FM 10 Official Rangers FC Thread

Helpless

Rangers.png

The Gers, The Teddy Bears

Ibrox Stadium

The Problem

Transfer Budget £0

I have now gone through to September on three different occasions as Rangers. Each time I have automatically qualified for the Champions League and my bank balance raises to about £15m. Although even with this and waiting till the last day of the transfer window, the board will still not release any funds. Your stuck to either break up the team and gain some funds or survive with what you have.

The Team

Goalkeepers

I think that you are well covered with your two choices of Allan McGregor and Neil Alexander. It is totally up to you whether you decide to take McGregor's off pitch antics last season into count, but it does look as if Walter Smith has forgiven McGregor so I am sure we can to.

Defence

Overall the defence is quite strong for the SPL. A line up of Whittiker, Weir, Bougherra, Papac would be the first choice instantly. In reserve I would choose Broadfoot, Wilson, McCulloch, Smith. It could be that it is to early for Wilson or that Weir is to old now but with the lack of funds we have to make do with what we have.

Midfield

Again as with the defence the team almost picks itself in case of the first XI. Davis, Mendes, Thomson, Rothen - would be my instant pick. Backing up with Novo, Edu, McCulloch, Lafferty. I am using McCulloch again as to show his flexibility and it should not be under estimated how much he will actually come in to use in the season. Novo and Edu do start injured and youngsters will have to be used untill they are fit.

Attack

Boyd, Miller, Fleck, Naismith. Rotate the four to find your best solution.

Options

I can't see an option to recall Webster for the defence so Wilson really will have to stay in the first team.

Beasley is added back up in midfield and the only other player that could be considered first team that has not been mentioned.

Youngsters with options to come up to cover the worse of injury crisis would be Little in defence, Ness in midfield although maybe sending him out on loan would be a better option and hoping not to be covered to bad and Campbell up front. Not ideal but with the boards unwillingness to give any funds possibly the only option.

The main two players that you will receive bids for are Thomson and Bougherra for c.£3.5m each. It is upto you whether to sell and maybe it will give you the chance to bring in your own players.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trophyroom.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFPv-nkMe2LL2p3D9EK9Mf8DdAIdw

Rangers FC Records for FM10

All records must be proven by a screenshot and without use of editing. More will be added through time

Biggest Win

Biggest win over Celtic

Highest Goals Scored in a Season (Team)

Highest Goals Scored in a Season (Player)

Lowest Concieded in a League Season

Longest without Concieding (Team)

Longest without Concieding (Player)

Highest Transfer Fee Paid

Highest Transfer Fee Received

Highest Capacity Stadium

Ok, Henri Camara I had on trial and was good, so signed him for free - he has been excellent, recently scored a hat trick in my first CL game against Levski in a 5-0 win. Also signed Campbell who is keeping Wilson out the team - Wilson with work will become really good.

If you can, sighn Smolarek (sp?) - i had him on trial, impressed, but ajax snatched him, they offered him 11k pw.

I play a 4-3-2-1 (wingers) system. Naismith on the right as an inside forward, Beasley (who has been absolutely dynamite on the left) as winger who hugs touchline (many assists) and Camara as an advanced forwards tweaked with no long shots.

I sold Mendes for 4.5m, but you only recieve 1.8m of this, and signed Sapara from Rosenburg(sp?) - I will play him as an advanced supporting playmaker, although still to test others.

Davis as a box to box and Thomson as a ball winner in the centre.

I prefer Smith to Papac as he is a bit more attacking imo.

Sold Alexander to Man city for £1m and signed polish keeper for free as back up, although he seems technically quite good.

So far 100% record after 9 or so games, but still got a game against Barcelona to come.

-----------------McGregor----------------

Whittiker----Bougherra---Campbell-------Smith

(wingback) (ball player) (stopper) (Wingback)

-------Davis------Thomson-----Sapara/fleck

(box2box)___(ball winner)___(advanced PM/Att Midfielder)

Naismith----------------------------------------Beasley

(inside forward)____________________________________(winger)

------------------Camara/Boyd-------------

_____________(advanced forward/poacher)

Thanks for all the info in the OP.

I started my first demo game with Rangers. First let me say that in previous versions of FM I've been bamboozled by the tactical system, and therefore I've been unable to get my Rangers team to play how I want them to play on the pitch in the game. But with this new tactical creator I've been able to directly transfer the way I see my Rangers team playing in my mind into how I actually see them playing in the game itself, which is just amazing!

