FM09- Official Ascoli Calcio 1898 thread- The Picchio (Woodpeckers)

shanks

Welcome to the Ascoli Calcio 1898 thread

Ascoli-Calcio%5B1

Ascoli Calcio 1898 is an Italian football club based in Ascoli Piceno, Marche. The club was formed in 1898 and currently plays in Italian Serie B, having returned to it after two seasons spent in Serie A. Ascoli played in Serie A between periods of 1974-1976, 1978-1985, 1986-1990, 1991-1992, and 2005-2007. The team's colours are black and white.

Founded in 1898 as "Candido Augusto Vecchi", the team changed his denomination to Ascoli Vigor in 1905, U.S. Ascolana in 1921, and A.S. Ascoli in 1945. In 1955, the team was acquired and saved from bankruptcy by publishing magnate, Cino Del Duca, who merged it with his own team to make the "Del Duca Ascoli". The stadium still bears his and his brother's name. In 1959 the team finally returned in Serie C for the first time since before the beginning of World War II.

One of Ascoli's successes is the fact for a city of 50 000, their record home attendace has reached 36 500 more than 70% than the cities population. In Serie A this was seen against Juventus and the famous season in 1982-83 where Ascoli saved themselves from relegation in the last game of the Serie A season against Cagliari, who were subsequently relegated. However with stadium restrictions the maxium attendance allowed in the Stadio Cino e Lillo Del Duca is 21 000 - 24 000. Nonetheless when filled it is still an amazing achievement from such a small city.

The biggest derby in Le Marche is between Ascoli and Sambenedettese (Samb, Samba). To many it may seem like the biggest derby in Le Marche is between Ascoli and Ancona, this is not the truth. The last time the "derby" was played between Ascoli and Sambenedettese in a league season was in 1986. San Benedetto Del Tronto is a city in the province of Ascoli Piceno, only 20 minutes away from the city of Ascoli Piceno. It is an intense hate of each other, with the pride of each area defended passionately. It is said that a person who wears the oppositions colours in their territory, trouble is most likely to occur. Although the derby has not occurred in many many years, the passionate hate, has never died down.

Club Information

Background

Name: Ascoli Calcio 1898 SpA

Nickname: Picchio (Woodpecker), Bianconeri (White-blacks)

Founded: 1898

Fierce Rivals: Livorno, Ancona, Fermana, Sambenedettese

Other Rivals: Pescara, Padova, Verona, Avellino, Ternana, Giulianova

Affiliations: Udinese, Virtus Lanciano, Giulianova, Alessandria, Pro Vasto, Santegidiese

Legends: Walter Casagrande Junior, Giuseppe Iachini, Walter Alfredo Novellino, Giuseppe Pillon, Gianfranco Bellotto, Carletto Mazzone

Icons: Enrico Mario Nicolini, Crisitan Bucchi, Andrea Barzagli, Fabrizio Lorieri, Franco Brienza, Gaetano Fontana, Edy Baggio, Oliver Bierhoff, Roberto Colacone, Maurizio Domizzi

Favoured Personnel: None

League: Italian Serie B

Media Prediction: 6th

Team Captain: -

Vice Captain: Andrea Soncin

Ground: Cino e Lillo Del Duca

Capacity: 28430 All-seater

Finances

Estimated value: £7.25million

Average ticket price: £16

Average season ticket price: £162

Season ticket holders: 3500

Squad

Enrico Guarna GK

Mirko Pennesi GK

Davide Zomer GK

Massimo Melucci DC

Andrea Giallombardo D/WB/ML

Evangelos Nastos DRC

Matteo Camillini DR/WB/RL

Gabriele Cioffi DC

Giuseppe Bellusci D/WBL

Vittorio Micolucci DLC

Luca Belingheri MC

Luigi Giorgi MC

Daniele Di Donato DM/MC

Andrea Luci DM/MC (See below)

Ilario Aloe AMRL

Francesco Di Tacchio MRC

Vincenzo Sommese AMR

Tsvetomir Todorov AMRLC/FC

Tomi Petrescu (on loan from Tampere Utd) AMRLC/FC

Simone Pesce D/WB/ML

Carlo Luisi DM/MC

William Justino AMC

Edgar Çani (on loan from Palermo) ST

Christian Bucchi (on loan from Napoli) ST

Simone Masini AMR/ST

Andrea Soncin ST

Steeve Gerard Fanka ST

Best XI

GK: Guarna

DR: Nastos

DL: Pesce

DC: Cioffi

DC: Micolucci

MR: Sommese

ML: Todorov

MC: Luci

MC: Di Donato

ST: Soncin

ST: Bucchi

Key Player- Andrea Luci

Position: DM/MC

The Best player at Ascoli, Luci is a strong central midfield player, who doesn’t mind getting stuck into a tackle. His current contract runs till 2010 so be sure to give him an extension because should you get Ascoli to Serie A, this man will play a big role in helping to keep them up. He is slightly vulnerable in the air though, the only downside to his game.

andrealuci.jpg

Best youngster- Tsvetomir Todorov

Position: AMRLC/FC

The 17 year old Bulgarian is a versatile player who can play anywhere across the midfield or up front, which is his natural position. He is definitely one to keep hold of for the long term. Many teams will make co-ownership offers for him at the start of the first season.

ttodorov.jpg

If all else fails, well, Ascoli can rely on their very own Steeve Gerard……………FANKA.

fanka.jpg

Not as good as the real Stevie G but worth a punt in Serie B

Team analysis

Goalkeepers

Guarna is the best keeper at the club. The backup keepers are young and lack experience. So this is an area that definitely needs covering because if Guarna is injured, the others may not be up to standard to take over.

Recommend- Scouring through the reserve teams of Serie A and nabbing a keeper on Loan for the short term.

Defenders

Central defence is not a problem, with good players in the middle such as Cioffi and Micolucci. Plenty of options on the left with Pesce the best out of all of them. 19 year old Bellusci provides good cover on the left should Pesce get injured or have to move up to the Left wing. They are short of options on the right however. Nastos plays there as there is no one of sufficient quality to play at RB.

Recommend- Ivan Franceschini can be got for £120k from Torino and is brilliant in this league. Djibril Diawara can be signed on a free and is versatile enough to play as a DC, DR, DM, or MC. So he provides good cover.

Central Midfielders

A very strong area of the team with the likes of Luci, Di Donato and Belingheri. Backup is needed however.

Recommend- Franco Zuculini is a must in this league as he develops into a great player later on. Daniel Parejo can be bought for £5k from Real Madrid so he is worth getting as his value increases dramatically. Again look through Serie A reserve squads for players to Loan and co-own such as Albin Ekdal and Yago from Juventus, Sam Dalla Bona and Amodio from Napoli and many more.

Wingers

Another area of the team that needs strengthening. Di Tacchio is a good young player but he should probably be loaned out initially to get some experience. Sommese and Todorov are the only realy decent players in these positions, although Sommese is aging and Todorov is better as a striker. A few of the full backs can cover as wingers, such as Pesce (as mentioned earlier). Petrescu is on loan and looks average at best so reinforcements in this area are a must.

Recommend- Marco Ingrao can be obtained for £30k from Standard and is a good left winger. Stefano Fiore can be got on a free and he is capable of playing anywhere across the midfield. Milko Pieren is old but his stats are good and maybe he can be used as a backup wide player. He has very good crossing and dribbling stats. Also, again look through Serie A clubs reserves.

Strikers

Not surprisingly another area of the team that needs strengthening. Cani and Bucchi are good strikers but both on loan for the season. Todorov is a good young player but he lacks experience. Soncin is the only established goal scorer Ascoli have. So Ascoli need to sign some permanent strikers.

