FM2009 free attributes?

Ampalaea4

these was the free attributes on each position in 2008

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fmr2008/freeattributes.html

Attributes that didnt use current ability points...

Anyone have tested if it works in 2009?I have seen that free kicks are no longer CA free...

In 2009 the majority of free attributes have been removed. I think that the hidden attributes are still free, as well as natural fitness, flair and aggression. This is the case for all players i think.... although I'm not 100%. I think strikers get slightly less points overall though.

Best way to check is to edit a player in the editor (in new databse!) set 200 for both CA & PA and 20 for everthing else.

When you start a new game access the edited player. Those stats that are 20 are free!

In 2009 the majority of free attributes have been removed. I think that the hidden attributes are still free, as well as natural fitness, flair and aggression. This is the case for all players i think.... although I'm not 100%. I think strikers get slightly less points overall though.

Best way to check is to edit a player in the editor (in new databse!) set 200 for both CA & PA and 20 for everthing else.

When you start a new game access the edited player. Those stats that are 20 are free!

im going to do this right now, excellent idea.. :)

determination was a free attribute in fm08? i dont believe that at all tbh.

It is a free attribute in FM08. I always edit my db and I can assure you that determination can be set to 20 for any player regardless of their CA/PA.

I'm currently editing my FM09 db and I've noticed that, unlike in FM08, natural fitness does not appear to be a free attribute. I noticed Petr Cech's natural fitness attribute falling from 20 to 19 yesterday. In FM08 that attribute would remain static regardless of changes in other attributes.

Cheers

but we have to try this for every position :)

nice thought!

I ll test it

Here's what I've noticed from extensively editing my FM09 db. I'm currently working on my 3rd iteration of the db.

Seemingly free attributes:

Person Data Attributes are free. I can, for example, give a player the following configuration for free:

Adaptability - 20

Ambition - 20

Controversy - 1

Determination - 20

Loyalty - 20

Pressure - 20

Professionalism - 20

Sportsmanship - 20

Temperament - 20

Some player data attributes seem to be free, too.

Ability and Reputation

Current, home, and world reputations can be set to 200 for any player with no penalty incurred. Similarly, CA/PA can be set to 200 or -10 without penalisation.

Position

I haven't noticed a player's stats decreasing owing to assigning him multiple positions. I have made certain midfielders DMC/MC/AMC, giving them 20 for each of those positions, and I haven't observed a decrease in their stats. Their stats are always equivalent - assuming they've got the appropriate CA - to what I've assigned to them in the db.

Attributes 1

Aggression can be set to 20 for free for all players.

Consistency is free for all players, as is important matches.

Dirtiness can be set to 1 for all players for free.

I'm unsure about the rest of the attributes, however. Whether they are free or not is, I'm sure, contingent on the position of the player they are being assigned to.

Attributes 2

Corners can be set to 20 for all players.

Free Kicks is another free attribute. You can set it to 20 for any player.

Penalty taking can be set to 20 for all players.

And Versatility is also free for all players. You can set it to 20 for any player.

Regarding Preferred Foot, I noticed that a player's stats are always equivalent to what I've assigned to them in the db provided I set one foot to 1 and the other to 20.

Sure, that makes them one-footed, but I've experimented with the preferred foot attribute, giving players I've edited 20 for both feet and comparing my performances using that db to the results I achieve by setting players to 1 for one foot and 20 for the other.

Surprisingly, I believe I attained better results by setting the players to 1 for one foot and 20 for the other. Making players one-footed did not appear to have a detrimental effect on my players' performances. So now I always edit the players in my db to have 1 for one foot and 20 for the other. Anyway, I prefer to see a players stats mirrored to what I've assigned to them in the edited db. It was disheartening to see a significant difference between the stats I'd set a player in the db and the stats they possessed in the game. Whether a player is two-footed or not shouldn't alter their stats. That's just stupid and unrealistic.

Goalkeeping Attributes

I believe that Eccentricity can be set to 1 without penalisation for all goalkeepers, as can Tendency to Punch. I believe - and that is all it is - that Kicking and Throwing can be set to 20 for free regardless of a goalkeepers CA. I'll need to confirm that, however.