I wanted my Rangers team to play a direct, counter-attack based game. I selected a 442 Diamond formation and then selected the following players with the following duties and roles:

GK - Alan McGregor - Sweeper Keeper - Defend

RB - Steven Whittaker - Full Back - Automatic

LB - Sasa Papac - Full Back - Automatic

DC - Bougherra - Central Defender - Defend

DC - Davie Weir - Limited Defender - Defend

DMC - Lee McCulloch - Anchor Man - Defend

MR - Steve Davis - Wide Midfielder - Support

ML - Jerome Rothen - Wide Midfielder - Support

AMC - John Fleck - Inside Forward - Attack

ST - Kris Boyd - Poacher - Attack

ST - Kyle Lafferty - Target Man - Attack

I want my defender to defend first and foremost. I want my fullbacks to defend and, if the counter-attack is on, get forward. But I want them to defend first, attack second. I made Davie Weir a Limited Defender because I want at least one of my central defenders to launch the ball up to my Target Man, and I also don't want Davie Weir to be caught out of position given his lack of pace or acceleration. Making him a Limited Defender will hopefully mitigate the chance of him being too high up the pitch.

I want Lee McCulloch in the DMC Anchor Man role because I want him to win headers and crunch opposition players and then, once he's won the ball back for our team, make the simple pass to either Steve Davis on the right or Rothen on the left.

Rothen and Davis will then either play the ball directly to my attacking players from a deep position (a long, direct ball to Kyle Lafferty to win in the air and knock on for Fleck or Boyd; a direct pass to Fleck to run at my opponent's defence thereby creating space for Lafferty and Boyd in my opponent's defensive area by dragging defenders wide; etc) or run with the ball towards my opponent's penalty area and cross from the last third of the pitch.

Fleck, playing in the AMC Inside Forward role, will drag defenders out of position by running at them. This will hopefully allow Boyd especially to take advatange of the space Fleck has created for him by dragging a defender out of position. Alternatively, Fleck, with his ever-improving Long Shots attribute, can elect to shoot from distance if he feels the chance is on.

Lafferty is playing the Target Man role because I want him to win headers and hold up the ball for Fleck or Boyd. Boyd has better heading and jumping attributes than Lafferty but I want Boyd to play the poacher role.

Has it worked?

So far it has worked very well. Here is an example of how versatile the Match Engine has become.

At the very beginning of a game I had to sub off Lafferty as he got injured. For some reason I wasn't playing Lee McCulloch in this game, but he was on the bench. I had a look down my bench and noticed that I didn't have Striker or Forward to replace Lafferty with.

However, I did have Lee McCulloch who possesses all the attributes I want in a Target Man in Scottish Football: he can head the ball very well (16), is seriously strong (18), can almost out jump a Kangaroo (18), is so brave (19), is aggressive (16) and works so hard for the team (WR 19 and TW 18). He would be perfect, imo, in the Target Man role up front.

Problem is, however, that Lee McCulloch is designated to play the following positions - DC/DM/MC. He is not considered a striker or forward by the game. I didn't care. I wanted to test the Match Engine to see if it is flexible enough to allow a player with the correct attributes for the role to flourish and play well out of position.

Did it? Yes, the Match Engine is amazingly flexible and recognizes - or at least appears to - that a player has the correct attributes to play the role even if the game says he doesn't play in that position. I was shocked and so excited to see Lee McCulloch not only do well in the Target Man role but completely annihilate the other team from the Target Man position up front.

Lee McCulloch scored a hattrick, setup a goal, hit the post once, and went clean through on two occasions. He finished the game with a rating of 9.4 and won Man of the Match.

Amazing!

This could be the greatest FM ever and going Rangers, what with their limited funds and other assorted challenges presented by the competition they play in (SPL), could be a great challenge for many players.

Cheers

i've managed to get money out of the board, sold alexander 1.8m to barca and beasley to olympiakos 500k, and then on the day of the CL group draw once the draw has happened i went straight into my board asked for cash and got 6mil to spend.... i done it as soon as the draw was the made, that day and it seemed to work so give it a try see if it works for you... cristaldo looks amzing at velez btw

I decided to go with the players i had and made no signings at all. 15 league games in and i've won 14 lost 1, even playing quite well in Europe, so it's worked well for me. Just playing a normal 4-4-2, McGregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Davis, Thomson, Mendes, (mostly) Beasley, Miller, Boyd. Boyd has 18 goals in 22 games. :)

EDIT: Got to 15 wins in 16 and the demo finished. :(

I prefer the classic tactics to the new wizard. I am playing a 4-1-3-2, but with two wide mids rather than them all squeezed in.

