FM16 system Requirements

Hi All,

I'm after a bit of help.. Myself and my wife bought our son FM16 for Christmas and a laptop to play it on. We read through some forums on what Laptop would work well with it (as we haven't got a clue) and when we posted the spec of the one we was looking at a few people said it would be fine.. Anyway now we've loaded it the game says the computer performance is one star and the game speed when loading 3 leagues is only half a star which is obviously no good!

The laptop we've got him is as follows:

HP15-g007na

Processor: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics 1.80GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB (6.95 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor

Pen and touch: Full windows touch support with 10 touch points

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

I have had a look at the full specs of this machine- it is capable of running FM but only just. The star system is a guideline only and as long as you do not exceed the recommended setup of leagues and database size, the game will run. Keep the graphics quality low to start with and dont be tempted to load too many leagues etc as the machine probably wont cope with that in the long run.

Thanks for your help.. So if I only load the English league for instance, will there still be players available from all over the world or do they unlock when loading more leagues etc? Also I can take this Laptop back if you think its worth doing so, but do you know of any others available that would run the game better that are in a budget of about £300? Thanks.

Have you looked through this thread? > New Laptop/PC - Help Needed

Good advice in there and maybe some recommendations for your budget.

EDIT On the subject of limited laptops, the one I'm using right now is limited, probably about 5/6 years old, I got it for £100 (not new obviously), I have been playing FM15 with just England loaded, you can still have a great game experience.

It really just depends what sort of game the player wants.

If you load the English leagues and the small database, there will still be players from around the world, but not as many as there would be with a larger setup. Many players still play the game with limited computers and get enjoyment from the game so I personally dont think that you need access to every player in the world to have a good save.

For advice about computers, look in here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/316085-New-Laptop-PC-Help-Needed

Archived