EKFC™ presents 'The Ultimate Gaffer' - FM2010 challenge to thrill, test and travel!

TheUltimateGaffer.jpg

Background

So, you stand (or sit) here today, reading this notice, thinking.... mmm.... 'I can be the manager of all managers. I can be the one. But really, is there any point doing it without documenting my progress?' In truth... no their isn't.

Football Manager is in my humble opinion, the best football management simulator on the market, so, why not make your experience and realistic, as testing, and fun as possible? Well, I am happy to announce, I have the ultimate solution.

Credit to Dafuge for his wonder challenge. Others who come close are Gundo, rancer890, iacovone and many more which I could list for an eternity. However, can we finally be the challenge which threatens Dafuge's legacy?

...... Probably not.

But HEY! It's worth a pop, right?

Anyway, enough with me gargling on about irrelevant garbage, you want to know what this challenge is about right? Back we revert to how I started...

Your reading this notice, as a retired semi-professional footballer, who is unhappy at how his playing career ended. You feel you could have been the next Zinedene Zidane (minus the headbutt), or the future Rivaldo. But... well... you watched yourself age and grow older, and slowly your dream faded away.

However, this my friend, is your lifeline.

EX-PLAYERS WANTED FOR MANAGEMENT RECRUITMENT SCHEME

Can you be the Ultimate Gaffer?

Weird place for us to put our catchline(s), but it's effective and catches your eye, am I right?!

Well, YOUR and ex-player - not a very successful one but still - and YOU believe you can be the ultimate gaffer! Surely this makes you the ideal candidate?

Oh dear. Then you take a glance at the registrar...

Vinny Jones

Andrew Cole

Sir Elton John (hey, for the purpose of the challenge, he played a bit here and there...!)

etc, you get the point.

You have neither the money, or fame of any of the enlisted applicants. So off you go, to give up on yet another dream.

However, just as you go to step away, you get a spark of life come upon yourself, it says... mmm... 'Do it boy! No, your not dreaming, GET A PEN, AND SIGN THAT DAMNED LIST! I am your guardian angel.'

You gather the pen, and hesitantly sign your initials.

From this day forward, you are an unemployed, retired semi-professional footballer, who has no personal assets, and is willing to take any job he is offered. Well, depending on your personal preference of course!

Guidelines

Create a new game on Football Manager 10, version 10.2, and load up using the most recently updated database which I believe is '10.0.2 Update'.

Nations to be loaded are:

ENGLAND (Premiership to League Two) May load all league if wanted, these are the minimums for each nation

FRANCE (Ligue One to Ligue Two) May load all league if wanted, these are the minimums for each nation

ITALY (Serie A to Serie B) May load all league if wanted, these are the minimums for each nation

GERMANY (First Division to Second Division) May load all league if wanted, these are the minimums for each nation

SPAIN (Liga BBVA to Liga adelante) May load all league if wanted, these are the minimums for each nation

ONE INDIVIDUAL CHOICE (FULLY LOADED) May load all league if wanted, these are the minimums for each nation

These are compulsory. You are then allowed to add one more nation of your own choice. It is recommended you load all leagues for these nations, however, if your computer does not have the required firepower, then you may cut the divisions slightly shorter, however, the MUST HAVE requirements are above in brackets, these are bare minimums.

Untick 'Add New Key Staff'

Your start date must be July 2009, aka, England's.

I personally will be using a Large Database, edited to LOAD all 'Players Based in England' and then, 'Players from Top Clubs' in each of the regions. I feel it gives a better gaming experience, but obviously not everyone has the processor to run with these high settings, which is fine, as you can run it with whichever size you want.

Create a new manager, the details are your choice, however, it is compulsory to set previous experience to: 'SEMI-PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER'.

You MUST then start 'UNEMPLOYED', and will get your first job by offers, and applications to clubs.

The aim of the challenge is to win the Domestic trophies in each of the loaded nations at least once, and to win Continental trophies at least once. The Continental trophy does not have to be won all with the same team, for example you can win the Europa League with Crystal Palace, and win the Champions League with Arsenal. As long as you have won all of the trophies once, you are an 'Ultimate Gaffer'.

