FM2009: Official Glasgow Celtic

thursobhoy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to resign as manager of celtic at the start of my third season. The bug with the team finishing second qualifying for the group stages of the CL was really off putting as rangers were getting into the group stages and I had to qualify! Despite the fact I won the league. Anyone else have this problem? Hopefully it'll be sorted for the patch

So now i'm at watford who have recently got taken over by a tycoon :)

just started with the hoops !

IN:

Beckham FREE

Carioca 3m

Veloso (Sporting) 12m

Leo (Young Brazil CB) 4.2m

Masiela 240k

Insua Loan

Belletti Loan

Briand 4m

Cardozo 5m

Progbenayak Loan

Borges 250k ?

Enyeama 100k

Arashavin 12.5m

Fuentes 100k

OUT:

McGeady 28.5m MC

Van Hess 5m

Brown 5m

Few others cant remember

Team

GK Boruc/Enyeama

RB Belletti

LB Insua/Mas

CB Caldwell

CB Fuentes/Leo

DM Veloso

MC Beckham/Nakum

MC Carioca

AMC Arashavin

SC Cardoso/Prob

SC Briand/Mc Donald

Won first 4 games 1-0,2-0,3-1,4-0 ! beat some team im pre season 9-0 lol

beckham is my capt and rocks on the free-kicks

veloso is just pure class ( said he werent intrested and i offered 51k p/w and he signed )

hopefully will do well in CL ??

Hi All,

Just finished the demo and am sitting top of the table on goal difference, I feel the stats for a numbers of Celtic players are too low and have purchased the following players, and included there game stats, hope this helps:

Name Fee Apps Ave. Rate Postion

Abubakari Yakubu £1.5m 15 6.93 DR,C WBR, DM, MC

Frank Queudrue £2.0m 20 7.07 DL,C WBL

Theo Lucius £1m 5 6.62 D/WBR, DM, MC

Ferrie Bodde £400k 20 7.19 DM, MC

Guerreiro £1.6m 10 6.74 AML, C

Eidur Gudjohnsen £2.2M 16 6.93 AM/FC

Gudjohnsenhas scored 7 goals and has 5 assists, not a great return but like a few others I felt the Samaras's rating where very low and sold him on.

Anyone found any real gems of a player? Bodde is a must for only £400k, i think.

you can get steven hammell for 600k and don cowie for 500. Hammell is a good attacking left back who offers a real threat from set plays and Don Cowie is a versatile attacking midfielder with great stats especially for 500k

How the heck did you manage to sell Ryan McGowan for as much, was he playing and developing well?

I signed him for 3.7 million and only played him about 15 games or so, then decided i never liked him so offered him to clubs for 5 mil and ajax took the bait. Quite lucky i suppose but i do that a hell of a lot (decide i dont like players so sell them a season or two after signing them).

Had to resign as manager of celtic at the start of my third season. The bug with the team finishing second qualifying for the group stages of the CL was really off putting as rangers were getting into the group stages and I had to qualify! Despite the fact I won the league. Anyone else have this problem? Hopefully it'll be sorted for the patch

I've also had this problem although it only happened at the start of my third season and when season four came it was back to normal, it made it tought though as I had to get past Benfica and Sampdoria just to qualify and then was in pot four for the draw!

is Aiden McGeady good i am looking for a good winger is he any good

thanks

Yes i would keep hold of him , although he doesnt have the best of stats , the coach report says " twice the player of shaun maloney and key member of squad "

He's also chipped in with 2 players of the year awards for me

Need some advice on how to get the best out of Keirrison..

Signed him in 1st season and he is brutal.. scored 9 in pre-season

however as soon as the season kicked off he forgot where the goal was..

I've tried everything but he's got 3 goals by february

Luckily I also signed Walter and he's been banging them in!!!!

Luckily I also signed Walter and he's been banging them in!!!!

I signed walter but he done nothing for me, got most of the money back that I paid for him plus 50% of his next transfer fee :thup:

I had a bit of difficulty first 3 seasons with strikers, walter, samaras, JVOH, marcus berg, steven fletcher, yoan goufrann, defoe ( I signed defoe, kasper schmeichel, Kompany and Ireland all from man city) have all came and went

I currently have Sam Vokes, Marquinhos, Prudinkov, Keith Kelly (came thru the youth ranks) Thankfully their all doing the business - i got thru from my champs league group, which included man u & AC

Im in my 4th season, the only players I have from the original team are, O'Dea, Kennedy, Brown, Mizuno (I brought Mulgrew back)

Just started my new game with Celtic. Made two signings...Razvan Rat for 2.7m and Steven Fletcher for 3m. Don't think I've sold anyone yet though Balde and Donati keep knocking back teams because of wage demanding.

