FM10 : Official Reading FC Thread

SCIAG

ReadingFCFMBanner.jpg

Name: Reading Football Club

Nickname: The Royals (formerly The Biscuitmen)

Ground: The Madejski Stadium (24250)

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilities: Good + Youth Academy

Media Prediction: 5th

Minimum Expectation: Promotion

Transfer Budget: £200-250k

Fierce Rivals: Swindon, Oxf*rd

There are two main approaches you can take this year. You can consolidate, giving the young players some game time, or you can make a promotion push.

Background:

• Reading Football Club was founded in 1871. Their first match was against Reading Town.
  • They were one of the founder members of the FA Cup, and are the only team to have lost every year since!
  • Legendary Reading goalkeeper Steve Death holds the record for minutes without conceding in the Football League.
  • Reading missed out on promotion to the Premiership in 1995. They finished second in what was Division Two (now the Championship) only to be denied promotion due to the formation of the Premiership. They then lost the play off final, despite leading 2-0 and being awarded a penalty (which Stuart "Archie" Lovell promptly missed).
  • The Royals moved to the Madejski Stadium in 1999, and finally gained promotion at the end of the 2006-07 season. They won 106 points, scoring 99 goals, both Football League records.
  • At the end of the 2008-2009 season, Reading were relegated from the Premiership. Steve Coppell was persuaded to stay by a collection of fans (:cool:) but left after the club failed to gain promotion.

Squad list:

()= not natural position

GKs

Adam Federici- the first choice goalkeeper, he is perfectly good for the Championship but may be out of his depth post-promotion

Ben Hamer- a reliable back up who could become first choice

Mikkel Andersen- starts as the worst of the three but potentially the best. Out on loan at Bristol Rovers at game start.

DCs

Matthew Mills- a good player, but should really be fourth choice initially

Alex Pearce- a future captain. With Ingimarsson injured and O'Dea only on loan, he will get a lot of first team opportunities this season.

Ívar Ingimarsson- probably the best centre back at the club, but is injured at first.

Darren O'Dea- should be in the first team until his loan expires

(Brynjar Gunnarsson) - can both fill in adequately if need be

(Kalifa Cisse)

All of the above are best as ball playing defenders, except maybe Gunnarsson, who is more of a limited defender.

DRs

Julian Kelly- first choice in the first season, but initially injured. Use in any role.

Shaun Cummings- with Kelly injured, he will get a few matches at the start of the season. You might want to consider selling if you get the chance. Again, can be used in most roles

Liam Rosenior- the best right back in the squad, but has been loaned out. I can't seem to terminate his loan, but if you find the option to, I strongly suggest you do! Also a fine player in all roles.

(Matthew Mills)- possibly a better option than Cummings. Use as a defensive full back.

DLs

Chris Armstrong- first choice left back by a long way. Last year's player of the season. You'll struggle to find a better player. Use as a support full back.

Ryan Bertrand- a decent back up, on loan from Chelsea. Use as an attacking wing back.

Julian Kelly- is needed more at right back

(Darren O'Dea)- again, could be a better bet than Bertrand if Ingimarsson and Pearce are both fit.

DMs

Kalifa Cisse- your best bet if you use a DM or MCd. A good ball winning or holding midfielder.

Brynjar Gunnarsson- not far off Cisse, but on his last legs. Use as a holding midfielder.

(A)MCs

Marek Matejovsky- probably the best player at the club. An exceptional passer, but poor defensively and fragile physically. Use as an advanced playmaker, trequartista, or attacking central midfielder.

Brian Howard- almost as good as Matejovsky, but less technical and better defensively. Could be used in most roles, but the attacking ones are probably better.

Jay Tabb- a versatile midfielder. Hang onto at all costs, as players as useful as him are rare. Bets utilised in a support role.

