The Ultimate Youth Challenge - Vaduz/Liechtenstein

Vaduz FC – Season 17/18 Review

Fourth season complete and a pretty encouraging season as far as the league was concerned. Not so much in Europe!

FC Zurich came sniffing around to offer me a job which was flattering.

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – Another pleasing season in the league as we managed to repeat our highest ever 4th placed finish. Only 7 points separated 3rd to 7th so there was quite a bit of yo-yo-ing during the last few games. Stand out performance was a hammering of Young Boys. The same game saw this injury though :(

Europa League – The qualifying rounds of the competition saw some great performances including ties against fellow Super League team Sion. Unfortunately, a very tough group draw saw us only manage 2 points from the 6 games.

Liechtensteiner Cup – Another routine cup competition win although the final wasn't won until the dying minutes.

European Ranking – 150th (up 114 places)

Player performances

Top scorer: Pascal Schurpf weighed in with 15 league goals whilst Sutter struggled with only 7 goals, having not scored in the last 14 games.

Stand out performance went to Nicolas Hasler again, achieving a league average rating of 7.69.

Noe Hofmann was awarded Swiss Young Player of the Year.

All player stats

Youth Squad

The youth candidates that arrived had a good mix of potential quality so signed up the following... Lukasz Adamczyk, Iva Hilzinger, Roman Wehril, Stephane L'Eplattenier, Sven Zurcher, Tobias Wolf, Hakan Donmez

Again, I released a number of 18 year olds that just weren't up to the grade.

Finances and Facilities

Finances were boosted by progression in the Europa League as well as away friendlies which saw the board agree to improving the training facilities. They were then cancelled :mad:

Career Overview

Season League Pos. Domestic Cup Europa League
2017/18 Swiss Super League 4th Winners Group Stage
2016/17 Swiss Super League 4th Winners Playoff Round
2015/16 Swiss Super League 5th Winners 3rd Qual.Round
2014/15 Swiss Super League 7th Winners Group Stage[/Code]

[b]Next Season[/b]

• Aim to either equal or better the 4th place finish from this season.
  • Improve in Europe by reaching the Europa League group stages and winning a few games.
  • Again, continue to develop the youth players by exposing them to first team action.

[b][u]Liechtenstein National Team[/u][/b]

The national team showed a [b]vast improvement[/b] on previous seasons by achieving wins against [b]Croatia[/b], Albania and San Marino. This in turn saw the team rise in the [b]world rankings[/b] to 95th. [b]Manuel Sutter[/b] has declared his intentions to board the Liech train once he's been in the country long enough.

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

[b]Franz Burgmeier[/b] is set to retire so will be joining the coaching staff at the end of next season.

Another stunning showing grff - I really never expected progress to happen so quickly, but it looks like you have really cemented yourself as one of the better sides in the division already, and making good progress by getting into the group stage of the Europa. And this without two superb players in Neumayr and Abbeglen, I doff my cap; European ranking flying up too.

Very impressive for Noe Hofmann - and some of those youngsters really do look excellent, Zurcher looks a real gem to me and all of the others look good too.

Shame about the facilities, but keep pressing on, you are creating good players already - another season as good as that and you'd hope to get a facilities upgrade perhaps?

Top work with the NT, looks like you have already got them out of the minnow stage, despite the odd thrashing, and Sutter will be a very very good acquisition. I have not yet taken on the NT but may do so from the start of my third season.

Always good news to get a new member of coaching staff in (I've just got Mario Sara), and Burgmeier such a legendary character.

KUTGW mate and I will have my second season report up tomorrow.

Vaduz FC - Swiss Super League - 15/16 Update

Swiss Super League - We finished 8th, but this was far more convincing. I played with much more faith in my side and it paid off. We were brilliant to watch at times and never out of the goals. Only two teams scored more than us this season but we also conceded too many, often late on in games too. Again, we could have finished higher, possibly even 5th quite comfortably, but I took my foot off the gas at the end of season again, not winning in any of the last 10 games as the youth players got a run out.

Europa League - We rotated the squad nicely and still cruised through the first two rounds, before being well and truly outclassed by Borussia Monchengladbach. Disappointing, but we just couldn't compete with the German outfit. Nice to win the home leg though.

Liechtensteiner Cup - Comfortable again and some good moments by the young lads. We fielded a very experimental side in the final though, and were perhaps lucky to win it. Could have been a costly error.

Top Scorer: Nico Abegglen (18) - A good tally considering I wrapped him in cotton wool whenever I could.

Top Assists': Manuel Sutter (10)

All Player Stats

Manager's Player of the Season: Manuel Sutter - Absolutely outstanding, made goals, scored goals. Attracting interest now and we may lose him unfortunately.

Unexpected Player of the Season: Steven Lang - Excellent in a range of positions and got into the Super League Team of the Year.

Disappointment of the Season: Simeone Grippo - Terrible every time I picked him, which wasn't often. Keep twining now and I want to get rid of him.

Youth player of the Season: Christian Birk - Looks to keep getting better and never lets us down when plays. Racked up 15 appearances in the Super League this season.

Improvement to Club Facilities: Gained a Parent Club (extra dosh), Improved Junior Coaching once again. However we received this very disappointing news at the end of the campaign - our training facilities have been downgraded after being outdated.

Club Reputation: 226th in the World. (Up 32 places)

Player Movements: Obviously nobody came in, but we got rid of Ospelt for £7,000 which was a small bonus, and Mario Sara retired, joining the coaching team which was a big bonus.

Youth Intake

I was slightly disappointed - with the added Junior Coaching you can see the Current Ability of our players was better, but there was still a lack of potential probably. A few stood out.

Julian Markovic - A technically good playmaker in the Neumayr mold. Hopefully he can kick on as it's clear he has ability already. Physical stats a bit worrying.

Kyle Abmann - I have no idea how to pronounce that dodgy letter in his name. Again a playmaker type of midfielder, rated highly by my staff even though I can't see exactly why. Looked OK in the limited game time I had, will see how he goes.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Swiss Super League    9th  Liechtensteiner Cup Winners
2015/16   Swiss Super League    8th  Liechtensteiner Cup Winners

Next Season

Aims for Next Season

- Keep up the good performance level in the Swiss Super League and this time go for it until the very end in a bid to finish in the top 6. Players won't hang around forever if we keep finishing in the bottom three positions I wouldn't imagine.

- A Europa league run would be just lovely. We need to upgrade the facilities before it is too late!

- Carry on giving the youngsters as much game time as possible.

Quick question, if you win the Europa League with Vaduz, do you get into next years Champions League?

Just finished 2nd in the league (just 3 points behind annoying Basel) and Young Boys in 3rd place got the CL spot, so no. Also on the rules page for the Liechtenstein Cup it says winner gets a CL spot which is obviously false.

Somebody asked what happens if the U21 side wins the cup, and at least in previous versions the main side then got to play EC. Probably still like that.

Just finished 2nd in the league (just 3 points behind annoying Basel) and Young Boys in 3rd place got the CL spot, so no. Also on the rules page for the Liechtenstein Cup it says winner gets a CL spot which is obviously false.

Somebody asked what happens if the U21 side wins the cup, and at least in previous versions the main side then got to play EC. Probably still like that.

Thanks for the clarification, taifun - are you playing the Vaduz challenge our way? Would be nice to see updates as not many are willing to take on such a challenge! :lol:

It's actually "Assmann". I kid you not... ;)

Haha no way. Thanks for that - will definitely be keeping a close eye on him now!

Big news in my game - firstly it's ALL kicking off! VERY nervous as I could be on the verge of a sacking! :mad:

Firstly, a takeover is on the cards..

The takeover goes through - I nearly fell off my chair when I noticed who was behind it!

For those who don't know, that's Karl Oyston of Blackpool 'fame' from real life, and I don't imagine him to be the most patient or forgiving in FM (if these people have these stats?!?).. As the image states, he has openly admitted he wants a new manager in, with links to the huge reputation of Zinedine Zidane!

Could my tenure be over - I genuinely haven't continued yet and don't know. All to be revealed tomorrow. Fingers crossed. :eek:

Thanks for the clarification, taifun - are you playing the Vaduz challenge our way? Would be nice to see updates as not many are willing to take on such a challenge! :lol:

I think I'm within the rules for now, but not sure if I'll remain so. I've been fairly lax at screenshotting and also I forgot to disable the editor before starting the game so a little reluctant to post even though I haven't used it. We'll see.

Some things you guys might not have picked up on, Sutter and Schürpf make very very nice strikers, and that's very useful from the 2nd season on. (Unless Sutter throws a wobbly and whines his way into a move)

LC - it looks like you had a mixed season, pretty similar to the one I've just finished (update coming shortly). The input from Abegglen, Schurpf and Sutter was excellent and hopefully you'll be able to fend off any interested clubs.

What are the finances looking like at the moment? It might be worth filling the winter break with away friendlies as I find this keeps the bank balance ticking over nicely.

Taifun - It would be good to see how you've managed to progress in your version of the save and what youth intake you experienced. I have Sutter and Schurpf as my strikers as Abegglen was lost to Aston Villa.

Vaduz FC – Season 18/19 Review

Well I can safely say that was the most frustrating season I've had so far in this journey. Player injuries and below par performances which had to be tolerated due to a real lack of squad quality.

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – The league campaign was a real disappointment which saw us finish in a lowly 7th compared to the previous two seasons of 4th. I was able to get a win and a draw against Basel but also managed to lose to St. Gallen from 3-0 up! Aarau were relegated on the final day by one goal :D

Europa League – Qualification for the group stages was pretty straightforward thanks to a few favorable draws. Being drawn in a group alongside Lazio, Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas was never going to end well.

Liechtensteiner Cup – The domestic cup was achieved again, which was mostly down to the performances of youth players.

European Ranking – 124th (up 137 places)

Player Performances

Top scorer: Pascal Schurpf had a good league campaign, scoring 15 goals in 31 starts.

Stand out performance went to both Hasler and Sutter who both achieved average ratings in the 7.40's.

Noe Hofmann was again awarded Swiss Young Player of the Year. I may struggle to keep hold of him at this rate.

All player stats

Youth Squad

The youth candidates were not as impressive as last year but I offered contracts to Marius Muller, Martin Wenaweser, Emeric Romero and Leon Ernst. A big frustration being that no promising strikers are coming through which is going to be a big problem before too long.

Former youth player, Marco Buhler left after refusing a new contract due to no game time. He was terrible anyway.

However, the biggest news saw 17 year old Michael Schroder join Man Utd for £800k which was out of my control due to his youth contract status. I took advantage of this transfer clause straightaway :lol:

Finances and Facilities

The bank balance was helped along by the Europa League campaign and numerous away friendlies. The training facility improvements were again agreed and then cancelled :mad::mad::mad:

A minor blow saw Benfica terminate their parent club link.

Career Overview

Season     League               Pos. Domestic Cup       Europa League
2018/19 Swiss Super League 7th Winners Group Stage

[b][u]Next Season[/u][/b]

•Improve on a disappointing 7th place finish from this season.

•Improve in Europe by reaching the Europa League group stages and winning a few games.

A very pleasing year for the national team as we managed to go [b]unbeaten[/b] in the [b]Nations League[/b] competition. Schurpf, Von Niederhausern, Muntwiler and Grippo all boarded to Liech train.

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

Franz Burgmeier has joined the coaching team. [b]Peter Jehle[/b] will join him at the end of next season.

[b]Mario Sara[/b] has announced his retirement but wants to become a director of football. I won't be signing him.

Another [b]job offer[/b] arrived from Bienne which was politely turned down.

Top stuff again mate - Shame about the league but it's not a disaster at this stage in my opinion.

Hofmann must be pretty impressive at the moment, any chance of a screen of his stats? Agree a relatively disappointing intake but still talent there. That is big news about Schroder, can't be bad if Man United are showing an interest in the youth talent you're producing. Also nice to see a bit of money coming in for the Academy, even little helps. Genius with that transfer clause! :lol:

Shame about facilities but hopefully they are coming, and the National Team looks in a very healthy way with them imports joining ranks. Impressive results there.

