FM09: Boca Juniors [Official Thread] - El Rey de Copas

Club Atlético Boca Juniors

Argentine Primera División

boca-juniors.jpg

Information

The club was founded in April 1905 in Buenos Aires and is today the most supported club in Argentina but they also have supporters in Japan, Russia, Ukraine, Spain and Israel. Boca Juniors are particularly popular in Japan because of the club's success in recent years at the Intercontinental Cup held in Japan.

Boca has won 18 international titles and domestically the club has won 23 national championships. In the Club World Ranking they are currently ranked 3rd.

There's a long standing rivalry with River Plate. The Superclásico is known worldwide as one of world football's fiercest and most important rivalries. It is particularly noted for the passion of the fans, the stands of both teams feature fireworks, coloured confetti, flags and rolls of paper. Both sets of supporters sing passionate songs against their rivals, and the stadiums are known to bounce with the simultaneous jumping of the fans. Sometimes the games have been known to end in riots between the hardest supporters of both sides or against the police.

Nation: Argentina

Year Founded: 1904

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Bank Balance: £0

Transfer Budget: £5,263,158

Captain: Martín Palermo

Vice-Captain: Juan Román Riquelme

Fierce Rivals: River Plate, Independiente, San Lorenzo, Racing Club

Other Rivals: Chacarita

Legends: Diego Maradona

Icons: Carlos Bianchi, Carlos Tevez, Juan Román Riquelme, Martín Palermo, Guillermo Barros Schelotto, Sebastián Battaglia, Diego Cagna, Roberto Abbondanzieri, Blas Giunta

Favoured Personnel: Mauricio Serna, Alberto Márcico, Oscar Córdoba, Jorge Bermúdez, Sergio Martínez

Disliked people: Ariel Ortega, Ramón Díaz, Daniel Passarella, Hernán Díaz, Leonardo Astrada, Sergio Berti, Angel Comizzo, Fabricio Coloccini, José Luis Villarreal

Current Squad

Current first team squad for Boca Juniors as of 26 February 2009.

1. Roberto Abbondanzieri (GK)

2. Julio César Cáceres (SW, D C)

3. Claudio Morel Rodríguez (D LC)

4. Hugo Ibarra (D/WB R)

5. Sebastián Battaglia (DM/M RC)

6. Juan Forlín (SW, D C)

7. Pablo Mouche (ST)

8. Damián Díaz (AM RLC)

9. Martín Palermo (ST)

10. Juan Román Riquelme (AM C)

11. Leandro Gracián (AM C)

12. Javier García (GK)

13. Facundo Roncaglia (D C)

14. Rodrigo Palacio (F C)

15. Álvaro González (DM/M RC) ON LOAN

16. José María Calvo (D/WB RL)

17. Ricardo Noir (F C)

18. Luciano Figueroa (ST) ON LOAN

20. Juan Krupoviesa (D/WB/M L)

21. Cristian Chávez (AM RC)

22. Fabián Vargas (DM, M RLC)

24. Exequiel Benavídez (DM, M C)

25. Josué Ayala (GK)

27. Lucas Viatri (ST)

28. Nicolás Gaitán (AM C)

29. Gabriel Paletta (D C)

30. Jonathan Phillippe (ST)

36. Julio Barroso (D/WB R)

Note:

There is a lot of players out on loan at the club. Fabián Monzón ( D/WB L) is currently playing for Real Betis. Omar Pérez and Guillermo Marino are two others.

Key Players

bocabocajuniors.jpg

1. Rodrigo Palacio

He plays as a second striker but you can also try him as a winger. One of his greatest skills is his speed, which he utilises very effectively down the flanks. Works very well with Martín Palermo and is always called up to his national team - Argentina. Renew his contract and sell him expensive. A lot of big clubs from Europe will try to bid for him. One of the best strikers playing in South America.

2. Martín Palermo

The captain of the team nicknamed "El Loco". Old but still going strong. Always banging in goals, very strong with his head and the heart of Boca Juniors. Can be usefull until he's 37-39 years old.

3. Sebastián Battaglia

A defensive midfielder full of determination, stamina and teamwork. He is the link between defence and midfield, and keeps the team together. A player for the Argentina national team.

4. Roberto Abbondanzieri

49 caps for Argentina and 36 years old, but still a very good and solid goalkeeper. Will retire at the end of the season.

5. Juan Román Riquelme

A fantastic midfield playmaker, indispensable to the club. With great technical attributes Riquelme is the best player playing in South America. Let him take the corners, free kicks, penalties and make him your playmaker. Build your team around number 10.

