What's the point of praising conduct?

I also use it as a bit of a cheat. I don't know what effect a bad PR from a previous conversation has on a player, but that changes to a good PR when praising conduct.

I agree, it's a cheat. Wish it would be looked at by SI. We had a discussion in my network game about how come one of our participants always had his players on good/decent morale - even when his team was losing. Turns out he was using the praise conduct feature.

The way it works now, praising conduct never results in any backlash for you or the player (like it can with praising pitch performances for example). The morale of the player either stays the same, or (in most cases) it goes up 1-2 notches. You also receive an unrealistic 1-2 points on their favorite personell list - if you want to you can get your entire squad to eventually love you by doing this consistently.

I like the challenge of building good relationships with my players, but this feature currently has no purpose. It's almost the same as ticking "remove unhappiness" in the editor.

I wouldn't be surprised is player chats evolves over the coming years to a lot more than just a morale booster, for instance players telling the press about you inability to communicate with the team or telling them off for not resting the night before a match. I think there is a lot more work that SI would want to achieve with this with chats, agents and media growing every year.

Archived