Good to see you are getting a few staff members in - how much of a loss will Jehle be to you? Also strange how Sara is a much better coach on my game than yours. Is he not worth keeping around at all do you not think?

LC - it looks like you had a mixed season, pretty similar to the one I've just finished (update coming shortly). The input from Abegglen, Schurpf and Sutter was excellent and hopefully you'll be able to fend off any interested clubs.

What are the finances looking like at the moment? It might be worth filling the winter break with away friendlies as I find this keeps the bank balance ticking over nicely.

Thanks mate - I should do more friendlies but I normally forget and let the assistant do it. The finances were insecure before the takeover happened.

The takeover has been completed - and I gulped when chairman Oyston announced he still wanted rid of me.

But thank god! A week or so later I received the relieving news that I was to be staying on. Thanks Karl!

I decided to straight away push my luck and ask for an improvement to the youth facilities - too my surprise I got this news. Delighted. Finances currently reading as 'Okay'.

Top stuff again mate - Shame about the league but it's not a disaster at this stage in my opinion.

Hofmann must be pretty impressive at the moment, any chance of a screen of his stats? Agree a relatively disappointing intake but still talent there. That is big news about Schroder, can't be bad if Man United are showing an interest in the youth talent you're producing. Also nice to see a bit of money coming in for the Academy, even little helps. Genius with that transfer clause! :lol:

Shame about facilities but hopefully they are coming, and the National Team looks in a very healthy way with them imports joining ranks. Impressive results there.

Good to see you are getting a few staff members in - how much of a loss will Jehle be to you? Also strange how Sara is a much better coach on my game than yours. Is he not worth keeping around at all do you not think?

Here is Hofmann's profile page. I've got him tied down to a long term contract but had to give him a £9m release clause otherwise he wasn't signing.

The Schroder transfer bought mixed emotions as I'd managed to start a bidding war that got all the way up to £3.5m with Liverpool and Spurs leading the way. Man Utd then swooped and he opted to choose their contract offer. At least I got something for him, unlike Abegglen.

Jehle won't be much of a loss as I didn't play him at all last season. Benjamin Bachmann is my first choice keeper with Klaus as backup.

Sara wants £3.2k a week and won't lower them when I try and change his role from DoF to coach. I'm just glad his stats aren't too good.

Glad to see that you've kept your job. I was in the same situation with my takeover and would've been annoyed to be sacked from a takeover. A funny thing in my game just happened where Basel manager Paulo Sousa declared his interest in the St. Gallen job :D

Vaduz FC – Season 19/20 Review

A season that started off terribly but progressively got better. Players rediscovered their confidence and form that had helped in previous seasons.

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – The league campaign started very poorly and I found myself drifting close to relegation until around the halfway make. Then a welcome unbeaten run saw us gradually rise to 4th on the last day of the season. Elsewhere Basel continued their domestic dominance by going unbeaten all season.

Europa League – A disappointing showing in Europe which saw us knocked out by Rosenborg after two poor legs.

Liechtensteiner Cup – Par for the course in the cup. A Domuzeti Cup Final hat-trick was pleasing.

European Ranking – 144th (up 90 places)

Player Performances

Top scorer: Enis Domuzeti stepped up to the plate with Sutter injured, netting 18 goals in 29 starts. I was pretty amazed as he'd done nothing previously.

Stand out performance: Tobias Foda performed well all season and was awarded young player of the year.

All player stats

Youth Squad

The year's youth intake was better than last year and a few of them (Armando Frommelt, Gunter Hahn, Sven Henn) have been touted as leading Super League players. The remaining youth players (Adin Batliner, Andreas Hofmann, Christian Lufen, Patryk Fritz and Seb Wolf) could come in quite handy.

I decided to sell off the unwanted youth players rather than just mass release them. The three I sold all went on frees but with future sell on clauses. The clause I secured for Muller will be taken up very soon! :D

Finances and Facilities

Finances took a big blow when we failed badly in Europe but I was able to salvage some money from selling a clause in Michael Schroder transfer. We are currently £1m in the red :eek:

Career Overview

2019/20 Swiss Super League 4th Winners 3rd Qual.Round

•Perform better in Europe by reaching the group stages.

