FM09: Atlético Madrid thread, bring silverware to Vicente Calderon

trivium123

Atletico madrid

year founded:1903J

club legends:Milinko Pantic,Carlos Aguilera,Paulo Futre,Diego Simeone

Club icons:Luis Aragones,Kiko,Francisco Narvaez,Fernando Torres,Radomir Antic,Jose Ufarte,Juanma Lopez,Abel Resino#

Fierce rivals:Real madrid

rivals:Espanyol,Barcelona,Sevilla,Osasuna

Estimated value:181Million

Continental competition:Uefa Champions league

Media Prediction: 5th

Transfer budget:4.5million/continental qualification through league position

Squad:

1 GK Grégory Coupet

2 DF Giourkas Seitaridis

3 DF Antonio López

4 DF Mariano Pernía

5 DF John Heitinga

7 FW Diego Forlán

8 MF Raúl García

9 MF Luis García

10 FW Sergio Agüero

11 MF Maxi Rodríguez (Captain)

12 MF Paulo Assunção

14 FW Florent Sinama-Pongolle

16 MF Éver Banega (on loan from Valencia)

17 DF Tomáš Ujfaluši

18 MF Maniche

19 MF Miguel de las Cuevas

20 MF Simão

21 DF Luis Amaranto Perea

22 DF Pablo Ibáñez

24 MF Ignacio Camacho

25 GK Leo Franco

27 GK Ángel Bernabé

28 DF Álvaro Domínguez Soto

33 MF Sergio Gontán

Key players

Pablo:The rock at the heart of the atletico defense good heading and marking stats but tackling is a bit poor.

Raul Garcia:He will be at the centre of your midfield for years to come good long shots and he has a good work rate has a bright future ahead of him.

Simao:very quick tricky winger who will supply the ammunition for the forwards good pace and dribbling stats

Sergio Aguero:This young player is the biggest star in your team if you can keep him in your team you will have success for years to come a very good goalscorer

Future stars:

Ignacio Camacho:already good enough for the first team he will be the future of your midfield along with Raul Garcia

David de Gea: very talented young keeper has a bright future ahead of him if he is nurtured well

Pichu atienza:he is the future of your defense still young if nurtured right could be a star

Formation:

i would play 4-4-2 with one centre midfielder with a barrow and one with a farrow

Signings:

i would maybe consider signing a younger keeper to challenge leo franco for the number 1 spot

a top quality centre back would be next on my agenda with 4 centre backs in the squad but none of them are world class i reccomend offloading 1 and signing a top quality centre back

potential signings:

sergio asenjo

steve mandanda

samir handanovic

martin caceres

cristian zapata

so can you turn madrid into the top club in madrid spain and in europe?

They have the talent

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im playing with Atletico but still FM2008. Tried demo game already but will wait for full release and patch hopefully.

There are far too many bugs which drives me nuts ;/

Camacho looks absolutely amazing :) Could not find Aquino on the demo though and he's one of my fave players on FM08.

How is your game going mate ?

is anyone else playing as atletico?

I'm going to start an Atletico game now, what tactic do you use? Thinking of using this:

--------------gk-------------

dr--------dc--------dc------dl

-------------dmc------------

-------------mc-------------

amr-----------------------aml

--------st----------st--------

• 2 weeks later...

Right im starting a game as the mighty Atletico now that the full version has come out, I'm gonna look the strengthen at the back and bring through the good youth such as Camacho and Atienza, looking at this from a long haul perspective so ill be bringing in the youth early on. I'll keep you all posted.

Also to the thread starter, it makes me angry that you have started this thread, you clearly dont know the first thing about Atletico Madrid, firstly you spelt the name wrong in the thread title, which is really frustrating, Atletico fans will know how i feel. And if you could edit the first post to make it a little clearer and well written that would be great. I did consider re=doing this thread but didnt want to come accross as being arrogant or anything.

