FM09: Official CSKA Moskva Thread - The Army-Men

PFC CSKA Moskva : Giants of Moscow and bitter rivals with Spartak Moscow and Lokomotiv Moscow. An established team in the Russian Premier League for many years with 3 League titles in the last 5 years and 3 Domestic cups in the last 4 years and of course the UEFA Cup triumph over Sporting Lisbon in 2004. However, the past couple of seasons haven't been so successful. In 2007 they finished 3rd in the Russian Premier League and got knocked out in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League. In the following season,2008, they finished runners up to Rubin Kazan and reached the Quater Finals of the Russian Cup.

Moscow (Moskva)

11m9cat.jpg

Top: Moscow International Business Centre at night,

Middle left: Saint Basil's Cathedral, Middle centre: Bolshoi Theatre,

Middle right: Moscow State University, Bottom: Moscow Kremlin.

Moscow (Russian: Москва́, romanised: Moskva, IPA:see also other names) is the capital and the largest city of the Russian Federation. It is also the largest city in Europe, with the Moscow metropolitan area ranking among the largest urban areas in the world. Moscow is a major political, economic, cultural, religious, financial, educational, and transportation centre of Russia and the world.

It is located on the Moskva River in the Central Federal District, in the European part of Russia. Historically, it was the capital of the former Soviet Union, Russian Empire, Tsardom of Russia and the Grand Duchy of Moscow. It is the site of the Moscow Kremlin, which serves as the residence of the President of Russia. Russian parliament (Gosudarstvennaya Duma and Sovet Federacii) and Government of Russia are meeting also in Moscow.

Moscow is a major economic centre and is home to the largest number of billionaires in the world; in 2008 Moscow was named the world's most expensive city for foreign employees for the third year in a row.

CSKA Moscow

23wn2oh.png

Full name: Professional Football Club PFC Tsentralnyi Sportivnyi Klub Armii Moskva

Central Sports Club of Army Moscow

Nickname(s): Koni (Horses), red-blue, army-men, red-army-men

Founded: 1911

Stadium: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow

(Capacity: 78,000)

Chairman: Evgeny Giner

Manager: Zico

League: Russian Premier League

2008 RPL, 2nd

PFC CSKA Moskva (Russian: Профессиональный футбольный клуб ЦСКА Москва or Professional Football Club — Central Sports Club of Army (Moscow)) is a football club in Moscow, Russia. Officially PFC CSKA Moskva is not a section of the military CSKA sports club, but the Russian Ministry of Defenсe is one of shareholders of PFC CSKA.

It won the Soviet championship seven times (1946, 1947, 1948, 1950, 1951, 1970, 1991), the Soviet Cup five times (1945, 1948, 1951, 1955, 1991), the Russian Cup in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2008, won the Russian Premier League champions title in 2003, 2005 and 2006, finishing second in 1998, 2002, 2004 and 2008, and the Russian Super Cup in 2004, 2006 and 2007.

Recently, the club received a major financial infusion from a sponsorship deal with Sibneft, an oil company owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. Abramovich will not take an ownership interest in the club as he is the current owner of English Premiership power Chelsea and UEFA rules allow only one club controlled by any one entity (person or corporation) to participate in European club competition in a given season.

Honours

CSKA Moscow

UEFA Cup: 1

Russian Premier League: 3

2003, 2005, 2006

Russian Cup: 4

2002, 2005, 2006, 2008

Russian Super Cup: 3 (record)

2004, 2006, 2007

USSR Championship: 7

1946, 1947, 1948, 1950, 1951, 1970, 1991

USSR Cup: 5

1945, 1948, 1951, 1955, 1991

First Channel Cup: 1

Runners-Up

Russian Premier League: 4

1998, 2002, 2004, 2008

Russian Cup: 3

1993, 1994, 2000

Russian Super Cup: 1

USSR Championship: 4

1938, 1945, 1949, 1990

USSR Cup: 3

1944, 1967, 1992

Current squad

As of 11 December 2008, according to the Russian Premier League official site.

2 DF Deividas Šemberas

4 DF Sergei Ignashevich

5 MF Ramón

6 DF Aleksei Berezutskiy

7 MF Daniel Carvalho

8 FW Dmitri Ryzhov

9 FW Vágner Love

10 MF Alan Dzagoev

11 MF Pavel Mamayev

14 FW Ricardo Jesus

15 DF Chidi Odiah

17 MF Miloš Krasić

18 MF Yuri Zhirkov

21 MF Luboš Kalouda

22 MF Evgeni Aldonin

24 DF Vasili Berezutskiy

25 MF Elvir Rahimić

33 GK Yevgeny Pomazan

35 GK Igor Akinfeev (captain)

36 DF Anton Vlasov

42 DF Georgi Shchennikov

50 DF Anton Grigoryev

88 MF Caner Erkin

89 FW Tomáš Necid

Squad at the start of FM09

Goalkeepers

Igor Akinfeev (Capt)*

Eugeny Pomazan

Defenders

D RC Vasily Berezutskiy*

D RC Sergey Ignashevich*

D RC,WB R,DM,MC Deividas Šemberas

D LC Aleksei Berezutskiy*

D LC Anton Grigorjev

D/WB/M R Chidi Odiah

Midfielders

WB/AM L Yuri Zhirkov*

DM,M C Elvir Rahimić

M RC Pavel Mamaev

AM R Lubos Kalouda

AM RC Miloš Krasić*

AM C Alan Dzagoev

AM/F C Ramon

Strikers

FC Dawid Janczyk

FC Ricardo Jesus

FC Vágner Love*

*=Key/Important Players

Best Players:

Vágner Love

Vágner Silva de Souza (born June 11, 1984 in Rio de Janeiro), and known by the name Vágner Love, is a Brazilian football striker who currently plays for CSKA Moscow in the Russian Premier League, and has represented Brazil at international level 21 times scoring five goals. Love is an explosive young striker that given a half chance, he will score.