•Aim to match our 4th place finish with consistency in the league

The [b]Euro Qualifiers[/b] went as badly as possible with us picking up a single point. However, due to winning our Nations League we were drawn in the [b]play-offs[/b] but were well beaten by Belarus.

[b]Steven Lang[/b] has become the latest player to want to play for the national team. I also briefly lost Kaufmann to the shortest [b]international retirement[/b] ever!

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

[b]Stahel[/b] will be joining the coaching team just as [b]Eberle retires[/b] from coaching. Unfortunately, Stahel's stats aren't anywhere as good.

I decided to [b]terminate Sara's contract[/b] as he was no longer worth keeping due to poor playing and coaching stats.

BIG BIG news came just before the end of pre-season as rumours of a [b]tycoon takeover[/b] came through. I will keep you posted on this.

Yes I know, and its probably common knowledge that you cant get to the Champions League by finishing in the top 2 in the league. But my question is, if you win the Europa League, will you be get CL football next season? Remember, any other EL winner will get CL football the following season, and Im curious if that applies to Vaduz as well. Im still playing FM14, and that new ruling was not implemented at the time, so I cant check. If anyone wants to, they can load up the editor, give around 15 players CA/PA 200/200, and just holiday a test save. That should be enough for Vaduz to win the EL.

It would be really cool and would take this particular challenge to the next level, winning the Champions League with Vaduz, which you can only do the season after you win the Europa League!

Vaduz/Liechtenstein

Pre Season 2014/15

New manager Kristopher Scott has taken charge of both the club and international teams.

Profile One | Profile Two

Vaduz have had three fixtures prior to my appointment so my first game was the 2nd Leg of our Europa League Qualifier which resulted in a new club record. Not all good news though as Markus Neumayr torn a calf muscle and is out for three months along with Pascal Schürpf who strained knee ligaments.

Next update will come at the end of the season. :thup:

Vaduz FC – Season 20/21 Review

Sooooooooooo, where to begin?! I'm pretty sure that someone has been secretly feeding Steroids to my laptop as my save has gone absolutely mental. It all started with the tycoon takeover and quite a few of the effects can be found below.

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – A superb campaign as we came 2nd in the league after a very strong second half to the season. Up top, Basel lost only one game as they continue to dominate Swiss football. Grasshoppers were relegated when they failed to win their final day clash against Winterthur.

Europa League – The European journey started off really promising and looked as though a group stage place could be possible. Then Marseille happened (again!)

Liechtensteiner Cup – The cup was secured with the help of a mix of youth and senior players. Tobias Wolf scoring an 8 minute hat-trick in the final.

European Ranking – 140th (up 126 places). The club reputation has jumped up to continental which I think is possibly down to both our 2nd place finish and the ridiculous takeover. Not sure how we leap-frogged Basel though. Weird.

Player Performances

Top scorer: Manuel Sutter found his scoring boots again following two previously quiet seasons.

Stand out performance: Tobias Foda was easily our best performer. His record break average rating helped him to become Super League Player of the Season.

Noe Hofmann was once again named Young Player of the Year.

Special mention goes to Pascal Schurpf who became the clubs record league scorer.

It was also very pleasing to see four players in the team of the season XI.

All player stats

A brief update on past players: Markus Neumayr has now retired having played just 22 games in 3 seasons for Lens. Meanwhile Nico Abegglen is back in the Super League with Winterthur having played only 6 games for Aston Villa (AI squad building is poor in this game).

Overall best eleven

Youth Squad

A fairly good mix of youth players were recruited. Benjamin Hartmann, Gabriele Ryffel, Malik Wenzel and Sebastian Horn could make the cut.

Finances and Facilities

The board agreed to improve both the training and youth facilities which will be completed towards the middle of next season.

Strangely the new board immediately decided to sever all parent club ties, which meant no further income from the likes of Valencia, Sporting CP, Sevilla and Porto. However, new affiliate links were setup with Houston Dynamo and Chinese side Jiangsu to improve our profile overseas.