Jem Karacan- an all round central midfielder. Better defensively than Tabb. His strengths are his stamina and work rate. His weaknesses are most of his physical attributes. All in all though, he is a well rounded, if not outstanding, midfielder. He is potentially a top-half Premier League box to box midfielder, and the closest thing to a Sidwell replacement Reading have. Use as a box to box midfielder, central midfielder or ball winning midfielder.

Gylfi Sigurdsson- a good technical player, but probably not good enough this season. Send out on loan.

Scott Davies- see Sigurdsson

James Harper- currently out on loan. A fine "link" player. He would be ideal in a three man midfield.

Wingers

Jimmy Kebe- a very quick winger. His pace will win you matches. However, he is too technically limited for the Premiership.

Jobi McAnuff- a decent winger. Ideally only a sub, but options are limited. As you have no Convey or Little, I suggest you play him

James Henry- technically the best of the wingers, but might not give you a full season of form. Can only play on the right. One of the best players at the club in terms of potential.

Hal Robson-Kanu- HRK is a miniture version of McAnuff. He is best as a left winger, cutting inside.

Michail Antonio- a good prospect, but should be loaned out this season. His chances may be limited with Henry ahead of him, so try and turn him into an impact player.

(Noel Hunt, Scott Davies, Ryan Bertrand)- in an injury crisis, these could fill in.

Strikers

Noel Hunt- your best striker. Try him as an advanced forward, a complete forward or a defensive forward. He should suit most roles though. Should be your top scorer.

Gregorz Rasiak- a strong striker. Use as a target man. A more than adequate partner for Hunt. However, he is getting on a bit. A replacement could be found.

Simon Church- A Welsh international already, Church would be a very good poacher but would suit most roles. A potential Premier League striker.

Shane Long- I find him to be brilliant off the bench due to his pace. Primarily an advanced forward or other fast striker, he could also be a makeshift target man.

Abdulai Bell-Baggie- another young striker. Shape him as you wish. He is another potential top flight player. Personally, I'll use him as a complete striker.

Recommended team: ()= if attempting to consolidate rather than go straight up, use the younger player in brackets.

GK: Adam Federici

DR: Julian Kelly

DC: Ívar Ingimarsson (Alex Pearce)

DC: Darren O'Dea

DL: Chris Armstrong

MC: Marek Matejovsky (Gylfi Sigurdsson)

MC: Jay Tabb (Jem Karacan)

AMR: Jobi McAnuff (James Henry)

AML: Jimmy Kebe (Hal Robson-Kanu)

ST: Gregorz Rasiak

ST: Noel Hunt (Simon Church)

Recommended purchases:

Sol Campbell (DC, free)

Chris Riggot (DC, nominal, 'boro)

Lauren (DR, free)

Billy Jones (DR, approx. £1m, Preston)

Brian Stock (DM, £1.2m, Doncaster)

Kevin Thomson (DM, £2.4m, Rangers)

Keiran (sic) Westwood (GK, £3m, Coventry)

Jay Spearing (DR/DM, loan, Liverpool)

Jack Wilshire (AMLRC, loan, Arsenal)

Kieran Gibbs (D/AML, loan, Arsenal)

Nicky Shorey! (D/WBL, loan, Aston Villa)

Recommended sales:

There are few players you can afford to get rid of, but Shaun Cummings is probably surplus. Selling Marek Matejovsky will give you funds to strengthen other areas. If you get a decent offer for Armstrong, you should accept, as the money will allow you to bring Nicky Shorey back to the Madejski.

Some tactical ideas:

The squad lacks any real strengths, but most tactical approaches will work. Make sure each player suits his role, and you should do well.

(Thanks to Abaddon879 for the banner)

I have had a lot of success with Tabb on the left wing and Henry on the right, probably to do with gelling.

Here's my set up in wizard terms, for those interested:

Adam Federici (gk)

Jay Spearing (full back, support)

Ívar Ingimarsson (central defender, cover)

Darren O'Dea (ball playing defender, stopper)

Chris Armstrong (full back, support)

James Henry (winger, attack/support)

Marek Matejovsky (advanced playmaker, support)

Jem Karacan (ball winning midfielder, support)

Jay Tabb (winger, support)

Gregorz Rasiak (target man, attack)

Noel Hunt (advanced forward, attack)

The stupid offside bug annoys me, but the midfield score a lot of goals. I'm yet to get Rasiak to score or create, but he is offering an outlet.

Why did you choose Jay Spearing over Lauren? I would have thought Lauren's experience and mental stats, not to mention his defensive advantage over Spearing, would have made him the obvious choice? Or are you playing a tactic that relies on his pace?

Why did you choose Jay Spearing over Lauren? I would have thought Lauren's experience and mental stats, not to mention his defensive advantage over Spearing, would have made him the obvious choice? Or are you playing a tactic that relies on his pace?

Ahem... Lauren rejected me. For Leeds :o

Would make you think Cardiff have a better reputation than us...? Surely their FA Cup final cannot have springboarded them above us? We spent two years in the Premiership and almost went up again last year (We shall not mention this year)!

I am, but I just started it up and am working through transfers/loans.

Transfers Out:

Matevjovsky for $6 million U.S.

Kebe for $2 million U.S.

Davies for $800k U.S.

Transfers In:

Djuric for $1.5 million U.S.

Waiting on a WP for Cristaldo (3.2 million U.S.)

David Cortes (Getafe) for $725 U.S.

Razvan Ochirosii for $675 U.S.

Thomas Drage (Mosjoen) for $26k U.S.

Kevin Long (Cork City) for $50k U.S.

Elliot Omozusi (Free)

Fabrizio Zambrella (Free) - Pending

Loans:

Nacer Barazite (Arsenal)

Kyle Naughton (Tottenham)

I still need to find a DM, pending a taker for Gunnarson. I'm still hunting around for an upgrade and a more suitable LB for an up-tempo game and, potentially, a DC, as well as trying to get a better keeper/backup keeper.

Looking at:

DM: Laurenţiu Rus (Dinamo Bucharest), Dan Gosling (loan)

LB - Guillaume Rippert (not interested in Reading)

DC - Romain Bregerie (unreasonable salary expectation) and Tomas Huber

GK: Alexander Lund Hansen (transfer listed for $35k U.S.)

Oh dear, what caused it? Did you bring in any transfers?

Will be interesting to see how people go about the Readoing challenge this season. Whether they use the £5M you can raise by selling you star player Matejovsky, or whether to keep him and build your team around him.

Will be interesting to see how people go about the Readoing challenge this season. Whether they use the £5M you can raise by selling you star player Matejovsky, or whether to keep him and build your team around him.

Yeah, that will be interesting.

Personally I thought there were several areas that needed to be strengthened so I took the money and ran. I also thought I could find a suitable replacement, and I did in Djuric, and get more money for other areas.

Unfortunately, when I sold Kebe, Cisse demanded a transfer. The good news is I got ~$4.5 million U.S. for the both of them and used that to find the missing pieces I thought I needed. Those were:

Lallana (Southampton) for $2.6 million U.S.

DM Rafa (Getafe) for $800k U.S. - transfer list, and this guy is pretty good in this role

GK Marco Storari (A.C. Milan) for $0 - transfer listed

I haven't found a suitable LB though and am rolling with Armstrong and Bertrand. I also don't have the money to pursue a DC, but the trio (Pearce, Mills and O'Dea) I rotate seem to be doing the trick. I've put Gunnarson in there for a couple of games and he's played well, better than Mills actually.

After 10 games, I'm sitting at 6-3-1 and am in second. I expect with as many additions as I made the team will gel eventually and right there at the end.

Oh dear, what caused it? Did you bring in any transfers?

I sold Long and replaced him with Viduka, and also bought in Lauren at right back. Tried to bring in Aron Gunnarsson but didn't have the cash.

Yeah, that will be interesting.

Personally I thought there were several areas that needed to be strengthened so I took the money and ran. I also thought I could find a suitable replacement, and I did in Djuric, and get more money for other areas.

Unfortunately, when I sold Kebe, Cisse demanded a transfer. The good news is I got ~$4.5 million U.S. for the both of them and used that to find the missing pieces I thought I needed. Those were:

Lallana (Southampton) for $2.6 million U.S.

DM Rafa (Getafe) for $800k U.S. - transfer list, and this guy is pretty good in this role

GK Marco Storari (A.C. Milan) for $0 - transfer listed

I haven't found a suitable LB though and am rolling with Armstrong and Bertrand. I also don't have the money to pursue a DC, but the trio (Pearce, Mills and O'Dea) I rotate seem to be doing the trick. I've put Gunnarson in there for a couple of games and he's played well, better than Mills actually.

After 10 games, I'm sitting at 6-3-1 and am in second. I expect with as many additions as I made the team will gel eventually and right there at the end.

This is the approach I have taken. When you have a transfer budget of £200-250k and are in need of a fair bit of strengthening, then it was the only choice in my view. I do not rate Bertrand or Cummings at all, and so require a class DR and back-ups for both positions. I also felt that a new ML would help, and if the budget allows, a classy ST to provide competition.

I sold Long and replaced him with Viduka, and also bought in Lauren at right back. Tried to bring in Aron Gunnarsson but didn't have the cash.

How much did you get for Long? He seems a bit useless, but it would depend on the fee for me as he can rotate with Rasiak happily, leaving Hunt and Church to drop deep in my tactic.

This is the approach I have taken. When you have a transfer budget of £200-250k and are in need of a fair bit of strengthening, then it was the only choice in my view. I do not rate Bertrand or Cummings at all, and so require a class DR and back-ups for both positions. I also felt that a new ML would help, and if the budget allows, a classy ST to provide competition.

Bertrand has actually played pretty well for me. I've got him as a backup to Armstrong, naturally, but I don't feel as if acquiring a LB is a priority for my team anymore. I also picked up a RB on a loan deal (Gray, but I don't recall which Premier League team he came from) to allow a breather for Cortes and he's played well in his two starts so far. Long also is maturing at a pretty fast rate and might be ready for some time soon, though he's a better DC.

And I certainly concur with your desired additions to ML and ST. Howard does okay at the ML position and I've got him almost splitting time with Ochirosii, but he's much, much better in the AMC role, when I've got to sit Djuric due to fitness.

Long does quite well for me, actually. I've started him all of three games thus far (18 games into the season plus cups), but he does his damage off the bench, coming onto the pitch eight times as a substitute. He's scored seven goals, so what more could you ask for?

Gray comes from man utd - also got him on loan, also bought amir zaki for 2.5mil over 48 months which is bargain really, scored in both games ive played so far (Notts Forest / Hereford, both wins), will update when i play more, signed some players on a free and a few players from overseas which i can't remember the names of :p, one i can remember is david wright for 300k i think who looks like good cover all across the back 4, i sold church (500k), sigurdson (1mil), karacan (2mil), gunnarson (70k), Henry (1.5mil) and tabb (500k).

Hey guys just bout to finish my 2nd season as Reading and from my 1st season i gotta say sign ebi smolarak he got 19 goals and 11 assists in 36 games for me and so far has 24 goals and 9 assists in my 2nd season. the current squad got me to the play off at first time of asking with the only additions of Ebi and yakubu at RB on frees. i sadly lost in the play offs (in true reading fasion) to bristol city, who are now in the premier league.

I took a long look at Smolarak but decided against him.

My 4-4-2 (posted above) is working well. No sales as yet, and only one permanent signing who's now out on loan. McAnuff is a good impact player but doesn't really contribute when he starts. Long is useless against decent opposition but deadly against lesser sides. That's all I really have to say.

Second season saw me finish a respectable 10th. I signed Christian Benitez for 1m when Birmingham were relegated-an absolute snipand he scored 20 goals.Also got Otamendi for 4.1 and Riquelme on a free. The club was also taken over and serious money pumped in. Fluked my way to winning the FA Cup.

At season start I got around 8 million and signed along with those mentioned above, storari 1m, vingaard 2m,Dorsin 1.2 and szekely 0.85,. After takeover I got around 30 million. I raided Dinamo Kiev for Milevskyi and Badelj for around 14mill in Jan.

Having won the FA Cup Ineeded to plan for europe-I got around 40 mill. I sold Pearce to Liverpool for 10mill (offered 4 and I put it to 10 and theyagreed!!) and Noel Hunt to SheffUtd for4mill. I signed Bojinov on a free and Anthony Annan and Enyeama for 12.5 each. Also signed Mancienne 10 mill (overpriced) Drenthe for 3.5 and Ansaldi for 10mil. I signed a guy from Kiev for 250K Diego Suarez...turned into signing of the season.

Ended the season in 3rd behind Arsenal andChelsea. I also scraped a Euro cup win. Milevskyi scored 19 league,3 cup and 10 Euro. Benitez got 23 league,12euro and Bojinov as my subgot 9 league, 2 cup and 4 euro.

He did ok for the season.I brought in Curtis Davies at start of 4th season. I sold the majority of the younger lads as they didn't turn out great. Walcott is turning out to be good but I don't know if he'll make it. I have a guy-not sure but I think he's a regen-Andy Bartley.He is very good.

The youngsters I bought have turned out very well-Zezinho, Suarez, Marcelo, Spence,

I played with Reading for a little while but got restless and decided to try a different team, when I was at Reading my team was like this:

Federici

Mills

Glauber

Sol Campbell

Chris Armstrong

Brian Howard

Jem Karacan

Kebe

Matejovsky

Noel Hunt

Ebi Smolarek

Worked very well and Noel Hunt scored loads of goals from LW. I then went up to the prem via playoffs and saved it. Haven't pciked it up since.

09/10 Season Update #1

I have finally settled into FM10, and so it's time for my serious Reading career save to begin! Looking through the squad, it really has suffered from the sale of players like Doyle, Hunt, Bikey, Rosenior and Harper. The squad is no longer guarenteed to get promoted, and so strengthening is required.

In the backroom department, I always like to bring in my own second in command, and seeing as Austin seems as if he'd be better off in non-league, my first job was to get him to agree to terminate his contract. With him out the way, I promoted Gibbs to the position of assistant as his attributes were far and above everyone elses and he already has great knowledge of the club and the players. With him as assistant I had faith in my backroom staff, with the exception of the scouting department where I brought in Simon Hunt. With high tactical knowledge and motivation he will happily scout my next opponents so I know what I'm up against. I also tied Hammond to a longer contract, just incase anyone tried to poach him as in previous versions as he is seriously over-rated!

Backroom staff satisfied, I then turned my attentions to the playing staff. Instantly I was hit by the lack of any sort of DR that I could put my faith in, so after a look at who was available, and taking Gibbs advice onboard, I signed Abubakari Yakubu on a free. He is solid defensively and will hold the position for a season or two while I establish myself in the Premiership.

Next on the agenda was a ML as the only players I had for that position were Tabb, Kebe and McAnuff but none were natural in ML. After another quick scout, I came across Boudewijn Zenden, formerly of PSV, Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool and Marseille. How could I resist? My scout rated him as a good signing for premiership teams, so he was high on my list and luckily agreed to sign.

The last position I felt I could do with strengthening was the midfield, specifically another attack-orientated midfielder. Continuing with the tradition of not paying transfer fees for the first season, I looked around and found James McCarthy available on a loan from Wigan. Looking at his stats, I felt he could easily provide competition for Matejovsky and Howard, and signed him on a season-long loan.

The opportunity also arose to sign Stephen Appiah, so he was quickly snapped up, despite interest from some bigger teams.

That concluded my transfer activity, and although my wage budget had been stretched somewhat, I felt I had a team of Premiership quality and was assured a place there for next season. Not only that, but with the signings of Yakubu, Zenden, and Appiah, I felt I had players in whom I could look to for experience to help keep me there!

2009/10 Transfer Activity (link)

Players:

Abubakari Yakubu (link)

Boudewijn Zenden (link)

James McCarthy (link)

Stephen Appiah (link)

Staff:

Nigel Gibbs (link)

Simon Hunt (link)

I'm in February in my 1st season and I'm currently just about 1st in the championship.

Didn't sell anyone but signed Viduka, Henri Camara, Lauren and Ebi Smolarek all for Free. Dave Mooney is my top scorer (i know weird) with 14 goals and his value has gone up from 90k to 1.5 Mil.

Goalkeeper:

Fedders is my real only keeper and has played all games except for one or two when he lost form and the cup games. Hamer did alright in those.

Defence:

Lauren is quality consistently getting 7.5 or higher. I played 4 games during the African Cup of Nations when he was away and didn't win any. A must-sign. Not sure about Left-Back. Did use Kelly for a lot as Armstrong and Bertrand aren't consistent enough. Cummings hasn't done too badly in the few times he's played. The centre-back partnership is brilliant with Cisse (current Championship player of the season) and Pearce (2nd) who recently scored a hat-trick in a 5-0 win over c.Palace. O'Dea played twice before going back and Mills and Ingi have played when Pearce and Cisse were injured or suspended but they aren't as good.

Midfield:

Matejovsky looked to be the star of the team after scroing 8 in pre-season and 3 on the opening game but then had interest from Prem clubs which seemed to unsettle him. Rejected 2.6 mil from Stoke and he's starting to come back to form in February thankfully. Won't sign a new contract though.

The wingers are very inconsistent especially Henry who seemed to be doing brilliantly but lost form. Kebe can look amazing with his dribbling but most of the time dissapoints. McAnuff is useless and the left wing has it's issues. Noel Hunt was used there at the start of the season and did quite well before fading out. Got Bozanic back on loan from Cheltanham and he has been brilliant in the last couple of games getting assist after assist and being very creative.

The centre-midfield partnership is tough to get right especially when Matejovsky kept getting ratins of 5 each match. Howard seems unable to do anything and although looking promising in Pre-Season Tabb has dissapointed. Gunnar is OK and does well in Defence. I did have quite a successfull partnership in Sigurdsson and Davies and Davies scored plenty of long range goals and Siggy score some free kicks. Karacan can occasionally do alright but I may sell him soon.

Strikers:

This is the problem area as i lack a complete partnership. Mooney is banging in goals and scored 4 against Watford and has 14 for the season in 22 apperances. Viduka has looked good at times but unless he gets a goal he usually gets low 6's in the ratings and has scored only 6 this season, including a hat-trick. Henri Camara scored a load of goals b4 the africa cup of nations but went off and hasnt been the same since. Church has got the odd goal in a few appearences but is too weak to really do anything and Long is utter poo despite a hat trick in the FA Cup. Rasiak is an odd one as he scored 2 on the opening day of the season but hasn't scored since and to be fair I've hardly played him but those couple of times he's been dreadful. Not totally sure what to do with Smolarek as after signing him he's scored only two and averages 6.4 in the 11 appearences he's made.

I've tried Antonio and Vasilev and Vasilev looks good and got a goal in the League Cup.

I lost in the 3rd round of the league cup 4-3 to Birmingham after leading 3-1 after 85 mins and leeting in 2 goals in the 7th min of stoppage time when there were only meant to be 3. I almost smashed my computer. I then got completely thumped 7-1! by Liverpool in the 4th round. Torres scoring 6 so i don't know how i'll manage in the prem if i get promoted.