Honours:

Individual

Brazilian 2nd Division League Top Scorer: 2003

Russian Premier League top scorer: 2008

In 2008 he was recognized by sports.ru as the best foreign player to ever play in the Russian Premier League

Russian Footballer of the Year: 2008

Team

UEFA Cup: 2005

Russian Premier League: 2005, 2006

Russian Cup: 2005, 2006, 2008

Russian Super Cup: 2006, 2007

Brazil

Copa América: 2004, 2007

Love in FM 09 for CSKA

2ptuib7.png

Igor Akinfeev (Captain)

Igor Vladimirovich Akinfeev (Russian: Игорь Владимирович Акинфеев) (born on April 8, 1986 in Vidnoye) is a Russian football goalkeeper currently playing for CSKA Moscow. He broke into the CSKA starting lineup at the age of 17, and has been the first-choice goalkeeper at the club ever since, gathering various honors including a UEFA Cup, two National Championships, and the ‘Zvezda’ trophy, awarded to the best football player from the former Soviet Union. He is also the first vice-captain of CSKA Moscow, captained CSKA twice in Champions League matches against FC Porto and Hamburg SV in 2006.

Igor Akinfeev was called up in 2004 for Russia and served as the third choice goalkeeper at Euro 2004 behind Sergei Ovchinnikov and Vyacheslav Malafeev. His first major competitive debut was on March 30, 2005 in a 2006 World Cup qualifier against Estonia. He became Russia's first-choice goalkeeper after a longterm injury of Vyacheslav Malafeev. He became the youngest player ever to debut for the Russian national football team, with his age being 18 years and 20 days. This shows his talent as a goalkeeper, with great reflexes, handling, One vs Ones and good aerial ability he is one of the best keepers around

Akinfeev in FM 09 for CSKA

25f0j7m.png

Yuri Zhirkov

Yuriy Valentinovich Zhirkov (born 20 August 1983 in Tambov, USSR) is a Russian football midfielder. He currently plays for PFC CSKA Moscow and Russia national team. He has earned the nickname 'the Russian Ronaldinho' for his dribbling skills and audacity.

He won the 2004-05 UEFA Cup with PFC CSKA Moscow. He mainly plays as an attacking left winger although he can play as a left back or left wingback. His trickery and abundance of creativity makes him one of CSKA Moscow's and Russia's most prized assets. He is also a very hard working player who often tracks back and is a solid marker and sliding tackler.

His goal against Hamburger SV in the UEFA Champions League 2006-07 was chosen as best goal of the competition by UEFA Magazine "Goal". His goal involves him chipping the ball past an opponent then again past a second opponent before dribbling from the half way line into the penalty box and shooting past the goal keeper. He made 6 appearances in the group stages, scoring once.

His sublime performances in Euro 2008 were a joy to behold. His best position is at AML however after the Euros and a bit of experimenting he is can also play at WBL.

THE CHALLENGE

Now CSKA are hungry for trophies, so the main challenge here is to dominate in the domestic competitions and to bring European glory back to Moscow. Any feedback is welcome. Screenshots of linups, transfers, resullts etc will be appreciated.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thread this, would be tempted to give it a try if russia didn't have the foreigners rule. And they consider everyone who isn't russian/belarussian as foreign.

Yeah i know it isn't exactly the best rule around- Ukraine have the same rule i think- but it isnt a real blow for CSKA as they probably have at least 4 definite Russian starters

I think the trouble is if your team has 4 Russians in the starting lineup and one gets injured you cant bring on a foreign player you woul have to bring on a Russian. I have had a game as Zenit before but I found it hard due to the player rules any decent Russian player is usually wanted by a foreign club and get annoyed if they cant go.

Then again thats the challenge really. Shakhtar in the Ukraine is easy as they have loads of cash. I think the Russian clubs should have more money.

I might start a game when the new patch is out as I nearly started as CSKA last night after the Villa game.

started jan 09. I have sold zhirkov 20 million to man city and they could also be signing love from me for 15 million. I have signed torje, tosic, mineiro from Chelsea and I'm gonna sign a few more. Any suggestions ?

I signed Rafeal carioca, Mineres and Willians Santana. Carioca won player of the month in APril. I dont really think you need anyone else, but i guess it depends on your formation etc. Could you provide screenshots of your current teeam+tactics

Link to the skin: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=93610

Badges were from www.sortitoutsi.net

Facepacks i mentioned above; i went on FM-Base.co.uk and went on FM09 downloads>Facepacks>Russia>CSKA Moscow

For russian teams you have to download the facepacks seperately

And my tactic is here mate: http://files.filefront.com/Ivan+4+2+3+1+CSKA+Moscow+8tac/;13329513;/fileinfo.html

:D

football_master_94 - That is a very good team and I am sure you could win the league, but I am suprised Dzagoev can not get into your first team. When you do play him, how is he?

Also, I laughed at Ramires being number 1. :D

Hehe, well I rotate Dzagoev with Santana each game or during the game if Carioca, Santana or Ramires aren't going to well i put him on. In the Lokomotiv Moscow game, Zhirkov got injured then i put Dzagoev at AMC and Santana at AML and Dzagoev scored a cracker from 25 yards :D

Season update, I'm halfway through the 1st season and these are my results so far with the League table aswell:

14jrgxk.png

2vmg2m9.png

Not bad, eh

I am definately going to start as CSKA now. Although I will start in Jan 2009, you will probably catch up. ;)

Any players that have performed for other teams in the Russian League?

Arshavin won player of the month in July and Martin Jiranek won it for August. I get 5 teams in the team of the month (on avg)

Archived