Stadium

The Estadio Alberto J. Armando is a stadium located in the La Boca district of Buenos Aires. Widely known as "La Bombonera" due to its shape, with a "flat" stand on one side of the pitch and three steep stands round the rest of the stadium

"La Bombonera" currently has a capacity of around 57,395, the club's popularity make tickets hard to find, especially for the Superclasico game against River Plate. There are planned improvements for the stadium, including measures to ease crowd congestion, use of new technology in the stadium and improved corporate facilities.

bon1.jpg

Formation And Tactial Tips

The best way to play with Boca Juniors is with a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2 tactic. Play Battaglia and Riquelme in the central midfield with Vargas on one flank. Or use Vargas as a backup in central midfield if Battaglia get injured. Juan Krupoviesa can play on the left midfield. Palacio and Palermo up front scoring goals. Abbondanzieri as your goalie with Morel Rodríguez, Cáceres, Paletta and Ibarra in the defence.

A hot tips is to build a "new" team around Riquelme. Tick the playmaker button and give him the role. Buy players with high work rate to do his work on the pitch to. Let him do what he likes - attack!

This is a 4-1-3-2 tactic with Riquelme in the central midfield role. In that role he rule the midfield and got space to do things:

bocabocaformation.jpg

Transfer Tips

Daniel Bilos and Martin Posse on free transfer can improve the team. But with no big money to spend it may be wise to invest the money in the youth academy and get some real Boca players for the first team.

League Rules

The match squad must have no more then 4 foreign players.

The season is divided in two parts: Opening Stage and Closing Stage = 38 matches. If you win the Opening Stage and the Closing stage you will automatic win the league = 3 titles.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice thread. It's a shame that more people don't try their hand in the Argentinian or Brazilian leagues while they are happy to pick the great talent that is produced in them.

Considering starting a file with Boca, going to take your advice and use a 4132 system. My only query is what do you do for the lack of wingers? Any tips for some solid wide players for the Argentine league?

Players In:

Everton Ribeiro - Loan

Christian Gimenez - £2.6m

Franco Zuculini - £1.8m

Players Out:

Mauricio Caranta - £1.9m

After 2 wins and a draw i'm second in the league. Is there no cup competition in Argentina?

he isnt really getting in the team for me, ive used him in a couple of matches when i put my second string out, and he's been impressive.

but as i say he doesnt normally get in with riquelme being my main attacking midfielder.

Club Atlético Boca Juniors

Argentine Primera División

boca-juniors.jpg

Information

The club was founded in April 1905 in Buenos Aires and is today the most supported club in Argentina but they also have supporters in Japan, Russia, Ukraine, Spain and Israel. Boca Juniors are particularly popular in Japan because of the club's success in recent years at the Intercontinental Cup held in Japan.

Boca has won 18 international titles and domestically the club has won 23 national championships. In the Club World Ranking they are currently ranked 3rd.

There's a long standing rivalry with River Plate. The Superclásico is known worldwide as one of world football's fiercest and most important rivalries. It is particularly noted for the passion of the fans, the stands of both teams feature fireworks, coloured confetti, flags and rolls of paper. Both sets of supporters sing passionate songs against their rivals, and the stadiums are known to bounce with the simultaneous jumping of the fans. Sometimes the games have been known to end in riots between the hardest supporters of both sides or against the police.

Nation: Argentina

Year Founded: 1904

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Bank Balance: £0

Transfer Budget: £5,263,158

Captain: Martín Palermo

Vice-Captain: Juan Román Riquelme

Fierce Rivals: River Plate, Independiente, San Lorenzo, Racing Club

Other Rivals: Chacarita

Legends: Diego Maradona

Icons: Carlos Bianchi, Carlos Tevez, Juan Román Riquelme, Martín Palermo, Guillermo Barros Schelotto, Sebastián Battaglia, Diego Cagna, Roberto Abbondanzieri, Blas Giunta

Favoured Personnel: Mauricio Serna, Alberto Márcico, Oscar Córdoba, Jorge Bermúdez, Sergio Martínez

Disliked people: Ariel Ortega, Ramón Díaz, Daniel Passarella, Hernán Díaz, Leonardo Astrada, Sergio Berti, Angel Comizzo, Fabricio Coloccini, José Luis Villarreal

Current Squad

Current first team squad for Boca Juniors as of 26 February 2009.

1. Roberto Abbondanzieri (GK)

2. Julio César Cáceres (SW, D C)

3. Claudio Morel Rodríguez (D LC)

4. Hugo Ibarra (D/WB R)

5. Sebastián Battaglia (DM/M RC)

6. Juan Forlín (SW, D C)

7. Pablo Mouche (ST)

8. Damián Díaz (AM RLC)

9. Martín Palermo (ST)

10. Juan Román Riquelme (AM C)

11. Leandro Gracián (AM C)

12. Javier García (GK)

13. Facundo Roncaglia (D C)

14. Rodrigo Palacio (F C)

15. Álvaro González (DM/M RC) ON LOAN

16. José María Calvo (D/WB RL)

17. Ricardo Noir (F C)

18. Luciano Figueroa (ST) ON LOAN

20. Juan Krupoviesa (D/WB/M L)

21. Cristian Chávez (AM RC)

22. Fabián Vargas (DM, M RLC)

24. Exequiel Benavídez (DM, M C)

25. Josué Ayala (GK)

27. Lucas Viatri (ST)

28. Nicolás Gaitán (AM C)

29. Gabriel Paletta (D C)

30. Jonathan Phillippe (ST)

36. Julio Barroso (D/WB R)

Note:

There is a lot of players out on loan at the club. Fabián Monzón ( D/WB L) is currently playing for Real Betis. Omar Pérez and Guillermo Marino are two others.

Key Players

bocabocajuniors.jpg

1. Rodrigo Palacio

He plays as a second striker but you can also try him as a winger. One of his greatest skills is his speed, which he utilises very effectively down the flanks. Works very well with Martín Palermo and is always called up to his national team - Argentina. Renew his contract and sell him expensive. A lot of big clubs from Europe will try to bid for him. One of the best strikers playing in South America.

2. Martín Palermo

The captain of the team nicknamed "El Loco". Old but still going strong. Always banging in goals, very strong with his head and the heart of Boca Juniors. Can be usefull until he's 37-39 years old.

3. Sebastián Battaglia

A defensive midfielder full of determination, stamina and teamwork. He is the link between defence and midfield, and keeps the team together. A player for the Argentina national team.

4. Roberto Abbondanzieri

49 caps for Argentina and 36 years old, but still a very good and solid goalkeeper. Will retire at the end of the season.

5. Juan Román Riquelme

A fantastic midfield playmaker, indispensable to the club. With great technical attributes Riquelme is the best player playing in South America. Let him take the corners, free kicks, penalties and make him your playmaker. Build your team around number 10.

Stadium

The Estadio Alberto J. Armando is a stadium located in the La Boca district of Buenos Aires. Widely known as "La Bombonera" due to its shape, with a "flat" stand on one side of the pitch and three steep stands round the rest of the stadium

"La Bombonera" currently has a capacity of around 57,395, the club's popularity make tickets hard to find, especially for the Superclasico game against River Plate. There are planned improvements for the stadium, including measures to ease crowd congestion, use of new technology in the stadium and improved corporate facilities.

bon1.jpg

Formation And Tactial Tips

The best way to play with Boca Juniors is with a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2 tactic. Play Battaglia and Riquelme in the central midfield with Vargas on one flank. Or use Vargas as a backup in central midfield if Battaglia get injured. Juan Krupoviesa can play on the left midfield. Palacio and Palermo up front scoring goals. Abbondanzieri as your goalie with Morel Rodríguez, Cáceres, Paletta and Ibarra in the defence.

A hot tips is to build a "new" team around Riquelme. Tick the playmaker button and give him the role. Buy players with high work rate to do his work on the pitch to. Let him do what he likes - attack!

This is a 4-1-3-2 tactic with Riquelme in the central midfield role. In that role he rule the midfield and got space to do things:

bocabocaformation.jpg

Transfer Tips

Daniel Bilos and Martin Posse on free transfer can improve the team. But with no big money to spend it may be wise to invest the money in the youth academy and get some real Boca players for the first team.

League Rules

The match squad must have no more then 4 foreign players.

The season is divided in two parts: Opening Stage and Closing Stage = 38 matches. If you win the Opening Stage and the Closing stage you will automatic win the league = 3 titles.

Contender for best thread of the year award.

My beloved Boca, Always start with them, In my 3rd clausura now, having won all the previous titles and everything else for that matter.

Developed a 433 tactic for them which is working a treat at the mo.

Palermo just got his 200th league goal which I was over the moon about. Board sold Riquelme for 13 mil in my first seson, but I just got him back for 3 WOOHOO.

Did Monzon get poached in your save as he did in mine once his loan finished he went to betis for 5.5mil.

Palacio sadly wouldn't accept a new contract and went to Man Utd on a free much to my dismay.

I have made a promise to myself that at some point in my life I am going to attend a supergrandeclassico at La Bombonera.

