thx alot , NVM :) I'm sleepy didn't read your post good ;p its the Right centre def that needs good heading :)

8d318b70a7c49b1d977a9caa08da0fd0.jpg

ow ok , so where must stand the one with good heading abilty then ? my english is not that good sorry, i read it a few times but cant figure it out ;p

I made a sreenie, Can u tell me where i put my players best. thx alot , NVM :) I'm sleepy didn't read your post good ;p its the Right centre def that needs good heading :)

8d318b70a7c49b1d977a9caa08da0fd0.jpg

That looks very fine there. I'd put Elano for Diarra on MC though.

using man city, 3rd season, just draw 0-0 at anfield. they attack a lot (18 to my 9) but i really impressed when watching the match in full, my players close down accordingly and never out of position (maybe one or two occassion)

thats why i managed the draw i think

going to try it for the next couple of matches, hopefully the team will get used to it

senturk, u r on 9.1 or 9.2?

it seems its harder to get good results on 9.2, even if my team is clear fav, im going to struggle :(

This tactic is for new patch but your team has to get used to it. Anyway it seems to doesn't work for decent teams in spain, especially in away games:

v Levante (H) 3:0

v Almeria (A) 0:2

v Xerex (A) 1:4

Doesn't work for me ;/

lost and lost

oh well, i guess i will change to 9.1.0

its illogical when u lose to millwall, this year FM is no good at all

What team are you Sculpture? If you can tell me your team, I can look into whats going wrong for you when I get a spare minute.

it seems its harder to get good results on 9.2, even if my team is clear fav, im going to struggle :(

I'm actually finding the opposite regarding the patches, I find it much easier to get results on 9.2, as opposed to 9.1.

anyone else having success with this tactic on 9.1.0?

This tactic was created for 9.2.0, but the framework behind it was developed on 9.1.0, therefore I see no reason why it shouldn't work on the older patch.

----------------

Also, this tactic appears very good when listed as 'underdog' which is why I increased the mentality a little originally. It also plays better for me at home, which could mean I look into turning this into a Home tactic, and creating another for away - I'm undecided.

Also looking to incorperate the Leeds attacking instructions into a future tactic test (from the TacGrabber thread). We'll see what happens over time.

I'm playing on patch 9.1.0 and it works fine for me.

1st season man city finished 5th place. But i had alot of unhappy players otherwise i was much higher :p.

And semi finals knocked uot of the uefa cup.

Biggest win 7-1 against aston villa, Never somuch goals in official matches. Anyways it works for me im rly happyt with this tac, i hope it works on lower teams also.

:thup:

If someone wishes, I would upload the Leeds tactic which scored 223 goals a season with Duke's defend instructions. It works absolutely suberb, Duke is also testing it with very great results. If you want Duke, I can upload or you, if you think it isn't too early for it ;)

Here you are buddies:

http://files.filefront.com/Dukes+Leeds+1FC+Kln+Okt+1tac/;12767931;/fileinfo.html

Keep in mind that you should give it some time. Don't be to harsh if you don't win the first 3-4 matches although you're dominating, was the same for me. After that it has kicked in and now my team is playing some fabolous football. Duke won 7-1 in the super cup with it against Milan. Hope you accept this though Duke otherwise I'll delete it.

EDIT: You should use the better header of your 2 best strikers on the left. He somehow gets more heading opportunities although they're on the same instructions.

Archived