Condition of players dropping way to fast in match

i made a post of the general forum but im not getting much luck there. its driving me crazy that no matter what i do i have to sub players in 3 certain position regardless if i change there forward runs, marking, mentality, closing down, creative freedom, and match tempo. No matter what i try i cant stop there condition dropping way faster than the others even though they seem to cover less distance in a match than alot of my other players in diferent positions. Its annoying because i have to sub these players around the 60 min mark which dont allow me to sub any other ever (and when someone gets a knock/injury then im screwed)

Please help as this is ruining my game.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2923290#post2923290

Various factors, including:

-Closing down

-Forward runs

-Run with ball

-Size of pitch

-Training workload

-Jadedness of player

-Stamina and natural fitness

-Position on the pitch

-Tactics - how the team moves throughout the game

The type of game is also a factor for me. In a close match with both sides fighting, players seem to put more effort in. When it's one-sided and you're destroying the opposition I find players use less energy and their condition stays higher. It's like they can control the game without having to get out of 2nd gear.

The type of game is also a factor for me. In a close match with both sides fighting, players seem to put more effort in. When it's one-sided and you're destroying the opposition I find players use less energy and their condition stays higher. It's like they can control the game without having to get out of 2nd gear.

This is how it used to be for me too but something has seriously change since the recent patch.

-Closing down i have tried altering this with no luck

-Forward runs tried altering this (1 of my wingers have this and 1 is on mixed, condition stays the same with both players)

-Run with ball Although my wingers have this Cesc dosnt and he still gets roughly the same bad in match condition.

-Size of pitch The size of the pitch should count towards more than 3 of my players condition (so i dont think its this)

-Training workload ive tried everything, from downloading tactics to trying my own.

-Jadedness of player No way is it this as the players im talking about play less games and less minutes when they do play.

-Stamina and natural fitness. This diference is way too big for this to be the issure ( read the post in which i provided a link and you will see the example)

-Position on the pitch This can be the only reason in which im scared that it has resulted in a broken game for me and hugely unrealistic. (Do you see cesc getting subbed every game he plays at the 60 min mark playing in a 442 formation with no forward runs?)

-Tactics - how the team moves throughout the game This is why i made the thread but it seems no matter what i do tactically it seems to make 0 difference.

Sorry if it seems like im whining i just want a fixed enjoyable game and im providing Info on what i have already tried. Ive been playing every champ/football manager game since the 1st. So i have plenty of experience but nothing that i try in which seems logical seems to work.

I have the same problem, my mca, mr and ml get absolutely exhausted every match, despite being on mixed forward runs and medium closing down (as is the whole team). I play a 4-4-2 with normal tempo and with, so no weird tactics that should influence this.

I sub my wingers around 60th minute in every match, while I rotate who plays mca, only way I can make my team stay fit :(.

Both wingers have stamina and natural fitness 15.

So far, I have found no other solution to this :confused:

Im still working on this myself, and if it gets to the point where i have to download someones tactic then id rather quit playing tbh. I have been playing this game ever since it 1st hit the shelves and i have never had to download a tactic before. The fun part in this game is the tactical part where you try to get the team how you want it to play.

Im doing well atm 2nd in the league and in the final of the champs league in my 1st season, but im sick of having to sub my best player/captain (cesc) half way through every match.

So if this problem is fixable please please let us know how you acheived it.

I dont seem to have this problem to much.

I play with Spurs.

It could still be jadedness. Even if you are not playing them every game, your training might be a little to tough.

You could, if you wanted to, download FM Genie scout 2009. Found in Editors section somewhere. There, you can save a game, load it into the scout and check the Jadeness of the whole team.

It could be a number of these factors too:

Your team getting tackled hard. I mean, lets face it, who wouldnt want to put the 'boot in' on Arsenal 8O) (I am not baised at all) (Why am I even trying to help!). Players seeminly lose condition with the more they get clattered

check out your marking and what those players who are being marked are doing. I dont beleive it would be this as your team should be sufficiently high in stamina and natural fitness to be able to track players ingame and then recover.

A high tempo, will wear players out too. Also (pressumption here) a very low time wasting might do the same - thing of it as not letting your team catch their breath.

Some silly things to check here too. If you are lowering the CD through team control, ensure that their individual settings are also being unticked or lowered if different to the team.

Is it the whole team or a few key players?

Thanks for the help (even yhough you are a yid :) ) I dont think its jadedness as i was using default training and then i downloaded some training from here to see if this helped but it didnt. Most player are fine but what bugs me most is that cesc and my wingers lose there condition alot faster than anyone else no matter what i try. ive tried taking off forward runs, where cesc is constantly just on mixed and even put wingers on mixed to see if this made a difference to them, but they still tire alot faster than my other players. I use Arsene Wengers TTF tactics which it also mentions to get my cma (running forward, in which i cant do). You might be right about other teams targeting my players with hard tackles, but again why just these 3 players and never any of my 2 strikers.

Maybe anyone playing with arsenal or Cesc in there side can explain to me how they get him playing for 90 min without being cream crackered. Like i said i do have this problem with my wingers too but if i can just have a choice to be able to make 1 substitution other than these 3 players constantly then ill be happy.

