[FM10] Maidstone United - Will there be another Mag Man Jr.

mag man

Maidstone United

8325049.png

This is my 2nd year running using Maidstone United as part of dafuge's challenge, and my third year running having a save with this club. They are my home town club and so this adds a bit of extra enjoyment to the game. The game was started on the 10.1 patch.

Initial Manager Profile

Background from wikipedia

Maidstone United Football Club are an English football team from Maidstone, Kent.

The current club is a continuation of the old Maidstone United, former members of the Football League between 1989 and 1992, they were forced out of the league by financial ruin but the youth squad formed the nucleus of a new club. The 'Stones' were elected to the Kent County League Fourth Division in 1993 and have since progressed through the non-league pyramid.

The club currently play in the Isthmian League Premier Division. Maidstone have not had a stadium of their own in the county town since 1988. Despite having a recent bid to receive funding for a new stadium from the Football Foundation turned down, the club still aim to build a ground at James Whatman Way, raising funds through another grant scheme (hoped to bring in £150,000) and various fundraising initiatives.

If your interested in my FM09 career the thread can be found here.

I found it hard to get into this game for the first few seasons and hence some small updates, I am now however properly into it and so detailed updates can be expected for future seasons.

My first season was poor, I didnt enjoy it, had no funds and couldnt get any players I wanted in. It was a scrappy affair and I just managed to scrape enough points to avoid relegation finishing 19th.

2010/11 League Table - 19th

Second season was much the same, I rushed through it as quickly as possible and was on for a mid-table finish until I had an injury crisis and avoided relegation by a point.

2011/12 League Table - 19th

Third Season I had finally managed to get some players together and was becoming happier with the tactical aspects of the game. I went on to finish in 15th comfortably.

2012/13 League Table - 15th

Fourth season I had almost settled down on a tactic and should have probably made the playoffs, a late dip in form meant I dropped down to 10th.

2013/14 League Table - 10th

From now on there will be proper updates like I used to do in FM09.

Youth Player 1

Steve Muggleton DM,MC - 2012 Intake - Initial Profile

End of Season 1 Profile

End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

End of Season 9 Profile

End of Season 10 Profile

End of Season 11 Profile

End of Season 12 Profile

Other:

Club Vice-Captain

Club Captain

Record Appearances

Career Summary

Season   Club        League   Games   Goals   Assists   MoM   Av.Rating
12/13    Maidstone   BSS      41      1       1         1     6.80
13/14    Maidstone   BSS      42      1       7         0     6.89
14/15    Maidstone   BSS      47      2       5         0     7.01
15/16    Maidstone   BSP      48      2       4         1     6.87
16/17    Maidstone   BSP      42(2)   1       2         0     6.85
17/18    Maidstone   L2       38(2)   0       3         0     6.
18/19    Maidstone   L1       28(4)   1       1         0     6.
19/20    Maidstone   CCC      35(3)   0       3         0
20/21    Maidstone   Prem     31(1)   0       3         0     6.77
21/22    Maidstone   Prem     26(6)   2       5         0     6.91
22/23    Maidstone   Prem     10(5)   0       0         0     6.76
23/24    Maidstone   Prem     9(4)    0       4         0     6.85
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                         424     10      38        2

Medals:

FA Trophy 2016/17

BSP: 2016/17

League 2: 2017/18

League 1: 2018/19

Carling Cup: 2021/22, 2022/23

Champions League: 2022/23, 2023/24

European Super Cup: 2023/24

Club World Cup: 2023/24

FA Cup: 2023/24

Premier League: 2023/24

Good luck with Maidstone again mag man. Please replicate last year's success, trophy-wise and also youth-product wise. :p

Hope Mag Man III comes through your youth academy one day. ;)

Good luck. May it be an awesome career.. again !
Good luck mag man, I remember loving your career and youth products last year. :thup:

Thank you all for your messages. I have a league update coming over the next few days and an update on my youth player 1.

Maidstone Season 5 Update 2014/15 - Blue Square South

League Finish - 5th - League Table

A much better season for me this time, on my day was the best team in the league but my small squad held me back at times and injuries meant I could only finish in 5th place but it was good enough for the playoffs. A comfortable semi-final win put me through to the final where I had a nervy penalt shootout victory giving me promotion. It may be a bit early for promotion and I have a feeling I may struggle next year.

Screenshots:

Playoff Final

Squad

Transfer History

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Star Player - Ciaran McGarry

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners

First of all, beating St. Albans City in the play-off final makes you a bad person as far as I am concerned. :mad:

Second of all, financial control of 2! :eek:Financial Doping etc.! Tut tut! :p

In all seriousness though, well done on your promotion with the Stones!

EDIT - Are you playing 4-2-3-1 by the way? Your profile has the same formation as mine on my Carrarese save. The game seems to be very confused about reading that formation, calling it 4-2-2-1-1! :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Maidstone Season 6 Update 2015/16 - Blue Square Premier

League Finish - 10th - League Positions

My first season in a new league and it going to be a massive challenge, I also had to sell last seasons best player for next to nothing so that I could lower the wage bill and actually bring in some other players. I struggled for the first 30 odd games and was just hanging around above the relegation drop. This is when I had decided I had enough with the save and left it.

After a bit of time away I wanted to come back to Maidstone, I had spent my time at a better side studying the tactical aspect of the game and so was prepared to finish the season and get cracking with the next. My new approach really got the best out of my players and I managed 9 wins in a row, if only I had this form all season I would probably have won the league and definitely been involved in the play-offs. I finished 10th and have to build for the season, if I can keep the core of the squad together and add a few top players (striker who can score) I feel I can challenge for the league.

