Scout reputation

• 1 month later...

Higher scout reputation increases the likelihood of the scout being able to find the asking price of players. It does not influence how accurate the scout reports are though - that depends on its judging ability, judging potential, and to a smaller degree in its determination and level of discipline.

I've got about 7 scouts with really high judgement, and 1 with crap judgement who was at the club when I arrived. The 7 all have local reputation and the poor one has national. Personally I'd always go for attributes over reputation as I don't believe that makes any difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Will a scout's reputation increase if your club's reputation increase? All my scouts are regional and I think should I sign a national scout his reputation would decrease to regional, since my club's repution is regional?

I highly doubt it.

If you signed a player with a 'world wide' reputation his reputation wouldnt suddenly drop to regional because that was the club he was playing at (think david beckham at LA galaxy...) Sure, if he stayed there long enough and the club reputation didnt increase it might well drop over a long period of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well yes - thats my point - did it change overnight? or over a few years?

If it changed over night - well thats a bug because I often signed scouts with national or even local reputations to my world conquering premiership teams, and their reputations only increased slowly after a few years (most of which never seemed to make it to worldwide for some reason)

• 2 months later...

Wouldn't it make sense that a higher rep scout is more likely to find players willing to join your club? If the scout is respected then wouldn't the player be more likely to be convinced by him to join your club?

"Hey, kid. I don't work for the biggest club in the world, but take my word for it: You could do a lot worse than moving to X." Those words would carry a lot more weight coming from a world class rep scout than from a virtually unknown.

Scouts don't tell the players to go and play for a club. They tell the club which players to sign.

Well, presumably the scouts do talk to the people at the player's club. Otherwise how does he know for how much money they would let him go? And if he talks with the people at the club, then surely he also talks to the player? Otherwise how does he know if the player would be interested in joining your club?

Do you have a better idea of how rep works? To suggest that the only effect it has is how much the scout asks for in wages is surely preposterous. Not that YOU said that. But someone did.

Archived