Player Preferred Moves

Every PPM can be assigned to a player for free.

I hope that helps. I'll keep observing my edited databases to ascertain which stats are free.

Thanks

adding more positions onto a player will make them weaker and their stats drop and changing their foot strength (from left foot 1, right foot 20 to left 20, right 20) will also make their attributes drop, a huge drop can be placed..

adding more positions onto a player will make them weaker and their stats drop and changing their foot strength (from left foot 1, right foot 20 to left 20, right 20) will also make their attributes drop, a huge drop can be placed..

I agree that making a player two-footed will cause his stats to drop, and I've read that assigning players to multiple positions causes the same effect, but I haven't observed this in the game.

For instance, when I give a DMC 20 points for the MC and AMC positions his stats remain unchanged.

I remember reading that changing a player's horizontal position leaves his stats unchanged. So, for example, if I take a AMC and assign 20 points to the AMR and AML positions his stats should not change.

The article I read suggested that adding on vertical positions to players will cause their stats to drop. So, for example, if I give a striker 20 for the AMC position his stats should decrease accordingly.

That isn't what I've observed in FM09. I've changed the positions of multiple players, vertically and horizontally, and I haven't observed any decrease in their stats. None.

Thanks

""That isn't what I've observed in FM09. I've changed the positions of multiple players and I haven't observed any decrease in their stats. None.""

My findings exactly! this would suggest that players can be made "jack of all trades if need be" I can't however replicate all the free technical attributes listed by proteus.

There are only so may non-free attribute points with CA/PA at 200. Equivalent to 15ish (17 in physical which might suggest a wieghting thing going on or the first 2 points may be free). The available attributes are split equaly across all non free slots. With regard to the Left/Right foot observation. The attribute for the favoured foot (highest value) looks to be free. The points available to the second foot follow the aforementioned rule (you will only get 15 if all others are set to 20).

If we could find out what the exact figure is we could make some sort of widget thingy in excel or something (for the purposes of creating 'legends' in game). What I mean by that is a table listing all the attributes that you could enter values against. the widget thingy would let you know when you'd put too many in the attributes as a whole.

Anybody any good with Excel?... or just plain clever!

Also I'm pretty sure that the 1-20 attributes are in fact 1-100. The game divides the attribute value by 5 in game. It might be that the total atributes availiable equates 78 each (15 and a bit).

I agree that making a player two-footed will cause his stats to drop, and I've read that assigning players to multiple positions causes the same effect, but I haven't observed this in the game.

For instance, when I give a DMC 20 points for the MC and AMC positions his stats remain unchanged.

I remember reading that changing a player's horizontal position leaves his stats unchanged. So, for example, if I take a AMC and assign 20 points to the AMR and AML positions his stats should not change.

The article I read suggested that adding on vertical positions to players will cause their stats to drop. So, for example, if I give a striker 20 for the AMC position his stats should decrease accordingly.

That isn't what I've observed in FM09. I've changed the positions of multiple players, vertically and horizontally, and I haven't observed any decrease in their stats. None.

Thanks

i shall try it myself.. i dont believe it though as in FM08 if you had an AMC and made him DM, MRLC, AMRLC, FC, his stats would lower a lot..

i shall try it myself.. i dont believe it though as in FM08 if you had an AMC and made him DM, MRLC, AMRLC, FC, his stats would lower a lot..

You don't believe it? Why would I mislead you?

Perhaps the stats decrease for a particular player if you assign 20 to every available position. I don't know if that's the case as I haven't tried it.

I'll try and post proof. Nevertheless, the veracity of my observations shouldn't be doubted. I have no reason to lie to anyone about this!?

""That isn't what I've observed in FM09. I've changed the positions of multiple players and I haven't observed any decrease in their stats. None.""

My findings exactly! this would suggest that players can be made "jack of all trades if need be" I can't however replicate all the free technical attributes listed by proteus.

There are only so may non-free attribute points with CA/PA at 200. Equivalent to 15ish (17 in physical which might suggest a wieghting thing going on or the first 2 points may be free). The available attributes are split equaly across all non free slots. With regard to the Left/Right foot observation. The attribute for the favoured foot (highest value) looks to be free. The points available to the second foot follow the aforementioned rule (you will only get 15 if all others are set to 20).

If we could find out what the exact figure is we could make some sort of widget thingy in excel or something (for the purposes of creating 'legends' in game). What I mean by that is a table listing all the attributes that you could enter values against. the widget thingy would let you know when you'd put too many in the attributes as a whole.

Anybody any good with Excel?... or just plain clever!

Also I'm pretty sure that the 1-20 attributes are in fact 1-100. The game divides the attribute value by 5 in game. It might be that the total atributes availiable equates 78 each (15 and a bit).

Hey whimsical,

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it.

The widget you refer to is exactly what I've been thinking about since I started editing my databases in FM08! Great thinking, whimsical.

I reached my 12th iteration of the 8.0.2 database by the time FM09 was released. I've not actually played the game, although I cycle through multiple seasons everyday to ensure that my modifications are realistic and, well, fun.

I modify the database according to my own perceptions of players and football clubs. So, for example, I think McGeady is a better player than his stats reflect in the game. Accordingly I modify his stats to match my own perception of his abilities. I do this for all the players I like. I also read articles from magazines, read posts on forums, and look for scouting reports on players to make modification to players that sound promising.

Marc Janko, for instance, currently intrigues me. In real life he has scored 29 goals in 19 games for Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian League. Consequently, I've modified his stats in my v3 database to reflect his goalscoring prowess. He'd probably be among the top goalscorers in the English Championship. Fair and fun, I think.

I don't have the ability or knowledge to create such a widget, I'm afraid. But I'd love to see one come to fruition.

So, tell me about you modifications.

Cheers

You don't believe it? Why would I mislead you?

Perhaps the stats decrease for a particular player if you assign 20 to every available position. I don't know if that's the case as I haven't tried it.

I'll try and post proof. Nevertheless, the veracity of my observations shouldn't be doubted. I have no reason to lie to anyone about this!?

i just dont believe it, i wouldnt classify you as a liar and i think you sound honest but it sounds ridiculous, why would it change from FM08? natural fitness by the way, isn't a free attribute in this game.. ill try it as well :) okay

i just dont believe it, i wouldnt classify you as a liar and i think you sound honest but it sounds ridiculous, why would it change from FM08? natural fitness by the way, isn't a free attribute in this game.. ill try it as well :) okay

Fair enough. Here is my modified version of C Ronaldo. Let me explain how I generally modify players.

I generally add 2 points to every stat listed under the Attribute 1 and Attribute 2 tabs. Sometimes I don’t, however. I will also allocate 20 to a modified player’s Consistency and Important Matches attributes. Why? I just do.

I also modify the players CA/PA, as well as their Person Data Attributes. I generally give players I really like 20 for all the stats listed under the Person Data tab, with the exception of Controversy, of course. I usually make a modified player’s injury proneness 1, his dirtiness 1, and his natural fitness 20.

So, with all that in mind, here is Cristiano Ronaldo. Let’s look at his attributes from the editor first, shall we?

aakdp4.jpg

2dsgt4y.jpg

35l9e03.jpg

cont'd in next post...

cont'd from above...

2h6bvwp.jpg

73cv82.jpg

beezj6.jpg

And here is how the game models him according to the modified stats in my v3 database. As you can see, the game engine has actually augmented his attributes.

2jcye8k.jpg

Here is what I’m going to do now.

Firstly I’ll modify his positions to ascertain if they alter the value of his attributes, and then I’ll reset his positions to the values you see in the screenshots above. Once they’ve been reset I’ll change his Left Foot attribute to 20. He’ll then be two-footed thereby allowing us to ascertain whether making a player two-footed modifies their attributes.

Thanks

Okay. I’ve modified C Ronaldo’s positions. You can see from the screenshots below that I’ve assigned 20 points to the following positions:

FC

FR

AMRLC

MR

ML

531kde.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot of his attributes in the game I created from that db, his attributes remain unchanged.

2afbhg0.jpg

x0v5hh.jpg

I’ll give him defensive positions now to see if a decrease in his attributes is contingent on them.

