+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 4 games in a week?

  1. #1
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th October 2007
    Location
    Living life in lower leagues using my own guidelines,searching for hours for just the right player.
    Posts
    5,287

    Default 4 games in a week?

    I found this very strange and a quite a bit annoying.
    I am sitting in 3rd place with QPR and in March I have to play 4 games in 1 week,I know 1 of the games was delayed because of my FA cup run but after just the 2nd game this week my players are shattered,I am pretty sure there is noway on earth that a team would be asked to play 4 games in 7 days,this really needs to be looked at,if not for my sake then for sure my poor players :P

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    Rangers were not far off that at the end of last season,

    but no they would never be asked to do that.

  3. #3
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th October 2007
    Location
    Living life in lower leagues using my own guidelines,searching for hours for just the right player.
    Posts
    5,287

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    Quote Originally Posted by RFC_Fd View Post
    Rangers were not far off that at the end of last season,

    but no they would never be asked to do that.
    Ok I can understand your fustration at Rangers fixtures list last season but they were never asked to play 4 games in 1 week.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th October 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    735

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    4 in 7 isn't doable. Aren't there rules that say there has to be a clear day between games IRL? I think it was Arsenal a few years back that had something like 5 games in 11 days in all comps, and Fergie is nearly always complaining about the fixture pile-up towards the end of the season.
    In lower leagues, I've known teams like Walsall end up with a Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday - Bank Holiday Monday - Wednesday - Saturday schedule before now, which would be 6 in 14.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th May 2007
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    Yeah, I'm playing as San Jose in the MLS and I especially enjoyed a league match on Sunday, immediately followed by a Superliga match on Monday. Wouldn't happen in real life.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st December 2008
    Location
    There's only 1 team in Torino, and they don't wear black and white!
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    I've managed 4 in 8, immediately preceded by 3 in 7! LOL. That was with Inter. 7 in 15, then they gave me Monday to Friday off before getting beat by Arsenal in the CL final on the Saturday 2-3. Despite the five days off my players were still recovering!

    You have my sympathies mate.

  7. #7
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    4 in 7 isn't doable. Aren't there rules that say there has to be a clear day between games IRL? I think it was Arsenal a few years back that had something like 5 games in 11 days in all comps, and Fergie is nearly always complaining about the fixture pile-up towards the end of the season.
    In lower leagues, I've known teams like Walsall end up with a Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday - Bank Holiday Monday - Wednesday - Saturday schedule before now, which would be 6 in 14.
    Depends when the week starts, if the FA say the week starts on a sunday or monday! Week starts sunday you could have:-

    Sunday - League/Cup
    Tuesday - Europe/Cup/League
    Thursday - Europe/Cup/League
    Saturday - League/Cup

    Would be a bit harsh mind!

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th December 2008
    Location
    Brasília, Brasil
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    There was a bug in Copa Libertadores in fm2005 or 2006 i dont remember exactly, it had 2 games on the same day, and on different countries! It was so bugged that sometimes the player's positions changed, like a defender for some reason was in place of the striker, very funny though...

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Aussie Land
    Posts
    847

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    I managed to get my BSP side through to the FA cup 4th round in one of my saves and towards the end of the season i had played 5 games fewer than most of the other sides in my league and was regularly playing 3-4 games every weeek for the last 2 months or so. This had a MASSIVE impact on my side which resulting in my team being defeated in the play offs as my squad had no stamina left!! After all, they are a semi professional side with players that work mon-fri in regular jobs and play 4 games per week.............c`mon ppl

  10. #10
    Part-timer
    Join Date
    25th February 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    i had to play 5 games in 11 games in the clan im in last week the games started on the 2nd,4th,6th,9th and 13th

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    17th July 2008
    Location
    PSN: lee50_10
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: 4 games in a week?

    Quote Originally Posted by ACMilanBRA View Post
    There was a bug in Copa Libertadores in fm2005 or 2006 i dont remember exactly, it had 2 games on the same day, and on different countries! It was so bugged that sometimes the player's positions changed, like a defender for some reason was in place of the striker, very funny though...
    it sounds it

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts