FM 2009: Offical lower league legends thread

jess boi

After seeing a few other small threads about players for lower divisions i thought it would be more helpful just to have one big thread about the quality players that can be signed for championship and below. So far, it looks like this year will be no different from the last finding hot prospects and sheer talent from obscure teams.

Could you please post in the following format:

Name:

Club:

Nationality:

Club brought for:

Value:

Purchase price:

Work permit required ( Yes, no, undecided)

It would also be helpful if you could post a screenshot

Ill start some off, some of these have been found by a couple of others so credit to them !

Name: Mascio

Club:Cisco Roma

Nationality:Italian

Club brought for: Peterborough and also managed to get him in league 2

Value: 20k

Purchase price: 28k

Work permit required: No

mascio.jpg

This guy blew me away!

Name: Carlos Tordoya

Club:Boliva

Nationality:Bolivian

Club brought for:Peterborough

Value:not sure, sorry

Purchase price: 85k!

Work permit required : No thank god , the guy is pure class

Screenshot:

carlostordoya.jpg

Name: Miguel Civasco

Club:Universitario

Nationality:Peru

Club brought for:Peterbrough

Value:30k

Purchase price:80k

Work permit required : No

miguelcivasco.jpg

Name: Marcos Caceres

Club:Racing

Nationality:Paraguay

Club brought for:Posh but run out of money

Value:100k

Purchase price:110k

Work permit required : No

marcoscacares.jpg

Im sure theres plenty more out there and hopefully this thread can be well used and very helpful for LLM, your Sherman Cardenas's are still out there!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came across Tordoyo and Caceres too. Cevasco is a great find!

Here are a few more signed for Leeds who all get w/p's (in some cases I have no idea how!)

Roberto Junior Fernandes. Amazing GK for £50k.

Celestine Babayaro, free.

Joaquin Botero. Bolivian international, yours for £110k!

Sebastian Abreu. Uruguayan international on a free.

Cristian Ledesma. Paraguayan who picks up his first cap at the beginning of the demo. Much more expensive at £450k.

Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo. Venezuelan youth for £2k.

Matias Lequi. Free at start, totally class. Filtered out by ass man but came.

Yes they are just spot on. The transfer system appears to have been tightened up as there is no immediate selling on of free transfers. But the likes of Babayaro and Abreu would raise useful cash if sold on when promoted to the Championship.

I wonder if the full game will give w/p's for these players?

yehh definetely im seeing changes in the transfer system, lets hope they dont make the workpermits stricter as at the moment i think weve got a massive advantage signing some of these players, they shouldnt actually because all of the changes listed for the releasing patch does not include anything about work permits! I think ive just found another four real prospects, will post them up as they come but for now another goalkeeper to choose from

Name: Omar Estrada

Club: LDU de Quito

Nationality: Ecuador

Value: cant remember, about 40k

Purchased for 80k

he looks immense and will definetely live up to lower championship to league 2 standard

Screenshot:

omarestrada.jpg

Name: Omar Estrada

Club: LDU de Quito

Nationality: Ecuador

Value: cant remember, about 40k

Purchased for 80k

he looks immense and will definetely live up to lower championship to league 2 standard

He looks the business! Keep them coming! I'm working on a few more and will post if I have any success in buying and with the w/p.

haha yeh what a legend, these players just keep coming at the moment, after searching for my old time favourite erik grendel his team mate caught my eye:

Name: Jan Zopotoka

Nationality: Slovakian so no work permit- but when do you need one :D

Club: Dubnica

Value: 30k

Purchased for: 170k but i could of gotten cheaper im sure

Screenshot:

janzapotoka.jpg

SOLID

ok check out this guy, mental stats are poor but does what all chileans do, attack!

Name: Anibal Carvallo

Nationality: Chile

Club: Colo Colo

I brought him for 200k but again could be brought cheaper

No workpermit required, even for a chilean!

Screenshot:

anibalcarvallo.jpg

Name: Anibal Carvallo

Nationality: Chile

Club: Colo Colo

I brought him for 200k but again could be brought cheaper

No workpermit required, even for a chilean!

I'm on the trial! Even for these bargains, I'm running out of cash. The restrictions on the players that you can sell (like 2/3 of leeds squad) because they are recent trnasfers means that i have not been able to generate much cash.

thats a shame, im saving before i sign them, sign them to view there stats then load up the game and try other players, im just using this peterborough game as a way of viewing these players :D Although i just played my first league game and didnt hate the 3d match engine for once

yess keep them coming mate! I know this is without so many players as well and if workpermits continue to be as easy as the demo there could be so many players to be discovered. :D Maybe my lucks ran out, 4 chileans just had their permits turned down, reality check lol I think at the moment theres very limited players we can find but from whats mentioned already those players could be a great help. If i remember reading rightly in real life work permits are given as to what they will offer the league and the country they are going into

If i remember reading rightly in real life work permits are given as to what they will offer the league and the country they are going into

That's interesting, didn't know that. Just had a w/p turned down for Franklin Salas, 26 caps for Ecuador and 26 years old; surprised me he din't get a permit.

A few more:

Omar Estrada as back up G/K, £45k and gets w/p.

Miguel Rebosio. Mid August and his value falls to £4k. 61 caps for Peru. Class bargain!

Darko Zec. £55k, looks better than last year too.

Marvin Andrews. Free.

Nik Omladic. Slovenian bargain, £35k. Class steal.

Add in the players mentioned previously - Fernandez, Tordoyo, Caceres, Abreu, Botero, Ledesma, Cevasco, Babayaro = walking league 1.

