Tirath's 10.3.1 Update

tiraths

Just wanted to do a quick update tomorrow to change some clearly wrong decisions by SI.

For example Zamora's injury, Increase Vermaelen's CA. I won't be making stupid/biased changes, just things which SI didn't quite get right.

Changes which I'm probably going to make:

Increase:

Song

Fletcher

Vermaelen

Zamora

Bowyer

Adam Johnson

Bellamy

Rooney's headers

Defoe

R Johnson

Scott Dann

Smalling's PA

KP Boateng

Victor Moses

Andy Carroll

Peter Lovenkrands

Carlton Cole

Higuain

Malouda

Pablo Hernandez

Ah ok. To be fair I missed the word 'Changes which I'm probably going to make'. It would be more helpful in the long run if you posted what errors you feel have been made in the data, along with detailed reasons and evidence, in the Data Issues forum.

That way we could attempt to iron out any potential errors for the next version of the game :)

I'd like to see where you think Lee Bowyer, Roger Johnson and Scott Dann are wrong.

I increased their attributes to where I, as the Birmingham City researcher, think they are - with the input from Head Researchers and Birmingham City fans. If you're not a Birmingham City fan, and haven't watched Birmingham City much this season then I'd ask that you don't edit them. You can't possibly know their ability levels without watching them week-in, week-out.

Perhaps, as MrDiCanio said, you should indicate where you think people have gone wrong. Not here, but on the Data Issues thread for the individual clubs so that you can assist the researchers and give your opinion (remember, the attributes aren't wrong, they're opinion).

Moses, Smalling and Boateng have also had increases already, as have several others on that list I'd imagine. You'll find most players should perform to a realistic level in game. Changing someone like Defoe for example will ruin the balance, he'd score far too many and be a regular for England.

Some players may have also had their consistency increased, which doesn't show up in game but would mean they perform better than they did on 10.2.0.

Here's a link to the Birmingham thread, so you don't even have to search.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153616&page=2

You'll see that, with input from Birmingham City supporters the attributes have been changed.

As Scoham mentions, some of the players mentioned have had consistency increases - Bowyer, Johnson and Dann are three of those players.

Smalling may have had an increase but his current potential ability is 145 from what I remember. Would Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson of tried to sign him for a fair amount of money for someone so unproven if they thought he didnt have more potential than that? Sure he may flop but you have to imagine he has the potential to be a lot better than 145....

Without thinking about it too much, there must be a fair few players both managers have signed that years later have PAs no more than 145. Smalling has been rated by the Fulham researcher based on what he thinks of him, you can't just give every young player moving to Man Utd or Arsenal a big PA because Ferguson or Wenger signed them.

there must be a fair few players both managers have signed that years later have PAs no more than 145.

I thought thats why you gave young players who have only a handful of first team games negative PA's? I cant imagine Ferguson or Wenger ever bought a player without thinking he could reach higher than 145 pa. Considering the Fulham researcher cant have seen him play first team football more than 10 times, I'd say a -8 would have been better than a set PA?

I thought thats why you gave young players who have only a handful of first team games negative PA's? I cant imagine Ferguson or Wenger ever bought a player without thinking he could reach higher than 145 pa. Considering the Fulham researcher cant have seen him play first team football more than 10 times, I'd say a -8 would have been better than a set PA?

John O'Shea

has PA 145, I believe.

John O'Shea

has PA 145, I believe.

Yes, but Ferguson picked up You-know-who on a free when he was 17. I'm pretty sure when he bought him he didn't have squad player in mind.

If you have given him a set PA after he'd played 3-4 games it would have been a mistake, because he had the potential to be better or worse than he has become, so should be represented in game.

Yes, but Ferguson picked up You-know-who on a free when he was 17. I'm pretty sure when he bought him he didn't have squad player in mind.

If you have given him a set PA after he'd played 3-4 games it would have been a mistake, because he had the potential to be better or worse than he has become, so should be represented in game.

If Smalling gets to you-know-who's level he should be a decent player, and because you-know-who's, er, capable of playing in multiple positions it's safe to say Smalling's attributes will be a little more concentrated in one position.

Dunno really... If Smalling gets to you-know-who's level of ability but concentrated in one position I'll be happy with a squad player, both in-game and in real life.

If Smalling gets to you-know-who's level he should be a decent player, and because you-know-who's, er, capable of playing in multiple positions it's safe to say Smalling's attributes will be a little more concentrated in one position.

Dunno really... If Smalling gets to you-know-who's level of ability but concentrated in one position I'll be happy with a squad player, both in-game and in real life.

Thats missing my point though.

Smalling might never get to O'Shea's level, he's pretty much promised to get to his level with that PA (I know people argue that they dont always reach their PA, but you can tutor basically anyone to have 20 determination, then with the facilities at Man Utd he's going t get within 2-3 of them), and it also rules out the possibility that he might surpass the Dark Lord, once again unfair to rule it out at this stage.

i still think he should have a negative PA, cos i don't think any one can judge him on 5-10 games and decieide his Pa is 145. come on his only 20. how can savio have a -PA or simon Kjear have a negative Pa when he is known world wide, every on has seen him play he should have a set PA

Vermaelen can't even hold down a regular place in my side, he should have a PA of at least 170 and some attacking stats should be around 10.

Isn't his Long Shots, the thing which strikes me most about him, around that value anyway?

Ben Greenhalgh (Winner of Football's Next Star) is still at Welling on 10.3. He should be at Inter now.

Yep i've put him in and increased a few stats which the coaches felt he had in the program

Ben Greenhalgh (Winner of Football's Next Star) is still at Welling on 10.3. He should be at Inter now.

The show was filmed last summer and he only signed a 6-month contract with Inter which ended December 31th. He was then released and joined Welling.

I think :p.

The show was filmed last summer and he only signed a 6-month contract with Inter which ended December 31th. He was then released and joined Welling.

I think :p.

really? It was a year contract though

Wikipedia doesn't know what's happening either :p

Archived