FM10 ~ Official Leeds Utd Thread, wha-Jer-maine we're still in League One?

SGartz

Leeds Utd

leeds1.jpg w320.png

Leeds Utd: A Background

Founded in 1919, Leeds United are a professional English club currently playing in the Coca-Cola League 1. The club play their home games at Elland Road and possess top training facilities and a good youth setup. The club is affectionately known as United and retains a fierce rivalry with Galatasaray SK, Manchester United and Chelsea.

The club enjoyed probably their best spell of success during the 1970s. Although now enduring a barren spell, having not won a competition since 1992, United still have a history of which they can be justly proud. Leeds finished runners-up in the Champions Cup in 1975, won the English top division in 1969, 1974 and 1992 and finished runners-up on five occasions, finished runners-up in the Cup Winners Cup in 1973, and won the EURO Cup in 1968 and 1971 and finished runners-up once.

Start of season expectations: win the Cola-Cola League 1

Transfer Budget: £1M

Wage Budget: £87K p/w

Full name: Leeds Utd

Nickname(s): United

Founded: 1919

Ground: Elland Road (Capacity: 40,242)

Chairman: Ken Bates

League: Coca-Cola League 1

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities + Youth Academy

Media Prediction: 1st

Finances: £7,578,410

Staff

Manager: You?

Assistant Manager: Glynn Snodin

Coach: Richie Picton

Reserve Team Manager (Coach): Glynn Snodin

Goalkeeping Coach: Andy Beasley

Youth Team Manager (Under 18s Coach): Neil Thompson

Playing Staff – 1st Team

Casper Ankergren – GK

Shane Higgs – GK

Andy Hughes – DR / MRC

Ben Parker – DL

Leigh Bromby – DC

Patrick Kisnorbo – DC

Lubomir Michalik – DC

Richard Naylor – DC

Jason Crowe – D/WB R

Jonathon Howson – MRC

David Prutton – MRC

Bradley Johnson – MLC

Michael Doyle – MC (on loan)

Neil Kilkenny – MC

Andy Robinson – AM RL

Robert Snodgrass – AM RL

Enoch Showunmi - AML ST

Luciano Becchio – ST

Jermaine Beckford – ST

Tom Elliott – ST

Mike Grella – ST

Reserve Squad

Alan Martin – GK (on loan at Accrington)

Damien Ross – GK

Liam Darville – DR

Alan Sheehan – DL

Paul Huntington – DC

Tom Lees – DC (on loan at Accrington)

Rui Marques – DC

Andrew Milne – DC

Jonathan Webb – DC

Josh Falkingham – DM, MC

Davide Enrico Somma – AMR, ST

Ollie Hotchkiss – AMC

Tresor Kandol - ST

U18 Squad

Alex Cairns – GK

Ryan Jones – GK

Nathan Turner – DR

James Booker – DC

Adam Watson – DC

Callum Williams – DC

Aidan White – D/WB/ML

Lewis Turner – MR

Sam Jones – MC

Sanchez Payne – MC

James Baxendale – AMR

Will Hatfield – AM RC

Michael Whitwell – AMR, ST

Joe McCann – AM LC

Jonathan Birbeck – ST

Best Senior Players: Patrick Kisnorbo / Michael Doyle / Luciano Becchio

Best Youth Platers: Aiden White / Joe McCann / Tom Elliott

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great title for the thread and thanks for posting it, but like the comment above; tbh the opening post needs a bit of work.

I'm just getting a feel for the demo and I'll post some player recruitment suggestions later (tomorrow probably). But for now, it looks like that "Leeds legend" Krivets needs to be snapped up this year again!

Excellent, will be watching this thread as I'm looking forward to playing Leeds as my main team again in FM10.

Only just started on the demo so too early to have a feel for the squad but I'm only expecting to have to make a couple of new signings at the start of the season, squad overall should easily be good enough for promotion from league 1.

I've now spent some time looking through players on the demo and the pick of the free signings appear to be:

Glauber, DC.

Lauren, DR.

Michael Ball, DL.

Andy Van Der Meyde, AMR/L.

Ebi Smolorek, FC.

Rudi Skacel, DL/AML.

There is competition for Ball, Van Der Meyde & Smolarek so you may have to flex your contract offers to land them.

Sol Campbell and Henri Camara will come too, but their wage demands will blow the wage budget!

Meanwhile it seems much harder to sell players. However, Sheehan, Showunmi, Robinson, Hughes, Johnson, Marques & Becchio can be sold easily enough. Michalik, Prutton and Kandol are more difficult to shift.

Edit: Add Bakary Soro, DR/C to the list of free signings - he's a Championship quality DR.

2nd Edit - forget Soro as his w/p was turned down.

i completed as far as i could in the game and was 1st in the league at the end

played 24 won 17 drawn 2 lost 5 53 points

i got lauren and michael ball on a free and bought harewood for 775k. He had 17 goals and 9 assists in those 24 league games

beckford was also on fire but was injured for a total of 10 weeks. He still scored 9 goals in 13 games with 4 assists

i used higgs as the gk and played a 442

My wheeling and dealing has now seen a bit of an overhaul of the Leeds squad - I've offloaded Robinson, Showunmi, Prutton, Michalik, Hughes, Marques, Sheenan, Parker and Becchio (for £750k). Total sales, £1.4m

Players in are Marlon Harewood (ST - £750k), Joseph Mills (DL - £375k) and Lauren (DR), Glauber (DC), Van der Meyde (MR), Omozusi (DR), and Henri Camara(ST) all on frees. Tried to get Smolorek as well but he turned me down and joined Ajax. :eek:

I probably didn't really need to get Mills in at leftback as he's not really much better than Parker, so won't bother doing that in the proper game when it releases. The others all look to be good signings though, so far have played 6 league games and won them all.

First team squad is:

GK - Higgs, Ankergren

DL - Mills, White

DC - Glauber, Kisnorbo, Bromby

DR - Lauren, Omozusi

ML - Snodgrass, Johnson

MC (attacking) - Howson, Kilkenny

MC (ball winner) - Doyle

MR - van der Meyde

ST - Beckford, Harewood, Camara, Grella

Playing a standard 4-4-2 at the moment but have changed Doyle's role to be a ball winning midfielder and changed the other MC to an attacking duty.

Harewood and Beckford are both currently scoring for fun, they both have 6 goals each in 8 appearances. :D

Edit - have now played through to the start of Jan in the demo and was top of the league with 49 points from 24 games, Harewood had 15 goals and Beckford 14, both stayed injury free so the other strikers didn't really get a look in. Howson was top of assists for league 1 with 10 from central midfield, with Van der Meyde providing 9 from right midfield. Highest average ratings were from Glauber and Kisnorbo in central defence (both had average ratings of 7.26) followed by Lauren at right back - overall the defence was very solid, Joseph Mills at leftback turned out to be good as well with 5 assists and an average rating of 7.10.

Can't wait to get the full game and do this properly but am fairly confident this team would be good enough to win league 1 :D

Just doing the demo with Leeds now, my side currently looks like this after some additions:

---------------------Lung Jr

Omozusi-----Bromby---------Kisnorbo----Parker

------------Howson----------Doyle

van der Meyde------Shelvey---------Snodgrass

-------------------Cristaldo

Would of liked perhaps another defender or CM but missed out on some targers, pre season has been ok so far, beating Farsley and Guiseley 7-0 and losing to Chelsea 3-0, I also beat Altrincham 3-1 however I holidayed that one ;)

Sold a few players and still have some cash to spend if anyone has suggestions or comments on my team.

Just doing the demo with Leeds now, my side currently looks like this after some additions:

---------------------Lung Jr

Omozusi-----Bromby---------Kisnorbo----Parker

------------Howson----------Doyle

van der Meyde------Shelvey---------Snodgrass

-------------------Cristaldo

Would of liked perhaps another defender or CM but missed out on some targers, pre season has been ok so far, beating Farsley and Guiseley 7-0 and losing to Chelsea 3-0, I also beat Altrincham 3-1 however I holidayed that one ;)

Sold a few players and still have some cash to spend if anyone has suggestions or comments on my team.

Parker and Doyle would need replacing in the full game, but they are ok for the demo. Otherwise a pretty tidy team there.

Yeah I tryed to get Gibbs on loan for LB slot and just competition but failed, no idea for any CMs though

Could look at Shawky at Middlesboro for a CM, he should be availalbe for about 200k.

Overall though I'm probably sticking with Doyle and Parker for the first season myself, will look at getting replacements in for the 2nd season after getting promotion.

Edit - good call getting Cristaldo, I'd forgotten about him but had him in my Leeds team in fm09 for a while. Just got him myself on a new save and he seems to have pretty much the perfect stats for playing in an advanced forward role. Much better use of £800k than Harewood I reckon.

Started on the demo with a Leeds save, and quite enjoying it.

I've gone for the complete overhaul, bringing in all my own players and so far it's paying off. God knows how good they will be when the team gels!

This is after the first 4 games of the season (still using classic tactic for the time being) -

Transfers

Tactics

League Table

Results

Also don't be afraid to play Aidy White if looking for a LB & he's equally as good at LW, & the likes Joe McCann, Will Hatfield & Michael Whitwell all play better than their stats and have decent potential, though still think SI don't give Leeds' Academy enough credit with potential.

Have played through the demo a couple more times and am decided on most of the changes I want to make to the squad when I get the full game. So far the transfers will be:

GK - Lung Jr (250k)

Defenders - Glauber (DC), Lauren (DR), Omozusi (DR/C) - all free. Keeping Parker, White, Kisnorbo, Bromby, Crowe.

Midfield - Pele (CM), van der Meyde (RM) - free. Keeping Snodgrass, Howson, Kilkenny, Johnson, Doyle.

Strikers - Cristaldo (800k), Smolarek (Free) - keeping Beckford and Grella.

Still not convinced about the midfield but can't currently come up with any better options for RM or the defensive CM role, but the squad is still good enough to get promotion anyway. Tried to get Gosling on loan but he wouldn't come, have been trying out other loan options but not really come up with anything that great so far.

Well started a Leeds save last night and im feeling pretty confident of getting promotion easily. My transfers so far:

Ivan Campo - Free £2,600 wages

Henri Camara - Free £9,000 wages (bit steep but I have plenty of cash)

Lauren - Free £3,500

Lung Jr - 275k £3,300

Elliot Omozuzi - Free £3,500

Andy Dorman - 150k £3,500

Jose Baxter - Loan 0 wages

Daniel Jones - Loan 0 wages (cover for left side)

Jonathon Cristaldo - 775k £3,600

I still have about 4mil to spend, any ideas on players?

So far sold:

Prutton, Enoch, Hughes, Ankergren, Marques, Robinson, Sheehan, Grella, Elliot and Becchio for a total of 1.1mil

Have played through the demo a couple more times and am decided on most of the changes I want to make to the squad when I get the full game. So far the transfers will be:

GK - Lung Jr (250k)

Defenders - Glauber (DC), Lauren (DR), Omozusi (DR/C) - all free. Keeping Parker, White, Kisnorbo, Bromby, Crowe.

Midfield - Pele (CM), van der Meyde (RM) - free. Keeping Snodgrass, Howson, Kilkenny, Johnson, Doyle.

Strikers - Cristaldo (800k), Smolarek (Free) - keeping Beckford and Grella.

Still not convinced about the midfield but can't currently come up with any better options for RM or the defensive CM role, but the squad is still good enough to get promotion anyway. Tried to get Gosling on loan but he wouldn't come, have been trying out other loan options but not really come up with anything that great so far.

That is as good a side as you can build for the demo. I agree with you about the midfield and for the full game I'll also be targetting a quality DL too. The demo has a limited database of affordable quality players who will come to Leeds. To my frustration I've found it impossible to sign Krivets who goes to Wigan on every game I've loaded up, he would be ideal to fill out the mdfield further.

Well started a Leeds save last night and im feeling pretty confident of getting promotion easily. My transfers so far:

Ivan Campo - Free £2,600 wages

Henri Camara - Free £9,000 wages (bit steep but I have plenty of cash)

Lauren - Free £3,500

Lung Jr - 275k £3,300

Elliot Omozuzi - Free £3,500

Andy Dorman - 150k £3,500

Jose Baxter - Loan 0 wages

Daniel Jones - Loan 0 wages (cover for left side)

Jonathon Cristaldo - 775k £3,600

I still have about 4mil to spend, any ideas on players?

So far sold:

Prutton, Enoch, Hughes, Ankergren, Marques, Robinson, Sheehan, Grella, Elliot and Becchio for a total of 1.1mil

As I said earlier, Krivets if you can get him?

I'd agree Krivets would be ideal to fill out the midfield, I did manage to get him myself on one save on the demo but the trouble with getting Krivets is it would mean not being able to afford Cristaldo - I don't think its possible to get them both with a £1m transfer budget.

But maybe someone like Krivets in midfield should be a higher priority than a striker like Cristaldo as there are other decent cheap/free options available up front, and the current strikers (plus frees like Smolarek/Camara) are probably more than capable of doing a good job in League 1? Might have to try another save on that basis and see how it feels. :D

My main reason for being so keen on Cristaldo is that he should also be good in the Championship and maybe slightly higher, but then so should Krivets. Decisions, decisions!!

Interesting to read other's views based on the demo though, seems most of us have similar views on what needs doing with the squad. :)

I'd agree Krivets would be ideal to fill out the midfield, I did manage to get him myself on one save on the demo but the trouble with getting Krivets is it would mean not being able to afford Cristaldo - I don't think its possible to get them both with a £1m transfer budget.

But maybe someone like Krivets in midfield should be a higher priority than a striker like Cristaldo as there are other decent cheap/free options available up front, and the current strikers (plus frees like Smolarek/Camara) are probably more than capable of doing a good job in League 1? Might have to try another save on that basis and see how it feels. :D

My main reason for being so keen on Cristaldo is that he should also be good in the Championship and maybe slightly higher, but then so should Krivets. Decisions, decisions!!

Interesting to read other's views based on the demo though, seems most of us have similar views on what needs doing with the squad. :)

Krivets & Cristaldo? Hmm, might just be "do-able" with the disposal of the usual suspects.

My fondness for Krivets on FM09 was that he held down AMR all the way to the Premiership.

The beauty of the Leeds squad in FM10 is that a few players are actually worth keeping - Kisnorbo, Kilkenny and Snoddie for example. Meanwhile Beckford has been "dumb-downed" attribute wise and Becchio still seems under-rated?

Krivets & Cristaldo? Hmm, might just be "do-able" with the disposal of the usual suspects.

My fondness for Krivets on FM09 was that he held down AMR all the way to the Premiership.

The beauty of the Leeds squad in FM10 is that a few players are actually worth keeping - Kisnorbo, Kilkenny and Snoddie for example. Meanwhile Beckford has been "dumb-downed" attribute wise and Becchio still seems under-rated?

Having tried it out on another save just to see, it is just about possible to afford both Krivets and Cristaldo at the start by offloading the usual deadwood. However, Krivets still turned me down even offering max possible wages as a key player. :rolleyes:

It's definitely possible to get him though as I and others have managed it previously, so might be worth another try in the full game as I'd be more than happy with Cristaldo (even with his stats being random in the full game, still worth it for League 1) + Krivets plus a few other freebies - as I'd agree that the rest of the starting squad is strong enough to provide a good 5 or 6 regular 1st teamers.

Beckfords stats and assistant manager rating aren't that great but he still performs well enough to make him worth keeping (as does Grella.) Becchio's stats seem to make him well suited to a target man role but I've not actually tried it yet, as I always seem to sell him - he's the easiest way of raising money to start with as he can go for up to 750k (and I don't really like playing with a target man anyway). :cool:

Having tried it out on another save just to see, it is just about possible to afford both Krivets and Cristaldo at the start by offloading the usual deadwood. However, Krivets still turned me down even offering max possible wages as a key player. :rolleyes:

It's definitely possible to get him though as I and others have managed it previously, so might be worth another try in the full game as I'd be more than happy with Cristaldo (even with his stats being random in the full game, still worth it for League 1) + Krivets plus a few other freebies - as I'd agree that the rest of the starting squad is strong enough to provide a good 5 or 6 regular 1st teamers.

Beckfords stats and assistant manager rating aren't that great but he still performs well enough to make him worth keeping (as does Grella.) Becchio's stats seem to make him well suited to a target man role but I've not actually tried it yet, as I always seem to sell him - he's the easiest way of raising money to start with as he can go for up to 750k (and I don't really like playing with a target man anyway). :cool:

I've found it impossible to sign Krivets on the demo - he has turned down the offer each time to go to Wigan!

When we get the full game I'll do my bit and see what is the maximum possible value you can obtain for the "usual suspects" and I'll also scour the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues looking for quality imports.

I've found it impossible to sign Krivets on the demo - he has turned down the offer each time to go to Wigan!

When we get the full game I'll do my bit and see what is the maximum possible value you can obtain for the "usual suspects" and I'll also scour the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues looking for quality imports.

Had another go at getting Krivets last night and managed to, but only after playing max wages as a key player and increasing his appearance fee/goalscoring bonuses etc.:D

Had another go at getting Krivets last night and managed to, but only after playing max wages as a key player and increasing his appearance fee/goalscoring bonuses etc.:D

I remember on FM09 you had to offer him a wheelbarrow of cash to land him. But quality AMR's were like gold dust. What a team you could build in FM09 - the likes of Krivets, Laurito, Keirrison. Sakho, Monzon, Fazio, Veloso and Marquinhos, Akinfeev...

ive managed to offload

robinson 325k

showumni 190k

michalik 325

prutts 50k

sheehan 325

hughes 45k

becchio 800k

kandol 30k

marques 50k

grella 200k

huntington 70k

kilkenny 900k

and brought

cristaldo 800k some spead over 30 months

barreto 500k spead over 30 months

luis guilherme 210k

muniesa 160k

james rodriguez 300k 500k over 30 months

frees

lauren

smolarek

omozusi

michael ball

gareth williams

rudi skacel

glauber

can anyone better that.

sacked all my staff and brought in

moniz ass man att and ball control

tosh farrell coach shooting

bill garner coach but have him do strenth and aerobic only

des walker coach def

iwan roberts coach set pieces

steve gatting coach tac

steve whitehall physio

if anyone knows of any better can you pls post

I'm assuming this is a typo? How have you got so much money!

No not a typo, did my usual board request at the same time every save and I got 4mil from them! Thats why I have stopped and waiting on the full game because I like scouring leagues and finding hidden gems and with that cash would be pretty fun for leeds! I hate going to spl and finding no players in teams, just annoys me so im waiting till next week to go Leeds!

And krivtets I already tried to sign but chose wigan over me!

ive managed to offload

robinson 325k

showumni 190k

michalik 325

prutts 50k

sheehan 325

hughes 45k

becchio 800k

kandol 30k

marques 50k

grella 200k

huntington 70k

kilkenny 900k

and brought

cristaldo 800k some spead over 30 months

barreto 500k spead over 30 months

luis guilherme 210k

muniesa 160k

james rodriguez 300k 500k over 30 months

frees

lauren

smolarek

omozusi

michael ball

gareth williams

rudi skacel

glauber

can anyone better that.

No way I can better that; this is practically a perfect demo for acquisitions and sales. Excellent sales in particular.

He's a 3* player with the potential to be a 3* player. So a good player for League 1. His increase in value is interesting though. Can you tell me please, do any other players' value go through the roof like that?

On the only save I've kept after 24 games the highest value players from the original squad are Kisborbo (£1.8m), Howson (£1.8m), Kilkenny (£1.6m), Snodgrass (£1.5m) and Johnson (£1.2m). Glauber is highest value overall at £2.1m - not bad for a free transfer. :D

Also just finished another demo with Krivets in the team and he was amazing, ended up with 17 assists (and 5 goals) from 22 appearances. Unfortunately, though, I must have loaded the demo 10+ times and was only able to get him once - no matter how much I offered he went to Wigan on every other save.

On the only save I've kept after 24 games the highest value players from the original squad are Kisborbo (£1.8m), Howson (£1.8m), Kilkenny (£1.6m), Snodgrass (£1.5m) and Johnson (£1.2m). Glauber is highest value overall at £2.1m - not bad for a free transfer. :D

Also just finished another demo with Krivets in the team and he was amazing, ended up with 17 assists (and 5 goals) from 22 appearances. Unfortunately, though, I must have loaded the demo 10+ times and was only able to get him once - no matter how much I offered he went to Wigan on every other save.

Thanks for that! I wonder if Kilkenny, Howson & Johnson would be "sellable" at these values on promotion to the Championship? It will be interesting to see.

I have never been able to sign Krivets in the demo. I wonder if his regular transfer to Wigan was "coded" into the demo?

No not a typo, did my usual board request at the same time every save and I got 4mil from them! Thats why I have stopped and waiting on the full game because I like scouring leagues and finding hidden gems and with that cash would be pretty fun for leeds! I hate going to spl and finding no players in teams, just annoys me so im waiting till next week to go Leeds!

And krivtets I already tried to sign but chose wigan over me!

4 mill would be outstanding! :D They turned me down. :confused: May I ask at what time you made this board request..?

4 mill would be outstanding! :D They turned me down. :confused: May I ask at what time you made this board request..?

Actually was going to mention as well, in one of my saves I also tried asking for more funds right towards the end of the transfer window when I'd basically run out but had another transfer I'd agreed but couldnt quite afford - and they responded by upping the budget to £3.85m. :D

I usually forget to ask but this time needed the funds or a transfer would have been cancelled.:cool:

i managed howson 1.9m,johnson 1.3m,snoddy1.7m,beckford 875k :( even tho he has scored 11 in 13 starts kisnorbo 1.8m, grella 600k,glauber 2.1m,ball1.3m,skacel1.1m,and smolarek2.5m and had a 4m bid for him:) also asked for more money at the beginning of dec and got another 2.8m happy days from old kenneth :thup:

Archived