Couldn't get a work permit for Appiah.

Played to SPL games. Beat St. Mirren at Home 6-0 on the opening day then drew with Dundee United away after being 2-0 up with tens mins to go. Raging. Happy with my start though. Need to look for some gems...in particular a great forward. Any ideas?

What tactics is everyone using with the hoops? Is it the ones in the game or a tactic you have made yourself? I got a good 4-0 win over Rangers but i should be winning more games than i am.

I play 3-1-4-2

I struggled a bit 1st season, lost the league on last day of 2nd season and have won it 3rd & 4th

I lost count the number of games i lost or drew in the last 10mins in my 1st 2 seasons

Just started my new game with Celtic. Made two signings...Razvan Rat for 2.7m and Steven Fletcher for 3m. Don't think I've sold anyone yet though Balde and Donati keep knocking back teams because of wage demanding.

Couldn't get a work permit for Appiah.

Played to SPL games. Beat St. Mirren at Home 6-0 on the opening day then drew with Dundee United away after being 2-0 up with tens mins to go. Raging. Happy with my start though. Need to look for some gems...in particular a great forward. Any ideas?

I wouldn't have nbothered signing Steven Fletcher for Celtic in the game. I ahve him and he has done nothing so far. Actually my board are not happy i signed him and he's not doing well. I am trying out Duke's tactic from the tactics section and so far playing better.

I wouldn't have nbothered signing Steven Fletcher for Celtic in the game. I ahve him and he has done nothing so far. Actually my board are not happy i signed him and he's not doing well. I am trying out Duke's tactic from the tactics section and so far playing better.

I would keep fletcher if i were you. His first season was nor great and i used him as a bit part player but the second season he was banging the goals in and he was top goal scorer with 29 goals.

I would keep fletcher if i were you. His first season was nor great and i used him as a bit part player but the second season he was banging the goals in and he was top goal scorer with 29 goals.

The reason I signed him was cos he's scottish and kinda young. He's back up at the moment and I thought he might come good or that I could at least make money on him...its all good.

Alright bhoys! Quick update at the end of my first season.

Won the league by 9 points or so, beat Rangers in the League Cup final and put Rangers out the Scottish Cup on my way to glory. All that making three signings...Pogrebnyak, Fletcher and Razvan Rat.

In the close season I managed to sign Arfield, McCarthy, Andreasen, Rusol and Nery Castillo (on loan). Sold Robson for 2.5m, Samaras for 1m, Loovens for 1.5m and Mark Brown for 500k.

Could have signed Maniche for 950k and Vicente from Valencia for 1.2m but to be honest I didn't need them. Still need a back up GK. Went for Foster and Manninger but Rangers got them both. Allan McGregor is on the transfer list and while I detest him...he's open to the move and got good stats. Plus he's scottish which is important for the CL. Can't decide.

The reason I signed him was cos he's scottish and kinda young. He's back up at the moment and I thought he might come good or that I could at least make money on him...its all good.

I signed Fletcher for £2.7m first season i shipped him out to West Ham, didn't score any for them but after I got him back in the second season he was banging them in and he's now worth £7m at the end of the second season, so he is a good buy if you are prepared to wait about on him developing, Hibs young players are pretty much always capable of being back up players for either of the Old Firm and able to put in some good shifts going by my experience with them.

I signed Fletcher for £2.7m first season i shipped him out to West Ham, didn't score any for them but after I got him back in the second season he was banging them in and he's now worth £7m at the end of the second season, so he is a good buy if you are prepared to wait about on him developing, Hibs young players are pretty much always capable of being back up players for either of the Old Firm and able to put in some good shifts going by my experience with them.

Ideal Steve.

In the last game I spent 4 seasons at celtic but with next to no good players coming through the rank and only a few decent scottish players in the league I found it difficult to get a good squad for the CL with 4 celtic youth players and 8 home grown.

Btw, if anyone is about to ship out Marc Crosas think again. He's "labelled the next Senna" in my game.

No-ones laughing at the fact its aids - its the fact its Nacho Novo :D

Ok I understand the funny side and yes it is funny. I was laughing a lot when I first saw it but at the same time it is rather insulting to those who have aids. Not a pleasant virus at all. I am only saying there has got to be a line ;)

I don't understand how some people can almost replace the whole Celtic squad. :( I always feel bad getting rid of players from the team that I've supported all my life.

I think I only had one game on FM 08 with Celtic where I only replaced a striker and a DC. Went on to the last 8 of the CL in my first season too. I just love the club too much to be getting rid of players. :p

Archived