Squad

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Star Player - Youth Player 1

Career Overview:

BSP            2015/16   10th

Maidstone Season 7 Update 2016/17 - Blue Square Premier

Position - 1st

Predicted - 19th

League Table

League Positions

A great season and picking up the clubs first silverware under my management :cool:

I basically carried on as I finished the last season, my squad was far to strong for anyone else in the league and I also picked up a league 2 and league 1 scalp in the FA Cup before going out to Premier League side West Brom in the 3rd round. I also picked up the FA Trophy again comfortably beating everyone else I faced.

I also picked up the BSP record for most points.

I think I am ready to take on League 2 at my first attempt if I can add a few decent loan signings.

FA Trophy Final

Now on Favoured Personnel list

Star Player: Tom Craddock

Squad

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

BSP            2016/17   1st        Champions

• 1 month later...

Maidstone Season 8 Update 2017/18 - League 2

Position - 1st

League Table

League Positions

A much easier season than expected. I absolutely smashed the league to pieces dominating from start to finish. This was helped by the fact I had built up a pretty decent squad over the last few seasons and was finally able to get some decent players in on loan. I had a couple strikers who banged in a hat-full of goals and played a very attacking formation in every game.

Star Player: Roberto - On loan striker from Reading.

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        

Ok another update done....

Maidstone Season 9 Update 2018/19 - League 1

Position - 1st

League Table

League Positions

Wow another consecutive promotion \o/ I think the signing of my star player was massive, I found him on a free and he was willing to come, he was probably the best striker in the league and was an absolute steal. I also picked up a couple ageing players which gave my squad some good experience that was needed, I think they key to my success is spending all season scouting and building a shortlist for the upcoming summer. The ability to scout in France and loan better quality players has proved to be useful again

I was also named a Maidstone legend :cool: and even better news the board annouce a new stadium was to be constructed and completed in 2 years time.

Star Player: Luis Alexandre

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Career Overview:

League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy

Yeha I was pretty confident going into league 1 :p I got all the players I wanted in the summer and had beaten some league 1 teams in the cups. I also won the Johnstones Paint Trophy against Blackburn which I forgot to include in my write up.

Maidstone Season 10 Update 2019/20 - The Championship

Position - 6th

League Table

League Positions

So my first challenging season for some time, I got in some good players on a free and some good loans, I have still never paid a transfer fee for a player :D

I took some absolute hammerings this season from some of the bigger sides but sneaked a lot of 1-0 wins against the rest of the league and a late run of form saw me into the playoffs. I wanted to avoid Newcastle, they had hammered me twice and was drawn with Nottingham Forest a team I had recently beaten to get into the playoffs.

Semi Final 1st Leg - A comfortbale win but I hope the away goal wasnt going to haunt me, they play a strange formation which suits my style of play.

Semi Final 2nd Leg - Lost the game but did enough to see myself through to the final

The Final - was against an Oldham team who had beaten me and then I drew against, I was glad they had beaten Newcastle and was the form team going into the game. A goal in the 1st half gave me a good lead but they came back strong, I held in and nicked a very late goal at the death to put Maidstone into the top flight.

I probably have gone up a year earlier than I would like mainly because my stadium isnt finished and I dont really have any money, my current wage bill is about £20k (£7k over budget :D) so am hoping for a big boost to compete. I have a very good shortlist as all season I have been able to scout in Europe.

Star Player: Luis Alexandre

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners

Youth Player Update for Youth Player 1 in post #5 is updated.

Manager Review

A good championship season for him and I wonder if he can make the step-up to the Premier League, if he can he will be a massive Maidstone legend in my eyes and he's achievement almost better than my son from the previous version (especially if he can stay long enough to win a top medal or two)

Unbelievable progression through the leagues mag man :eek::thup:

Great that Muggleton has been there since the BSS as well. I'm sure you can at least keep him on rotation in the top flight ;)

Muggleton has really surprised me, I have never really had a decent DM to compete with him so he has always played. Not had a single youth product get near the 1st team since him.

You've made the last few seasons look very easy.

Cheers, as I mentioned in my updates I think its down to scouting all season just so that I can really improve my squad. I also only sign players who can play in my system rather than getting the best players and having to change system.

Maidstone Season 11 Update 2020/21 - The Premier League

Media Prediction - 20th

Position - 9th

League Table

League Positions

A decent first season in the league, I had some decent players come in from Spain very cheap.Again the pre-summer scouting worked a treat and I was able to get some talent in. I have also sounded out some players that I need to bring in over the summer which I think will take me to the next level. A poor update from me as I have already played the next season and am a bit behind.

Star Player: Antonio - Wow, striker on loan from Real Madrid and top scorer in the league. Managed to pick him up from Madrid for £1.7m at the end of the season :cool:

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
Premiership    2020/21   9th

Maidstone Season 12 Update 2021/22 - The Premier League

Media Prediction - 12th

Position - 4th

League Table

League Positions

My first top level silverware and a top 4 finish is more than I could have expected from this season. The Carling cup run was fairly comfortable and ended with a 2-0 win over Aston Villa in the final, this guaranteed me European football and I just had to finish the league campaign off well.

All season I was hovering around the top 4 and a solid run of form after the cup win pushed me into the top 4 giving me champions league football :cool: I was hoping this would give me a good rep boost so that I could attract a few top players to my club in the summer, the extra money was very welcome.

I have a very young squad as can be seen in the following two screen-shots: Top two position in Young Player of the Year and the domination of young player of the month awards.

Star Player: Ramon - A big money purchase for me in central midfield, did not disappoint with plenty of goals and assists.

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview: