Question on work permits

It made more senses reading it backwards then forwards.

All Im asking is if someone is given a work permit. Is he required to have played 75% of your games?

Anyway I think I understand you. Your saying a player may not be able to renew a workpermit based on reputation?

What I want to know is it based on number of games? Because I have Refeal, Fabio and Anderson who are Brazilian. The two full backs don't get many games from me so I am worried they maynot be able to renew their contract in the future. I have also signed a few players who were given work permits but they don't fully feature in my plans as of yet.

To guarantee a WP a player must play 75% of full internationals. However, on appeal, things that will be taken into account are a players age, whether he has played in youth/under 21 internationals, reputation and how often he plays for the club. (changing a players squad status has been said to help).

It is best to loan youngsters out if they don't feature in your plans, preferably to a club in Poland or Belgium in order to gain EU status. Playing regularly for another English club (ie on loan) will also help. If you have high hopes, then you might want to sign him on a long term contract to avoid the problem.

Is Sebia not an EU nation? They don't show up as foreign in my Jena side.

Well all the icons of Fgn or something in the transfer/contract section to indicate he played X% of games is not there no more so I'm lost whether he is classed outside the EU. Refeal, Fabio and Anderson are not classed as fgn or have any indication there are on a work permit.

No one can be sure what is going on in your specific game. Serbian players are not classed as foreign in Germany, so I can only assume you don't need a WP for them in the UK.

How about trying to sign another Serb just to see if he needs a WP, then you'll have your answer. You don't actually have to sign him, of course.

I'm in the English league.

I have an ukraine player too. Who was given a work permit but not sure if I have to play him for 75% of my games in in order for him to be able to renew his WP.

As I said earlier, the 75% rule applies to international appearances, not club. You will be playing the appeal lottery otherwise, there are no set rules for that, just the guidelines I mentioned above.

Sounds like you need to send some players to a WP feeder club.

If someone is given a work permit. Do hes have to play 75% of your games in order for the permit to be renewed next year?

This was true under the old system of awarding work permits, which the Home Office scrapped a few years ago. Now, how many games he plays for you is immaterial; it depends on his international career - and AFAIK U21 doesn't count.

Well all the icons of Fgn or something in the transfer/contract section to indicate he played X% of games is not there no more so I'm lost whether he is classed outside the EU. Refeal, Fabio and Anderson are not classed as fgn or have any indication there are on a work permit.

Fabio and Rfael has a Portuguese passport, so they don't need a WP. Anderson has a WP, if he hadn't the game would let you know, with a WP icon on the squad screen next to his name.

Archived