<Nonspecific> Unhappy with training overall? How do I fix this?

Hi all,

I have an issue with my club and players. Over the last few seasons my team has been very successful, but I always have players who state that they are <Nonspecific> Unhappy with training overall. I tend to just change their role or individual attribute and it goes away "ie back to happy", but then say a few weeks later they are again <Nonspecific> Unhappy with training overall.

I have two coachers per type, i have 4 specific keeper coaches covering handling and stopping, as well as 4 fitness coaches, again covering both areas available.

All my coaches are 4.5 stars and above with many of them sent to grab Pro coaching courses.

I spend about 50% of coaching on match day preparation, which is basically what the assistant recommends, I rest the day after a match, and training on the field is set to high and balanced. Everyone trains so that they have "medium" work rate.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this or is this a bug?

Cheers,

Tony

Depends how many players are affected as to if you want to deal with it.

I had the same problem and after a bit of googling it seems to be an indication that the players want more "Match Training" which means going to Training > Team and moving the Scheduling slider (Top Middle) more to the left.

That said it seems to be the more lazy, unprofessional players that want this so maybe the answer is sometimes to get rid of those players.

Having match preparation on 50% means that your players get minimal "normal" training. That's normally something you do only during pre-season when you need to raise your players tactical familiarity levels (or their team cohesion) as fast as possible. After that, match prep should be kept at 10 - 20% so that you don't use up too much of the time allocated for "normal" training.

You will always have a couple of players who will be unhappy with training. If it's about too much/too little training, you can - if you want - try to accommodate individual players by adjusting their individual training up or down. But don't ever touch the team training just for the sake of a few unhappy players.

A good way to keep most players happy with overall training is: Team training = average + individual training= average, or team training = low + individual training = heavy. In addition to 1 rest day after matches, and match prep 10 or 20%. All of these (team training, individual training, match prep* and rest days) will influence total training workload. And of course, so will individual "special" training (new position or add/remove ppm). This during the proper season; pre-season training is treated differently.

* Match prep: More time allocated to match prep will actually mean less total training workload. Match prep uses time allocated to normal training, and match prep training is considered of lesser intensity than normal training, and therefore the more time match prep eats from your normal training, the lesser the total training intensity will be.

Edit: About match prep levels: Normally, 10% is enough to maintain tactical familiarity once it's reached fluid levels, or after your team cohesion has reached a certain level ("strong understanding" is good enough), or in order to give your team a slight boost (attacking movement/defensive positioning/defensive or attacking set-pieces) for the next match. But I have found that tweaking match prep is a nice option to use in order to fine-tune your total training workload, useful specially for teams that plays a lot of matches during a season. Top teams involved in domestic league and cups, + euro cups, for example. That slight adjustment to total workload can be just what is needed in order to maintain/manage acceptable injury rates, jadedness, fatigue, keeping players happy. And is a lesser adjustment than lowering team or individual training levels would do. I keep my match prep at 20%. That will also shut up those players complaining about too little match prep, btw.

Having match preparation on 50% means that your players get minimal "normal" training. That's normally something you do only during pre-season when you need to raise your players tactical familiarity levels (or their team cohesion) as fast as possible. After that, match prep should be kept at 10 - 20% so that you don't use up too much of the time allocated for "normal" training.

You will always have a couple of players who will be unhappy with training. If it's about too much/too little training, you can - if you want - try to accommodate individual players by adjusting their individual training up or down. But don't ever touch the team training just for the sake of a few unhappy players.

A good way to keep most players happy with overall training is: Team training = average + individual training= average, or team training = low + individual training = heavy. In addition to 1 rest day after matches, and match prep 10 or 20%. All of these (team training, individual training, match prep* and rest days) will influence total training workload. And of course, so will individual "special" training (new position or add/remove ppm). This during the proper season; pre-season training is treated differently.

* Match prep: More time allocated to match prep will actually mean less total training workload. Match prep uses time allocated to normal training, and match prep training is considered of lesser intensity than normal training, and therefore the more time match prep eats from your normal training, the lesser the total training intensity will be.

Edit: About match prep levels: Normally, 10% is enough to maintain tactical familiarity once it's reached fluid levels, or after your team cohesion has reached a certain level ("strong understanding" is good enough), or in order to give your team a slight boost (attacking movement/defensive positioning/defensive or attacking set-pieces) for the next match. But I have found that tweaking match prep is a nice option to use in order to fine-tune your total training workload, useful specially for teams that plays a lot of matches during a season. Top teams involved in domestic league and cups, + euro cups, for example. That slight adjustment to total workload can be just what is needed in order to maintain/manage acceptable injury rates, jadedness, fatigue, keeping players happy. And is a lesser adjustment than lowering team or individual training levels would do. I keep my match prep at 20%. That will also shut up those players complaining about too little match prep, btw.

Thats a great answer thanks. Strangely I have had very minimal injuries over the course of 3 seasons, but in the last 4-5 weeks in my game I had 7 injuries in the space of a week, and most were 2-3 months out or more. I have no idea why so many players complained at the same time (I think it was 14 unhappy in one go) because the entire time as manager, I always had 1-2 here and there, and nothing really changed. The only thing I had done was give players a 3 day rest after a run of matches where they were literally playing 3 games a week for a month straight and some got jaded. I have adjusted training and everyone is happy now, so that seems good for the time being. I am worried about changing to less match prep however, because as stated things have been going very well for me. I have won numerous cups, the league twice and have had very little injuries with a small squad players in which I rotate very often. Once again thank you to all of the replies, I am very grateful for it.

I tend to keep team training low but individual training heavy. Anyone complains they get booted
I laughed at this because, I too, tend to sell players who complain too much or are rude to me. The ones that stay put with their mouths shut build a very solid and happy dressing room and thankfully mines at 100% according to the chairman. I tend to only buy "professional", "determined" and "reserved" kind of players, as well as high work rate and team work. Thus it was a shock when half the squad suddenly complained at something that had not changed in nearly 3 years.

Archived