Career Overview

2020/21 Swiss Super League 2nd Winners Playoff Round

•Challenge for the title :lol: ([b]not out of choice[/b])

•Pray to the heavens that I keep my job, although I'm currently viewed as untouchable.

I've experienced a real struggle with the national team in recent times, including a very poor [b]Nations League[/b] showing. Although, the [b]WC Qualifiers[/b] haven't been a complete disaster just yet.

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

Diego Ciccone was rewarded with a [b]testimonial[/b] for his service to the club.

[b]Egon Eberle[/b] has retired from the staff which will be a very big loss.

Welcome aboard, Kris!

Cheers grff, all going on in your save. Some great league showings, hopefully the expectations aren't too much this season.

So far i'm going okay in the League so far, Europe was over before it started.

Abegglen is the difference for us, when he plays we can match the other 8 sides, without him we are no threat. So far hardly using the loan players, don't want to have such a struggle in the summer when they go.

As for Internationally won a qualifier and a friendly while losing two other qualifiers. Up to 148th in the World from 170th.

Vaduz/Liechtenstein

End of Season 2014/15

Raiffeisen Super League - A solid enough first year, never really in any relegation danger.

FL1 Aktiv-Cup - As expected we won the cup, seeing off our own U21 side in the Semi Final.

Europa League - Fell at the 2nd Quali. stage, beaten 6-3 by Slovakian side Trencin, three of the six goals coming from the penalty spot.

Youth Candidates - No majorly talented players coming through, as expected. The best being Pirmin Depallens, Gianluca Balet and Daniel Amburg.

End of Season Squad

Top Scorer - No real surprise here, Abegglen scoring 23 goals in 29 appearances. Early doors he was the main man but a few injuries meant it was a stop start beginning to the campaign.

Top Assists - Pascal Schürpf winning this one, 13 assists and 7 goals in 28 games was a good return.

Highest Average Rating - Markus Neumayr comfortably the best all round player for us, lets hope we can get more than 25 appearances out of him next season, he will be vital for our survival chances.

Best Game of the Season - Could have chose the trip to Basle where we came from 4-1 down to draw 4-4 but this topped that for me.

Worst Game of the Season - A real chance to skip clear of the bottom was blown in this game. Very disappointing.

Team of the Season - Just one player makes it, Franz Burgmeier as left back.

Defender of the Year - Franz also collected this award, fantastic effort from him.

Retirement - Pavel Pergl signs a new one year deal then decides to end his career. The biggest blow is he isn't interested into going into coaching.

New Contract - An extra two years signed on for.

Junior Coaching - A small improvement, every little helps. With finances in the red any facility upgrade is out of the question.

Fan's Player of the Year - Had to be Nico Abegglen really, the glory of scoring goals always pleases the fan's.

International

2014 Results | 2015 Results

Table

World Rankings

Record

A fantastic start to International Management, a win and draw in Qualifying along with a friendly victory over FYR Macedonia. We came close in a few games too, led 2-0 to Sweden before losing 5-2, came from 2-0 down to level with Austria before losing two late goals and a 90th minute goal gave Georgia a friendly victory. Progress has certainly been better than expected at this early stage.

A good start to the challenge there, Kris. Hopefully you'll be able to cope well when the loan players goes back to their parent clubs.

28 games into Season 2, been 7th for what seems like 26 games running now. Luckily enough the newly promoted team are so weak i have been able to use plenty of youth players this season which should be valuable going forward. Missing Pak as the second striker for sure though, Abegglen goals have not been as consistent this term.

Been frustrating with the National team but again to be expected. Lost three squad players to retirement. Abegglen isn't far off being eligible now though, fingers crossed!

Vaduz FC – Season 21/22 Review

A season that promised so much but delivered not a lot. I'm beginning to suspect the Norwegian owner of money laundering due to this. :lol:

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – The league campaign was hit and miss with some poor periods followed by a good end to the season.

Europa League – Another disappointing European venture as we fell again in the playoffs.

Liechtensteiner Cup – Another easy cup win which saw Schurpf bag four goals in the final.

European Ranking – 139th (up 120 places)

Player Performances

Top scorer: Pascal Schurpf was top scorer with 26 goals in all competition.

Stand out performance: Tobias Foda was again the best performer throughout the season.

Albert Faivet was awarded Young Player of the Year.

All player stats

Youth Squad

Not the best of quality in this year's intake but signed up Patrick Jackel and Carsten Gerber to boost the numbers.

Former youth players Stephane L'Eplattenier and Tobias Wolf were moved on before their contracts expired. Hopefully we'll get an additional fee from any future transfers.

Finances and Facilities

The board have agreed additional improvements to both training and youth facilities which will be complete around December time.

The new sponsorship deal mentioned above will certainly help.

Career Overview

2021/22 Swiss Super League 5th Winners Playoff Round

•Challenge for the league title. [b]Again not out of choice[/b].

•Aim to reach the Europa League group stages.

The national team continues to be a struggle with only 1 win in 26 games. Hopefully we can do well in the bottom division of the Nations League.

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

Nicolas Hasler and Oliver Klaus (11 games in 9 seasons) were allowed to leave as they would not sign new contracts.

[b]Diego Ciccone[/b] is set to retire at the end of next season so I've signed him up as a physio :D. [b]Grippo[/b] will also come in as a coach.

I decided to release Philipp Muntwiler as he was only interested in a DoF upon his retirement.

Fan's favourite [b]Ramon Cecchini[/b] was given a testimonial.

Vaduz/Liechtenstein

End of Season 2015/16

Raiffeisen Super League - Same finish as last season, 7th, but more points and much for comfortable as the bottom club were far weaker than the rest.

FL1 Aktiv-Cup - Won again, as expected. A repeat of last season's final but we cruised home in the end.

Europa League - A 2nd Quali. Round KO for the 2nd season running although we were much closer this time, losing 4-3 on agg thanks to a 90th minute goal.

Youth Candidates - Another crop of youngsters with a couple of players thrown straight into the 1st team squad.

Martin Adamczyk

Gerhard Klinger

Philipp Jager

Felix Lewandowski

Top Scorer

Most Assists and Highest Rating

Team of the Year

Fan's Player of the Year

We have two new affiliates this term, the Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona. Between them we collected the best part £240k a year. :thup:

Three huge blows to the squad as Nicolas Hasler, Diego Ciccone and Philipp Muntwiler have left at the end of their contracts. Tried all i could to convince them to stay but it failed and now our midfield is very weak heading into the toughest of seasons so far.

International

Results 2015 | Results 2016

Final Qualifying Group

Ended above Moldova which was a pleasant surprise but again disappointed in the end as i feel we could have done more. The plus side we have two new players declared for us, Diego Ciccone and Oliver Klaus but we have been hit with player retirements too. Franz Burgmeier, Philipp Ospelt and Benji Buchel the men to withdraw from international selection, neither starters but regular squad members.

For the World Cup campaign we have been drawn in Group B with Wales, Latvia, Georgia, Croatia and Belgium.

| Year | Club | Division | Pos | FL1 Aktiv-Cup | Europa League |
===================================================================================
| 2014/15 | Vaduz | Raiffeisen Super League | 7th | Winners | 2nd Quali. Rd |
| 2015/16 | Vaduz | Raiffeisen Super League | 7th | Winners | 2nd Quali. Rd |

Vaduz FC – Season 22/23 Review

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – The league campaign was a pleasing one which ended with a 3rd placed finish. Young Boys were surprise champions ahead of Basel who have dominated in recent years. Elsewhere Wil were relegated after failing to win a single league game.

Europa LeagueHeartbreak in European as we missed out on advancing from the group by a single point.

Liechtensteiner Cup – The cup was clinched once again despite an early scare from our u18 team :o

European Ranking – 97th (up 147 places)

Player Performances

Top scorer: Pascal Schurpf was once again leading goalscorer for the club.

Stand out performance: Once again, Tobias Foda. Another new record for him.

Special mention to youth team graduate Patryk Fritz who bagged ten goals in as many games. Hopefully he can become the next Schurpf or Sutter.