I have started an atletico game, the undoubtedly have potential but need some work. So far i have made a few sales (including Forlan and Raul Garcia to raise significant funds) and I have signed:

Oscar Cardozo (9 million)

Miguel Veloso (11million)

Denilson (3million)

Julio Cruz (500k)

Massimo Ambrosini (Loan - 950k fee)

Ricardo Costa (Loan)

Emiliano Insua (Loan)

The team is now fairly strong and I have good cover all over the pitch. As soon as I have more funds I will look to bring in more world class players so that the team will compete in the league and champions league.

Have only played 2 competitive matches so far but comfortably knocked marseille out of the champions league in the 3rd qualifying round.

A promising start......

How much u managed to get for Forlan and Garcia? i'm starting a game with A. Madrid too..

had a look at the defence, looks too slow

John Heitinga and Tomáš Ujfaluši dont look good enough to start

both dont have good enough DC stats,

DR seems to be a problem position as well.

any one managed to get both of them to perform?

I started with Athletico

so players in :

oscar ustari

lukiar ( or something like that) from Sporting lisbon MLC

made a preatty good tactic 442 and started the game

first UCL game was against fiorentina and we 2-0 at away game and draw 2-2 at homeand ended up in a group with:

steaua buc / chelsea / and werder bremen.

firse game in the league was against Valencia and i won it with 1-0

second game against Barcelon that i won 4-2

i played 9 games in the spanish league and won them all

in the UCL i won against werder and lost at chelsea after leading for 55 minutes with 1-0 . chelsea won 3-1 :(

will keep posting

I'm surprised to see how wrong the stats still are for Atlético players. Pablo Ibáñez doesn't even start since the signing of Ujfalusi and Heitinga. He has been HORRIBLE in the last two seasons IRL (hence the signings). Luís García is still an interesting prospect, but he's not evolving as much or as quickly as everyone thought he would do. Also, Forlán and Ujfalusi are a bit underrated.

And yes, the team definitely needs a RD or RWB. Maybe a creative MC too.

How much u managed to get for Forlan and Garcia? i'm starting a game with A. Madrid too..

had a look at the defence, looks too slow

John Heitinga and Tomáš Ujfaluši dont look good enough to start

both dont have good enough DC stats,

DR seems to be a problem position as well.

any one managed to get both of them to perform?

what formation are u guys using? i think i have to use a lone striker formation cos, we only have 3 strikers at the club in the start.

i was thinking of playing 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding mids (Maniche and Raul Garcia) and 3 attacking mids (Simao, Aguero, Maxi Rodriguez) with Forlan upfront

drawing inspiration from the way portugal played in the world cup, maximising the talents of ronaldo, deco and simao.

my plan is to use simao as a winger, Maxi Rodriguez as a second striker and Aguero as the playmaker forward. Forlan seems to be downgraded, but he still is lightning quick, so i plan to make him a goal poacher to act as an offensive passing option.

now i am undecided whether to have the Attack mids 3 in the middle AMCL, AMC, AMCR or to have them on the wings, AML, AMC, AMR

due to the lack of side arrows, i would need to adjust width

transfer targets, i want to get a new DC, and moving John Heitinga to the DR position.

i only have 6 mil transfer budget to use, board refuse to increase it anymore, for continental finish. i have already patched up, is that the reason why they refuse?

if i have spare cash, would like to bring in a proper def mid, scouted Diarra, but seems like he is not interested to join me.. any suggestions?

Sooooo let begin:

I finished first year with lots of goods won!

So let me begin : I started with 7 mil euros i bought Oscar Ustari , and Simon Vukcevic in the first transfer window.

i sold Seitaridis , Coupet ( because in 15 games he recived 13 gol's) , Maniche and Raul Garcia. I almoust lost Forlan to Real Madrid for 25 mil euros but the deal faild because of the end of transfer window.

Players IN in the second transfer window:

Fausto Rossi , Checu , and 2 more young players their name excapes me now.

So i won the Liga with 10 points ahead of Real Madrid and 12 of Barcelona.

Here i had some funny results first game of the season i played Valencia and won it with 1-0 with a gol from Banega.

Third game i had against Real Madrid and draw 1-1 and fourth game i had against Barcelona and won it with 4-2

In the Liga i draw only 3 games and didn't lose any game , draw with Valladoid 1-1 at home , with Real M 1-1 and with Getafe 2-2.

In the UCL i eliminated Fiorentina in the first round and qualified in the groups with Werder Bremen , Steaua Buc, and Chelsea.

First game against Steaua i won with 2-0 , second game against Werder i won 2-1 and third game at Chelsea i lost 3-1 after leading 55 minutes with 1-0. Then i played Steaua away and won 2-1 , and won at home with Chelsea with 3-0!! , last game against Werder i won with 2-1 with a goal in the 94 minute.

the qualified to play with Celtic and won bouth games , unfortunately i forgot who i played after celtic and im not at home now to post who , after i played Bayer Mun and won at home with 1-0 and played away a very interesting game , bayer opend the score in the 20 minute , bayer scored again in the 40 minute leading 2-0 af half break, second half begined and i scored (sinnama pongole) and bayer scored again , Aguero scored for me making the score 3-2 , but podolski scored again in the 87 minute and my dreams wore scaterd but in the 93 minute Banega scored a 40 yards and i was in the Final!!!

the final was against Barcelona and was a poor match , Camacho scored for me in the 7 minute and the game ended 1-0.

will keep posting

hey to all just going into my second season with athletico did pretty well in the first year finished 3rd in the league behind real madrid and barca(didnt lose all season) BASTERDS!! but then got revenge and beat barca 2-0 in spanish cup final. i went out in quarter finals to byern munich in champo league not a bad start.

half way through my first season i just couldnt score lost like 4 in a row was shocking and forlan was utter ****! so got rid of him in jan to barca for 16mil happy days! and bought pandev from lazio who turned out to be a legend already haha oh and i also managed to get van der vaart for lik 5 mill from real madrid haha he was transfer listed. haha also sold raul garcia think hes well overated seems he wont actually get better than he already is so bought barzagli with that money and had 7 clean sheets in a row at one point happy days indeed.

sreenshots of last season

final table

36461513vo4.jpg

cup final win!

79313701wg8.jpg

best result of season haha scum valencia

54616555fm7.jpg

anyways this is my team for the start of the second season any advice,tips etc would be great ive just got rid of all the **** and brought in veloso, piatti, rafinha and arias

team and tactics

83670746hh0.jpg

also would love to see everyone elses stories and teams etc etc with screenshots

HAPPY DAYS

Hi mate!

First of all I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Could you please send me or upload your tactic? Email: koronczai.kornel@upcmail.hu or kornel.koronczai@yara.com

Thank you in advance!

Sooooo let begin:

I finished first year with lots of goods won!

So let me begin : I started with 7 mil euros i bought Oscar Ustari , and Simon Vukcevic in the first transfer window.

i sold Seitaridis , Coupet ( because in 15 games he recived 13 gol's) , Maniche and Raul Garcia. I almoust lost Forlan to Real Madrid for 25 mil euros but the deal faild because of the end of transfer window.

Players IN in the second transfer window:

Fausto Rossi , Checu , and 2 more young players their name excapes me now.

So i won the Liga with 10 points ahead of Real Madrid and 12 of Barcelona.

Here i had some funny results first game of the season i played Valencia and won it with 1-0 with a gol from Banega.

Third game i had against Real Madrid and draw 1-1 and fourth game i had against Barcelona and won it with 4-2

In the Liga i draw only 3 games and didn't lose any game , draw with Valladoid 1-1 at home , with Real M 1-1 and with Getafe 2-2.

In the UCL i eliminated Fiorentina in the first round and qualified in the groups with Werder Bremen , Steaua Buc, and Chelsea.

First game against Steaua i won with 2-0 , second game against Werder i won 2-1 and third game at Chelsea i lost 3-1 after leading 55 minutes with 1-0. Then i played Steaua away and won 2-1 , and won at home with Chelsea with 3-0!! , last game against Werder i won with 2-1 with a goal in the 94 minute.

the qualified to play with Celtic and won bouth games , unfortunately i forgot who i played after celtic and im not at home now to post who , after i played Bayer Mun and won at home with 1-0 and played away a very interesting game , bayer opend the score in the 20 minute , bayer scored again in the 40 minute leading 2-0 af half break, second half begined and i scored (sinnama pongole) and bayer scored again , Aguero scored for me making the score 3-2 , but podolski scored again in the 87 minute and my dreams wore scaterd but in the 93 minute Banega scored a 40 yards and i was in the Final!!!

the final was against Barcelona and was a poor match , Camacho scored for me in the 7 minute and the game ended 1-0.

will keep posting

ah soory i meant to say how do i upload the tactic? with scrennshots? or is it a program or something.

You'll find the tactic in: Your Docs - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2009 - Tactics.

Use somewhere like Rapidshare to upload the tactic and post the link on here.

tell me how do i post screenshots and i will post too.

btw hoe much u payed for barzagli and is he better that zapata.

i am planing to buy cavani or rossi (villareal).

quality mate ya just press print screen on ya keyboard then paste in paint and save it as a jpeg file then all ya do is upload it onto rapidshare or sommet then copy and past the link happy days i got barzagli for 9-10 mill and hes a fooking legend mate like i said straight after i bought him i had 7 cleans sheets in a row which is good for me coz i concede like **** with my attacking tactics but all is good. ive never used zapata but he was wicked on the old one if its the dude frm udinese ya mean?

ty i will do that when i get home!

yeah id also love to see ya team and tactics mate sounds like ya doing awesome im starting to struggle in my second season currently 5th but i keep drawing like 3-3 when im 3-1 up etc haha HELP!!! i no the obvious choice wud be to sit back on 3-1 but its not my style also have a look at my tactics above from the screenshots and gis a hola where i can improve cheers

quality mate ya just press print screen on ya keyboard then paste in paint and save it as a jpeg file then all ya do is upload it onto rapidshare or sommet then copy and past the link happy days i got barzagli for 9-10 mill and hes a fooking legend mate like i said straight after i bought him i had 7 cleans sheets in a row which is good for me coz i concede like **** with my attacking tactics but all is good. ive never used zapata but he was wicked on the old one if its the dude frm udinese ya mean?

i meant use imagshack not rapidshare haha got confused there

if there are any problems tell me , i hope u guys like this tactic , if u want to make changes to it fell free to tell me also maybe we can inprove it

THX!!!

Could you reccomend some players? Do you use DMC or AMC? What about in 2nd season?

i use DMC as a MC , i ocasonaly use DMC when i pay away from home and my fitness of some players is low , and i use DMC again when i play away from home with a team that i consider has better tehniqal players than mine.

a good DMC is Masquerano , De rossi( AS ROMA) , and Banega because i think he has a killer shot.

Second season i will start it now .. still looking for some players i like to have always in the team 4 ST and i have Aguero, Forlan, Sinnama

(who i want to get rid of) ... can u guys recomend a good ST.

dan sima

Here, hope it helps:

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

i hope u can see the team, so here i go with the explications:

Oscar ustari - good GK but still young and some times he doesent focus to much

Pablo - very good CD he did good for me this season

Heitinga - same as pablo

Antonio Lopez - very very good WBL for me he did very good , good crosses for my ST and for the middelfilders

Ujfalusi - he is rather a DR than a WBR so i used him when i wanted to defend myself , he is very poor in the atack

David Santon - he camed at the half of the season but i love him , one bad thing he has , he hesitates to do crosses but he is very young 18 he will develop very good

Mariano Pernia - good player , very good when it comes to penalties

Simon Vukcevic - very very good ML and well as MC , i plyed him ML alot and he has very good and preciss crosses and very good shots on goal , scored 7 goals in 44 games , he was 10 time MoM for me!

Fausto Rossi - same good player as Vukcevic but he is very young and he has time to learn and develop

Ignaco Camacho - very good MC and DMC good shots at goal pity he injuries tu much

Ever Banega - i wanted to buyhim from Valencia because of the games he did for me , never injured , love him pity i dont have enough money to get him

Albin Ekdal - don't know what to say about him , he is young but he still has ALOT to learn , the board room and the fans don't like him but i hope he gets better , he scored what i needed to for me.

Raul Garcia - very very good MC don't let any teams buy him he doesen't score that much but he has a nice passing

Simao - has the moust assists in the team , camed as 3 player in the UCL very good player has a insane crossing

Maxi Rodrigues - has insane crossing and u can use him as a FC he is deadly on conter atacks

Chechu - nice player althout scouts told me he is a decent sining i liked him because he has a good dribling and good crossing

Sergio Aguero - THE BEST

Forlan - excelent player

Sinnama Pongole - dunno he didn't do that good for me , but he was there when i needed a striker

Thx for your info!

i hope u can see the team, so here i go with the explications:

Oscar ustari - good gk but still young and some times he doesent focus to much

pablo - very good cd he did good for me this season

heitinga - same as pablo

antonio lopez - very very good wbl for me he did very good , good crosses for my st and for the middelfilders

ujfalusi - he is rather a dr than a wbr so i used him when i wanted to defend myself , he is very poor in the atack

david santon - he camed at the half of the season but i love him , one bad thing he has , he hesitates to do crosses but he is very young 18 he will develop very good

mariano pernia - good player , very good when it comes to penalties

simon vukcevic - very very good ml and well as mc , i plyed him ml alot and he has very good and preciss crosses and very good shots on goal , scored 7 goals in 44 games , he was 10 time mom for me!

Fausto rossi - same good player as vukcevic but he is very young and he has time to learn and develop

ignaco camacho - very good mc and dmc good shots at goal pity he injuries tu much

ever banega - i wanted to buyhim from valencia because of the games he did for me , never injured , love him pity i dont have enough money to get him

albin ekdal - don't know what to say about him , he is young but he still has alot to learn , the board room and the fans don't like him but i hope he gets better , he scored what i needed to for me.

Raul garcia - very very good mc don't let any teams buy him he doesen't score that much but he has a nice passing

simao - has the moust assists in the team , camed as 3 player in the ucl very good player has a insane crossing

maxi rodrigues - has insane crossing and u can use him as a fc he is deadly on conter atacks

chechu - nice player althout scouts told me he is a decent sining i liked him because he has a good dribling and good crossing

sergio aguero - the best

forlan - excelent player

sinnama pongole - dunno he didn't do that good for me , but he was there when i needed a striker

i am with atl madrid and i did two friendlies: i won 12-0 and 13-0!! i sold maxi for 20M and bougth di maria for something like 7M and elano for 15M

in the first game camacho began to play in the 25 minute and he scored 4 goals and he got a 9.8 rating

yeah i want to get mucah richads for my second season , im thinking in selling maxi rodriguez also althout he is class player , i was chacking that Palombo guy looks very interesting , btw TONE in frendlies At Madrid rocks that spanish league and the cup gives u head ackes.

Btw did u tell u Real Madrid killed me with 2-1 in the Spanish cup Final , honestly my team played crap i got lucky to get only 2 goals. :p

Hello

I am Spanish and Athletico Madrid. Floor playing with Atleti to football manager. The tactic I use is a 4-4-2, but I did not go as well as to you. Miss media team matches with me and disposed of in the cup quarter-finals.

Anybody could post a tactic and player instruction for this team?

Thanks and forgiveness for my English.

Hello Atleti brothers i am playing with our great club also but i just started now you know i won tow friendlies so far 3-0 and 2-0 its great to see our shirts you know on the players 3d version i sold forlan cause he wanted to go so i sold him to the spurs i but quillo on the first team who already scored bought also gonzalo castro great player and william from brazil young offensive midfield also good one. its nice to see that alot share also the passion for such an illustrious club es our atleti also i signed i new contact with kun of course but camacho i am sure he will do fine also you know i hope a lot of him in this fm i hope i can use more players than grow in the club that why i kept quillo cause i think if you work hard on them they can do good. i play 4-1-2-2-1 and its very good you know but kun it away for the Olympics you know so i have to play without him sop far.

gk

dl

dr

cd

cd

dmc

mc

mc

aml

amr

st

What do you think about the 3d i like it its nice to see atleti score nice goals ;)

have a nice one companeros;)

Aupa Atleti

Archived