ONCE STARTED, YOU MUST POST A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR MANAGER PROFILE TO VERIFY YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR MANAGER CORRECTLY.

To post screenshots:

.print screen what you want your image to be

.open paint

.paste the image into paint

.save as (whatever you want to name it)

.upload it to such websites as photobucket(making sure the album is public)

.if using photobucket, copy the direct link

.when posting to thread, click on the insert link icon below the smily icon and paste the url in there and click ok

.should come up with a really long code, which is one thing repeated twice

.(optional)replace the second of it with whatever you want to call it, between the ']' and '[/url]'

.post

-------------------------------

Sincere regards, and good luck on your journey

Jake (Fudger) and Joe (TheMightyDuck08)

Oh, and finally, as an 'experiment' me and Joe will be doing this challenge together, in a network game. It will certainly play out as an interesting rivalry as to who can complete it first, with us both battling for trophies!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Username             Trophies won    (League Titles)   (Cup Titles)   Clubs Managed

thezogsageordie           2                 2                0              1
CaptainStarbuster         2                 1                1              3
ironbluey                 1                 1                0              1
Fudger                    0                 0                0              2
TheMightyDuck08           0                 0                0              2          
elliotick                 0                 0                0              4
Doiggy_2007               0                 0                0              1         
HarryS                    0                 0                0              1        
Greasy Chip Butty         0                 0                0              1
AtilasMiserly             0                 0                0              1                   
19992008                  0                 0                0              1
Darth Dov                 0                 0                0              1
MattFergie                0                 0                0              1
andylincoln               0                 0                0              1
MattFergie                0                 0                0              1
brettney1980              0                 0                0              1
paul _reiid               0                 0                0              1
leavingtrain              0                 0                0              1
Almondo                   0                 0                0              1
apchivers                 0                 0                0              1
Blackmama                 0                 0                0              1
Yordan Letchkov           0                 0                0              1
Zambo01                   0                 0                0              1
speni194                  0                 0                0              1
am i lost                 0                 0                0              1

Alistair Leslie Graham expresses interest in management

Previous Sunday League Footballer, Alistair Leslie Graham, has entered the fray of Football Management. Commonly referred to as 'Ali G' is well known in his home town for being loud mouthed, full-on, and 'respected'.

Manager Profile

And so it begins. Joe will post his up sometime soon. Sorry about the lack of originality in the actually breakdown of the challenge, however, I scanned the forums... couldn't find anything of similarity for Football Manager 2010, so felt like giving it a go! Good luck all. I hope to hear from you on progress soon. For now, i'm in need of a job!

Mr. Selecta Thinks Management Would Be Pretty Bo!

Bo Selecta Profile

Experience Proof

Today marks the day, that a certain Bo Selecta prepares to indulge himself into the world of management. Here's what he had to say:

"Yeah thought i'd try management like, seeing that pansy man prancing about calling himself 'The Special One' who'd he think he is, thats what I thought. So like, it'd be pretty bo, to show that pansy whos boss round ere, init."

Only God knows how the world of football is going to react to such a...extrovert. However, surely a personality like this cannot stick around in football for long, can he???

Just as a quick update, we have decided to amend the original rules, so you have to have a previous reputation of Semi-Professional footballer. It will make it that tad bit easier with job applications, as we are around November, and still have had no luck :)

FC%20Cape%20Town.gif

FC Cape Town approach, and employ novice Mr G

Today, October 31st 2009, marks the day Mr Ali G, member of the MRS (Management Recruitment Scheme) took over at his first club... mildly successful FC Cape Town, the team on the verge of hitting the 'big time'. In a slight rush, we managed to catch up to Ali G, and this is what he had to say:

"Oi Oi paparazzi, I'm thrilled to be here, and being half South African, I feel at home. Let's hope I can continue their already great form, and bring them to the top of domestic football innit."

Quite the sort... isn't he.

I'm surprised FM let you start the game with Sunday League Reputation, with that reputation it's hard to get a job until the winter period, and even then it's only going to be with a BSS/BSN club.

Yeah, well I mean to prevent not only ourselves, but also others from frustration, we felt it is was suitable to raise the reputation bar slightly :) It's still not going to give you an easy ride to the challenge, just saves un-needy time constantly applying and being knocked back.