Recommend- Reginaldo from Parma can be bought for around £100k and is a very good striker at this level. Davide Chiumiento is expensive at around £500k but is a good, versatile player. There are many good strikers at Serie B clubs already so have a look around other teams in the division and see who you can pick up.

Misc.

A few things to note.

- Udinese are a parent club of Ascoli so at the start of the season you should look through their reserves for players as they are more likely to loan to you.

- No non-EU players can be signed in this division, so limit your searches to EU based players.

- You don't start with the biggest transfer budget (max. £1million-ish) so spend wisely

- Ascoli start the season with a 2 point deduction. This isn't the biggest points deduction to be fair so you should overcome it easily.

Credits

A few special mentions have to go out to people in the creation of this thread.

Firstly, manu_legend as I copied some of the formatting from his Man Utd thread.

Secondly, to Deisler26. I copied some of the formatting from his Empoli thread but also because seeing what he done with Empoli in Serie B gave me the motivation to start in Serie B too. He’s got a great thread running there. Well done.

Finally

I hope you enjoyed reading this. This is my first club thread I made. All feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

Enjoy the Ascoli challenge, and share with everyone else how you are doing.

Good Luck

C’mon the Woodpeckers!!!

I've just started a new save with Ascoli and I will be posting my progress regularly hopefully.

I like how Deisler26 has laid out his updates in his Empoli thread so I will be reporting mine in a similar format (if he doesnt mind) :D

I'm currently Udinese and we have a tremendous youth player named Federico Laurito. He's on loan to Livorno the first season, but the second season, he agreed to join Ascoli on loan in Serie B. He was tremendous for them, and they were promoted thanks to him and the other Udinese youth players (Sodinha, Monteiro, Barreto). If he agreed to join Ascoli in Serie B the second season, he will agree to join them in Serie A during the second season so Ascoli players should definitely look to loan this guy because he's amazing!

And make sure you utilize Udinese as your parent club because they have very good youth.

Thanks

What would you say is the best starting XI and formation?

The ass man said 442 was the best formation. With regards to players I put down the team the ass man said with one change..Pesce as LB and Todorov as LM because the ass man didn't have Todorov anywhere in the starting XI.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this

Season 2008-09

3rd November.

The boards minimum expectation at the start of the season was to achieve promotion- not too hard then!

They also expected me to reach the 3rd qualifying round of the cup, something i feel is more achieveable.

Players In:

A host of players came into the club as the squad needed strenghening.

Manuel Mancini came in from Siena (although his loan was terminated after some poor friendly performances). Albin Ekdal and Nikola Vujadinovic were both loaned from Juventus and Udinese respectively.

Free singings included Djibril Diawara, Stefano Fiore and Seyfo Soley who i just signed about 2 days ago! Milko Pieren was also signed for next to nothing.

Other sigings included Ivan Franceschini from Torino, Franco Zuculini for £180k, Daniel Parejo for a miserly £5k, Karol Kisel for £80k, Marco Ingrao for £30k and Henri Anier for £50k (although he was loaned out to a feeder club).

Players Out:

A number of players had to leave too, as they were not good enough or were loaned out to get experience.

Matteo Camillini, Francesco Di Tacchio, Anier and Edoardo Pacini were all loaned out to various feeder clubs.

Denny Nazari and Edgar Gauracs both went to Frosinone for a nice £250k each. Massimo Melucci found his way to AlbinoLeffe for £100k. Luigi Giorgi moved to Lumezzane for £100k, with Gaeta and Conocchioli both leaving too for £50k each.

Italian Cup

Surpased the boards expectations already by reaching the 1st round proper and a tie against parent club Udinese. Disposed of Leece and Cagliari (4-0) in the previous 2 rounds. The Cagliari result is the best in the season by far.

League:

Despite the 2 point penalty at the start of the season, the team is going strong. Currently in 4th, 2 points behind leaders Treviso. 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats have meant we have been able to keep up with the early pace setters. 29 goals scored is also the most in the league.

In terms of league performance, the best was the 5-0 victory over fierce rivals Ancona, as well as the 2-0 away win at Parma!

Player Performance:

Top scorer is Andrea Soncin with 10 in 14 apps. Karol Kisel leads the way with 6 assists.

I've also agreed a fee to sign Federico Laurito at the end of the season when his loan finishes. Surprisingly Torino are not playing him and so I've agreed a fee of £1.1 million with Udinese for him. Hopefully when he comes i'll be in Serie A.....

.....watch this space

Thanks Purefun and thanks Deisler26

I tried to get Paloschi at the start of the season. Had bids accepted from both Parma and Milan but the player rejected the contract. I gave the highest contract i could afford.

I just tried again now nearer the Jan window but now his value has gone up and i cant afford him because my bids keep getting rejected.

So i had to settle for Laurito. Hopefully he'll do just as well as Al has done for your Empoli team

Welcome to the Ascoli Calcio 1898 thread

Ascoli-Calcio%5B1

Ascoli Calcio 1898 is an Italian football club based in Ascoli Piceno, Marche. The club was formed in 1898 and currently plays in Italian Serie B, having returned to it after two seasons spent in Serie A. Ascoli played in Serie A between periods of 1974-1976, 1978-1985, 1986-1990, 1991-1992, and 2005-2007. The team's colours are black and white.

Founded in 1898 as "Candido Augusto Vecchi", the team changed his denomination to Ascoli Vigor in 1905, U.S. Ascolana in 1921, and A.S. Ascoli in 1945. In 1955, the team was acquired and saved from bankruptcy by publishing magnate, Cino Del Duca, who merged it with his own team to make the "Del Duca Ascoli". The stadium still bears his and his brother's name. In 1959 the team finally returned in Serie C for the first time since before the beginning of World War II.

One of Ascoli's successes is the fact for a city of 50 000, their record home attendace has reached 36 500 more than 70% than the cities population. In Serie A this was seen against Juventus and the famous season in 1982-83 where Ascoli saved themselves from relegation in the last game of the Serie A season against Cagliari, who were subsequently relegated. However with stadium restrictions the maxium attendance allowed in the Stadio Cino e Lillo Del Duca is 21 000 - 24 000. Nonetheless when filled it is still an amazing achievement from such a small city.

The biggest derby in Le Marche is between Ascoli and Sambenedettese (Samb, Samba). To many it may seem like the biggest derby in Le Marche is between Ascoli and Ancona, this is not the truth. The last time the "derby" was played between Ascoli and Sambenedettese in a league season was in 1986. San Benedetto Del Tronto is a city in the province of Ascoli Piceno, only 20 minutes away from the city of Ascoli Piceno. It is an intense hate of each other, with the pride of each area defended passionately. It is said that a person who wears the oppositions colours in their territory, trouble is most likely to occur. Although the derby has not occurred in many many years, the passionate hate, has never died down.

Club Information

Background

Name: Ascoli Calcio 1898 SpA

Nickname: Picchio (Woodpecker), Bianconeri (White-blacks)

Founded: 1898

Fierce Rivals: Livorno, Ancona, Fermana, Sambenedettese

Other Rivals: Pescara, Padova, Verona, Avellino, Ternana, Giulianova

Affiliations: Udinese, Virtus Lanciano, Giulianova, Alessandria, Pro Vasto, Santegidiese

Legends: Walter Casagrande Junior, Giuseppe Iachini, Walter Alfredo Novellino, Giuseppe Pillon, Gianfranco Bellotto, Carletto Mazzone

Icons: Enrico Mario Nicolini, Crisitan Bucchi, Andrea Barzagli, Fabrizio Lorieri, Franco Brienza, Gaetano Fontana, Edy Baggio, Oliver Bierhoff, Roberto Colacone, Maurizio Domizzi

Favoured Personnel: None

League: Italian Serie B

Media Prediction: 6th

Team Captain: -

Vice Captain: Andrea Soncin

Ground: Cino e Lillo Del Duca

Capacity: 28430 All-seater

Finances

Estimated value: £7.25million

Average ticket price: £16

Average season ticket price: £162

Season ticket holders: 3500

Squad

Enrico Guarna GK

Mirko Pennesi GK

Davide Zomer GK

Massimo Melucci DC

Andrea Giallombardo D/WB/ML

Evangelos Nastos DRC

Matteo Camillini DR/WB/RL

Gabriele Cioffi DC

Giuseppe Bellusci D/WBL

Vittorio Micolucci DLC

Luca Belingheri MC

Luigi Giorgi MC

Daniele Di Donato DM/MC

Andrea Luci DM/MC (See below)

Ilario Aloe AMRL

Francesco Di Tacchio MRC

Vincenzo Sommese AMR

Tsvetomir Todorov AMRLC/FC

Tomi Petrescu (on loan from Tampere Utd) AMRLC/FC

Simone Pesce D/WB/ML

Carlo Luisi DM/MC

William Justino AMC

Edgar Çani (on loan from Palermo) ST

Christian Bucchi (on loan from Napoli) ST

Simone Masini AMR/ST

Andrea Soncin ST

Steeve Gerard Fanka ST

Best XI

GK: Guarna

DR: Nastos

DL: Pesce

DC: Cioffi

DC: Micolucci

MR: Sommese

ML: Todorov

MC: Luci

MC: Di Donato

ST: Soncin

ST: Bucchi

Key Player- Andrea Luci

Position: DM/MC

The Best player at Ascoli, Luci is a strong central midfield player, who doesn’t mind getting stuck into a tackle. His current contract runs till 2010 so be sure to give him an extension because should you get Ascoli to Serie A, this man will play a big role in helping to keep them up. He is slightly vulnerable in the air though, the only downside to his game.

andrealuci.jpg

Best youngster- Tsvetomir Todorov

Position: AMRLC/FC

The 17 year old Bulgarian is a versatile player who can play anywhere across the midfield or up front, which is his natural position. He is definitely one to keep hold of for the long term. Many teams will make co-ownership offers for him at the start of the first season.

ttodorov.jpg

If all else fails, well, Ascoli can rely on their very own Steeve Gerard……………FANKA.

fanka.jpg

Not as good as the real Stevie G but worth a punt in Serie B

Team analysis

Goalkeepers

Guarna is the best keeper at the club. The backup keepers are young and lack experience. So this is an area that definitely needs covering because if Guarna is injured, the others may not be up to standard to take over.

Recommend- Scouring through the reserve teams of Serie A and nabbing a keeper on Loan for the short term.

Defenders

Central defence is not a problem, with good players in the middle such as Cioffi and Micolucci. Plenty of options on the left with Pesce the best out of all of them. 19 year old Bellusci provides good cover on the left should Pesce get injured or have to move up to the Left wing. They are short of options on the right however. Nastos plays there as there is no one of sufficient quality to play tat RB.

Recommend- Ivan Franceschini can be got for £120k from Torino and is brilliant in this league. Djibril Diawara can be signed on a free and is versatile enough to play as a DC, DR, DM, or MC. So he provides good cover.

Central Midfielders

A very strong area of the team with the likes of Luci, Di Donato and Belingheri. Backup is needed however.

Recommend- Franco Zuculini is a must in this league as he develops into a great player later on. Daniel Parejo can be bought for £5k from Real Madrid so he is worth getting as his value increases dramatically. Again look through Serie A reserve squads for players to Loan and co-own such as Albin Ekdal and Yago from Juventus, Sam Dalla Bona and Amodio from Napoli and many more.

Wingers

Another area of the team that needs strengthening. Di Tacchio is a good young player but he should probably be loaned out initially to get some experience. Sommese and Todorov are the only realy decent players in these positions, although Sommese is aging and Todorov is better as a striker. A few of the full backs can cover as wingers, such as Pesce (as mentioned earlier). Petrescu is on loan and looks average at best so reinforcements in this area are a must.