Cheers

Weird, Moj! Just plain weird!

As you can see, I’ve made C Ronaldo a natural in every position apart from the GK and sweeper positions – and guess what? The game engine has actually made him even better than he was before I assigned those positions to him! His attributes have actually increased!

His tackling and marking have increased by 2 points, for instance, and some of his mental stats have increased too.

This is unexpected!

2sbx5op.jpg

2cibmgh.jpg

xds3mo.jpg

3520vev.jpg

What do you think is happening, Moj?

Thanks

Aha! Making C Ronaldo two-footed has decreased his attributes. I thought that would happen. I reset his positions to the ones I posted in the first pics of my modified db. I then assigned 20 points to his left-foot.

As you can see from the screenshots of the game I created from that db his attributes have decreased somewhat.

See here:

2lcy2ir.jpg

2z7lekj.jpg

3325lcw.jpg

I don’t think the value of a player’s attributes should be contingent on whether or not he is two-footed, so I’m going to go back to my original strategy of making all the players I edit entirely one-footed. That ensures that the values I choose for their attributes is seen in the game. And, more importantly, from the experiments I ran on alternative databases on FM08 - one db where all the modified players are one-footed, and an alternative db which contained the same players, albeit I'd made them two-footed - making a player one-footed has no detrimental effect on his performance. I actually feel that my teams from the db of one-footed players performed better than my teams from the db of two-footed players. So there you go.

Cheers

First of all, some great experiments, Proteus! Enjoyed reading your observations.

Secondly, I do believe I have the answer to your last question, regarding the increase in Ronaldo's attributes after giving him more positions. Basically the amount of CA points a specific attribute will take away from a player's CA, is based on his position. For example Finishing is more important to a ST, then to a CB. Therefor more points will be taken away from the ST's ability, then from the CB's ability, if he is practicing intensive attacking in training.

I think if a player has multiple positions, these numbers regarding the CA and the attributes change. I actually think that retraining an ST to become a CB, could make his attacking attributes better!

First of all, some great experiments, Proteus! Enjoyed reading your observations.

Secondly, I do believe I have the answer to your last question, regarding the increase in Ronaldo's attributes after giving him more positions. Basically the amount of CA points a specific attribute will take away from a player's CA, is based on his position. For example Finishing is more important to a ST, then to a CB. Therefor more points will be taken away from the ST's ability, then from the CB's ability, if he is practicing intensive attacking in training.

I think if a player has multiple positions, these numbers regarding the CA and the attributes change. I actually think that retraining an ST to become a CB, could make his attacking attributes better!

Hi Zol,

Thanks for your kind remarks. I appreciate you taking the time to parse all the information I've posted here. And I really appreciate you thinking about what is happening with regards to increasing stats when multiple positions are assigned to a particular player.

That's a very interesting notion that you've come up with. I guess your idea can be tested. It would be interesting to see the results of such a test.

I'm going to keep an eye on the changes my modifications to the database cause in the game. And I'll be scrutinising players' attributes to determine which ones remain static regardless of changes to CA.

Thanks

First of all, great research! I'm extremely convinced by all the information being posted on these forums that retraining your ST into a CB will help him becoming a better ST!!!

As for your research, I find it quite amazing that determination, consistency, and important matches are free attributes. These are veyr important attributes I think, yet they're free? Kind of weird for SI to have it that way.

Yep, Interesting stuff Proteus!

Not sure about the position thing!

I think what is happening is when you reduce one of the foot values to 1 your allowing the game to assign the points, originally assigned to the foot, to other attributes. There is only a set number of attribute points to go around, setting an attribute to a low value effectively boosts other stats as there are now more points availiable to go round.

Its strange that the stats go up so much though!!

It might be that the foot attribute points are wieghted (as I think the physical stats might be if I recall-not at my PC at the moment!). What I mean by that is 1 point in left foot (if right is at twenty cos I think one of the feet is free) is weighted by the game as being equivalent to 1.5 (guess) of the availiable attribute points.

It might be that high points in the second foot are seen as being more valuable by the game. If this is the case with the other physical attributes (pace, acceleration, balance and agility - not strength and stamina) this would suggest that these values are more significant to the game engine.

