Please SI can you stop this for FM16

Players getting random placements into reserve or second teams and creating a line of 0's or where a player is transferred (arranged) to move on a certain date (usually end of season) and they are placed in the reserves - its really annoying and ruins the player history screens

The amount of times I have seen the likes of Cavani or Pastore or Tiago Silva with 0 lines for PSG reserves. Its one thing if they were put there to play some games recuperating from injury but they aren't. At the very lease re-instate the code that I seem to recall from previous versions that (at the end of the season) removed the lines where players hadn't played

My other 2 requests (to add to your list of possible improvements) on a similar vein:

1 - recreate the season stats box on the summary screen for club history and career history - would mean less need for the history page which (for data geeks like myself) look very messy after a few seasons

2 - recognising that back-dating this to clean the histories up is a long shot can you do one of 2 things regards to players moving (at the new release or updates) where players either have moved (and therefore don't have the season line for the club they have moved from) or are set to move on the actual date (and therefore are available to play for their old team until that date?) The database is littered with players who moved after the season started IRL but are at their new club on July 1 in the game with a row of 0 appearances for their old team.

The other alternative here (especially for mid-season updates) is that new games commence after the transfer window has shut with a little calculation for all the players likely appearances etc.

Thanks

I believe that the player history format in France is a requirement of the league license that SI hold.

But surely it could be coded to ensure that teams don't put high reputation players or those with transfers pending into reserve teams?

But what if a high reputation player needs to go in the reserve team for a valid reason? It's not quite as simple as you're stating just to get around a visual "bug" that most wouldn't notice.

But what if a high reputation player needs to go in the reserve team for a valid reason? It's not quite as simple as you're stating just to get around a visual "bug" that most wouldn't notice.

Would most not notice it? I think it is, though it does not affect game play as such, one of the most annoying things in the game, and I have largely avoided managing in countries with B teams because of it. Of course its not merely about some high profile players being relegated to B teams, but young players who come through the academies. Many have been in the B team and the main team (or its youth team) every season for several seasons from the beginning of their careers. It makes their career histories look ridiculous with every other line having 0 appearances and every other line more than 0 appearances.

Would most not notice it? I think it is, though it does not affect game play as such, one of the most annoying things in the game, and I have largely avoided managing in countries with B teams because of it. Of course its not merely about some high profile players being relegated to B teams, but young players who come through the academies. Many have been in the B team and the main team (or its youth team) every season for several seasons from the beginning of their careers. It makes their career histories look ridiculous with every other line having 0 appearances and every other line more than 0 appearances.

And that's fair enough, but to me it doesn't really matter. Not saying that diminishes it in your eyes, but I'm sure there's plenty of others who don't mind, just like there's many others that think like you. All I was saying was that it wasn't as simple as just throwing in something like the OP suggested. Plus it sounds like there's a licensing reason it's in there, at least in France's case.

• Administrators

To be fair, yes it's a bit OCD but I agree that if the player hasn't played for the B-team/reserve team etc, it's not ideal that it shows up within the history. I imagine it could be quite a complicated fix mind, so not sure how realistic, if at all possible, it would be to do. It's something to investigate really.

And that's fair enough, but to me it doesn't really matter. Not saying that diminishes it in your eyes, but I'm sure there's plenty of others who don't mind, just like there's many others that think like you. All I was saying was that it wasn't as simple as just throwing in something like the OP suggested. Plus it sounds like there's a licensing reason it's in there, at least in France's case.

It could be a bit OCD as Neil Brock says. :D

I don't know what kind of league licenses SI hold, but perhaps if the players never went to the B/II/III/1st teams to get the "empty" lines, it would not have to be in their career histories.

To be fair, yes it's a bit OCD but I agree that if the player hasn't played for the B-team/reserve team etc, it's not ideal that it shows up within the history. I imagine it could be quite a complicated fix mind, so not sure how realistic, if at all possible, it would be to do. It's something to investigate really.

Obviously I'm not in the know of how feasible it would be to do, but in the case of youth players I have sometimes wondered why the youth teams are located within the main teams. If they were in the B teams or in the German/French style II or reserve teams there would be no need for the players to spend time in the main clubs' youth teams in addition to the B/II/reserve sides where they usually get their recorded appearances.

Archived