Ps its not just cesc that dies in that position its whoever plays there, even denilson with very high stam cant handle it. And tactics set for this position are nothing out of the ordinary, this is why this game is really starting to put me off.

I know the first thing a lot people do is to go out and buy the best players they can afford, but how many look at their coaches. I always start by looking at my staff and I get the best fitness coaches and then I use Tug's training...only because I cant be bothered to do it myself. I dont use the normal lets run around like headless chicken tactics either, I use the WM system and you can read all about this at the following thread...http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106245... and before anyone asks, NO there is no download for this tactic, what we have done is to set it as a discussion thread only and we have put our player and team settings on there so people can set up their own players and team and then tweak it to suit them.

Having looked at the SS you provided it got me excited but then i jumped into the link you provided it showed me that you arent using a 442 formation. Player wise i havent bought a single guy in, the only activity i have had in the tranfer market is signing coaches to get my training stats up which are atm 5 star and up for all (and i use tugs training). I hope you arent refering to a 442 formation as running around like headless chicken tactics as this is the most widely used formation in the premier league. Results wise im doing fine (final of the champs league and 2nd in the prem 2 points of chelski in season 1).

The point of this thread is not for which formation to use its more like how the heck do u play a 442 formation without killing all your wingers and cm. Like i said no matter what i try tacticaly i cant get players in these postions to have realistic conditioning during a match.

Its really starting to look to me that 442 in FM09 is seriously flawed (Like so many other things in this version has/is atm)

Im not bashing the game as i has been a keen (addicted) player ever since the 1st release. So for someone like me who in preivious versions new this game practically inside out to have to come on a forum to read about how to play shows some serious flaws. Im not trying to act big headed when saying this but i have never ever had to to this before in any previous version of FM/CM. Which means either those where completely unrealistic games for god know how many years or its this 1 version that is broken.

The point of this thread is not for which formation to use its more like how the heck do u play a 442 formation without killing all your wingers and cm

This is what I was trying to show, that my players are NOT killing themselves, which I thought the thread was about...

Re: Condition of players dropping way to fast in match

SA,

What size pitch are you using?

Playing a large pitch and having your players run around it rather than pass around it will cause them to tire.

If its large you might want to lower some 'RWB'. I am not sure how bad some of your conditions are. I mean, some of mine fall to 70% or so around 70mins.

It would stand to reason that its the AMC and wingers. Wingers have to do alot of running as does the AMC due to their normaly high 'Off the ball' (AMC). Also.... again, going back to my earlier point. I would hazard a guess that Cesc is getting tackled hard.

Maybe you can look ingame for clues. Play a few full games and see if there are comments about Cesc getting fouled.... or even check the stats at the end of the game. if he has been fouled alot then that might be your clue.

If he is RWB often or your are playing a slow temp or he is holding up the ball.... all of these things means that he is going to get hit hard. If he is buzzing the ball around before the oppo get there, then he might improve.

LAM

Thanks Lam you may have a point although he isnt on RWB often he has it on mixed, ill try to switch it on rare and see if this helps as his CF is high which may make him run with the ball alot more often than he should. RossoneriGunner i wasnt having a go and i appreciate the help:). Just to make it a bit more clear i want to create a system the same way the current Arsenal team play. And im just finding it very frustrating with the lvl of realism atm of said players conditions. I could understand if this was the whole team suffering, but when its just these few positions then to me it obviously a problem with the said players individual instructions, but i have tweaked these over and over again and in some cases going way overboard to get these players to last longer in a match. Atm im spending far more time on trying to fix this problem than i am actually having fun playing. Im an oldschool player of FM/CM and a huge football fan (season ticket holder for over ten years) so my tactical knowlege of football and on FM is probably higher than average but im struggling with this big time. Obviously SI have made huge changes to this patch (9.03) but i feel that tactics have become way to computer based programing than REAL LIFE common sence. Trust me i would love to be wrong on this but i have spent weeks/month and i am getting no where with it.

Just a thought.

Play someone else in their positions for one game and see if they have the same effect.

If they tire to, then its likely the position and instructions. If they do not then its likely the oppo take pot shots

I had this problem, I was playing a fast tempo and closing down often. Just slow the game down or don't close down as much and you should be fine.

(By this I mean you can only really have one to the left of the slider and one to the right, not one in the middle and one on the right. Not until you have a top team anyways).

• 2 weeks later...
SS - post your team instructions, and the player instructions for the 3 players in question. By the process of elimination it'll get figured out

Sorry i decided to take a break, the instructions are player instructions for Cesc

Mentality= 2 notches past mixed

CF= Much passing style= mixed

Closing down = now global (seems to work better for the team) but he use too allways have less than my defensive cm,

Tackling= mixed ,

Forward runs = mixed,

Run with the ball = rarely,

Try through balls= Often,

Long shots= mixed

cross ball= rarely,

Tight marking = yes recently changed from no as it did nothing to his condition.

team instructions:

Passing= short

Tempo= very slow mostly

Witdh= i change alot depending who i play and the score at the time

Closing down= Again depending on who i play eith 1-2 notch whole pitch or right in the middle (own half)

Time wasting= mixed

Defencesive line= mixed to 1st notch pushed up (depend who im playing) i have fast defenders.

Tackling= normal

Zonal marking

Tight marking

focus passing mixed

the rest is unticked

Any ideas?

Archived