Would the same observations occur if you kept the second foot at 20 and changed pace to 1?

With regard to creating a template in excel to aid in creating players we would need to find out if any wieghting of attributes is being applied by the game... and then find out what that is?!?!

Will have to have a play around myself!!!!!... once I've had some sleep!

Hope this makes sense

Yeah in 2008 you got a set of free attributes (in addition to the standard freebies), like finishing if the player was a centre back, however if the player was a striker as well as a centre back then finishing was no longer a free attribute, this lead to players who could play multiple positions being generally weaker then those of similar CA who specialised.

In 2009, the opposite is in effect, where a player gains the free attributes of each position he can play naturally (or has a reduction in weighting), instead of them cancelling each other out. Personally I think its a bug and will be fixed eventually, since it makes no sense to have a similar CA utility player be superior then a specialist player when it comes to the stats that matter most for that position.

Interesting information!

I just have a little question. It seems that you guys are editing in the editor (before starting a game), but is it also possible to change those free attributes with a program like FMRTE without decreasing other attributes?

Is it me? Or is the unlock_patch rar file on your desktop a crack?

Tut. tut.

Indi75

It is a FIFA 09 patch that allows you to enable Legendary Difficulty. I don’t know if that is a crack, I don’t think it is.

But I do know that using it has made playing FIFA 09 a better, more fun experience.

Thanks

ps Here are screenshots from its installer. So, is it a crack then? If it is a patch can you withdraw your intimation, please? If it is a crack I will delete it, and I’ll also extend an apology to the board regarding any misdemeanour I’ve committed.

1j8f94.jpg

2mrcd1e.jpg

2d77odt.jpg

cont'd below...

Interesting information!

I just have a little question. It seems that you guys are editing in the editor (before starting a game), but is it also possible to change those free attributes with a program like FMRTE without decreasing other attributes?

Hey Bocus,

I keep seeing Boruc, the Celtic GK's name, when I see your username!

Anyway, I once created a game using the default 8.0.2 db in FM08 and proceeded to edit players and teams without any problem whatsoever. It did the same job as the pre-game editor.

It was certainly possible to edit and retain the free attributes for a player using FMM in FM08. I have tinkered around with FMRTE and it is possible, I think, to achieve the same results with that programme.

Let me know how you get on.

ps FMRTE seems like a fantastic addition to the FM community! Ruci has done amazing work in such a short period of time.

Thanks, Whimsical, Kawee, Bocus, and Wishhavoc for your kind remarks. I really appreciate your responses.

Wishhavoc – Thanks for sticking up for me. I genuinely don’t know if I have done something wrong. If I have done something wrong then I still appreciate your support.

ScorpionSting – Thanks for that information. Yeah, in FM08 I tinkered around with Yannick Boli, making him a DC and SC. I compared his effectiveness as a DC and SC, noting how many he scored, his average rating, how many assists he made for his peers, etc, and then I ran a couple of seasons of the game with Boli as a SC only. He was more effective as a DC/SC than a mere SC.

Chris Sutton would have ruled in FM08, what with him being a DC/SC!

Whimsical -If you could create a widget then that would be great! I think I’ll edit in your suggestion of making a player two-footed and reducing his pace to 1 and observing the effect it has on the player in the game.

In general – I’m going to give some players the free attributes that were available in FM08 to see if their status has changed in FM09.

Kawee – Yeah, determination, consistency, and important matches are definitely free. I always give the players I like 20 for consistency and important matches. It made important games in FM08 more challenging.

Thanks

I have edited C Ronaldo as per Whimsical’s suggestion to lower a player’s pace to 1 while making him two-footed. Whimsical’s reasoning for doing so is to garner a greater understanding of how the game engine distributes points when a player is two-footed.

Amauri has been edited to ascertain if the free attributes in FM08 apply to FM09. I’ve only assigned the free attributes from FM08 that I am aware of for a SC. I have a list – and I acknowledge the link at the top of the page – that summarises all the free attributes for every position in FM08. I just need to find it!