GK - McGregor

DR - Whittaker

DC - Andrade

DC - Bougherra

DL - Papac

DM - Thomson (retrained to dm and it worked quickly)

MC - Mendes

MR - Davis

ML - Rothen

S - Boyd

S - Miller/Naismith

So far I have won 5/5 in the SPL, without conceding a goal. I lost my first Champs league game against Real Madrid 2-1 away to an offside (complained and the FA stayed quiet) 93rd minute Ronaldo goal. I was leading 1-0 for nearly an hour.

So far it appears that the game has gotten easier again after last years much more challenging version.

Finally I have managed to get some funds out of the board! It has taken three attemps of asking and the date is now 02/11/09, So for the demo purpose I really have no time to spend. Although as someone said above they were lucky enough to get some money before the close of the transfer window. I tried as above and didnt receive anything.

Not had the chance to play the game yet other than a quick look through the squad, does anyone know the potential ability of John Fleck, I saw a few posts regarding high potential youth and I didnt see him on there...Bit of a shame since he was crackin in last years game.Thanks in advance...WATP :thup:

guspjmh

Sounds impressive. Are you still unbeaten? Wouldn't mind replicating your tactics. I don't have FM loaded up just now, but did you just select the 4132 tactic and leave it as is? Did you modify it in any other way?

The game does seem less challenging than previous version's of FM. I tried default tactics in previous versions of the game and found little or no success with them. Hopefully they work much more effectively in this version of FM, and from your post it seems as if they do.

Thanks

I've just been using the demo so far to get used to the interface and new features etc.

So far I've also ear-marked youngsters that will feature for me this season:

Danny Wilson: When playing the demo I've decided to extend Weir's contract to 2011 and will probably do the same when the full game is released, but Wilson will definitely be getting some playing time.

Andrew Little: His versatility will come in handy, and I think he'll feature at stages this season.

John Fleck: So far for me in the demo he's been on fire, with a number of assists.

Andrew Shinnie: Durrant wants me to transfer list him but he seems to perform well when given the chance.

There are a few youngsters I want to loan out in the hope they come good - such as Jamie Ness and Jukebox's son - but other than that nothing major I can really do with the squad. Two players I'm not sure I want to keep are McCulloch and Beasley. Beasley seems to perform well when given the chance, but if I could offload him it wouldn't be a great loss. Sadly I have no takers. McCulloch is a different scenario. Quite a few teams seem interested, but I'm not sure if I can afford to lose the cover in several positions he can provide.

Also, a big f**k you to the Premiership teams who think I'll give them Kevin Thomson, Allan McGregor or Neil Alexander on a loan-to-buy!!! :p

As for tactics, I'm playing around with them but seem settled with:

GK - McGregor/Alexander; DC - Weir; DC - Bougy; DC - Papac; DML - Smith; DMR - Whittaker; DMC - Mendes; MC - Thomson; MC - Davis; ; AML/AMC - Fleck/Lafferty; ST - Boyd/Miller

It might seem an odd choice but it's easy to shift players around if I need to alter the tactics. :)

Play Wilson my friend, you will not be dissapointed. I don't know if he is up to facing Celtic yet, but the rest should be no problem. I will not play Weir once this year, i only use him for mentoring Wilson.

I've had to use Wilson and Little in central defence on a few occasions due to injury/suspension and neither have dissapointed. Wilson in particular seems to be a standout.

I'd considered doing that, or making the Premiership into a two-tier system of 18 team leagues, with the Old Firm included. But I've instead decided I'd rather just amend the Scottish league structure, and keep Rangers in it. I don't intend to alter the financial reality Rangers are in, but I may alter the potential ability of young players and the reputations of clubs outwith the Old Firm, and the league reputation itself. That and more TV money. Don't want the best Scottish players going down to the Championship every year!

I'd considered doing that, or making the Premiership into a two-tier system of 18 team leagues, with the Old Firm included. But I've instead decided I'd rather just amend the Scottish league structure, and keep Rangers in it. I don't intend to alter the financial reality Rangers are in, but I may alter the potential ability of young players and the reputations of clubs outwith the Old Firm, and the league reputation itself. That and more TV money. Don't want the best Scottish players going down to the Championship every year!

changing the financial reality isn't my intention either, but realistically if Rangers were to move to premiership IRL the board would release a certain amount of transfer funds.

might run two saves side by side, one with them in the English Premier League and one in an amended structure Scottish league

Right, almost the end of the transfer window for me!

I've sold:

Kevin Thomson - 3.8m

Madjid Bougherra - 3.9m

Kris Boyd - 2m

Kyle lafferty - 1.2m

Damarcus Beasley - 1m

I'm looking to get rid of Stevie Naismith for about £1.5m if poss, but not too fussed.

I've Signed:

Javier Chevanton - £1.9m

Andy Driver £1.5m

Allejandro Dominguez - £1.4m

Tore Reginiussen - £450k

Jorge Andrade - Free

Ebi Smolarek - Free

I've still got £750k to play with, plus whatever I get for Naismith. I'll hopefully add another centre half to my squad with this.

So far I think my best 11 is this:

McGregor

Whittaker Weir Reginiussen Papac

Mendes Davis

Miller Dominguez Driver

Chevanton

I've got decent cover all over the park, McCulloch and Edu are utility players and can cover pretty much any position in my half. Smith, Andrade and Wilson providing competition in Defence. Jamie Ness providing extra cover in midfield. Dominguez and Fleck and play anywhere across my line of attacking midfielders, as can Naismith as I have him. Smolarek is providing excellent cover up front.

So far Andy Driver has been an absolute revelation! he's constantly scoring or providing assists! Dominguez has been quite handy as well, he'll become better as the season goes on, i reckon. Chevanton is looking like a decent striker too.

So I've made quite a few changes to the composition of the squad, added extra pace and technical ability which i think we needed, my only concern is that we lack a quality centre half. Andrade and Weir are both good defenders and pairing either up with Reginiussen, who has a bit of pace is fine for the SPL, but I fear we'll get torn apart in Europe!

Hope I've provided a bit of insight how you can still make signings on a (very) limited budget!

changing the financial reality isn't my intention either, but realistically if Rangers were to move to premiership IRL the board would release a certain amount of transfer funds.

might run two saves side by side, one with them in the English Premier League and one in an amended structure Scottish league

I understand your point but realistically they wouldn't, as we don't have it. I'm not even sure we would attract a new owner as many of the problems come from the fact income-generating facilities such as catering and club shops have been sold off to private firms. HBOS/Lloyds essentially run the club now, so we'd be in a similar position as Portsmouth in the summer.

Well I just finished the demo with them. Top of the league, drew 1 match and lost 1 out of the sixteen games so not bad at all. Champions League wasn't too good though, losing all the games to man utd and inter milan however I did twice beat Slavia Prague to progress in Uefa. Progressed as far as I can in the cup competitions aswell.

I didn't sign ang big names only youngsters. The players I signed were:

Stephen Saunders - Looks a good young CB

Paul Slane (on loan) - again looks a good young winger

Craig Thomson (on loan) - looks to be a good RB in years to come.

Only sold Kenny Miller and Broadfoot although Novo and Edu were too on the transfer list. Played 442 with team of McGregor; Whittaker, Weir, Boughera, Papac; Davis, Mendes, Thomson, Rothen; Boyd, McCulloch.

Lee McCulloch became a very good target man for me and perfect foil for Boyd as a poacher.

I liked to get young Scotish players through and it seems that Rangers have quite a few. The ones that impressed me the most were:

Fleck - very good as a striker but also good on the left midfield.

Wilson - Very good young CB. Played quite a lot and got very high ratings most of the time.

Ness - Never dissapointed and played very well. Mostly came in for Thomson.

Shinnie - Even though McCoist wanted him transfer listed he proved to be a very capable depute for Mendes

Wyde - He seems to be a good prospect for the left side, whether it be at LB or LM.

• 2 weeks later...

6 games into the SPL on the full game.

I sit top with 4 wins, 1 draw and a loss. The defeat was a 2-1 at Rugby Park thanks to a very late 25 yard piledriver.

Celtic sit 9th having played 5, won 1, drawn 2 and lost 2. Shocking start to the season.

Players, couldnt sign anyone for cash so bolstered the squad with frees, Campo, Skacel, Camera and Wiltord coming in while McCulloch, Little, McMillan and Wilson left on loan.

Signings have been mince so far, threw them on together with a couple of youngsters and was mullered 4-0 by Inverness in the League Cup. Disaster.

So far so good in the league, got a kushty draw in the CL with Sevilla, Anderlecht and Wisla making up the group. Beat Wisla 2-0 at home in the first game.

Playing a 4-5-1 with...

GK - McGreggor

DL - Smith

DR - Whittaker

DC - Bougherra/Papac

DC - Weir

DMC - Mendes (playmaker)

MC - Thompson

MC - Ness/Rothen

AMR - Davis/Naismith

AML - Beasley (been amazing so far 7.29 in first 5 games and set up about 6 goals)

FC - Boyd/Lafferty

Results so far...

6-0 Vs Falkirk

2-0 Vs Hearts

2-0 Vs Hamilton

2-2 Vs Motherwell

1-2 Vs Kilmarnock

2-0 Vs Aberdeen

I'm eight league games in now sitting top with 22 points. Nearest rivals are Hibs and I have a game in hand and 7 points on top of them. Celtic are 5th with 13 points.

In the CL I have beaten Man United at home 2-1, Wolfsburg away 3-1 and got beat by CSKA Moscow in Russia 2-0.

Have made no signings at all and stuck with the current squad. Playing as a 4-4-2. McGregor, Whittikar, Papac, Wilson, Bougherra, Davis, Rothen, Thomson, Mendes, Laffarty, Fleck. Boyd was out injured and these two now are scoring for fun so he is going to struggle to get back.

Interestred to see how the transfer window affects the club as the vultures are already out in force.

I am looking to start a career with Rangers and I am looking for soem info:

- Their Strongest Line-Up

- Setpiece Takers

- Who makes runs and where. Do the fullbacks go forward alot, are they defensive, dose the midfielders work alot in both attack and defense, do the wingers/Attacking misd cut inside or go up the touchline, do they chase back to defend?

- Workrates. Do the work harder in attacking or defense etc...

- Formation. Describe the formation/post a photo. If your describign just say like where each player is roughly palced for example are the wingbacks high up the pitch please.

- Do they pass alot, long passes or shot, how do they create chances mostly. How do they defend. How do they build-up etc. etc.

This really would be great, and any additional info would be great. Cheers. I'm making some careers with them so need some info.

NOTE: I am talking about the tactics etc. for their default team, as If I didn't make any changes to my side.

I am looking to start a career with Rangers and I am looking for soem info:

- Their Strongest Line-Up

- Setpiece Takers

- Who makes runs and where. Do the fullbacks go forward alot, are they defensive, dose the midfielders work alot in both attack and defense, do the wingers/Attacking misd cut inside or go up the touchline, do they chase back to defend?

- Workrates. Do the work harder in attacking or defense etc...

- Formation. Describe the formation/post a photo. If your describign just say like where each player is roughly palced for example are the wingbacks high up the pitch please.

- Do they pass alot, long passes or shot, how do they create chances mostly. How do they defend. How do they build-up etc. etc.

This really would be great, and any additional info would be great. Cheers. I'm making some careers with them so need some info.

NOTE: I am talking about the tactics etc. for their default team, as If I didn't make any changes to my side.

Not looked at them in game yet (they're usually the 2nd or 3rd game i embark on after getting to grips with any "changes") but they are "my team" so to speak, so:

Strongest line up will probably be along the lines of a 4-3-3. Defense made up of Whittaker at RB, Weir and Bougherra at CB, and Papac at LB. your midfield depends on how much emphasis you want to place on attack. for a more defensive setup, you'll probably want McCulloch as a DM, with Mendes and Thomson in the CM roles. If you play with wingers, yor best options are Rothen on the left and Novo on the right, IMO, but dunno if Novo has the legs for a full game. Up front, you've actually got some rather interesting options. Boyd's a proven goalscorer but his workrate's rank rotten. Miller on the other hand, works like a horse but has been known to miss when it's easier to score. Naismith might be worth a shout if you get disillusioned with both of them.

as for offensive runs, Whittaker likes to get forward at any opportunity, as does Bougherra. Papac and Weir'll usually stay back as neither of them really has the pace to get back into position quickly. as for your CMs, Mendes doesn't usually end up in the box, has a wicked long shot, so bear that in mind. Davis will occasionally attempt to go up the wing and thomson through the middle. Rothen, I'm not entirely sure of as I've not seen a lot of him tbh, but Novo likes to get in the box and is arguably just as good a striker as a winger (possibly better, but I don't know who else could play on the right wing.

The team as a hole tends to have a high-ish workrate with the exception of boyd,and will usually track back and help in defense (again, w the exception of boyd)

passing's somewht mixed. long balls from defense to the start of the final third, but a lot of short passes in the final third, if you I mean.

aside from hat, not much. Apart from the fact that you shouldn't, under any circumstance, sell fleck, as he develops into a world class player if previous FMs are anything to go by

Brought in Camara, Glauber and Roque Junior in on trials. Tried to get Denilson (Porto) and Michael Ball (Falkirk hmmm) but they rejected me.