All player stats

Youth Squad

A very good intake of youth with Andre Stephan touted as a potential star Swiss League player. The likes of Walter Friedil and Frank Bar have leading player potentials.

Former youth player Martin Wenaweser was shipped out as he'd not progressed enough.

Finances and Facilities

Big news that could be devastating is that the owner has decided to withdraw his backing. Not sure how this will affect the future, although we still have £35m in the bank.

Further facility upgrades have been agreed and will be ready towards the end of the year. Our facility ratings are very impressive.

Career Overview

2022/23 Swiss Super League 3rd Winners Group Stage

• Finish 3rd or above in the league.

• Match or better this season's European performance.

The Nations League brought success as we [b]topped the group[/b]. The EC Qualifiers could be a struggle.

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

Our [b]coaching staff numbers[/b] have increased now that Grippo has joined.

[b]Steven Lang[/b] has been released due to only wanting a DoF role upon retirement.

[b]Daniel Kaufmann[/b] was given a testimonial for services to the club.

Game over for me...

An early season takeover saw a new chairman come in, take out a loan of £800k and the season started. We got the furthest we have in Europe, 3rd Quali. losing out 4-3 on agg to Genk but the league form was poor. We picked up either side of the winter break and with no money coming in the chairman cleared our debts with a £4m injection. From that we agreed to improve both the youth and training facilities but a 90th minute goal consigned us to a 3-2 defeat to St Gallen.

Sack

Table

And your "ignominious" defeat against Litex is brought up once again by those vultures from the sports press! :D

Sucks to go out like that, though... :(

And your "ignominious" defeat against Litex is brought up once again by those vultures from the sports press! :D

Sucks to go out like that, though... :(

Wouldn't mind but it wasn't like we got thumped 10-0 over the two legs. Bloody game.

• 2 weeks later...

Vaduz FC – Season 23/24 Review

Competition Performance

Swiss Super League – A pleasing 3rd place finish to the league season which saw us matching big boys Basel and Young Boys until the winter break. I won Manager of the Season thanks to our performances.

Europa League – Another group stage qualification which saw us eventually fall to Spurs and bogey team Basel.

Liechtensteiner Cup – The cup was secured but only after a big scare against our own u21 side. :o

European Ranking – 80th (up 103 places)

Player Performances

Top scorer: Patryk Fritz bagged the most goals for the season as he became no.1 striker ahead of the ageing Schurpf and Sutter. Fritz was awarded the Swiss Young player of the Year.

Stand out performance: Tobias Foda continued to perform well above what his stats suggest as once again he set a new league average rating.

Special mention goes to 17 year old Andre Stephan who has developed and performed well since coming through the youth system.

All player stats

Youth Squad

A fairly good intake of youth for the year. Leon Kraft, Martin Gauer and Robin Stein are all predicted to be a leading Super League players in the future. Candidates Gerard Bochsler and Michael Wolff were also signed.

Finances and Facilities

The absence of financial backing from the owner has seen the bank balance come down to the £20m mark which is a big concern. However, the board continued to show their ambitions by agreeing to improve our facilities which should take them close to state of the art.

Attendances are at a record high which will help a little.

Career Overview

2023/24 Swiss Super League 3rd Winners Group Stage
2022/23 Swiss Super League 3rd Winners Group Stage

• Aim for another 3rd place finish and take any higher as a bonus.

• Qualify for the Europa League Group Stages and be more competitive.

Heartbreak for the national side as we were [b]beaten in the Euro Qual Playoff final[/b] against a strong Montenegro side. Our [b]Nations League Division C draw[/b] has the potential to be interesting.

[b][u]Other News[/u][/b]

[b]Manuel Sutter[/b] was the latest player to have his testimonial.

Former youth recruit [b]Adin Batliner[/b] was allowed to leave on a bosman whilst [b]Von Niederhausern retired[/url][/b] from the football world.

That is some really harsh stuff there, Kris. You attempting it again or going for a different challenge?

Not really sure, i have a couple of saves going but struggling to really get into them. I'm sure i will return to this at some point though.

Archived