FM2009: Official Glasgow Celtic

thursobhoy

The Celtic F.C

The Celtic Football Club are a Scottish football club based in the east end of Glasgow, which currently plays in the Scottish Premier League. Celtic are the champions of Scotland, having completed a hat-trick of titles on 22 May 2008, the final day of the 2007–08 season. Since its formation in 1888, Celtic have won the Scottish crown on 42 occasions and the Scottish Cup 34 times (a record), and are the only Scottish team to have won Europe's premier football competition, the European Cup, in 1967.

Celtic's home stadium is Celtic Park (commonly referred to as Parkhead after the area of Glasgow in which it is situated) which has a capacity of 60,832, making it the largest football stadium in Scotland. The club's traditional playing colours are green and white hooped shirts with white shorts and white socks.

In 1966–67 season, Celtic became the first British team to win the European Cup (since renamed the UEFA Champions League), and are one of only two clubs ever to win the competition with a team composed entirely of home-grown talent (along with FC Steaua Bucureşti of Romania in 1986).[1][2]. All of the players, subsequently known as the Lisbon Lions, were born within a 30-mile radius of Celtic Park. Celtic won every competition that they entered that season: the Scottish League Championship, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, the European Cup and the Glasgow Cup, to become the first, and so far only, team to win the Quadruple. Celtic also reached the 1970 European Cup Final, but were beaten by Feyenoord in extra time.

In 2003 Celtic reached the UEFA Cup final, where they lost 3–2 to FC Porto in extra time. Approximately 80,000 Celtic supporters travelled to Seville for this game, the largest foreign travelling support in history at the time. The fans also received awards from UEFA and FIFA for their behaviour throughout the tournament.[3][4][5] Celtic have an estimated fan base of nine million, including one million in North America.[6]

CLUB INFORMATION

STATUS

Professional

Continental

CHAIRMAN STATUS

Loves The Club

LEGENDS

Danny McGrain,Billy McNeill,Bertie Auld,Jock Stein, Henrik Larsson

ICONS

Tommy Burns,Roy Aitken,Neill Lennon,Kenny Dalglish,Paul McStay,Wim Jansen,Martin O'Neill

FAVOURED PERSONNEL

Chris Sutton,Lubomir Moravcik

FIERCE RIVALS

Rangers

OTHER RIVALS

None

FINANCES

Secure

AVERAGE TICKET PRICE

£27

AVERAGE SEASON TICKET PRICE

£479

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

ESTIMATED VALUE

£104M(Loan Debt:£4.9M)

CONTINENTAL COMPETITION

European Champions Cup

MEDIA PREDICTION

1st

SQUAD PERSONALITY

Ambitious

CAPTAIN

Stephen McManus

VICE-CAPTAIN

Jan Vennegoor Of Hesselink

SQUAD

No. Position Player

1 GK Artur Boruc

2 DF Andreas Hinkel

3 DF Lee Naylor

4 DF Stephen McManus (Captain)

5 DF Gary Caldwell

6 DF Bobo Baldé 7 FW Scott McDonald

8 MF Scott Brown

9 FW Georgios Samaras

10 FW Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Vice-Captain)

11 MF Paul Hartley

12 DF Mark Wilson

13 MF Shaun Maloney

17 MF Marc Crosas

18 MF Massimo Donati

19 MF Barry Robson

20 MF Pat McCourt

21 GK Mark Brown

22 DF Glenn Loovens

23 FW Ben Hutchinson

24 DF Jean-Joël Perrier-Doumbé

25 MF Shunsuke Nakamura

26 FW Cillian Sheridan

29 MF Koki Mizuno

33 FW Chris Killen

42 FW Michael McGlinchey

46 MF Aiden McGeady

48 DF Darren O'Dea

51 MF Nicky Riley

52 DF Paul Caddis

53 MF Simon Ferry

54 MF Ryan Conroy

55 FW Paul McGowan

62 GK Scott Fox

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to sign Marcelo for £4m, Hugo Viana for £1.5m and a young brazilian called Walter for £3.9m he's only 18 and scoring for fun so far...sold Naylor for £1.4m and Samaras for £3m cos his stats were terrible, played halfa dozen games and joint top with Hibs and Dundee Utd...Rangers 5th

Ok here's my squad with one week of the transfer window to go :

Celtic

GK: Ochoa, Cassio (loan)

DR: Hinkel, Caddis, Sarki (loan)

DL: Marcelo, Insua (loan)

DC: Yakuba, Fuentes, Caceres (loan), Mosquera (loan), Loovens

MR: Acosta, Robson, Yildirim, Tom De Mul (loan)

ML: Arshavin, Maloney, Ljungberg, Sinclair (loan)

MC: Radoi, Hugo Viana, Hartley, Appiah, Crosas, Rodney Sneijder (loan), Boateng (loan)

ST: Cruz, Vennegoor of Hesselink, McDonald, Abreu, Samaras

Looking to sell Loovens, Samaras, Maloney, Caddis and possibly Crosas before the window shuts. Will post screenshots when someone tells me how to do it

Will post screenshots when someone tells me how to do it

1. Get a free account with somewhere like photobucket.

2. Open FM and when you want to take a screenshot press the ptr scr key on your keyboard (you'll find this on the top row of your keyboard beside the F keys).