Matejovsky is now valued 3.2 mil, Cisse 2.7 mil and Davies 2.5 mil

My 3 highest average ratings are:

Cisse

Pearce

Mooney

I am shocked to see Mooney do so well for you. Saying that, Church has been on fire in Pre-season for me, scoring 11 in 6, and has scored in the first two games of the season, so we will see how he does. Working well as a deep-lying forward for now though!

After Beating you in the play offs last season i thought id give you a go(tongue in cheek)

After leading the table untill recently currently 6th after 27 games

Players in

Fabien Brandy loan

Kevin Bobson free

Mark Little Loan

Aleksander Solli 120K CD

Ruben Pardo free

Roberto Grimaudo free

Mihai Costea 190k

Jonathan Cristaldo 1,1m

OUT

Gylfi Sigudsson 1m to Coventry

Scott Davies 500k to Blackpool

Simon Church 1,2m to Middlesbrough

Things i have found Matejovsky plays brilliantly as a trequartista and has 12 goals in 20 games with 6 assists and 5 mom and a average rating of 7.42

Shane Long started as a sub but Noel Hunt got injured so Long has taken his chance and playing as a deep lying forward with supports on he has banged 17 league goals in 23 games with a average rating on 7.04.

Jimmy Kebe is scary with his pace and playing him as a attacking right winger he just keeps cutting inside and the 3 (KEBE-MATEJOVSKY-LONG) when on song are almost unstoppable.

Bobson has his moment but doesnt get to play in his attacking right position more of a wide midfielder and has been solid.

At the back i have only realy had 1 consistent player in Pearce the lad is quality and is my team captain in the absence of Ingimarsson and with Pearce,s average rating of 7.10 he up there with the best in the division.

Jonathon Cristaldo has just joined with the Romanian striker

Mihai Costea so the likes of Raiak are surpless and will leave in the summer and even Noel Hunt time may be marked i know he is quality but with Long on a hot streak it may be hard to keep him happy.

The main problam i have had is right back i have tried Little,Kelly,and Cummings but all 3 are just not good enough and i have given Rosenior another 2 year contract

The midfield takes care of it self with Karacan solid and Cisse playing well as in the holding role but i have found Gunnarsson to be a top notch player when called in but with Harper agreeing another 2 years as well (when he returns from SU) he will struggle to get near the first eleven.

i play a 4-2-3-1 Asymmetric system with only really 3 settings

counter-narrow-get ball forward

attacking-get ball forward

outnumber-Get ball foward

well another thing i downloaded the patch day one then re downloaded it on Saturday and added superblades update to level 10 of the football pyrimid then for some reason which si has not got back to me some things are different ie Henri Camara no longer free he is now contracted to Sheff U and Vincent Pericard is at C

carlisle, Not sure if it the update but i think he didnt touch anything i think it is si

The database has not been touched it still says 10.1.0

well another thing i downloaded the patch day one then re downloaded it on Saturday and added superblades update to level 10 of the football pyrimid then for some reason which si has not got back to me some things are different ie Henri Camara no longer free he is now contracted to Sheff U and Vincent Pericard is at C

carlisle, Not sure if it the update but i think he didnt touch anything i think it is si

The database has not been touched it still says 10.1.0

I have a feeling it will be the update you added then, as the patch will not have changed. Superblade must have changed some things tomake it more up-to-date

09/10 Season Update #2

Preseason:

Reading started very brightly, despite the new additions and not quite having the perfect harmony about the squad. Wins over Northampton, Luton, Didcot, Basingstoke, and GH Academy did wonders for team morale. The only blotches were a 4-0 drumming by Chelsea (which isn't a bad thing) and a 1-1 stalemate with Blackburn.

Simon Church in particular was tremendous, scoring 11 goals in the 8 preseason matches, twice getting hatricks! He was telling me he definately was ready for a first team place.

Season so far:

After a strong preseason, the real season kicked off well for us, starting with a 4-1 victory over a poor Nottingham Forest side. Simon Church carried on his scoring tally by netting his first senior goal inside the first minute of his first senior game - it was definately a debut to remember!