Recommend- Marco Ingrao can be obtained for £30k from Standard and is a good left winger. Stefano Fiore can be got on a free and he is capable of playing anywhere across the midfield. Milko Pieren is old but his stats are good and maybe he can be used as a backup wide player. He has very good crossing and dribbling stats. Also, again look through Serie A clubs reserves.

Strikers

Not surprisingly another area of the team that needs strengthening. Cani and Bucchi are good strikers but both on loan for the season. Todorov is a good young player but he lacks experience. Soncin is the only established goal scorer Ascoli have. So Ascoli need to sign some permanent strikers.

Recommend- Reginaldo from Parma can be bought for around £100k and is a very good striker at this level. Davide Chiumiento is expensive at around £500k but is a good, versatile player. There are many good strikers at Serie B clubs already so have a look around other teams in the division and see who you can pick up.

Misc.

A few things to note.

- Udinese are a parent club of Ascoli so at the start of the season you should look through their reserves for players as they are more likely to loan to you.

- No non-EU players can be signed in this division, so limit your searches to EU based players.

- You don't start with the biggest transfer budget (max. £1million-ish) so spend wisely

- Ascoli start the season with a 2 point deduction. This isn't the biggest points deduction to be fair so you should overcome it easily.

Credits

A few special mentions have to go out to people in the creation of this thread.

Firstly, manu_legend as I copied some of the formatting from his Man Utd thread.

Secondly, to Deisler26. I copied some of the formatting from his Empoli thread but also because seeing what he done with Empoli in Serie B gave me the motivation to start in Serie B too. He’s got a great thread running there. Well done.

Finally

I hope you enjoyed reading this. This is my first club thread I made. All feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

Enjoy the Ascoli challenge, and share with everyone else how you are doing.

Good Luck

C’mon the Woodpeckers!!!

Brilliant OP shanks!

3 Feb 09

January transfer window

Saw much activity in and out of the club.

Seyfo Soley, who i signed just a couple of months ago was released after 2 games. He infruriated me when he got 2 red cards in 2 matches. I actually started throwing things around the room after the second red. This red card led to a 90th min penalty against Sassoulo and they scored!!!

Elsewhere, Giordani was sold to Bellaria for £20k, whilst Luca Belingheri went to Grasshoppers for £150.

Also, half of Todorov and Zuculini was sold to Leece and Catania respectively for £500k each.

This gave me a nifty extre £1million to play with and the players in included Stefano Crisi from Parma for £20k and Mark Viduka from the Toon for a cut price £130k. Delighted to have signed him.

Gutted that Paloschi went to Udinese but at least they are my parent club so i'l try to loan him.

EDIT: I put in a loan offer for Paloschi and out of pure luck Udinese accpeted. I have him till the end of the season now :D

Also Milko Pieren's contract was mutually terminated after he kept complaining about not playing enough. Didnt need him anyway

Performace:

Sitting 4th in the league, 2 points behind Parma who lead. 4 defeats all season in the league. Went through my worst period of the season pre-xmas.

Drew 3-3 with Sassoulo (as mentioned earlier) after leading 3-1. Lost 3-2 to Pisa after leading 2-1! And lost to Treviso after leading 1-0!

Also went out of the Italian Cup (as expected) to Udinese, but put up a good fight to go down 3-2.

Players:

Leading the goal scoring charts is DC Ivan Franceschini with 15. Soncin is second with 14. He's gone through a real dry period.

Assist leader are Parejo and Kisel with 9 each.

Thanks Barnetboyz

Paloschi is slow getting off the mark for me. No goals in his first 6 matches using my formation. So i changed to the tactics Deisler26 gave him in the Empoli thread and first match he hit a brace. I hope there is more to come.

Udinese confuse me because they bought Paloschi for £2.6million then they loaned him out to me for the rest of the season. But in the loan agreement i agreed a future price of £4.8million to buy him. Now all i need is that £4.8million

Thanks Barnetboyz

Paloschi is slow getting off the mark for me. No goals in his first 6 matches using my formation. So i changed to the tactics Deisler26 gave him in the Empoli thread and first match he hit a brace. I hope there is more to come.

Udinese confuse me because they bought Paloschi for £2.6million then they loaned him out to me for the rest of the season. But in the loan agreement i agreed a future price of £4.8million to buy him. Now all i need is that £4.8million

Lie, cheat, steal, ANYTHING!! :D

lol i'm trying my utmost to raise that money. hopefully we'll get promoted and so get some extra cash. I've actually got him on a 12 month loan, so he will still be here at the start of the next season. Silly Udinese! I'll try everything to keep him here

Suppose its a nice problem to have as a manger. Player scoring toooo many goals keeping everyone else on the sidelines. Sell the surplus players and make a nice little profit on them i suppose. I'll see how things unfold.

Yep, the problem came when Paloschi was injured. Goals were trickling from other areas, but the forwards were suffering 10 hour goal droughts. Paolucci scored 29 league goals in 89 games over 5 seasons. Compare that to Paloschi's 140 goals in 153 games.

Thanks Barnetboyz

You don't have to pay the future price, it's optional. But I'd reccomend getting him for that amount because that is a great deal and if you wait another year you may find you have to pay 10 times more :thup:

Rubentus Juventus

Here are the tactics i use at corners. Failry simple but they work for me

These are the team instuctions

teamascoli.jpg

And these are the instructions i give to Ivan Franceschini

ivanfranceschini.jpg

If you need any more help let me know

End of season update

Just finished my first season with Ascoli and they were crowned champions of Serie B

Played: 42

Won: 31

Drawn: 7

Lost: 4

For: 112

Against: 36

Review

Brialliant performance from everyone after a long hard seasons of ups and downs (mainly ups though)!

Best performance:

Two performances were really pleasing. The 7-0 destruction of AlbinoLeffe due to the number of goals scored and the 2-0 win over Salernitana. This victory came on the back of 4 games without a win so it was crucial.

Worst Perfomance:

Losing 3-2 at home to Pisa

Star Player:

Ratings wise it's Ivan Franceschini coming with an average rating of 7.61. He bagged 22 goals in 42 matches in all comps. The second top scorer in the team

Managers player of the year:

My award goes to Andrea Soncin who chipped in with 24 goals in 34 at an average rating of 7.32. Not much was expected from him at the start of the season as he is relatively unknown but quickly established himself as the 1st name on the team sheet.

Special mention to Karol Kisel and Daniel Parejo too who got 18 and 16 assists respectively. Top stuff

One to watch out for next season:

2 actually. Todorov was used mainly from the bench this season, but his stats are developing nicely now thanks to sub appearance game time and a good training regime.

Giuseppe Bellusci broke into the team in the second half of the season and has done brilliantly for an 18 year old. Big things expected next season hopefully.

Transfers:

Will follow shortly when i've done some....

Guys desperately need help. Been given £14million start of 2nd season to avoid relegation and i need to strenghen every department of my team. Please help. The priority is a striker as I lost Paloschi

10million. Ideally that needs to be split 3 ways into a left winger, right winger and striker.

But if it has to be into 2 then i can leave the right winger for this window as i have got Santon in who could do that job.

Take a look at J A Albin, Razvan Ochirosii, Saivet, W Santana, Feghouli, H Barbosa. You could see if Menez is being played if not try and get him either on loan or permanent.

Could look at Rosina but I doubt he's going to be cheap, what about Tranquillo Barnetta?

Start of season 2 update

Just completed my summer shopping.

WOW What a spending spree. I used the £14million the board gave me to the extreme

Players In:

The following players all signed on frees:

Ayub Daud

Mariano Pernia

Lee Bowyer

Bosko Jankovic

Morgan De Scantis

Cacapa

Andrea Russotto

Cristiano Lupatelli

Other players bought for a fee included:

Davide Santon