Neven Subotic

Pretty sure I did over-pay...but I had a £52m budget(adjustable to £70m+) and the team is pretty much as I want it...Dont want to go out and buy the title...Want to acheive it with the core of players already at the club when I got there...Just felt a needed a little more strength in depth if I was going to go from top 4 to outright winners

You say his stats will go back?...I sure hope so...He doesnt look half the player I bought...He averaged 7.66 for Marseille in 26 games...He was an all around great defender that just lacked pace...I planned to play him alongside my short and fast defender with Subotic set to stopper and my quicky set to cover

I got him at the start of season 2 for 10mil at West Ham. Played 29 games and averaged 6.82 which aint bad for a team in only 10th place. He dominates in the air.

I tweeked his training manually and aint seen much improvement in stats, they are a little below yours but hes a year behind.

I think hes a good player for mid prem teams who cant get the very TOP defenders to come.

My coaches rate him and say hes an important player. He may improve.

I got him at the start of season 2 for 10mil at West Ham. Played 29 games and averaged 6.82 which aint bad for a team in only 10th place. He dominates in the air.

I tweeked his training manually and aint seen much improvement in stats, they are a little below yours but hes a year behind.

I think hes a good player for mid prem teams who cant get the very TOP defenders to come.

My coaches rate him and say hes an important player. He may improve.

I was negotiating 2 deals at the time...one for this guy and a £14m deal for Zapata...I decided that if I signed Zapata then i would end up dropping Curtis Davies to the bench and I didnt want to do that...So I paid the extra for this guy and planned to rotate or partner him with davies

Thing is he was averaging 7.66 for Marseilles, so I think I got blinded by those stats

Has pretty poor mental stats at the beginning don't he?

I am just about to sign him for Sunderland for £8.2m.

Not entirely sure he is worth it though, any quick advice would be great :D as I have delayed it a week.

I got him on a free with Portsmouth on fm09 and I never really rated him, he never performed that well with ratings never in the 7's. Personally I prefered Felipe and Shawcross in the centre of defence with Cedric Mongongu as back up.

However I haven't played with him in fm10, so he might be better.

boomheadshot, I wasn't under the impression that he was going to develop anymore as I brought im in the 5th season and it looked like he had reached his full potential, I could be the wrong, but that is the impression I was getting from his performances.

I still think he is a good defender, but might need a little more time to develop than would be available at a top 4 club. Perhaps if I got him earlier he might be better. However in my game Ryan Shawcross was a beast and Felipe was a good commander of my defence. I might give him another chance in fm10 cos he does look like he can come good.

Hes coming good for me at West Ham towards the end of season two.

His stats have not yet improved much but he is classed as an impotant team member by coaches and is hittiing an average of over 7. Every now and then he performs less well but hes still relatively young and my West ham team is very average still (No Budget/Cash)

I think he was well worth the 10mil i paid over 48 months because he was definately the best defender I could get with West Hams in game reputation.

EDIT::: He dominates in the air and I play him alongside Otamendi (sp?) who is small. Seems a good partnership.

Hes coming good for me at West Ham towards the end of season two.

His stats have not yet improved much but he is classed as an impotant team member by coaches and is hittiing an average of over 7. Every now and then he performs less well but hes still relatively young and my West ham team is very average still (No Budget/Cash)

I think he was well worth the 10mil i paid over 48 months because he was definately the best defender I could get with West Hams in game reputation.

EDIT::: He dominates in the air and I play him alongside Otamendi (sp?) who is small. Seems a good partnership.

Set 1 Subotic to stopper and Otamendi as cover and you have it made

Archived