If there is anyone playing as Boca who doesn't have a good idea of jut how amazingly passionate and loyal its fans are, here is a little video I found

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=yjK&q=boca+juniors&revid=369503126&ei=UzLBSdA92ceMB-TIsCY&resnum=4&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=VTLBSa_iEeTCjAen57Ew&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=6&ct=title#

Its the top one called height of passion, its a very good watch.

Great thread by the way.

Viva Los Xeneizes.

valencia have just made a £12m bid for palacio, what do i do?!

his value is £6m and he's scored 15 in 25 apps. i want to keep him but i know i won't be able to with bids coming from liverpool, genoa and lyon as well!

also roma have made a bid of £12.5m for riquelme.

See if you can get a percentage of the next sale, what season you in?

If not negotiate the deal so you sell him at the end of the season, may as well get a seaon out of him.

Franco Neill should avoid signing a contract if you show interest in season 1. Mouche is a good replacement for Pacio, though doesn't score as many, look at Dominguez at zenit too got him when his contract was up and he is amazing.

im in season 1 but ive already won the premier division.

Roma have withdrawn their bid for riquelme after i asked for the cash upfront rather than other 18 months.

ive also managed to pursuade him to sign a new 3 year contract.

good for you the man is a god.

well dominguez's contract should be expiring soon, unles he signed a new one. Zeleya at central is good.

How are your finances doing? mine are shot even though I have one everything including makiing 7 mil from to world club championships beating lyon then real madrid.

in argentina the season is split into 2 the apatura (opening stage) and the clausura (closing stage). their is still an overall league table which takes average points nto account I think, but the league titles are split between opening and closing stage. so in theory you can win the league twice a year earning the same ammount of points in hall of fame as if you had managed 2 38game seasons.

Played 3 league games in my third season and just won the South American Recopa after a 8-5 aggregate win over Estudiantes (LP).

YOUTH

I want Boca Juniors to be the best team in the world, so I invest almost all my money in the youth academy. Youth is the key.

JUAN ROMÁN RIQUELME

He has been fantastic for me. Delighted to have him in the team. Not for sale at any cost.

His statistics from the second season:

juanromanriquelme.jpg

THE TEAM

I'm happy with my team. Javier García is the first team goalkeeper. He has played very well and was called up to the national squad for the World Cup 2010. But he didn't start any of the games. Fabián Monzón and Damian Gimenez are both left backs. I regard Monzón to be the better player. I have Maximiliano Raffaele in my right back position.

Sebastían Battaglia, my tenacious defensive midfielder is still here after many bids from Europe. The link from defence to midfield. My other defensive midfielder Exequiel Benavídez will take his place after 4-5 years from now. Juan Román Riquelme is the playmaker in the central midfield, a giant.

Jesús Dátolo, Alejandro Dominguez, Jorge Valdivia, Carlos Villanueva and Maximiliano Moralez can all play on the wings. Both Jorge Valdivia and Carlos Villanueva plays for Chile, while Jesús Dátolo and Maximiliano Moralez has been called up for the Argentina national team.

Rodrigo Palacio just left me in the summer on a free transfer to Liverpool. But I already had his replacement lined up in Pablo Mouche. Developed really well. He plays upfront with Martín Palermo. Jonathan Philippe and Gabriel Rodríquez are backups. Ricardo Noir and Lucas Viatri are out on loan to Spartak Moscow.

TRANSFERS

allmytransferseveryseas.jpg

STAFF

Just seen the board has recommended that the club shouldn't have a combined total of more than 26 coaches.

MY MANAGER INFORMATION

From 2nd July 2008 - To 3rd September 2010.

mymanagerinformation.jpg

CRAZY DEFEAT

Lost this crazy game in the South American Copa Supamericana on penalties in my first season. Note: Many injuries and no red cards.

bocajuniorsinjuries2.jpg

STADIUM

Now I want a new stadium named after me just like you 'lawd'.

doing well their MrSundlofer. I too want to make Boca into the best team in the world and have invested heavily in youth. Just got a regen who is 7 star potential and has the ability 'to be one of the best players of his generation' as my coach puts it which rocks. My wonderful chairman also decided to invest 15 mil to the club and I know have a transfer budget of a whoping 17MIL!!! though I'm keen to keep most of it.

