FM 09: Official Bognor Regis FC Thread- The Rocks!

BRTFC-crest-copy-small.jpg

Bognor Regis Town F.C.

Bognor Regis Town F.C. is a football club based in Nyewood Lane, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, England. They were established in 1883 and have reached the second round of the FA Cup four times in their history. They currently play in the Conference South and were managed for 31 years by Jack Pearce, until his decision to step down in October 2007. The club's nickname of The Rocks stems from a formation of rocks which lie about a mile from the beach at Bognor Regis.

Background

Name: Bognor Regis

Nickname: The Rocks

Founded: 1883

Home Kit: Green and White

Away Kit: Light Blue

Rivals: Worthing, Eastbourne, Lewes

Minor Rivals: -

Legends: -

Icons: -

Favoured Personnel: -

League: Blue Square South

Media Prediction: 22nd (Last)

Team Captain: Danny Smith

Vice Captain: Duncan Jupp

Finances

Estimated Value: £275k

Loan Debt: £60k

Balance: £15,000

Transfer Budget: £0k

Remaining Wage Budget: £-42

Stadium and Training

Ground: Nyewood lane, Bognor nyewood_lane.jpg

Season Ticket Holders: 76

Average Ticket Price: £8

Average Season Ticket Price: £80

Training Facilities: Basic Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal Youth Facilities

Squad

Gk Chris Tardif

DF Duncan Jupp (captain)

DF Andy Pearson -not in squad but can be loaned in from Brighton

DF James Crane

DF Sam Pearce

DF Jack Smith

DF Patrick Cox

DF Michael Byrne

MF Danny Smith

MF Scott Chamberlain

MF James Archer

MF Gary Funnell

MF Dominik Reichardt

MF Michael McEnery

FW Jones Awuah

FW Jahson Downes

FW Nathan Lynch

First Teamers in Bold

Squad Anaylsis

Goalkeepers

Well you only have one keeper who is Chris Tardif, who isnt brilliant but will do the job for the first season , due to no money and limited wage available, but a second choice is needed.

Defenders

Not Bad for the divison with Duncan Jupp doing a good job but lacking in pace. But when you loan Andrew Pearson he will slot along side him which will help him out. Left Back is the weakest postion with only James Crane being able to play there, you have to buy a replacement for him. Jack Smith is the right back, despite his stats not being amazing ,he does a decent job and scores a couple as well. Sam Pearce and Patrick Cox are back up, with Sam Pearce being the defender on the bench, i offloaded Patrick Cox as he takes up a lot of wage.

Midfield

Is pretty weak with only Chamberlain and Danny Smith being good enough , Michael Mcenery will be good enough for the first season but might need replacing where as Chamberlain can play on the left and right, but another CM is needed, Gary Funnell is good enough back up but more depth is needed. Where as James Archer would start but really needs replacing as he isnt good enough.

Strikers

Weakest area of the team with only 3 strikers and Only Jones Awuah really being okay, Nathan Lynch and Jahson Downes will provide decent back up , a partner for Jones Awuah will be needed.

Try to sign Craig Stoner for free from Burgess Hill for a back up keeper- but will need all english players loaded i also suggest maybe loading up French and Polish to help, even though i didnt.

I finished 16th in the first season which was good and the second i was given no transfer budget and no more wage , so will just have to sell and replace and with the wage being budget very low.

Anyway i think this is a very hard challenge, but also is very fun. The Rocks have never been above BSS so be the first!

Have fun playing with Bognor!

Tbh im getting rather bored only 1 defeat in the league and that was with injuries and qualified for the FA cup first round before getting knocked out by league one opposition so im gonna stop playing cause I know i can get them promoted easily (Y) if anyone wants any advice ill be happy to give it :)

Load up all players from Reunion and sign most of them and release all of your team then play a 442 (Y)

Well, I assume you are talking seriously, but to do what you said needs a lot of cash, and in the end it's not a realistic experience and boring as ****

Well, I assume you are talking seriously, but to do what you said needs a lot of cash, and in the end it's not a realistic experience and boring as ****

no it doesnt and how is it not realistic I am buying real players from real amatuer teams who irl would get no compensation either and the lower leagues are already not realistic so your arguement doesnt make sense

I don't have much leisure time currently, So my game progress is slow but very exciting. Add to that I had to start all over again. However I managed to make some good work in the transfer market.

bbbe.png

We played 3 games so far 2 at home in the beginning with a disappointing loss to St.Albans 0-1 and a draw with Chelmsford. We were unlucky in these matches but the lads proved to have a character in the third match away to Bromley with a comeback in 87th minute to turn a 1-2 loss into a 3-2 victory.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to just release all the players and start from scratch. My current first team is -

Jahson Downes -- Gordan Patton

Paul Cahillane -- Paul Cox (Regen)-- Palarse midfielder -- Colin Keenan

Liam Robinson -- Ian Wallace -- Kieran Murphy -- Nathaniel Clyne (Palarse are my parent club)

Lee Boyle

3 games left to go and i'm champions. Whats more I got to the semi finals of the League Cup and Fa trophy so will hopefully have a bit of a transfer budget next season.

iv started unemployed and got the job at bognor,

i recommend

cedric vanoukia

jean-phillippe javary

pascal bedrossian

ondrej kral

rudi pounoussamy

willy robert

michael reddy

steeve gustan

yohan guichard

sebastian doldan