Is it ok for games to be released in a buggy state?

My previous thread was closed due to wording issues so i'll try again.

Do you guys believe it is ok for FM2016 to be released with bugs like the loading screen error, or should companies be doing more to release games without these major issues? delaying releases, better QA maybe?

I for one am getting annoyed that over the past 10years games are released in a worse state year after year with companies "seeming" to have the mentality of "its ok we'll fix it later"

whats your thoughts guys?

cheers

It's going to get locked again, for obvious reasons, but it boils down to this.

If you expect games to be released with no bugs, you're living in a make-believe world. It's an incredibly complex issue, and not as simple as just saying "do better, take more time".

EDIT: Just saw your previous topic. It wasn't closed due to "wording issues", and you've barely reworded this one anyway.

But surely companies should be saying "we must do better" if its not ready to be released and for example, I had to restart 7 times over past 2 days until I found a work around. This shouldn't be in a release version of a game?

Now I have no doubt there are millions of people who play FM16 who dont come on this site, how do they deal with the constant buggy interruptions to there games when they dont know how to impliment a work around?

But surely companies should be saying "we must do better" if its not ready to be released and for example, I had to restart 7 times over past 2 days until I found a work around. This shouldn't be in a release version of a game?

Now I have no doubt there are millions of people who play FM16 who dont come on this site, how do they deal with the constant buggy interruptions to there games when they dont know how to impliment a work around?

There won't be millions of players who don't come to this site because Football Manager to my knowledge only makes about a million sales annually.

Most players probably aren't tabbing out while it's processing and in full screen, or they don't suffer the bug as you do.

And what about the millions that don't come on this site, and thus don't see people claiming the sky is falling, and don't really notice anything wrong? Your particular issue was rare, as Neil Brock said, so I very much doubt there's "millions" experiencing it. Hyperbole ruins any argument.

The issue isn't having the bugs. I stress, this will always happen. To expect otherwise is a pointless endeavor. It's the response to said bugs that is the important thing. SI work very hard in fixing the ones they didn't find, and are up there with some of the best. Not as good as ProjektRed, but they're freaks in that regard. A lot of companies would just release a game, then give cursory updates, just enough to keep the wolf from the door, before moving onto the next thing. SI don't do that.

It's going to get locked again, for obvious reasons, but it boils down to this.

If you expect games to be released with no bugs, you're living in a make-believe world. It's an incredibly complex issue, and not as simple as just saying "do better, take more time".

Pretty much this. Especially you don't realise what goes into the development for each game, I'm talking industry wide.

And actually SI doesn't even come close to some games out there (Arkham Knight I'm looking right at you). Their QA and response is way ahead of most in the industry, despite being significantly smaller that many AAA companies

On your specific issue, if your game is crashing 7 times in two days, you should be in the tech thread not here. You having your specific issue =/= game isnt ready to be released. I suggest you had to the tech section here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/520-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC and also follow this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524542&viewfull=1#post10524542

Neil has also answered your question directly within 3 minutes:

This is only happening to a very small proportion of users and as we've said in the workaround thread, it's an issue we're aware of and as soon as we have a fix available to us we'll make it available.

Very few, if any, places would get a dev coming back to you that quickly

Archived