Im Sorry, i forgot to put my name as a famous ex-footballer :s Does this matter hope not as i have my first manager position, the glorious Shrewsbury Town.

Oh no, that's fine mate. The name you choose is completely optional. We only chose Ali G and Bo Selecta purely as a laugh. Just for others too, your manager name is completely your choice :)

Yeah, I'll give this a go, why not. Semi-Pro? Have to load all those leagues, do you HAVE to load another league or what? Can I just load a top division of another country? Will make my game a bit faster.

I mean this challenge is very flexible, and the overall leaderboard is based on how many domestic trophies you have won, and continental trophies etc. So, the additional league is optional, however, as with anything, adding it will give a better long term gameplay experience. But if it is going to restrict gameplay speeds, feel free to not choose an additional league. I'll add you to the leaderboard.

I'll add another league, just only the top league, can I stay at one team for as long as I like? No restrictions on time spent at one club, no?

No restrictions. That's what I like the most about my challenge idea, you basically live a career. You stay for as long as you like, or, as long as you can (sacking etc), and then move on afterwards. It's not like the other challenges where you take one team, and stick with them, you have as much freedom as you like.

Am thinking of doing this one as well. Like the idea of moving around instead of staying still.

EDIT: Are the domestic cups in the extra country we choose counted in our totals? So for example, if I added Scotland and won the Scottish Premier League, would that count? Do the lower leagues count if you win them? What about the lower league cup competitions, i.e. Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

add me to list please will post profile pic after :) and is it ok if i take-out germany?

I mean if you take out Germany, it would be advised to replace it with another country. However, if it is for computer processing reasons, its fine. Ill add you now :)

Am thinking of doing this one as well. Like the idea of moving around instead of staying still.

Feel free matey, the more the merrier :) I also like the freedom of movement between clubs, it gives a better variety in my opinion. And, in a way you still get the 'small to big' aspect in manager reputation.

yeah its compute it reccomends not having more than 20000 players and im on 20000 with france, italy, spain and england so ive only got 4 countries running

Yeah but bare in mind the recommended is the bare minimum. Four countries is very slim. Try using a smaller database.

EDIT: Are the domestic cups in the extra country we choose counted in our totals? So for example, if I added Scotland and won the Scottish Premier League, would that count? Do the lower leagues count if you win them? What about the lower league cup competitions, i.e. Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

1. Yes, the domestic cups in the extra country count towards the totals.

2. The lower leagues do indeed count.

3. Lower League Competitions do also count.

I'd just like to add, I will soon be updating the 'slim' leaderboard with new columns etc, e.g. with League Titles, Cup Wins, etc.

Just to add, if you are going to start, let me know, and i'll add you to the leaderboard :)

Another question: does your first club have to be English? I could apply to Clyde in Scotland because I have Scotland as my extra country pick.

I'm definitely doing it.

You can start with whichever club you like, a good example is myself, I started with FC Cape Town... and am still with them :)

I look forward to hearing your progress.

Haha, keep on applying to the clubs, you will find one eventually :) I was actually originally looking for a South African club to start my journey, seeing as it is my personal nation. Took me until the end of October to find the one which would accept me, and hey-ho, 7 games in, ... 7 draws, and i'm surprisingly loving it. Unbeaten... but yet to win.

Here is my starting profile anyway whilst I look for a job.

Unemployable?

Okey dokey matey, any chance you could take a screenshot of your 'Personal' section in the manager profile as Joe (TheMightyDuck08) demonstrated above? Would be a great hand, oh, and good luck on your journey.

@ HarryS: Awesome, good luck hunting for a good!

@ Greasy Chip Butty: Haha, nice one, i'm not going asleep until i'm satisfied with my form. I came to the club when they were top, and haven't won a game. Just draw after draw.

Do you lose points or anything if you manage an insane amount of clubs?

I hate my job already. Bradford can't score. I won my first game, but haven't won since. Gah.

Nope, no points are lost for moving around.

at least your at a club its taking ages i wish someone would get sacked

I found upon hitting the end of October, and the start of November, jobs start to come available. I recommend you 'Dreclare Interest' in any clubs you like the look of which are 'Insecure' etc.

Archived