Excellent finds, my only issue has been a couple of excellent right backs/wing backs on the cheap. Babyaro being a steal at left back, I though Hatem Trabelsi for right back but he can't get a wp on my game!!

best i've got from my scouts with leeds is that I can sign Jorge Ribeiro the Benfica WBL for 210k loan fee, 2.1 mill later on!! Now if only i can get the 210k lol.

Name: seyfo soley

Club: free agent

Nationality: gambian

Club brought for: crewe

Purchase price: free

Work permit required : no (28 caps)

Name: brian murphy

Club: bohemians

Nationality: paddy

Club brought for: crewe (now my number one)

Purchase price: 18k

Work permit required: no

Name: juha hakola

Club:flora

Nationality: finnish

Club brought for:crewe (this boy looks like he'll be class)

Purchase price: 250k

Work permit required : no

good lad, thats a great price, well compared to what i payed for him ;D He definetely looks like a must buy IMO and some good stats in good areas

Have you looked at Marvin Angulo Borbon?

His value is decreasing in my game. Started off at £2M+ now in October 2008 he is valued at £475k. He currently has 2 caps, wonder if he would get w/p. In full game a transfer target for Jan 2009 I think.

Listed at £1k in early November, bid in!!

Bid accepted, Ass Man says "quality signing".

Bid in of £200k accepted ny Penarol for Christian Martinezez, Honduran Forward, 1 cap only. Again listed as "quality signing" by Ass Man. Just not sure where I can get the cash from!

keep up the great work guys! this is the best thread on here for us poor people that support non prem clubs!

im sheff wed, so only got 300k ish to spend , so some of these players are goin to help me out big time!

lets keep up the great finds once the full game is out next week too!

I think that I've just about reached the bottom of the barrel on what I can find from the demo. But here are a few more, I've marked recommended the "best buys":

Paulo Ribeiro. GK. £8k from Porto.

Ingvar Jonnson. GK. Free.

Elie Ikangu. DMC. Free.

David Moreno. AML (one for future) Free from Almeria.

Milos Djordjevic. AMC. Free from Wolfsburg - recommended.

Manu Gavilan. FC. Free form Betis.

Fuad Hyseni. ST. Free.

Mattis Nerheim. ST. Free.

Eoin Powderley. All left side positions. £1k from Kildare County.

Howard Beverland. FBR. £3K from Coleraine.

Finally, working on signing the following:

Umaro Bangura. AMC at Honefoss. Seria Leone international. Looking like a bid of £50k will secure him, but will he get a w/p? Recommended.

Binya. DMC at Benfica. Cameroonian international. Bid of £190k accepted as he is transfer listed. In for his w/p now. Recommended.

Will report back on last two on whether they get permits.

A few more:

Omar Estrada as back up G/K, £45k and gets w/p.

Miguel Rebosio. Mid August and his value falls to £4k. 61 caps for Peru. Class bargain!

Darko Zec. £55k, looks better than last year too.

Marvin Andrews. Free.

Nik Omladic. Slovenian bargain, £35k. Class steal.

Add in the players mentioned previously - Fernandez, Tordoyo, Caceres, Abreu, Botero, Ledesma, Cevasco, Babayaro = walking league 1.

Thanks for finding miguel rebosio, he's on a free at the start and will come to torquay in the conference.

Nicko i was just wondering did u have to sell alot of the current leeds squad to buy those players seeing as we only have 100k and if u did which ones ?

In the new transfer system it seems that you cannot sell players who have been with the club for under 12 months. The other thing is once you have set the value of a player and if you then decline a bid, for example because you think that you can get more for him, and then raise the asking price clubs will not offer at the second higher price. What this means is that you need to set the price at the best possible one at the outset because you do not get a 2nd chance. In the game I played I was not adventurous in setting prices, with the exception of Ankergren who gets interest from clubs like Betis and PSG. So in saying all that, here is who you can sell and when:

First transfer window.

Ankergren. Set asking price at £400K+.

Lucas.

Richardson.

Marques.

Huntingdon. Delay selling as his value goes up by £75k once transfer listed. When it goes up to £235K offer to clubs.

Prutton.

Wilkinson.

Douglas.

Parker.

Westlake.

Cartman.

Ovington.

Hotchkiss.

Hughes.

Howson. Again delay as value goes up to £325K once listed then offer to clubs.

Delph. Remains under rated on the game. He is better than on FM 08, but in IMO there is better out there and at the beginning of the game at Leeds £300K is a lot of money.

Beckford. Better out there and £400K is a lot.

Keep Elliott as he has good stats for a 17 year old.

This is a little radical but you can sell all these players and you need to get as much cash as possible for the players listed in the thread. All these players are much better than the current team.

List reserve team for loan and players like Gardner loan out. Take any loans as it reduces the wage bill.

January transfer window.

Towards the end of November clubs will become interested in 4 more players. These are:

Michalik. Set price to at least £600k as you will get it. Michalik is good, but Tordoya, Caceres and Lequi are MUCH better.

Johnson.

Sweeney.

Kilkenny. You may want to keep him though as his stats have been improved and I think that you can continue to use him, even with the players listed in the thread.

That's it. I'm assuming that come the following July, then the likes of Robinson, Becchio, Sheehan, Snodgross, Showunmi can be sold. Do not attempt to sell them before as you will not get any bidders.

Hope that this makes sense, just ask if not sure about what I've said.

Thanks for this yh it has made sence so all the players u have listed u think i should sell and the players u have listed before u think i should buy but should i buy someone like enyeama instead of ankergen and then maybe some other players to make sure i win league 1. Could you name the best players i should buy . thanks

Archived