FC United of Manchester- The real United!

Gardner SAFC

Important: To play as FC united, you have to download this. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159082

zxplhe.png

25pgzmg.jpg

This badge is your badge

This badge is my badge

Three flags and three sails

Oh what a fine badge

They tried to take it

But we replaced it

On the shirts of united fc!!

Football Club United of Manchester (FC United of Manchester, FC United, FCUoM or FCUM for short) is a semi-professional English football club based in Bury and currently playing in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, the 7th tier of league football. The club was formed in 2005 by Manchester United supporters following Malcolm Glazer's controversial takeover which led to hundreds of supporters defecting from the club. They are affectionately referred to as "The Red Rebels".

FC united have been promoted three times in a row, can you make it four?

The future

In November 2006 at the club's Annual General Meeting, the club outlined bold aspirations for the forthcoming six years[17] including:

• winning promotion in three successive seasons to take them to Conference North by 2009. (The goal of three successive promotions was completed, however due to league restructuring, F.C. United have to be promoted one more time to reach Conference North.)
  • reaching an average of 5,000 supporters per home game by 2009.
  • building their own 7,000 - 10,000 capacity stadium, as central to Greater Manchester as possible, by 2012.
  • developing their own training facilities by 2009.

Team

GK Sam Ashton

GK Grant Shenton

DF Dave Chadwick (Captain)

DF Simon Garner

DF Ben Morris

DF Rob Nugent

DF Danny Stott

DF Nick Swirad

DF Adam Tong

DF Danny Warrender

MF John Buckley

MF Adam Carden

MF Simon Carden

MF Ludovic Quistin

MF Jake Cottrell

MF Tunji Moses

MF Carlos Roca

MF Sean Williams

MF Jerome Wright

FW Ben Deegan

FW Abdi Ibrahim

FW Carl Lomax

FW Jamie Mack

FW Phil Marsh

FW Danny Williams

Why is Old trafford so quiet?

Because this is were the atmosphere is, at Gigg lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ZE1g68M38

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Arriki for free, a very quick Ghanian striker, in my save with FC United, and he seems promising. He only played 9 games so far, but managed to bag 6 goals and make 2 assists.

Great thread Gardner, it encouraged me to start a game with these lads:)

• 3 months later...

Bump.......Started my final game for 10.3 With FCUM...being a member aswell of this team thought id give them ago.....its a long term save ive been wanting to start and plan on making them the biggest threat in english football......as i begin my journey now ...ill post SS of my progress

Won 1st play-off final 2-0 .........then to play off final 0-2 down 20mins to go.......OVERLOAD....i threw every1 forward even the gk for corners lol.....roca scored a awesome free kick and wright scored another from long range....went to penaltys 3-2 it was with ASHTON saving 3......football league he i come

so far in the league im sitting 1st after 18 games.....still no players signed but there on there way.....saving as much as i can

I am playing with FC United in season 2014/2015 after spells with Bishop's Stortford and King's Lynn. Have taken them into the Blue Square Premier and hope (but doubt) to take them all the way to the Premier League. Hopefully we will eventually get our own stadium, we currently play at Bury's Gigg Lane.

I have been looking in the Skinning hideout but have no idea how to import the clubs real badge and kits into my game. Has anyone managed it? I have found a website that has the kits and a Config file but cant seem to get it working.

Thanks in advance

ive finished my 2nd season after promotion to BSN ive finshed 3rd.....won my 1st play off final vs oxford 1-0 and 1-1 over 2 legs....and playing Stalybridge in Play Off Final as i type this just to say my big signing for the year has just made it 1-1 in the 75th min Danny Crowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ......gett innnnn.......more to follow

Have started a save with FCUM, WITHOUT using the Super Bladesman update! Just holidayed 'til the day before league reset day, then kept loading, holidaying for one day, retiring, add new manager, and checking who came up until FCUM did. Took around 2 hours but now I can play as them without messing up the FA cup and other stuff that the update changes :)

FCUM came up with no backroom staff at all, most players contracts expired/expiring, and the board wants mid-table and the bookies have put us at 5-1 for promotion. Media predict 18th, which is a bit more in line with what I thought would be realistic... I've signed a Northern-Irish Ass-Man, and I've got an ad placed for a coach and a scout. A good season would be consolidation in this league, and preparing the squad for a promotion push next season.

I'm in league 2. This thread is dead :(

Firstly, well done, keep up the good work. Secondly, I've just started, so hopefully I'll be able to liven things up for you lol.

Looking to bring a fair few players in on loan, but going to try to not spend a penny until league two atleast.

Thanks Phenomenon! Tbh I didn't make many loans, my Asst and scouts found me loads of good frees... I'm playing LLM way anyway :)

Mini update:

I'm in L1!!!

l2table.png

Scoring goals was a massive issue, as the table shows. Ended up with loads of draws :( Conceded the least in the league though :cool:

Got a couple of ex-players in the back room, Viduka as a coach, and Kieron Dyer as a scout!

