Need Help Please.

I've got the game on CD but stupidly just realised that i have no CD Drive on my iMac (It's new!) Can I install it on my MacBook and then download the game on my iMac via Steam? Or is there any other way I can install it on my iMac.

Thanks

You should be able to but you should also be able to enter the code into Steam and just download on your iMac.

If you open Steam and go to "Games" and then "Activate a product on Steam" from the dropdown menu you should be able to just enter the code from your box copy.

EDIT

Given FM16 hasn't been released yet and that the Beta was just for digital downloads it may not actually work until after midnight/tomorrow.

As Cougar2010 said the game is a Steamworks title so all copies require Steam, inside the box should be an activation code then just follow the above instructions to activate and download the game without having to ever use the DVD. However as Cougar2010 said you might need to wait until the game is official released before Steam will let you activate the game.

You can also install the game on both your MacBook and iMac as long as you log into the same Steam account on both computers (or use family sharing feature), however you'll only be able to play on one at a time.

You should also be able to install from the disk on your mac with a disk drive and then manually copy the files over to your other computer, then when you log into Steam and install it steam should detect the existing files and only download the patched files (if they are any), however again you might need to wait until after midnight before steam will let you activate/install the game.

Archived