Signed Sol Campbell. Weir will take a backseat.

Sold McCulloch to Sunderland for 1m.

Now to try it out in a friendly.......

Question for you rangers managers.

Are you able to conduct youth training? There are no players available in my youth training screen. All my U19 squad is in with the main team and the youth schedules greyed out. I have just assigned them all to main team training schedules and sacked or promoted my youth coaches.

I have played FM for years so i am fairly sure im not doing anything stupid ... maybe ...

Question for you rangers managers.

Are you able to conduct youth training? There are no players available in my youth training screen. All my U19 squad is in with the main team and the youth schedules greyed out. I have just assigned them all to main team training schedules and sacked or promoted my youth coaches.

I have played FM for years so i am fairly sure im not doing anything stupid ... maybe ...

Same on my Rangers game. Is it because they're all on Full Time contracts rather than youth ones ?

The game's scarily realistic :-p Played 7 drawn 3. Won the other 4 though which is nice. Including a 3-1 game against Celtic. My coaches mentioned that Celtic tend to loose goals within the first ten minutes so I went out with the overload tactic and scored within 4 minutes, which was nice.

In Europe played 2, 1 draw, 1 defeat (1-1 against Rubin and 1-2 against Porto at Ibrox)

Can anyone suggest how to get the best out of Miller? I tend to play the same tactics as the Gers do in real life but I cant seem to get much out of him. Playing him as an advanced forward next to Boyd as a poacher.

A few games in to my 1st season and won them all but not convincingly enough for my liking. Sold Lafferty for 3 m

Bought Ivan Ivanov 400k ,if you need cover at CB or LB you have to buy this lad he's amazin

Sergey Krivets 1.5m , another must sign really good on both wings and carving up SPL defences (not that hard really)

Also just been handed extra cash after requesting from the board the day of the Champs League draw.

Any help with miller would be greatly appreciated.

JohnK - sell him ;)

I couldn't seem to get him firing so sold him to Ipswich for 1m and now scored 8 in 18. Brought in Lewandowski for 1.6m and after a long dry spell (about 8 freaking games) he's become a great foil for Kris Boyd, 9 in 19 with 8 assists.

Rather annoyed with the board. In November they gave me 8 million quid which I think is just so unrealistic so rather than spend it, I changed it for wages and got Riquelme in on a bosman.

It's now the end of Feburary, Rangers and Celtic are in an eternal battle for first place (like always) trading places almost every 2 weeks. I'm currently top after they drew with Dundee United but it's close, going to the wire as always.

Transfers In-

Sol Campbell (Now captain, free),

Roque Junior (free),

Laure (free cause Deportivo are in money troubles)

Henri Camara (free, 6 in 3 full and 8 sub performances)

Lewandowski (1.6m, 7.02avg)

Billy Jones (3.6m, bit ott but it was transfer deadline day and I needed a Boughie replacement)

Jason Steele (7k, backup GK).

Luke Wilkshire (5m)

Transfers Out-

Lee McCulloch (1m, Sunderland, rather oddly the fans went mental I sold him)

Neil Alexander (1.5m, Bristol City)

Bougherra (3.8m, Hull, after he told Brown he'd never sign for them, guess money talks)

Kenny Miller (1.5m, Ipswich)

Kevin Thomson (4m, Wigan, was only playing one MC anyway and Davis was giving me more)

Getting Jimmy Briand and Riquelme on Bosmans.

I'm enjoying my time as Rangers manager probably moreso with the financial restrictions put upon me. I'm at the start of November and only dropped 2 points in the league. I'm 2nd in my CL group after playing 4 games. I'm in with AC Milan, Besiktas and Wisla.

Only signed Glauber so far but bringing in Bruno Zuculini in June. He's just signed a contract but can't officially move until June 2010.

Just been given £5.75m by the board and undecided where I need to stregthen and who with.

Career with Rangers is going ok, 4 wins out of 4 in the league so far (only significant one was hearts away tbh) Signed a load of freebies, sol campbell, michael ball, ebi smolarek, some spanish guy from deportivo (tomas) was listed for £0 and keko a 17 year old for free from athletico madrid. Also brought in linderoth for 400k and vlaar for 800k. Sold Mcculloch 1.5 mill and Bougherra for 3.7 mill and a few reserves too to help with wages. My champs league group is awful though, Man Utd, Real Madrid and Wolfsburg so bye bye europe me thinks!

Archived