Here are Ronaldo’s attributes:

It is interesting to note, I think, that the game engine has increased some of his attributes. Compare his attributes before I lowered his pace to 1 and made him two-footed. Every other attribute has not been altered – only pace and his left-foot.

After editing his pace to 1 and making him two-footed

14ik3rm.jpg

Before editing his pace to 1 and making him two-footed

2qu857d.jpg

w2d3qs.jpg

24ozmsh.jpg

What do you think, Whimsical?

I’ll now have a look at Amauri.

Cheers

Cool! It appears that some of the free attributes for a SC in FM08 still apply to FM09. I gave Amauri 20 points for the following:

Mental Stats – Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Flair, Influence, Teamwork

Technical Stats – Corners, Free Kick Taking, Penalty Taking

Physical Stats – Natural Fitness (Still not sure about this one as I observed Petr Cech’s Natural Fitness attribute falling from the 20 I had assigned to him. Perhaps its transience only applies to players in certain positions?)

Here are the screenshots of Amauri .

2hgh27s.jpg

m80cn7.jpg

2ir2cyp.jpg

v7wlmx.jpg

That’s good news, I think...

Cheers

To determine whether Amauri’s CA is facilitating the attributes I assigned to him (see above), I’ve given Reuben Noble-Lazarus (I edited him into the db) a raft of augmented attributes. I used the guide at the top of this page to find out which attributes were free in FM08.

Here are his screenshots.

2nuhjf9.jpg

34y2ww2.jpg

2uj6tud.jpg

140krpu.jpg

I will post the screenshots of his in-game attributes in the next post.

Thanks

Ok. The free attributes (20 points) I assigned to him in the editor have manifested themselves in the game. Here are the free attributes I assigned to him:

Mental Attributes – Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Flair, Influence, Teamwork, Consistency, and Important Matches

Technical Attributes – Corners, FK, Long Throws, Marking, Tackling, and Penalty Taking.

Physical Attributes – Natural Fitness

Here is the screenshot of his in-game stats.

iz7v5v.jpg

As you can see, the same free attributes that applied to a striker in FM08 still apply to strikers in FM09.

Thanks

As you can see, the same free attributes that applied to a striker in FM08 still apply to strikers in FM09.

Thanks

Sorry Proteus, I think you are mistaken. In order to isolate the free attributes you have to put 20 in everything. Assuming that CA & PA are 200, the game assigns the maximum available attribute points across all non-free skills equally. Anything that is free will appear as 20 because the points for this skill are not being weighted agains CA/PA.

The screenshot above illustrates this point. some of the players skills are 3 or 4 the game will not add additional skill points (from the total avvailable points) to these attributes. The points saved from these lower value skills have just been assigned to the higher attributes i.e. 20's.

Have started doing some tinkering myself. In one example i have three MC,s (1 in all other positions) The difference betwwen them is

1. Player with 20 in everything

2. Player with 20 in everything apart from Acceleration which is 1

3. Player with 20 in everything apart from Left foot which is 1

Player 1. has 15 in all attributes (including left foot) apart from Acceleration, Balance, agility and Pace which are 18. Aggression, Determination, Flair & Natural fitness are 20 and therfore free. (all the hidden atributes are also free as I have checked using FM editor)

Player 2. has 18 in all attributes (including left foot, free ones are of course 20) except for Balance, Agility and Pace which are 19 (acceleration is 1).

Player 3. has exactly the same stats as player 2 apart from 19 in Acceleration and 1 in Left foot.

It looks like the least favoured foot is being treated the sam as the other skill stats (not as a phisical stat as I first assumed). Also, the physical stats are treated slightly different to normal stats by the game.

The reason the overall stats in example 2 & 3 are higher is that the game is assigning the points saved from Left foot or Acceleration to all remaining non free attributes

Will have to look at this with respect to player with multiple positions.

Hey,

No need to apologise! I am often wrong! I agree with your reasoning: I need to assign 20 to every attribute in order to draw the correct conclusion.

I never was a good experimenter! Theory is my bag.

Your results are interesting. I like the way you've designed the experiment, too. Great work, Whimsical. Your observations regarding the difference between Player 1's attributes in the editor and in the game itself lends strong support to your conception of this iteration of Football Manager's free attribute function.

I'd like to see what happens to Rueben Noble-Lazarus when I assign 20 points to every attribute. I'm confident the game engine will modify his attributes such that he'll be equivalent, or at lest very similar, to the attributes the game engine has assigned to your Player 1.

Thanks again, Whimsical.

ps I really appreciate your replies and kind words. Cheers

I have read all the replays and I hope that I haven't missed this one... But my conclusion of how to know whether an attribute is free or not,, you have to make the CA and PA to 1 and then all the attributes to 20... save and then check which attribute stays at 20,,, with will mean that they are free...

PS: If already mentioned. My apologizes for not seeing it... Just want to help in some way..

By the way.. great theories!! If we keep researching for "legend" attributes... I believe we are not far ahead...

I have read all the replays and I hope that I haven't missed this one... But my conclusion of how to know whether an attribute is free or not,, you have to make the CA and PA to 1 and then all the attributes to 20... save and then check which attribute stays at 20,,, with will mean that they are free...

PS: If already mentioned. My apologizes for not seeing it... Just want to help in some way..

By the way.. great theories!! If we keep researching for "legend" attributes... I believe we are not far ahead...

Hey,

Good idea, Reving. I'd actually thought about adjusting the CA and PA of a player to 1, giving him 20 across the board, and creating a game from that db, but I haven't tried it yet.

My edited databases have already generated a clutch of absolute legends! Berbatov and Rooney rarely achieve an average rating of anything below 8.00. And they usually score >20 goals per season, too. Berbatov also chips in with an impressive number of assists.

In Spain, Messi and Aguero rule in my db. And in Italy Ibrahimovic is king. Annoyingly, Lee Miller - a mediocre striker with Aberdeen - scores far too many goals in the EPL and SPL. I increased him physical stats, as well as his heading ability, and now is he far too effective. I want to keep the stats as they are, as I think they reflect his abilities, so I need to find an alternative method of mitigating his goalscoring prowess. It's pretty ridiculous. Similarly - and I noticed the same phenomenon in FM08 - the Inverness CT midfielder creates an unrealistic number of goals in the EPL. Apart from a few gripes here and there, I'm really happy with my modified db. Hoffenheim are much improved in my game. Indeed, they regularly challenge Bayern for the Bundesliga title, just as they currently are in real life.

Once I'm sufficiently contented by my editing endeavours I'm going to try my hand at managing Burnley. I don't want to displace Owen Coyle as I really admire what he's done at that club, but attaining even a modicum of success with them will certainly be a worthy challenge.

Cheers

Ok I've hit a brick wall!

Ive esablished that DC's are marinally better off in the game than ST's in terms of the number of non-free attribute points availiable at CA/PA 200. DC's have a total of around 525 and Strikers 512. The game obviously favours Defenders over strikers for some reason.

That said, when creating a new player using all the available attribute points the outcome is not always as expected.

I can't work out what method the game uses to favour putting points into physical attributes above mental/technical ones. It would appear that physical attributes are worth more i.e. putting 20 into acceleration takes up more of the available attribute points than putting 20 into finishing (guessing approx 15% more but can't pin it down).

Anyone with any ideas as to whats going on???

what i plan to do...

make a player with 20 in every attribute, PA and CA of 200 in everything...

i will have 11 players, gk, dr, dl, dc, dc, mr, ml, dmc, mc/amc, fc, st

and we'll see which players have free stats.. all i know so far is determination is still a free stat... really surprised by that

It does'nt matter which position you modify the free attributes are the same for all positions.

Mental:

Aggression,

Determination.

Flair.

Physical:

Natuaral Fitness.

Hidden:

Consistency,

Dirtiness,

Important Matches,

Injury Proness,

Versitility.

All the personality atributes are free also.

For Goalkeepers (in excess of the above) eccentricity, rushing Out and tendency to punch are 'free'. Also bear in mind that all of the technical outfield attributes are free for goalkeepers except for First touch, Heading, passing and technique. Also note that aerial ability is treated as a physical attribute.

The position of a player has a slight effect on the total attiribute points availiable. The more forward a position the less number of points.

Archived