MrSundlofer can I just applaud your posts in general as the always look amazing. can you tell me how to put my manager profile up also as you have done it cheers.

does anyone else think nicolas gaitan is under-rated in their game? ive heard and read great things about him in real life but was a bit dissapointed to find out that my ass man thinks i should look to offload him in the near future.

also my board refuse to improve my youth facilitys :(

doing well their MrSundlofer. I too want to make Boca into the best team in the world and have invested heavily in youth. Just got a regen who is 7 star potential and has the ability 'to be one of the best players of his generation' as my coach puts it which rocks. My wonderful chairman also decided to invest 15 mil to the club and I know have a transfer budget of a whoping 17MIL!!! though I'm keen to keep most of it.

MrSundlofer can I just applaud your posts in general as the always look amazing. can you tell me how to put my manager profile up also as you have done it cheers.

Thanks!

£15M invested - it must have been a great feeling! I have £5,8M in the balance. It's okay. Amount of taxes paid out by the club was in my second season £14M... and about £3M in my first season. Any tips to reduce this?

You will find your Manager Profile: "your name" -> "history" -> "information". Just take a screenshot and post it here.

Ok here is my profile;

profiled.jpg

And here is something that may make you feel better about your cup loss MrSundlofer (apologies to you Hopey lol);

bocavinternacional.jpg

Just started my fourth season winning the recoupa against Chivas whom I mauled at home but they were very tough at their gaff. And after 4 years of success my Balance is a whopping 40 mil.

Lol sorry mate, feel free to post a shot of your lot beating Boca in your excellent Internacional thread and we can call it even lol.

edit; just drew your lot again in the copa sudamericana quarters, so you my yet have the last laugh.

Update on my season past (season 4) won Apertura and Sudamericana, beating River in the final woop woop. Won Clausura and Libertadores beating San Lorenzo a whopping 8-0 On aggregate. Best Player of the last campaign undoubtedly the one and only Juan Roman Riquelme, what a season for a 33 going on 34 year old to have.

riquelmef.th.jpg

Sadly the end of a legacy has occured and Martin Palermo has decided to hang up his boots. But he retires as my all time greatest goal scorer, and a definate legend i'll gie him a job as a coach when he retires, did the same with Ibarra.

However I am now at a stage where I need to rebuild my squad, I need the following;

GK - I have Luchetti but he is 33 and I need someone better, was thinkin Saja, any other thoughts??

D/WBL - Krupoviesa is too old now and I want an attacking full back I have a couple of young 'uns but they aren't ready yet.

MC - need a versatile midfielder as mine are getting on a bit.

AM/RL - I have adapted my tactic to include wingers instead of 3 strikers as I felt I was losing to much possesion up top, hopefully gonna get Cardenas but any other thougts would be welcome.

FC - with Palermo retiring and Viatri probably about to be sold I need a solid TM, Neill scores goals but his distribution to involve other players annoys me, Zeleya hasn't shown much in his first season bit hit and miss.

Arghhh my chairman has acceptd an ofer for Riquelme again!!!!! I there any way to stop it goign through apart from offering a nw contract???

dont think so.

how old is he on your game? because it might be a good idea to get a bit of cash for him if it his last couple of seasons

Fantastic presentation. I now have a massive desire to manage Boca. Never managed in Argentina before but now I'm really looking forward to it.

I'd been reading about Boca's legendary academy in the most recent edition of 442 (magazine) that's goes into depth about how good Boca are at creating effective and skillful players.

The magazine implies that Nicolas Gaitan is going to be huge, stating that he possess the intelligence of Kaka and the technique of Ronaldinho, so I was bit surprised at how average he seems in 9.3.0.

The magazine also suggests that the following players are going to be special:

Juan Forlin (Real Madrid are interested)

Pablo Mouche

Lucas Viatri

Gaston Sauro (giant CB)

Ezequiel Munoz (same as above, and they both shackled Falcao recently)

Cannot wait to dominate SA with the youngsters from the famous Boca academy. Will focus on playing my youth players, and if they don't cut the mustard - and I don't have an alternative youth player to take his place - I will buy a player to play in the position that the youth player failed in.

Youth players will take priority and be given the opportunity to play in my Boca team.

Cheers

Hi Proteus,

Managing Boca is loads of fun well Argentina in general is good. It is a shame that some of our more promising youth players aren't given the props the deserve in this game but maybe next year will be better.

Oh drobo12, managed to keep hold of Riquelme, I see what your saying about cashing in, however I'm a sentimetal so and so and am more happy to have kept him, sorted out the GK, DL, AM/RL aswell so a good preseason, i'll post some screenies.

(sorry for the mistaken identity Hopey mate lol)

Use FMRTE to do it and it will happen in game. Have you ever got the message to show how much you won in the league for finishing top? because i've been looking through and cant see it.

Hopey how much do you get in Brazil?

Archived