Nice going, should be well on your way to premiership glory before long. I, on the other hand, am still back in 'English Northen Premier League Premier Division'.. haha, who's the hell named that.

Anyway, small update as to how I'm getting on.

Click here to see the league table.

So yeah, sitting in second, which I'm happy with because I'm potentially first. Had an awful start, but now things are kicking and I think the team has won the last 8 league games, on a win streak of 14 games in all comps. Just gonna keep plugging away. Haven't signed anyone for cash, just frees and about 4 strikers on loan.

ive taken a break from my FCUM game after that last game shat me rite off....... the reason why stadium is so big cause its wembley and its the play off final .....and the logo of fcum its logos from fm 2009 and i got it from sortitoutsi forums

Nice going, should be well on your way to premiership glory before long. I, on the other hand, am still back in 'English Northen Premier League Premier Division'.. haha, who's the hell named that.

I started in the BSN, I didn't need to load SB's League system update, so I have the normal FA Cup and stuff :D

Mini update:

2013/14, February. Sitting 2nd in L1 after 30 games, 1 point behind leaders Southend, and 3 in front of 3rd placed Carlisle. In the final of the JPT. Just signed Alassane Plea from Lyon on a free. He's come in for the injured John Guidetti, and scored 3 in 2 apps so far :)

Okay another update from me. Got myself out of the 'English Northen Premier League Premier Division' via the play offs. Deserved to go up anyway based on league position and points. Probably could have won the league but I had poor results everytime I played Kendal who finished top. I won the Northern League Challenge cup, Was knocked out in the FA trophy first round to Oxford, and got knocked out of the FA cup in the 4th qualifying round to Maidstone.

Completely revamped the squad the for Blue Square North season, in a hope that I can get promoted again. I'm over my wage budget by almost 2k because of this, but it's worth it so far as I'm sitting in 2nd after 6 games or so. Screen shots of everything below.

Final League Table

Play Off Final

Northern League Challange Cup Final

Current Squad

For anyone reading this that's not already playing as FCUM, give it a go, it's revived my interest in FM10.

I started a game last night, top in September, not on but I signed a couple of quality players who I'll post if I go back on, my issue was everytime there was an FA Cup round, due to the amount of teams, took forever to get to the next day, so don't know how far I can go with the save before I throw my laptop out the window.

I started a game last night, top in September, not on but I signed a couple of quality players who I'll post if I go back on, my issue was everytime there was an FA Cup round, due to the amount of teams, took forever to get to the next day, so don't know how far I can go with the save before I throw my laptop out the window.

I know the feeling, I can handle it at the moment because while it's loading I just watch the snooker, but I can see it why you'd find it annoying. When you're on, post up those players, I'm interested to see what sorta quality you managed to bring in.

For anyone reading this that's not already playing as FCUM, give it a go, it's revived my interest in FM10.

Same here, this is the longest save I've had so far, and no sign of losing interest either :)

I'm in the Playoff final! I was top of L1 at one point, but too many draws cost me automatic promotion and if it wasn't for a positive outcome in the last couple of games, could have missed the playoffs too. Beat Watford 4-3 on aggregate in the semi, a 3-1 win at home followed by a 2-1 defeat away. Walsall beat Crystal Palace in the other Semi, so they'll be my Wembley opponents. Have already been to Wembley this season, winning the JPT final :cool:

And I've still got Sam Ashton in goal!

I have all scottish players loaded so perhaps why?

Yeah that'd probably be it. I have large database but no extra leagues loaded.

Promoted :cool:

Drew 1-1 aet, won 4-3 on penalties!

Here's my Top Galscorer winner... Should be ok for the CCC and with development, the Premiership too:

Nice work, one promotion away from being where you want to be. He looks good mate, and I agree that with a bit more guidance, he could do a job in the prem for you.

I am just about to start myself a save with these, are there any good players i should be looking out for?

P.s Where did you download the kit for these Tactical Genius?

If I were you, I'd look to loan the best players you can convince to come to the club. I loaned a guy called Ben marshall from stoke, and he was a revelation, so I loaned him again for the BSN season I'm in now. Ryan Taylor from Rotheram was also a good loan for me, and so was Tom Denton from Huddersfield.

If I were you, I'd look to loan the best players you can convince to come to the club. I loaned a guy called Ben marshall from stoke, and he was a revelation, so I loaned him again for the BSN season I'm in now. Ryan Taylor from Rotheram was also a good loan for me, and so was Tom Denton from Huddersfield.

There's an old kit pack from FM09 at FM-Base, and that's where I got it. The kits are last season's though.

FC United 2008/09 kit pack:

http://rapidshare.com/files/378486375/Graphics.rar

unzip and place in:

start/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2010/

and if you already have other graphics files, place the kits folder in that, and if you already have a kits folder, place the FCUM folder in there. In game go to Preferences, display and sound: untick skin cache, tick reload on confirm.

Archived