3. Open an imagine program like paint and select paste from the edit menu and save the file.

4. Upload to photobucket

5. Post the photobucket link here.

Thats how I do it anyway!!!!!!!!

sorry about the lack of other info, this is first time ive done anything like it, but there wasnt any celtic pages at all and thats not right for the greatest team in the world.

so any help to make it better is gratefully apprieciated.

ps any good tactics for the bhoys going about??

Hi All,

Just finished the demo and am sitting top of the table on goal difference, I feel the stats for a numbers of Celtic players are too low and have purchased the following players, and included there game stats, hope this helps:

Name Fee Apps Ave. Rate Postion

Abubakari Yakubu £1.5m 15 6.93 DR,C WBR, DM, MC

Frank Queudrue £2.0m 20 7.07 DL,C WBL

Theo Lucius £1m 5 6.62 D/WBR, DM, MC

Ferrie Bodde £400k 20 7.19 DM, MC

Guerreiro £1.6m 10 6.74 AML, C

Eidur Gudjohnsen £2.2M 16 6.93 AM/FC

Gudjohnsenhas scored 7 goals and has 5 assists, not a great return but like a few others I felt the Samaras's rating where very low and sold him on.

Anyone found any real gems of a player? Bodde is a must for only £400k, i think.

Just another quick one, According to another post I read "Rangers get £26M in November", for some unknown reason. WTF is that all about. It's going to make winning the league very hard in the first season if they got that kind of money to spend. I hope this bug gets sorted before the full game is released.

Good OP :thup:

I'm a Bhoy myself, so don't get me wrong... But can I just suggest that we try and not really mention Rangers too much in this thread? Keep it nice and clean ;)

The risk of it falling into bigorty is just too high... Let's just all focus on our beloved Celtic and how we can win the league and CL and what not ey?

so how is evrybody getting on with the bhoys? anyone having any good success?? who's selling who and buying who for the bhoys?

Im still getting to grips with the tactics this year but im still top of the league by 3 points

PLAYERS IN

Appiah

Insua

McCarthy

PLAYERS OUT

Balde

Killen

Naylor

Donati

Wilson

Played with the mighty celts until christmas and was top by 8 points to second place Adberdeen with Rangers having 5 games in hand for some reason...

Players in: Insua(loan) and was my highest rated player

John O Shea 3.3 million- got injured second game of season..out for 5 months

Gudjohnson 3 million- top sorer in league-top class in scotland

James Mc Carthy- 1.8 million injured in pre season out for 7 months

Players out: Balde, Killen, Naylor, Samaras, Nakamura(7 million), Mark Brown

Must say i really enjoyed FM09 demo but something really has to be done about the number of injuries players get in games and in training

Played with the mighty celts until christmas and was top by 8 points to second place Adberdeen with Rangers having 5 games in hand for some reason...

Players in: Insua(loan) and was my highest rated player

John O Shea 3.3 million- got injured second game of season..out for 5 months

Gudjohnson 3 million- top sorer in league-top class in scotland

James Mc Carthy- 1.8 million injured in pre season out for 7 months

Players out: Balde, Killen, Naylor, Samaras, Nakamura(7 million), Mark Brown

Must say i really enjoyed FM09 demo but something really has to be done about the number of injuries players get in games and in training

what tactics you using for celtic?? and did you offer naka for 7 million??

well i thought since this is the celtic place to be some of my fellow hoops would be able to help with tactics for celtic...lol.

I think the key to sucess really depends on the players you buy rather than tactics. Your tactics are also limited to the players you have. It seems a lot of the guys are also loaning a lot of players, which is something I have not done but seems a good idea.

I suggest starting again, writing down all the players in this thread that others have signed/loaded and having a right good look at them.

Good Luck....

The-K-Man

Played the demo again, here we go.............

Moved on

---------

Samaras (load) with option 2 buy.

Charle Grant £500k.

Pat Mccort (load) with option 2 buy.

Donati £1m.

Mark Brown £500k.

Naka £5m.

Balde - Free

Signed

------

Fredrik Ljungberg - free - 6.60 - worth signing as backup.