Over the course of the next 10 games, our record stood at W7 D2 L1, and we were sitting happy at the top of the table. Things were going well and that man, Simon Church, was simply on fire, bagging himself 9 goals!

Sadly our form could not continue, and we suffered a downturn. Simon Church's goals dried up somewhat, and over the next 14 games we had registered W5 D6 L3. Church had managed to get himself another 5 goals to take his league tally to 14 in 19 games, however an injury against league leaders Bristol City saw him out of action for 7 weeks. That match was a big blow for us, as we also lost Boudewijn Zenden for a similar amount of time with broken ribs.

Morale is slipping and teams we would have beaten easily 4-5 weeks ago are now giving us a run for our money and stealing cheap long range goals that cost us the game. Now in January, and just past the halfway point - it's make or break for this Reading side's title ambitions. We now sit in 4th position, 10 points behind leaders Bristol City. The next few games will be crucial...

Preseason Results (link)

Season Progress (link)

Championship Table (link)

Simon Church (link)

Finally completed the season. And i WON! Winning the champinoship on the final day of the saeson with a 2-1 win over preston, unfroutnately that was not enough to top 2005/06's goalscorers as i fineshed with 99 goals!@+

Mooney banged home the winner with his 20th of the season. Using Long at the end worked and he scored 5 in the last 6 games. Got promoted in dramatic fashion on the penultimate game needing a win and in the 93rd minute Karacan smashed a rebound of Viduka to win 2-1 against Watford.

Just games before I'd been whupped 9-3 buy Cardiff.

Dave Mooney won fans player of the season. And i've released Gunnarson but kept Rosenior as Lauren seems to be fading and i have my doubts about Kelly.

GOALKEEPER:

Fedders looked OK during the season but made mistakes and finished with an average of about 6.5, Hamer didn't look amazing but did the occasional decent job when I played him. Andersen did well on loan for Bristol. R.

DEFENCE:

Amazing at the start of the season with averages of 7.5 but leaked later in the season and looked tired. Lauren faded as did Kelly and Bertrand and Armstrong were inconsistent. Cisse and Pearce made a lot of mistakes and Mills and Ingimarsson were just poor.

MIDFIELD:

MAtejovsky got back into the side ahead of a strong Scott Davies and looked very good at times. Howard was just plain awful and I will prob sell him. Karacan came into the side for the last 10 or so games after an average start to the season and did incredibly well scored loads of goals. Siggy did OK but McAnuff dissapointed. Sold Robson-Kanu to boro for 1.5 mil which helped the financial crisis. Bozanic came in during an injury crisis and got assist after assist and looks a good prospect. Kebe was usually poor but some games his pace just changed everything. Henry started well but got injured and faded.

STRIKERS:

An issue this season. Dave Mooney was plain old bizzare and his Value has gone from £90,000 to £2.5 Million!!! 20 goals and 12 assists. A partners was an issue and Smolarek was my big hope but he flopped, gave him loads of chances but didn't score and was regularly getting ratings of 5. Viduka was inconsistent but seemed to get goals when I needed them most. Rasiak scored two on the opening day but those were his only ones. Church looked promising but got injured for 5 months. Vasilev played once or twice and has an assist and goal to his name. Eventually Long came into the team and as a deep lying forward smashed in the goals!

Been given 11.5 million to spend on a mid-table finsih in the prem. Who shud i buy?

I'm playing as Reading in a network game and am having an absolute stinker.

Sitting 23rd midway through December despite possesing a squad capable of a top 6 finish comfortably.

I had a massive overhaul of the squad, which is probably is not helpful but the asst man says the team is blending well.

My team is:

Federici

Ceballos

Mills

Shilla

Armstrong

Cisse

Stock

Aron Gunnarsson

McAnuff

Simon Poulsen

Hunt/Makriev