Emiliano Insua (loan) - 6.40 - not really played but good cover.

Martin Caceres (loan) - 7.18 - a must sign.

Eidur Gudjohnsen - 7.18 - Not fantastic but again another must sign 4 the money.

Hugo Viana (loan) - Good ratings but not very good, good backup all the same.

Julio Cruz - bags a few goals, good cover.

Cassio (loan) - Good rating, no boruc but good cover and lts u move on brown.

Ferrie Bodde - Again a must sign 4 the money.

Abrue - ok as backup

Marcelo - A must sign, going 2 be a top player in a few years and already a first pick.

Biggest let down - Scot Brown.

Top Players - Mcdonald/Boruc.

Fausto Rossi looks good but expensive.

Bring in on 1st of July, Dario Veron, looks a top DC (1.9M).

Best 11

-------

Boruc

Naylor, Hinkel, Caldwell, Caceres

Marcelo, McGready, Bodde, Hartley

Macdonald, VOH

Playing a 4-1-3-2

End of demo, 11 points clear at top over Rangers. Dropped into UEFA cup. I think it's important to have a big squad due to induries and to rotate the squad due to fitness levels.

Hope this helps.

The-K-Man

1. Get a free account with somewhere like photobucket.

2. Open FM and when you want to take a screenshot press the ptr scr key on your keyboard (you'll find this on the top row of your keyboard beside the F keys).

3. Open an imagine program like paint and select paste from the edit menu and save the file.

4. Upload to photobucket

5. Post the photobucket link here.

Thats how I do it anyway!!!!!!!!

Cheers .

Just finished my first demo game as celtic and have one question. How was Boroc For you? In my game he's terrible & very erratic. Unfortunately I didn't discover this thread until I spent all my cash so cant sign a better replacement. Thankfully Mark Brown has been doing very well. I finished the demo in first place managing to Beat Rangers and draw with them. Over all I am very pleased with the demo and looking forward to Friday (assuming Play.com deliver in time). I think I'll replace both keepers though. I will try and sign this guy Ochoa and any other good keeper you could suggest.

Just finished my first demo game as celtic and have one question. How was Boroc For you? In my game he's terrible & very erratic. Unfortunately I didn't discover this thread until I spent all my cash so cant sign a better replacement. Thankfully Mark Brown has been doing very well. I finished the demo in first place managing to Beat Rangers and draw with them. Over all I am very pleased with the demo and looking forward to Friday (assuming Play.com deliver in time). I think I'll replace both keepers though. I will try and sign this guy Ochoa and any other good keeper you could suggest.

Have a look at Villar from Atlante (Mexico). I had a 1.2m bid accepted but couldn't raise enough cash to get him. Roma and Lyon are currently after him in my game.

Boroc was a top player 4 me. Just goes to show, also very happy with the demo and looking forward 2 Friday.

yeah its the only team to be!!!

how you getting on with the demo??

Just got the game today mate but Can't get my activation code yet as the phone number is not working properly just now. Nothing worse than having it and not being able to play it. How you getting on with your season?

Guys, can someone help me, I played the game for only 5 minutes, so I forgot his name and I can't be bothered starting it now, what's the name of that left back that starts in the first team? I've never heard of him and I've checked the official website and he's not listed there.

Im 4 games into the season....CELTIC 2-0 St.Mirren.....Dundee United 0-4 CELTIC.....CELTIC 3-1 Falkirk and CELTIC 2-1 Unwashed. PLayers in are Guilherme (left back)£3.25 million , McCarthy £1.2 million , S.Fletcher £2.5 million and Appiah on a free.

Players sold...Wilson £2 million , Naylor £1.5 million , Donati 1.5 million and Balde on a free

Just got two players into the club:

Marcelo - 4.4M ~quite costly but is a must buy~

Juan Manuel Mata - 2.5M ~dribbling 18, finishing 18 good young attacking midfielder~

I'm currently in the process of negotiating over Naka, hoping to sell him for 5-8M, Sunderland and some spanish team are after him :D

I'm struggling big time with the bhoys, been beat by rangers twice and my record in the CL group is awful (3 defeats and a draw so far), signed Marcelo who works well as a wing back, but I just can't seem to find a system that works yet, can see the fans calling for my head soon :(

I'm doing alright in the league so far. Got to the New Year in Season 1 about 8/9 points clear, having just beaten Rangers at Ibrox 1-0. CL was a disaster, ended up 4th in the group below Real Madrid, Roma and Spartak Moscow. I'm through to the semis of the League Cup.

McGeady is wanted by Milan and Lyon and I've knocked back a bid of £11m.

Top scorer for me is Luigi Bruins from midfield with 15.

Archived